Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Are you guys trying to get random nonsense closed like you got the bully breed thread closed?

I want to see what it would take for that to happen. I'm genuinely curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

wtftastic posted:

I want to see what it would take for that to happen. I'm genuinely curious.

Moses has to kill a cat and people have to have feelings about it. That's what happened last time anyway.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

:words: about dogs outdoors

:words: about dogs outdoors killing outdoor cats

:words: about IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP

there ya go

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Probably be better to just close this thread anyway since its function has been fulfilled by fb.

Something Positive
Jan 10, 2010

MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHERMOTHERMOTHER MOOOOTTTHHHEEERRRR
Asking to join the FB group because I miss looking at pictures of Frankie :(. My profile pic is me holding a pretty white parasol.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Citizen Rat posted:

Probably be better to just close this thread anyway since its function has been fulfilled by fb.

Not really. Most of what gets posted in the fb group has literally nothing to do with animals or pets and you wouldn't want it on here anyway (drunkposts, news about our sex lives, what we're making for dinner). They serve different purposes, facebook being for liveposting silly thoughts that come into our heads, PI random nonsense for talking random nonsense about animals and pets. If we closed every thread that had any overlap, we wouldn't have both a training thread AND a puppy/new dog thread, or any new threads about much of anything at all, since there's already a megathread that seems to serve every possible niche. They're different community types that do different things.

Edit: was it this controversial when PI started using IRC to chat? If you like, you can think of fb as the new IRC, because that's basically what it is.

ButWhatIf fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 22, 2013

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

ButWhatIf posted:

Moses has to kill a cat and people have to have feelings about it. That's what happened last time anyway.

Well if super could just get on that, we'd be all set.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
Right now in facebook we are chatting about how hilarious it is that you are all butthurt about us chatting in facebook, hth

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.

Captain Foxy posted:

Right now in facebook we are chatting about how hilarious it is that you are all butthurt about us chatting in facebook, hth

a conversation in a facebook group about a conversation in an internet subforum about a conversation in a facebook group that is an offshoot of an internet subforum

about pets

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

ButWhatIf posted:

Well poo poo lemme stick my head out the door and see if Pittens is around, and we can get this show on the road

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

notsowelp posted:

a conversation in a facebook group about a conversation in an internet subforum about a conversation in a facebook group that is an offshoot of an internet subforum

about pets

We need to go deeper.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

wtftastic posted:

We need to go deeper.

Seriously?

Next ya'll are going to tell me you have tumblrs. At which point I am burning this subforum down for the good of humanity.

necessary voodoo
Nov 4, 2010

Citizen Rat posted:

Seriously?

Next ya'll are going to tell me you have tumblrs. At which point I am burning this subforum down for the good of humanity.

Trophy and Refurb already have tumblrs.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

necessary voodoo posted:

Trophy and Refurb already have tumblrs.

Pet tumblrs don't count. Those are cute.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The only social media stuff I ever had was like, a xanga. And I think I updated it twice. I don't know how you facebook folks remember to log on and stuff.

E: VVVV I just keep up with everybody via phone. v:shobon:v

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 23, 2013

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Typically you have things like frienda and family in your life and they all use facebook a bunch so

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Dogdoo 8 posted:

The format is awkward for conversations and I hate facebook in general. I already have to deal with normal account crap, I really don't want to deal with another one.

The facebook group is mostly constant chatposting that I'm not interested in catching up on so whatevz. Sometimes I'll jump in on new posts and hang out, but mostly it's 300+ megathreads of blahblahblah that's not worth reading if you weren't participating as it was going on.

PI is good for, you know, actually talking about pets. Except this thread.

ButWhatIf posted:

Not really. Most of what gets posted in the fb group has literally nothing to do with animals or pets and you wouldn't want it on here anyway (drunkposts, news about our sex lives, what we're making for dinner). They serve different purposes, facebook being for liveposting silly thoughts that come into our heads, PI random nonsense for talking random nonsense about animals and pets. If we closed every thread that had any overlap, we wouldn't have both a training thread AND a puppy/new dog thread, or any new threads about much of anything at all, since there's already a megathread that seems to serve every possible niche. They're different community types that do different things.

Edit: was it this controversial when PI started using IRC to chat? If you like, you can think of fb as the new IRC, because that's basically what it is.

Essentially this. Nothing wrong the the fb group, just a different, supplemental thing. You're not missing anything not posting there, but if you want more chat, it's the go-to.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Serella posted:

Essentially this. Nothing wrong the the fb group, just a different, supplemental thing. You're not missing anything not posting there, but if you want more chat, it's the go-to.

It did have the benefit of helping some folks realize they were local to each other and now there might be more PI doggy play dates :)

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
Hey FB Goons, I'm sketchin' really bad pics of pets tonight so GET IN THERE.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
Look at that, SA PI is not useless nor irrelevant and outdated! Why, were it not for this very thread and that very most recent post above me I would not have excitedly/medicatedly gone flying through my photos I took today and post them to be drawn, AS WELL as wanting very badly to continue that wonderful display of art by adding my own when I am capable of doing so under my own volition. TOMORROW. ART SHALL BE.

In the meanwhile I took over 300 photos of Diaz with my grandpa's cheap dSLR and the 50mm lens I got him, which means no zooming you have to physically move to alter the angles and such of the shots. I was so lazy once I laid down in the grass I figured "what the hell I'm just far enough to get all of her in frame I'm sure the shots can't be that bad." My year+ of not having used a dSLR sucks enough but even longer since handling a Nikon and I forgot everything I knew and couldn't figure the buttons quick enough and half the shots have awful exposure and strange focus.

Although. One particular pose set taken at different times had impeccably accurate focus in a suspiciously consistent place.

