Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008
You can purchase them individually from your legacy, character perks screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

VonLudwig posted:

You can purchase them individually from your legacy, character perks screen.

Unless they changed something, I believe those are permanent minor upgrades. Don't they cap out at 5% or something?

If there's a specific upgrade you want you'll need to go to the GTN.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

unleash the unicorn posted:

Is it impossible to buy individual items in the Cartel Market?

I only want the class mission experience upgrades, but they're only available in a pack with all other experience upgrades?

Just buy the global 30% ones from the cartel market. The class exp ones are worthless and a waste of money.

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.
thanks everyone

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Re: Flashpoints, it's always fun when the tank bails group just before the end boss. :bang:

It's enough to make me consider leveling my Vanguard in a tanking spec.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Has anyone been trying to keep track of updates/tidbits of info about the promised space enhancements? I remember thinking long ago that the way they could make this game amazing would be a really good space-based elder game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Finndo posted:

Has anyone been trying to keep track of updates/tidbits of info about the promised space enhancements? I remember thinking long ago that the way they could make this game amazing would be a really good space-based elder game.

This has the teaser video and the comments add what we know. The info isn't all out there yet, the teaser trailer just came out.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Eltoasto posted:

This has the teaser video and the comments add what we know. The info isn't all out there yet, the teaser trailer just came out.

There's also been some test server datamining as well.

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

If someone could invite Clownballoon on JC Imperial side that would be just terrific :cool:

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Vriess posted:

There's also been some test server datamining as well.

Has anyone indicated what this revealed?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Eltoasto posted:

Thanks.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Finndo posted:

Has anyone indicated what this revealed?

Yeah, there were links earlier in the thread. There's some space PVP stuff and different classes of ship with various upgrades.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Made a sharpshooter gunslinger. Someone want to give me a rundown of my rotation? Reading through the skills I can only make out two important things: Charged Burst is my "filler" ability, and once I get Trickshot everything goes john loving madden. am i wrong?

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Thumbtacks posted:

Made a sharpshooter gunslinger. Someone want to give me a rundown of my rotation? Reading through the skills I can only make out two important things: Charged Burst is my "filler" ability, and once I get Trickshot everything goes john loving madden. am i wrong?

Charged burst will be instant whenever you roll into/duck into cover. You will always follow an ability with trickshot, because charged, aimed, and rapid will activate it, with the latter two instantly pulling it off the cooldown. You'll get an execute ability that will also expedite its cooldown dramatically.

You'll have a AOE knockback that will also make your next charged burst instant. This is important because charged burst will be able to lower aimed shots cooldown by .5 each time you use it, stacking twice, allowing you to have a 1.5s Aimed shot.

It will be important to use your armor debuff on targets you want to burn, and root them for the big blows.

Blunder bus
Jan 27, 2012

All aboard the Blunder Bus!
Could I get an invite to your space guild please? I'm playing a Bounty Hunter called Linttov and am really starting to get back into this again. Forgot how much I missing dungeon running!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Vriess posted:

Charged burst will be instant whenever you roll into/duck into cover. You will always follow an ability with trickshot, because charged, aimed, and rapid will activate it, with the latter two instantly pulling it off the cooldown. You'll get an execute ability that will also expedite its cooldown dramatically.

You'll have a AOE knockback that will also make your next charged burst instant. This is important because charged burst will be able to lower aimed shots cooldown by .5 each time you use it, stacking twice, allowing you to have a 1.5s Aimed shot.

It will be important to use your armor debuff on targets you want to burn, and root them for the big blows.

What'd you bind all your abilities to? I've never been good at keybinds.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If anyone wants invites to the Republic-side goon guild, I'll be on shortly. Message Anyashal with your forums username.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Thumbtacks posted:

What'd you bind all your abilities to? I've never been good at keybinds.

I don't do keybinds. So that'll be someone else. I have above average twitch reflexes and a fast mouse.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, there were links earlier in the thread. There's some space PVP stuff and different classes of ship with various upgrades.

Honestly, if the space enhancements are like Jump to Light speed I might strongly consider coming back to this game.

elfelfbaby
May 29, 2006

Vriess posted:

I don't do keybinds. So that'll be someone else. I have above average twitch reflexes and a fast mouse.

It's you. You are every Imp pvper on my team yesterday. Keyboard turners all.

While I'm only joking it never fails to surprise me that people can play like that. It just feels stilted to me.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

elfelfbaby posted:

While I'm only joking it never fails to surprise me that people can play like that. It just feels stilted to me.

I play with mostly the keyboard and only use the mouse when not in combat. I just like using my number pad for all of my keybinds.

Also, are there any good places to just read up on this game like wowhead or something like that?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Well, there's torhead.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

elfelfbaby posted:

I tend to outplay most people in whatever role I want to be (Save Rage/Focus guys in damage, but who can?); it's just more natural for me; plus it's a goddamned 1.5s GCD. If I can't trigger my next ability in 1.5s then I'm probably not fit to hit warzones anyway.

