Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serperoth posted:

Replace Haruto with Gen, would that save Wizard?
I didn't get into Wizard, but now that it's over I've been thinking about it, if even to check out the whole "first female Rider" thing. Tackle wasn't, technically speaking, a Rider.
Worth downloading Wizard when a batch comes out?

Tackle was to a goddamn Rider.

If RiderMan is considered a Rider she sure as gently caress should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Waffleman_ posted:

The best thing about the Kyoryuger movie promos was seeing Haruto do the silly dance. Haruto should have done more silly things.

He likes donuts! And he always orders them plain! That's silly, right??

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Tackle wasn't, but what about Femme, or Ixa (twice, temporarily), or Kivala, or Nadeshiko? And I'm positive I'm leaving some out.

A while back in this thread we listed out all the female riders. Or riders who were female at some point (Ixa, Delta). There's also L'arc, Shuki, Amaki in addition to those you mentioned.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't think Ixa should count toward female riders, because the only time they let the girls really use it was to kill a bad guy the guys had already beaten with the same suit. Come on, Inoue.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
There have been many female Riders so far, but they all have some reason not to "count" depending on how you look at it. They're always some combination of the following:

-Extremely short-lived, often movie-exclusive
-Using powers that are either mass-produced or keep being passed around (so they aren't the "main" version of that Rider)
-Less powerful, girly knockoffs of existing Riders
-Jobbing to every single villain they fight after their first appearance (if they're even allowed that)
-Never officially referred to as a Kamen Rider (Pretty much only Tackle. Ah, well.)

I admittedly don't know what Mage's deal is (and a quick trip to the Kamen Rider wiki is only confusing me further, but it seems to fall into the "mass-produced powers" category). What I do know is that, way back when Wizard first started, we were speculating that Rinko could use a G3-like police-themed Rider suit and help Wizard with the power of science. Alas.

Of course, it's a bit unrealistic to look for gender equality in a japanese toy commercial aimed at eight year-old boys, but come on. Hopefully Gaim's large Rider cast will bring at least one girl into the fold, but I'm not holding my breath. The very best case will likely be a strawberry-themed Rider who can at the most technically win fights, keeps being held by the forearm as a hostage, hesitates to attack monsters because emotions, and eventually passes her belt on to someone who can use it better (and coincidentally happens to be a dude).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fred is on posted:

Of course, it's a bit unrealistic to look for gender equality in a japanese toy commercial aimed at eight year-old boys, but come on. Hopefully Gaim's large Rider cast will bring at least one girl into the fold, but I'm not holding my breath. The very best case will likely be a strawberry-themed Rider who can at the most technically win fights, keeps being held by the forearm as a hostage, hesitates to attack monsters because emotions, and eventually passes her belt on to someone who can use it better (and coincidentally happens to be a dude).

Gaim has a strawberry form already.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighter from Beverly Hills is coming to DVD. Literally no one wanted this.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They cancel the second Bettleborgs Metalix but actually manufacture and ship that poo poo.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

I might get it just because it's so cheap. This used to come on USA right before Knight Rider, so I'd watch it after school as I was eating dinner. If anyone here has never seen it I think the best way to describe it as late-90s America ripping off the production values of 1960s Ultraman.

edit: Ah, here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmhRKU5zBS8

toomanyninjas fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 19, 2013

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

toomanyninjas posted:

I might get it just because it's so cheap. This used to come on USA right before Knight Rider, so I'd watch it after school as I was eating dinner. If anyone here has never seen it I think the best way to describe it as late-90s America ripping off the production values of 1960s Ultraman.

1960s Ultraman was super high budget and cutting edge.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

1960s Ultraman was super high budget and cutting edge.

For its era.

And that's EXACTLY what this show decided to emulate!

Only by cutting corners. You can't pull off that wizardry they did now!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Six episodes into Go-onger. Sosuke seems like kind of a jerk so far.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Dexie posted:

Six episodes into Go-onger. Sosuke seems like kind of a jerk so far.

He loosens up fairly early on -- I think it's episode 8 where he gets hit with something that he actually has to learn from for once, and then he just keeps on rolling the Enjoyably Dumbassed train.

If you want jerks, wait until the Wings show up.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Two episodes of Decade and I'm done. This show is boring as poo poo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

toomanyninjas posted:

Don't worry, in a few episodes it starts to suck too!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Burkion posted:

Don't worry, in a few episodes it starts to suck too!

But then you'll never learn about sea cucumbers!

