Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mahler posted:

I suspect there are wasp-controlled peeps already embedded in the Court. (if the wasps do turn out to be the parasitic/ MIND CONTROL types)

Yup, I've got a list of suspects for that here right actually!

List of people who have left the court, entered the forest and returned to the Court: Annie, smitty.

(No there probably aren't since besides those two nerds no one has crossed the bridge and entered that deeply into the forest. It's safe to assume that we're mind wasp free)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yup, I've got a list of suspects for that here right actually!

List of people who have left the court, entered the forest and returned to the Court: Annie, smitty.

(No there probably aren't since besides those two nerds no one has crossed the bridge and entered that deeply into the forest. It's safe to assume that we're mind wasp free)

Shadow, Robot, Eglamore, Jones.

Once you include anyone who's just gone from the Forest to the Court you get the whole of Foley. They don't even get plot immunity, 'cause most of those chuckleheads aren't named characters. :v:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Male Man posted:

Once you include anyone who's just gone from the Forest to the Court you get the whole of Foley. They don't even get plot immunity, 'cause most of those chuckleheads aren't named characters. :v:

Dummy Butt is a name!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Male Man posted:

They have to die as part of the test to go over though. Maybe these things are the reason why?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Male Man posted:

Not Sure 2D shadow or Jones or Robot could be infected what with them being themselves. Eglamore we've seen in the forest proper once and was blazing off at the speed of anime to save Annie so I doubt he had time to stop and tempted by the pretty lights.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Not Sure 2D shadow or Jones or Robot could be infected what with them being themselves. Eglamore we've seen in the forest proper once and was blazing off at the speed of anime to save Annie so I doubt he had time to stop and tempted by the pretty lights.

Maybe this was all a ploy to get suicided into Foley?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Off-topic, has there been any mention of the next part of Annie in the forest?

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I just found out there is an audio project for GC, here is the first one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3SMMp9pwM .

So far only chapters 1-6 are done but they're pretty great!

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition

In typical anime fashion, he won't be there until it is too late.

Which gives us more Coyote time, and everyone knows Coyote time is the best time.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

The Big Whoop posted:

In typical anime fashion, he won't be there until it is too late.

Which gives us more Coyote time, and everyone knows Coyote time is the best time.
Mort Fun Time is the best time. :colbert:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Annie's about to get a crash course in the language... of rear end kicking. :c00lbert:

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

That second panel! :allears:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

and their legs get stuck in my teeth!

Forgall fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 23, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

'I'm sure some of it was.'

Careful, Annie.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So it was a wisp.

MikeJF posted:

This statement tells us pretty much nothing. A part of the story was just a reminder of what we knew. For all I know, that was the only true part. Curse you and your faked flashback sequences!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Coyote's mixing up his wisps and wasps again.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Air is lava! posted:

So it was a wisp.

This statement tells us pretty much nothing. A part of the story was just a reminder of what we knew. For all I know, that was the only true part. Curse you and your faked flashback sequences!

I know, but I suspect Coyote is aiming to have Annie believe the part where the humans were the sole instigators.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Careful, Annie.

There were definitely some half-truths embedded in there. This wisp wanted Annie to bring him back to the court so that he could spread his corruption or something like that, and he did turn out to be a parasitic wasp. So it was basically the "Seed Biz" Moth.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love Coyote :allears:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Deceit Wisp-moth. :rimshot:

Also that is the best Coyote face yet. It's like Tom's almost channeling Hyperbole and a Half for that panel. It is awesome.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Coyote, stop eating yourself.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Explosions are the universal language Annie. You know what to do.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Forgall posted:

and their legs get stuck in my teeth!

Enhanced it a bit.

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

Forgall posted:

Enhanced it a bit.

Perfect.

Why did Annie realise the wisp was lying when it started talking about the bridge? Or was that because of Coyote's 'assistance'?

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Gonna grab that avatar when I get home if nobody beats me to it. Here's to hoping.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Forgall posted:

Enhanced it a bit.
Nice. Needs a border though for that professional Gunnerkrigg avatar look.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Angry Avocado posted:

Why did Annie realise the wisp was lying when it started talking about the bridge? Or was that because of Coyote's 'assistance'?

The Seed Bismuth didn't appear even to know that the city on the other side of the Annan Waters was still thriving, until Annie told it. How could it have already been clued in to the existence of the bridge?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Wisp-Wasp. I like that. I'ma steal it for my Dungeons and Dragons games.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

Chronojam posted:

Don't mind me, I'm
just out hunting.

Thanks for making this! I'd like to use it if nobody minds. :)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The way Coyote is chomping away at this previously alive (evil) thing is just really, really creepy.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Lots of trickster dog spirits chomping evil things lately. Tom's rehashing old plots and hoping we don't notice!

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
I love you, avatar fairy. Needed a change after eight years, and Forgall/Parts Kit did a great job.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Actual Seed Bismuth or not, I don't regret changing mine at all :colbert:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So... was that a will-o'-the-wasp? The seed bzzzmuth? Or is the answer just kind of wispy waspy right now?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Soylentbits posted:

So... was that a will-o'-the-wasp? The seed bzzzmuth? Or is the answer just kind of wispy waspy right now?

The answer is it was a wisp, some kind of jerk thing that tries to trick you and then uh... getting inside your head to do evil stuff?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SHISHKABOB posted:

The answer is it was a wisp, some kind of jerk thing that tries to trick you and then uh... getting inside your head to do evil stuff?

It was a wasp, not a wisp.

Honestly, most will-o-wisps are just balls of light that try to drown you in swamps.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 24, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Honestly, most will-o-wisps are just balls of light that try to drown you in swamps.

And some of them happen to be wasp-shaped! Geez, get your head in the game.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Brainamp posted:

But it was a wisp :ohdear:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Brainamp posted:

Fine, but you have to argue with Coyote. I'm sure not going to do it. Did you see how he crunched that wisp-wasp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Brainamp posted:

Looked pretty wispy to me.

Gonna be honest, not that anyone will believe me, but I totally called this :smug: