Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Flipswitch posted:

I really, really want to say "God drat PanO TAGs" but I introduced them to my meta with my PanO and I reap what I sow.

Toni is so good, cannot wait 'til she comes out, she will go in so many lists.

I see your mate did the Toni LT + Singh build, does he have much success with it? I always thought a AD CoC seems like a bit of a waste because you're just likely to put them in a vulnerable position anyway and Singh's equipment/skills don't lend well to being a firebase. And hell yeah Toni is amazing. She syncs well with ARO friendly/order economical Baghs so I like stuff like this:

Panoceania - Shock Army of Acontecimento | 9 models

Rao Lt (24|0)
Bagh-Mari HMG (27|1.5)
Bagh-Mari BS (18|0)
Bagh-Mari BS (18|0)
Bagh-Mari Hacker (34|0.5)
Macayana (89|2)
Naga Minelayer (27|0.5)
Naga Minelayer (27|0.5)
Peacemaker Spitfire (35|1)
Auxbot

299/300 points | 6/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox : http://goo.gl/Qe30Ma

Edit: Whoah new page. So who wants to speculate on what current units are going to be put in the upcoming sectionals? Betting on Invincible army getting linkable cheaper Invincibles and lots of Tiger soldiers and Shang-ji :v:

Tardscream fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

If they bring out a Svalarheim or Varuna sectorial, I can see my Nomads visiting the shelf for a little while. :v:

He's had a lot of success with using Toni Lt and Singh, when he started playing I was just coming off my ASA binge and was using Toni a lot of as my Lt. She's quite durable and the Lt Order is well spent getting her out of danger if need be, so she is surprisingly a pain to deal with. She is prone to being over-extended though by greedy players (like me) which gets her killed. CoC is a great skill for aggressive sectorials (Especially ASA and JSA, who have very tempting frontline Officers) and although Singh isn't the best CoC model, he's the only one ASA has.

In our area though we see a lot of people using AD2 rather than AD3 so he's a bit more reliable that way. Singh very rarely comes onto the table unless it's the bottom of Turn 2 or top of Turn 3, largely because if he's coming in, it's expected that Toni is about to die and that usually means the Bagh-Mari are in the poo poo also.

E: I'm fleshing out the factions section and hope to get my CA section posted before I head to the nerdstore to play some games, what do you all think of the way the PanO section is done? I'm planning to do that for every faction.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 24, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

E: I'm fleshing out the factions section and hope to get my CA section posted before I head to the nerdstore to play some games, what do you all think of the way the PanO section is done? I'm planning to do that for every faction.
I'm all for it but copy/paste it for each faction and check if you don't exceed the text limit per post. I can do the detailed writeups on CA/Yu Jing if you need them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Post limit is rediculous in this forum at 50k characters. I'm about 20k characters with CA and Tohaa written up fully on my word.doc. It does look a bit intimidating to read through. E: It might get to about 30-35k with faction playstyle stuff rammed into it.

Double Edit: A CA one would be fantastic mate, it's the one I have most trouble explaining to people. Especially the EI/Aspect stuff.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 24, 2013

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I'm definitely looking forward to a CA writeup so I know what the hell I'm doing! :shobon:

Is there an Android app for team building? Nothing comes up when I search Infinity.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Search ALEPH Toolbox in Google Play store mate, it's not amazing but it does work.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So just make one for 1-2 factions more so I can know how much to write :cthulhu: actually, I might compile my Shasvastii posts from the last threads and the textwalls from the official forum and make a CA uberpost.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Search ALEPH Toolbox in Google Play store mate, it's not amazing but it does work.

Thanks! I also just noticed this in the OP :downs:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Two buddies are about to have a game and one person is using a 4 man link of Hsien.

That is a lot of points on MSV2s, holy poo poo. This is relevant because YJ just got posted up!

e: Aww, he changed it into this last minute:

IMPERIAL SERVICE
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 0 4

KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (5)
CELESTIAL GUARD Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 56)
HSIEN HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
HSIEN MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 67)
HSIEN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 60)

6.5 SWC | 297 Points

Open with Army 4

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 24, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What, no BS Hsien?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

He had one originally, but ditched it in favour of the small link team and Su-Jian. That HMG Link Team leader is demolishing poo poo, it just one-turned a Maghriba.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Multiple Hsiens, Maghariba? What kind of meta have you got there buddy?

