Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
How amazing was the discussion of 20th vs. 25th High School Reunions this week?

"20th, it's 20 years from being 18, you're like 'I'm 38, I'm gonna go cry...'"
"Yeah, but 25th, you're like 'I'm forty three...'"
"JIMMY'S DEAAAAAAD!"
"JIMMY DIED!...FOR US!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Yeah that was pretty great.

I also appreciated Seth's update on his soy yogurt brand's factory.

If you are into soy yogurt, that poo poo is 100% the best, no question. Look for it if you go to Whole Foods.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
What brand is that? I'm still working my way through the backlog.

I really should start going to the whole foods on coldwater canyon more often. As well as the Hugo's right there. If they still go to theose places half as much as they talk about in the early days of the podcast I'd stand a pretty good chance of running into J-Dawg or Seth. Only I'm not rich enough to have the disposable income to constantly pay 3x more on groceries than necessary. gently caress whole foods.

I already know what I'd say. Just point at J and say loudly "That's Jonathan Larroquette." Actually I wouldn't but it would be funny. For me.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I shop almost exclusively at whole foods, but they're like the only place that has all the variety I need to maintain a vegan diet. The things I buy there are never anywhere else, at least where I live. I love that place.

The brand is Whole Soy, I think. I just recognize the labels and grab it though. If you eat yogurt or like alternative yogurts, I don't think it can be beat.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 20, 2013

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I love yogurt so I'll give it a shot.

Don't get me wrong, whole foods has some great stuff, but it's just freaking expensive. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian either so there's I'm not so screwed food options-wise just going to a normal supermarket or trader joes or something. Saves me a hell of a lot of money on food.

I still make the occasional trip to whole foods for some good stuff like a beatiful giant dry-aged ribeye or other specialty stuff you can't find at Vons or some such. Since whole foods actually has good beef unlike most markets that's a big draw for me.

Damo fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 20, 2013

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
uhhyeahdude.com's had a bit of a redevelopment or have I not been to the website in a few weeks?

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
That's very new, and it looks alright except that Seth'c clips now don't play on the TV, which is terrible.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Yeah wow, that's pretty great. They've needed a new site for a while.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I visited the wiki this morning already, but not the frontpage. Jonathan probably realized it was a good idea to have something a bit less bandwidth intensive on the landing page.

The old-style Seth's Corner is still available

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
New site is fresh. FRESH.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

:whatup:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
These men are my loving heroes, and that's why I'm hosed

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
388? In.

@uhhyeahdude is retweeting a tonne of happy birthdays to Seth :3:

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Don't forget to give the main man a call. You know the number.

CanceledTVShow
Mar 29, 2013
The new UYD site is really nice and actually has a picture of the boys instead of that ugly "hairy" logo. :3:
I'm actually glad they went minimalist because the site used to be way too busy with the format frames and constantly crashed.

CrimsonCardinal
Sep 21, 2013
It is truly a joyous experience to see their glorious visages adorning their web-zone!

I long for the days when we could see these two American Americans weaving their tales.

I wish to see Seth once more, a great orator adorned with roses.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The Red Sox became AL East Champions on Seth's birthday. I would totally call him and share this moment with him if I didn't hate talking on the phone so much.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

388 for the lazy: http://traffic.libsyn.com/uhhyeahdude/ep388ep388ep388ep388.mp3

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
IS it just me, or have the boys been incredibly on point lately? The newest This Year compilation has got me thinking; I remember when the 2006 best of was released feeling a little disappointed because I was relistening to all of those classic bits and feeling like their more recent stuff wasn't measuring up.

These last dozen or so episodes have been amazing though. This loving show has been such consistently high quality from day one that now I feel bad for ever doubting them just because of a short stretch of slower eps.

Truly America's podcast.

EDIT:

Zohn fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 21, 2013

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Yeah during the last 10 eps or so I've thought to myself "this would be a good one to let someone new listen to" almost every time, so they're definitely on point for sure.

There's no bad episodes in my mind, just ones that reach higher highs that might hook a new listener.

Seth's rant about people who make idiotic comments about bisexual men and women a couple episodes ago was one of my all time favorite clips. It was just too loving good.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Sep 21, 2013

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Black envelopes and holding your child's head under the water in a sinking car. This week is some good poo poo

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Zohn posted:

IS it just me, or have the boys been incredibly on point lately?
Yeah, everybody agreed they seemed kinda reinvigorated around the time the WTF interview aired.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Plus now J-Dog had his double vacation, so you know he's super chill as ever.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Where's the shop on the new site? It's time for my yearly donation.

Edit: Also, the navigation menu floats over the entry for the last episode.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 21, 2013

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Hm, I was wondering why iTunes hadn't downloaded 388 yet, now I see updating to the newest version of iTunes unsubscribed all my podcasts feeds! Thanks, Apple, you done done it again.

Todd Forklift
Dec 19, 2006

Havent heard 388 yet but everything since WTF has been above par

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
It looks like they got rid of the UYD forums, which is probably for the best considering the psychos that inhabited that place.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paul's dead bitch, go get me poo poo!

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.
What exactly was wrong with the forums? I've heard it talked about in this thread before, but I've never visited it.

I'm imagining some combination of incestuous sycophancy and people trying too hard to imitate Seth/Jonathon.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Crescendo posted:

I'm imagining some combination of incestuous sycophancy and people trying too hard to imitate Seth/Jonathon.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
I noticed that J said to call him if you could find his number in the archives. Have any of you called his cell recently?

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

I thought that number (mmmmmm3234814422) was lapsed? It would be cool Jonathan got it back

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho
The new website sucks.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
He got a totally new number. I think he mentioned it sometimes after episode 350, but I can't really get more specific than that.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Anonymous Robot posted:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Also, people were just kinda mean-spirited and unnecessarily hostile there - in a way that didn't seem to really match with the tone of the show.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

Also, people were just kinda mean-spirited and unnecessarily hostile there - in a way that didn't seem to really match with the tone of the show.

It's that annoying thing of "This is OUR show. We've been here from the start. What are YOU doing here?" It's just elitist bullshit.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Ouch yeah the new website really sucks and is all bugged out in firefox (on my comp at least). They also ruined the vibe of the seths clips. But its cool they got rid of that forum

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Seth saw that link to this thread and he's going to announce we're the new official UYD forum. Absolutely no queers.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Only fully clandestine unofficial UYD fans in full regalia ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
omg I sent Seth a birthday card and he sent something back! I seriously screamed like a little girl.

JT stands for my name, no clue what SB 48 means? I sent him a birthday card, letter, and some Dallas Cowboys swag.

edit: sorry for table breaking :(

(Apparently SB 48 this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/stop-sb-48_n_1686706.html)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BIG CITY LAWYER fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 24, 2013