Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha holy poo poo

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

now this is a post i can sink my teeth into

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Oh great another poo poo Arsenal---- WAIT A MINUTE!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Fists Up posted:

I know Turkey is pretty mental in general but how much of this is being flamed by the rest of the poo poo happening in that country? Are teams aligned with certain political parties?

During the main protests in June all the three supporters groups of the big Istanbul teams (Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş) united to march on gezi park together, where they chanted for hours and swapped flags etc. Beşiktaş as an area of Istanbul is closest to Taksim where most of the protests were happening and a lot of the running battles between protestors and the police the first few days were right by the stadium, and Beşiktaş's main supporters group is called çarşı and they took a pretty major role in the protests, at one point stealing an excavator and using it to chase away a police toma (water cannon). They're traditionally left wing but then the protests united pretty much everyone in Istanbul, young people and students from across all spectrums were united for a while, so while lingering resentment against the authorities certainly added to the discontent at this match it's more likely they kicked off because of the circumstances they went behind, and because Turks love to go loving mental about football.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Butterfly Valley posted:

During the main protests in June all the three supporters groups of the big Istanbul teams (Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş) united to march on gezi park together, where they chanted for hours and swapped flags etc. Beşiktaş as an area of Istanbul is closest to Taksim where most of the protests were happening and a lot of the running battles between protestors and the police the first few days were right by the stadium, and Beşiktaş's main supporters group is called çarşı and they took a pretty major role in the protests, at one point stealing an excavator and using it to chase away a police toma (water cannon). They're traditionally left wing but then the protests united pretty much everyone in Istanbul, young people and students from across all spectrums were united for a while, so while lingering resentment against the authorities certainly added to the discontent at this match it's more likely they kicked off because of the circumstances they went behind, and because Turks love to go loving mental about football.

Nice meltdown.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

hahahaha

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Flamini was all come at me brah and the irish fella half a foot taller than him shat his kecks and ran away, heard to utter: "This gunner... He's inhuman!"

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Small man syndrome in action

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Flamini is a cool guy

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Should give him a 5 game ban. Assaulting other players on the pitch shouldn't be tolerated

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ban Flamini for as long as Wilson feels threatened imo

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

flamini's a loving tosser ffs

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Wilson sounds like the type to write checks with his mouth that his rear end can't cash, although technically writing them with his legs I guess, but the analogy still stands

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It's a rumour ffs guys

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
My buddy sent me this:

Anyone know the context to it? :iiam:

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

JunkDeluxe posted:

My buddy sent me this:

Anyone know the context to it? :iiam:

Sometimes when footballers score a goal, they'll celebrate by pretending to knock out their teammates. Well, Bari's Francesco Caputo didn't pretend.

Just two minutes after Cesena took a 1-0 lead in the second half of their match against Bari on Sunday, Caputo equalized with this goal. And in his fit of joy he blasted the man who set him up, Emmanuel Rivas, right in the face with a wicked punch. Why? Who knows. But Rivas certainly wasn't expecting it. He thought he was going to get a nice hug and instead he got smacked in the eye.

If this is the start of a new trend in goal celebrations, they could finally become an interesting part of the game.

E: its actually an elbow so not sure if the above can be trusted

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

I didn't know Enforcer was a position outside of Hockey.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nwUJNJEheo

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

:iceburn:

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

The biggest ice burn is that he didn't mention Mikel Arteta.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

NeoNaoNeo posted:

He said players that went to big clubs mate

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

He said players that went to big clubs mate

mcbain.jpg

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Arteta was there for like 6 years so it wouldn't really have made sense.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Arteta was there for like 6 years so it wouldn't really have made sense.

Ah yes as opposed to Jack Rodwell and Wayne Rooney and Marouane Fellaini (5 years)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHhBXGeJUI

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

barca

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Ah yes as opposed to Jack Rodwell and Wayne Rooney and Marouane Fellaini (5 years)

Eh, he implies that they were all there for one to three years. The whole statement is really stupid for various reasons.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Look at how they all run away from him :rolleyes:, we're going to need more than just rainbow laces before football can truly become progressive.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Chelsea

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
i can't picture flamini ever playing the ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDIpOEXWb9Q

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

drat thats wacky!!!

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1R59VwgkqU

Maybe Chelsea do have room for another attacking midfielder...

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_Pi_SW4Cc&sns=em

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

There's looking older and then there's that.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

Carlton....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Lot 49 posted:

I thought this, but then the club put up an official statement from his younger brother, Kanu, that proved his age

• Locked thread