Actually, in all fairness, I loved the faux-antagonism between Decade and Diend.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

RBX posted:

They cancel the second Bettleborgs Metalix but actually manufacture and ship that poo poo.

It's not distributed by the same company.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

toomanyninjas posted:

Are you sure it's not just a bad translation ruining it? Want to take a second look?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh you guys are too good to us.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Not me, I'd never have done Decade for any of you. It's basically the only two O-T members who don't have an account here plus Megan.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

Are you sure it's not just a bad translation ruining it? Want to take a second look?

I actually watched Decade and it's just doodoobutts.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Is vlc still the best way to play mkv files on iOS? I'm mostly looking to use it on MFC and GUIS releases.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

HKR posted:

Is vlc still the best way to play mkv files on iOS? I'm mostly looking to use it on MFC and GUIS releases.

I've been using iMedia Player from VietMobile, it works perfectly.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
Does anybody know where I can find RAWs of the old Zaborgar series? I just watched the movie again, and really want to experience the original series. I feel it would be magical :allears:.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Gotenks0053 posted:

Does anybody know where I can find RAWs of the old Zaborgar series? I just watched the movie again, and really want to experience the original series. I feel it would be magical :allears:.

Near as I can tell, you can't. There's one disc available on an iso site, and that's about it. Maybe Japanese p2p?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So I went to a very small convention in my town yesterday, and there was a booth selling various toku merchandise. A lot of it was out of my price range, but I was able to buy a blind box Fourze figure, an Astroswitch, and a Wizard Ring, so I am now a proud toy owner.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Wow, if Kyoryuger 29 isn't the most giffable sentai episode I've ever seen. I hope there's a Carnival for every combination.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Agent Rush posted:

Wow, if Kyoryuger 29 isn't the most giffable sentai episode I've ever seen. I hope there's a Carnival for every combination.

Problem with Carnival is that all the good gifs are like 4 megs.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Also that it drains all tension or drama out of the fights its used in because of that stupid song/transformation sequence. Oh yeah and also its ugly and Minityra is borderline bad cgi.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cliff Racer posted:

Also that it drains all tension or drama out of the fights its used in because of that stupid song/transformation sequence. Oh yeah and also its ugly and Minityra is borderline bad cgi.

Don't you dare diss Minityra. He is a gift from God.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Don't you dare diss Minityra. He is a gift from God.

I'll agree to this. If and when a toy of the same size comes out, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Found a smallish one

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dante Logos posted:

I'll agree to this. If and when a toy of the same size comes out, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

It's already out and is in scale with the toy revolver.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cliff Racer posted:

Talk poo poo, get hit.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I kinda don't like Carnivale either. Maybe it's because Gokaiger and Go-Busters didn't have super modes only one person got, or because it reminds me of how Digimon Frontier handled its last power-up, but it rubs me the wrong way.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Justin_Brett posted:

I kinda don't like Carnivale either. Maybe it's because Gokaiger and Go-Busters didn't have super modes only one person got, or because it reminds me of how Digimon Frontier handled its last power-up, but it rubs me the wrong way.

I'm holding out hope that the other teammates get in on the Carnival too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Maybe it's because I fell behind and watched most of the 29 episodes in a row, but Kyoryuger seems way more red-centric than the other shows I've watched. He's basically perfect; Tessai wanted him off the team because he has no weaknesses. He's in control of all three extra Voltasaurs, including the one belonging to Violet who's still part of the team. And now, he's the only one with access to the power-up.

I don't dislike Daigo as a character, but I feel like the rest of the team doesn't get nearly enough screentime.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The spotlight being on Daigo so often bugs me slightly but he's a really fun Red so it could've been waaaaay worse than it actually is.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I finished Fourze recently. Super fun series that stayed very consistent with it's themes (FRIENDS!!). Gen and the KRC were so cool too. Ending felt a bit rushed. Like they suddenly remembered they needed to introduce all of the Zodiarts and we blitzed through the big guys in the end. Still loved the show and it's turned me into a Kamen Rider fan. Now I'm moving in to OOO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

I finished Fourze recently. Super fun series that stayed very consistent with it's themes (FRIENDS!!). Gen and the KRC were so cool too. Ending felt a bit rushed. Like they suddenly remembered they needed to introduce all of the Zodiarts and we blitzed through the big guys in the end. Still loved the show and it's turned me into a Kamen Rider fan. Now I'm moving in to OOO.

I watched OOO right after finishing Fourze, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't think you'll have the same problem with OOO's ending, either.

• Locked thread