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!
If anyone is online on Republic side with invite authority for Goon Squad could you let me know either here on the board or online? The character I am on currently is my Scoundrel "Dymen". I also have a fledgling Trooper named Brayse I'd like to get in as well. I'll worry about my proto-Shadow and proto-Sentinel later when I get them to level 10+.

I appreciate the help.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So is it entirely viable and not slow to level up a Guardian/Juggernaut through the tank tree? Or should I be sticking with Vigilance/whatever the Jugg equivalent is? I think I remember it being god awfully slow after release. Is it any better now?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It depends. If you go DPS with a tank companion, you'll need to stop to rest every other pull (probably) because you'll need to heal your comp up. If you go DPS with a DPS companion, you'll definitely have to do it after every pull, but you'll kill them faster. Tanky + healing comp is technically slower (I guess), but you spend a lot less time resting. Once you hit like 35-40 (or whenever you get guardian slash), trash is a lot faster.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

rizzen posted:

So is it entirely viable and not slow to level up a Guardian/Juggernaut through the tank tree? Or should I be sticking with Vigilance/whatever the Jugg equivalent is? I think I remember it being god awfully slow after release. Is it any better now?

Immortal Juggernaut had no issue, especially since you get Malavai Quinn in goddamned Balmorra. Heroic 2's were nothing. Always queued up for flashpoints real fast.

It's not like Vengeance or Rage are *hard* to learn or that important.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Rather than healing them, why not dismiss and re-summon them? They come back with full health and its faster, depending on how damaged they are. Also, I noticed that I actually had to heal less (either me or my companion) when my sniper brought Vector or Temple compared to Scorpio or Kaliyo. The difference in damage output was stark enough that the extra DPS actually led me to have faster kills on pulls and less downtime between them.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there an up-to date guide to endgame crafting? Apparently you can make raid-level mods with it?

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942
I've played my sage to 47 using Qyzen Fess as my tank while I did DPS and I was really struggling. Then I read someone suggest to let Nadia do the DPS while I healed her. I redid my build to healing and it's like night and day and got to 48 much more easily. I highly recommend this switch to any sage as soon as they get her. This also leaves you spec'd for healing in pvp and groups.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Baron Porkface posted:

Is there an up-to date guide to endgame crafting? Apparently you can make raid-level mods with it?

The following applies to Cybertech/Artifice/Armstech as they make the insertable mods:

For 66 mods you craft them with the usual process of learning the green recipes from a trainer and re-engineering up to blue/purple.

For 69 and 72 mods you need to pull an existing purple mod out of an item (which you can acquire from fps/raids) and RE that for a 20% chance at learning the purple recipe. Then you need to craft them using rare reagents, typically involving some Mass Manipulators (drops from raids, quite rare, each one costs ~400k on POT5), Exotic Elements (drops from flashpoints/raids), or Isotope-5 (bought with commendations).

75 mods cannot currently be crafted but I think they will be after the next patch.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

It depends. If you go DPS with a tank companion, you'll need to stop to rest every other pull (probably) because you'll need to heal your comp up. If you go DPS with a DPS companion, you'll definitely have to do it after every pull, but you'll kill them faster. Tanky + healing comp is technically slower (I guess), but you spend a lot less time resting. Once you hit like 35-40 (or whenever you get guardian slash), trash is a lot faster.

Welp, I'm a Jedi Knight, so I'm stuck with Droidbro and Kira for a bit. Might just DPS it out then until I can get Guardian Slash and try it out then. Cheers.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I won't be able to make it on tonight- BF got stranded here and I am not going to be anti social.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do we know anything about what the natural difficulty is with regards to gear? Like is Green gear at level with the Mob meant to represent the ideal challenge at that level?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

Do we know anything about what the natural difficulty is with regards to gear? Like is Green gear at level with the Mob meant to represent the ideal challenge at that level?

I've only ever seen it in regards to quest level. Based on the quest level you can tell if you're in the right area or not. Gray means you're way over the rec. level for the quest and you won't get xp for it, green is a little lower than where you should be, yellow is on-level, orange is a little higher than you should be, red will probably kill you.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What gear level is necessary for Hardmode 55? Some people say basic, but the group finder says basic for Storymode.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Baron Porkface posted:

What gear level is necessary for Hardmode 55? Some people say basic, but the group finder says basic for Storymode.

I'd say mostly Basic gear if you're tanking, a good mix of basic gear and campaign if you're healing, and campaign+ if you're DPS'ing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Baron Porkface posted:

Well, right after the patch we were doing them in full 61/63s. They're really not that hard.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Baron Porkface posted:

If you are a tank/healer unless you are running with someone you know as the healer then probably 63s

You can get by with 61's if you are confident in your healing/tanking

DPS should be fine with 61's so long as they don't stand in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

Ops or flashpoints?

• Locked thread