The best and only real n-focus shots I got were DIAZ rear end. NOT OK. :C

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Captain Foxy posted:

Right now you guys are calling people "fags" and posting a stream of baby talk.

v Yes, my single, one-sentence post. :lol: I hid it from my newsfeed pretty much immediately.

demozthenes fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 23, 2013

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

demozthenes posted:

Right now you guys are calling people "fags" and posting a stream of baby talk.

I like how you keep bringing whatever you have a problem with from FB over to SA. If you dislike it, either say something about it in the appropriate location, or just leave the group. No one is forcing you to be on FB and you probably will miss 0% information on dogs/ dog butts/ what we're eating/ who is having a good day.

For actual RANDOM ANIMAL NONSENSE content: Bailey tried to eat soy sauce and is now completely grossed out. He drained most of a soy sauce packet and then left it for me to clean.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
You all ruined PI.

ButWhatIf posted:

I'm not 100% sure it's the rules so much as the culture we've inadvertently created. We're become a bit of an echo chamber of rules not about posting but about the Right Way to Do Pets, and it's stagnant as poo poo. All it leads to is arguing about what is the proper tone to discuss the Right Way to Do Pets, which is where we are today. Are we allowed to be Mean about the Right Way to Do Pets, or should we be Nice about the Right Way to Do Pets.

Basically this.

HelloSailorSign posted:

No, because it forced me to stop being a complete rear end in a top hat and actually be useful.

Many of the dogpile jokes that happen due to trolls/bad posters/whatever are dumb and annoying to read and not actually funny.

And this.

Citizen Rat posted:

Close PI

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

She is all grown up *wipes a nostalgic tear*

Nice ears on that bc. Very becoming, very gsd.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

adventure in the sandbox posted:

Because she IS a gsd.

Fraction you aren't fooling anyone.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ginny Field posted:

Spamming the hell outta this thread with pictures of dawgs having fun.

Haha what is this creature and why isn't he constantly spammed all over PI?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

adventure in the sandbox posted:

She is all grown up *wipes a nostalgic tear*

cryingscarf posted:

Because she IS a gsd.

Fraction you aren't fooling anyone.

t:mad:

SOMEONE irl (who has a gsd!!) said kalli is looking more bcish these days so :mad:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Sure glad you're not in charge.

With all of the stupid poo poo being vented on facebook, it just leaves room for actual relevant posts on PI.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Kalli's not floofy enough to be a GSD

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

^^^^ That picture cracks me up every time. Please get Artie some ankleweights so his rear end doesn't float away.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

I can hardly believe he was ever that small.

This was Artie this Saturday after a groom

He weighs too much to float away, don't worry about that!

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Zenithbliss posted:

I can hardly believe he was ever that small.

This was Artie this Saturday after a groom

Whelp, I didn't know they sell pocket size polar bears. I wanna bury my face on that fur, it looks so soft :3:

Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?

Papercut posted:

Haha what is this creature and why isn't he constantly spammed all over PI?

He's not mine, he just visits sometimes. :3:

We think he's jack/chi, and he's kind of the antithesis of a yappy rat since he pretty much never barks. Though I'm pretty sure I would have given in and spammed the yappy rat thread eventually if it had remained open.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Zenithbliss posted:

Here we see the polar bear imitating the common seal in order to lure one in and eat it.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Random nonsense thread might have become superfluous but the rest of PI hasn't. The PIFB is lots of fun but serves no practical purpose and flies by reeaaaally fast.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
I do enjoy being able to interact with forum people and see their faces/names--gives me more of a feeling you're more 'connected' to them than just a forum post. I feel way more comfortable with the PI people since watching their temperament and attitudes really flow freely without the restriction of, y'know, moderation. I don't think I have ever disliked any poster here at any point, nor felt strongly enough about any I had never met beyond "oh cool, that person thinks like me" or "eh don't care for their response *forgets 5 minutes later*" and with PIFB I definitely love seeing everybody's personality and you guys are so random and awesome. Especially because I always feel suspicious and some trepidation at joining a "forum group" outside of the original forum...
Agreeing with those who state that SA PI is more on on-point, less petty drama place people who are new with questions can come to and while still receiving a perhaps "well this IS something awful!" type response there's a drat good chance the information they WILL get is legit and through experience.
PIFB is like the SA PI after-hours club where we all shake off our usernames, let our hair down (let's admit it we're all goddamn ladies even you Bash) and talk freely about forum things/pet stuff, AND juicy, delicious, vent-able drama due to NO MODS NO MERCY or whatever. Which is funny because I expected more PI related posts and am now amused by the most random poo poo, get to know people's personalities and still have no idea whose real name is the corresponding username no matter how many times I'm told. Basically we get to run with all that poo poo we have to hold ourselves back on in SA PI. Also way more pictures, I love pictures.

gently caress YEAH PHOTOS
ANIMALS WOW
SO FUN

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I see Artie finally grew out of his monkey face. :3:

Also Kalli so does look like a GSD, just she has white. :colbert:

p.s. though that dog's young in that picture I loving love her structure

Skizzles fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 24, 2013

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

The only thing I dislike about the facebook group is that I am less driven to take Peep pictures because I'll only be FB posting them (bc there's no point posting them here because SA has no bully people besides like me and Supertwo and Wheats and like 1 or 2 other people) and when Peep grows up I will have like 1/10th the pics of him that I have of Pin growing up.

e; irl thought it'll go the same way the IRC thing did in 2009 and devolve and we'll all be back here sooner or later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Skizzles posted:

Also Kalli so does look like a GSD, just she has white. :colbert:

:eng101: a Panda Shepherd!

• Locked thread