Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Wow, that Overseer just made me go from 9,000,000,000 to 19,000,000,000 cps. (I don't know numbers) Holy poo poo though, sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Kraps posted:

Should I focus on buying 39 more cursors to get Quintillion fingers or should I be saving for Kitten engineers?

edit: oh Quintillion is 50 trill anyway nvm

Always Kittens.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Next question is I will soon have 5 shards, is that a good reset point or should I just let it run still?

Just got a cookie chain, owns.

Kraps fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 25, 2013

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I did my first reset at about 130 chips and all achevements aside from the 777 GC clicks and the 100 condensers, and got back to where i was within 24 hours of reset.

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013

Pizzatime posted:

Wow, that Overseer just made me go from 9,000,000,000 to 19,000,000,000 cps. (I don't know numbers) Holy poo poo though, sweet.

Yeah every one you research will bump you substantially.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I did my first reset at about 130 chips and all achevements aside from the 777 GC clicks and the 100 condensers, and got back to where i was within 24 hours of reset.

But that's many quadrillion cookies away, I think cashing them in and slowly increasing with more resets would be faster/more tolerable.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Kraps posted:

Next question is I will soon have 5 shards, is that a good reset point or should I just let it run still?

Just got a cookie chain, owns.

My first reset was at 22 chips. I think it was a little premature.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Karnegal posted:

My first reset was at 22 chips. I think it was a little premature.

drat

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
My second reset I got zero chips. I was too excited :(

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

I got over 200 chips on my second reset which was under 2 days.

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption
I'm still clicking the cookie. It is more fun and consuming than it has any right to be. I did the reset. Heavenly Chips are crack, cookie crack.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

McDragon posted:

I got 100 of everything on under 50 chips. Took a while, but then the reset kicked me up to 276. If there's only 10 left, may as well stick it out.

And so I did. I came back to work and bought the ten Condensers with the cookies I made during the night.

I have 90/90 achievements and the non-cheating shadow ones.

I'm... free? :ohdear:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Attestant posted:

And so I did. I came back to work and bought the ten Condensers with the cookies I made during the night.

Imagine how great it'd be to do it all over again with the chips you have now!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

AnonSpore posted:

343 heavenly chips. :negative:

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Attestant posted:

Do you have Black Cats Paw, or are you just a filthy casual?

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

AnonSpore posted:

I laugh in the face of everyone who don't have the cheated cookie achievement. You either have them all or you lose the game.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Just got my first Frenzy + Clicking Frenzy. :stare:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So from what I've read here I should probably have reset already: I'd go from 0 to 150 chips, but I really just want to get the remaining 11 condensers so I don't have to ever do that grind again. Would it really be faster to get back up to where I am for the 100 condenser/everything cheebs? And can you get true neverclick on a reset or is that fresh save only?

TIA

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Aside from the 777 Golden Cookie achievement, the one I am missing is the 100 upgrade. However, I have been though a few resets and I still haven't unlocked that one, not quite sure what is going on with it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Eldercain posted:

So from what I've read here I should probably have reset already: I'd go from 0 to 150 chips, but I really just want to get the remaining 11 condensers so I don't have to ever do that grind again. Would it really be faster to get back up to where I am for the 100 condenser/everything cheebs? And can you get true neverclick on a reset or is that fresh save only?

TIA

You can do True Neverclick on a reset, no problem.

Getting those last 11 condensers is going to cost you 20 quadrillion or more, so you'd have to save up for a long time with no real progress. Resetting for 150 heavenly chips will set you back just a day or so, but when you're back to where you are now you'll get cookies that much faster.

Past condensers, the only way to progress (for now) is to get heavenly chips, so frequent-ish resetting is advised!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Eldercain posted:

So from what I've read here I should probably have reset already: I'd go from 0 to 150 chips, but I really just want to get the remaining 11 condensers so I don't have to ever do that grind again. Would it really be faster to get back up to where I am for the 100 condenser/everything cheebs?

In terms of total time spent, I don't know, but in terms of time spent productively, yeah it's way the gently caress faster. Not only will you get back to where you were really, really fast, you'll also be racking up tons more Heavenly Chips in the process.

e: I did my first reset with only 25 Heavenly Chips and I don't regret it at all. This time through has been a much smoother progression and I've already amassed over 50 HC total. I'm gonna go for the quadrillian chips achievement and 100 time machines, maybe 100 condensers if I have the patience (I probably don't), and then I'm gonna prestige again and do it all faster.

Gotta bake fast.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 25, 2013

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Getting up to 100 condensers isn't really that bad after a while, anyways.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Ugh that's what I thought. I'm just such an achievement whore! I'll go ahead and reset when I get home and do true neverclick while I'm at it. I guess I should also hack in some cookies just to round all that poo poo out.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Ok I have an important decision coming up. If I reset right now, I get 1308 heavenly chips. This is not a neat round number and obviously unacceptable. The question is, which number do I aim for? Orteil says the next update is a few days away, so i COULD shoot for 2000, but it would take time to rebuild. Help me out here.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I did it. All achievements unlocked. (except for some shadow achievements and the cheating one). All of it done legitly.

I'm free.

I can't stop clicking cookies, he;lp

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

Ok I have an important decision coming up. If I reset right now, I get 1308 heavenly chips. This is not a neat round number and obviously unacceptable. The question is, which number do I aim for? Orteil says the next update is a few days away, so i COULD shoot for 2000, but it would take time to rebuild. Help me out here.

I'd go for 1337.

NightConqueror
Oct 5, 2006
im in ur base killin ur mans
I had a dream about cookie clicker last night. What is happening to my life?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

NightConqueror posted:

I had a dream about cookie clicker last night. What is happening to my life?

This sounds like the next building: pulls cookies from the dreams of the now cookie-obsessed denizens into reality.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Eldercain posted:

This sounds like the next building: pulls cookies from the dreams of the now cookie-obsessed denizens into reality.

Oh god don't give them any ideas

(give them more ideas)

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
9 more condensers to go. I have always played legit, no cheating. I'm in it to win it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

ScienceAndMusic posted:

9 more condensers to go. I have always played legit, no cheating. I'm in it to win it.

But... but there's a feeb for doing it...

We're supposed to right? Even just 10 cookies? It wouldn't be there if he didn't want us to get it aaaaaaaa

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Are there any other ridiculous online games like this that I can waste my time with?

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Have you tried Candy Box?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Tenik posted:

Have you tried Candy Box?

YES, I was just trying to remember the name of that game! Thanks!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Attestant posted:

You are not free. You can never be free. The only way to lose is to stop clicking.

You don't want to lose, do you?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I have my 100 condensers, all achievements for now. I'm still 50 quadrillion short of my goal of 500 chips, though :(

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Eldercain posted:

But... but there's a feeb for doing it...

We're supposed to right? Even just 10 cookies? It wouldn't be there if he didn't want us to get it aaaaaaaa

The correct way to cheat is to open the console and enter this:
code:
Game.Win('Cheated cookies taste awful');
EDIT: oops syntax error

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 25, 2013

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just spent 900 Trillion cookies on Kitten Overseers. I think my life is complete.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Cameron posted:

I just spent 900 Trillion cookies on Kitten Overseers. I think my life is complete.

I just had a frenzy/clicking frenzy that gave me 12 trillion cookies per click, so I'm thinking your life still has some stuff it lacks.

Made 1.6 quadrillion cookies in 26 seconds :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
But I can't even get anymore upgrades :cry:

• Locked thread