Also:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh my god my penis is so hard after looking at that image. :swoon:

E: Jokes on me though, I just ordered a bunch of MAS bases for my Corregidor and didn't order a medium base.

Guess what size that pilot is on!

(Our meta is a bit different to how I see a lot of Americans and other Brits play the game, but here in South Wales we have a LOT of minimum link teams (I promote this one a lot because it frees up points massively in sectorials) and our Haqq player is crazy and loves his spider tank).

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 24, 2013

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Ahhhhhhhh! I am so excited! I will be buying the poo poo out of that model.

Edit: Angel Giraldez' painting tutorial is on facebook, and I am going to try it out!

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 24, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Awww yeah, first TAG purchase definitely :dance:

EDIT: It sucks that you can only use the Iguana in one Haq sec list. Everyone else gets cool toys! :colbert:

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 24, 2013

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why's there a robotic wang just hanging out on that TAG?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a cock pit bro.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Angryboot posted:

Why's there a robotic wang just hanging out on that TAG?

Counterbalance, clearly.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Infinity: we got your highlander panties and robotic wangs right here

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
That pose is so good. "You. Yes, you. I'm gonna rocket punch you so hard your cube'll feel it." :clint:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

E: Jokes on me though, I just ordered a bunch of MAS bases for my Corregidor and didn't order a medium base.

Guess what size that pilot is on!
Where the hell do you have medium bases in Infinity? There's only small, large and Maghariba. Too much WMH? :P

Flipswitch posted:

It's a cock pit bro.
They saw ZIV's dongbot proxies and thought they could do bigger better.

bhsman posted:

That pose is so good. "You. Yes, you. I'm gonna rocket punch you so hard your cube'll feel it." :clint:
Now I'm adding rocket boosters to my Raicho fists.

Also, Important News:

Bostria the Infinity dev posted:

Both ammo belts come with the correct shape and torsion needed for assembling. Those pieces are casted that way. Like the Rui Shi and Lu Duan Remotes from Yu Jing.
No more bending ammo belts! :toot:

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
I had a game tonight against a Haqq player who fielded (I think, might be wrong here):

quote:

Ghulam Sniper
Ghulam Medic
Ghulam with Rifle
Tuareg Sniper
Janissary with HMG
Janissary Lt with AP Rifle
Khawarij with AP CCW

They were good close games. ARM 4 Janissaries with 2 wounds in cover are dead hard to shift - in the end I relied on forcing them into the open by leaving them no targets and placing mono-mines in their line of advance. 2W ARM4 means nothing then.

However, my opponent questioned the value of the Khawarij. Super-jump and Religious Troop seem nice but a lack of camo, armour or wounds meant he had a tendency to die to AROs. How do you use these guys? They don't seem choppy enough at CC15 PH13 to really be melee masters and they don't have any better gun than a Ghulam.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I have not tried them myself, but Khawarij have the reputation as one of the worst - or at least most situational - units in the entire game. They're really dependent on Super-Jump being great.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

What exactly is an "orderbot"? I've seen this phrase used to describe the CA Batroid and I'm unsure what it means.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What exactly is an "orderbot"? I've seen this phrase used to describe the CA Batroid and I'm unsure what it means.

It's really cheap and provides a regular order.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Is it common for such units to just hang back in your DZ doing nothing, while other more useful models utilize the orders provided?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Where the hell do you have medium bases in Infinity? There's only small, large and Maghariba. Too much WMH? :P
REMs?

Wait REMs actually use same size bases as TAGs... don't they? I'm not even sure anymore. Yeah I've been playing too much other games.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Order spod, order monkey or a cheerleader. Basically a model that sits in the back of the table and provides orders to the more important models that actually get some work done. The 8pt REMs and basic LI fill this role a fair bit.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Is it common for such units to just hang back in your DZ doing nothing, while other more useful models utilize the orders provided?

Fairly common, yes, but such units are still very much "in play" as threats and defenses. Especially when you're talking about airborne deployment. Not to mention that going full rambo tends to leave your expensive guys stranded without supporting fire lane control.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's also usually best to use your order monkeys like Fusiliers in groups too and push them up to the 3/4 point anyway as a reserve force for when the inevitable happens and your 70pt+ HI fluffs all his dice rolls and dies to a crit ARO.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
The Iguana managed to top all my expectations. Though it does seem a bit too big for a light TAG. I'm getting it anyway, of course.

Also, does anyone have a specific plan/counter for O-Yorois? That bastard is so cheap and durable that he can easily march forward, sending koalas high to kill your skirmishes, and flame your base before shooting up survivors, while still leaving room for a domaru or haramaki link team.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It isn't a case of the newer TAGs are large, it's that the older TAGs are very much too small for the scale. PanOceania TAGs are also smaller than average to represent their dominance in the field.

For O-Yoroi, I've found that you just can't leave an angle for it to attack opening, lanes need to be shut off with Mines and E/Maulers, Supressive fire corridors and multiple ARO covering points to stop the initial TAG shock. After that you can basically just box it in to stop it pushing too far up ahead on its own and cut off its support. I play a lot of Nomads though so that's my usual choices. What faction in particular are you playing?

E: Had some games tonight using that 300pt Bakunin list I posted earlier as I'm finding it works very well at the moment, played against:

IMPERIAL SERVICE

GROUP 1 10 0 4

CELESTIAL GUARD Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 56)
HSIEN HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
HSIEN MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 67)
HSIEN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 60)

6.5 SWC | 297 Points

QAPU KHALQI

GROUP 1 10 0 0

GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
HAWWA' Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
SHOCK Combi Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, CCW. (21)
SHOCK Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 27)
SHOCK Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 25)
SHOCK Combi Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, CCW. (21)
JANISSARY Doctor AP Rifle+ Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (49)
JANISSARY Lieutenant AP Rifle+ Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 45)
SCARFACE 2 Mk12, Panzerfaust / CCW. (1.5 | 69)
CORDELIA TURNER Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife.

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 4

FORCE DE RR MEROVINGIENNE

GROUP 1 7 0 0

LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Flash Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
LOUP-GAROU Boarding Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (19)
LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (21)
LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (21)
LOUP-GAROU Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
ZOUAVE Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
ZOUAVE (Sapper) HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 31)

GROUP 2 8 0 0

CHASSEUR Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (19)
CHASSEUR Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
PARA-COMMANDO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (20)
PARA-COMMANDO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (20)
PARA-COMMANDO HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32)
MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (8)
MÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13)
MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (8)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open with Army 4

All good games, the last MRRF list was a pain in the loving rear end to deal with. Sure mate fire all those E/M weapons! I'm Ariadna! I don't give a gently caress!

Suck a baguette you cockslap. Eesh!

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 24, 2013

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
One more question from my game tonight; both my opponent and I looked in the rulebook but couldn't find the answer.

If you lay a mine using the teardrop template, when do you announce which direction it's pointing? When it detonates (meaning its direction isn't fixed until then)? When it's placed (and is this secret knowledge)? When it's revealed?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

When it detonates.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
I'm pretty sure you can just choose whether to explode as a blast or tear drop and its direction at the time of explosion.

Really smart mines.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah when mines detonate, that is when you choose the template type.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Yeah, mines are super-smart in this game. They're also my favorite pieces of equipment, bar none. One order to deploy, almost always at least two orders to clear. Plus don't forget that you can lay down a mine as an ARO!

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
That's reassuring, we did it right then.

The highlight of that game for me being a Janissary trying to shoot my guys, failing a guts roll caused by the ARO, and falling back straight into a monofilament mine that blew up in his face. :getin:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The mines and shotguns in Infinity are great as they are quite intelligent weapons with how they work, I love the system for it and it defiantly helps with the hi-tech feel of the game.

Goons, I've reworked the Pano/YJ/Nomads sections of the OP to make them a bit easier to read on newcomers so they're not snowballed under the dense fluff of the game. Does it look better in that order and does anyone have any advice on making it easier to read? I'm hoping this OP can be the best it possibly can.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Flipswitch posted:

The mines and shotguns in Infinity are great as they are quite intelligent weapons with how they work, I love the system for it and it defiantly helps with the hi-tech feel of the game.

Goons, I've reworked the Pano/YJ/Nomads sections of the OP to make them a bit easier to read on newcomers so they're not snowballed under the dense fluff of the game. Does it look better in that order and does anyone have any advice on making it easier to read? I'm hoping this OP can be the best it possibly can.

I've never really used shotguns much, much preferring light flamethrowers or grenade launchers as secondary weapons for the most part, I even ignore boarding shotguns most of the time. I'm pretty ignorant, what are the pros of a shotgun?

gobbledygoat fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's longer ranged than a flamethrower for one and the template can be lined up to catch people forming base lines as opposed to catching people within a circular AOE like a grenade launcher. Not to mention a few of the shotguns other than light shotguns have varying ammo types.

• Locked thread