Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Blackheart posted:

They also photoshop the hell out of their promo pics (and not even in a nice way) so it might look cooler in hand.

Two can play the photoshop game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

BizarroAzrael posted:

Me too. You never know, they might visit on of the London stores as well, unless they are touring Travelling Man or something.

It's a one-store signing, organised by the store itself. Travelling Man Manchester loves it some MTMTE!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Those're some really funky lookin' guns.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SlothfulCobra posted:

Those're some really funky lookin' guns.

And not one of them is the binary gun, despite what people say.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

And not one of them is the binary gun, despite what people say.
I can't tell if you're making a joke about Skids' memory but here's a better comparison shot:

He has wrist guns, I guess, and they look attached to it in the more recent shot. Also I think the other gun is based on his G1 gun? It looks pretty similar anyway.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

BooDooBoo posted:

It's a one-store signing, organised by the store itself. Travelling Man Manchester loves it some MTMTE!

I'm in preston, occasionally go to Manchester. When is it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Spiderdrake posted:

I can't tell if you're making a joke about Skids' memory but here's a better comparison shot:

He has wrist guns, I guess, and they look attached to it in the more recent shot. Also I think the other gun is based on his G1 gun? It looks pretty similar anyway.

Ohh! That's it! The wrist guns were confusing me. So, is Skids, like, 90% guns?

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

Unknownone posted:

I'm in preston, occasionally go to Manchester. When is it?

Possibly the first weekend of November, was trying to avoid clashing with Thought Bubble.

In other robot news, Diamond didn't pack our copies of MTMTE #21 into our delivery this week. :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Podges posted:

Possibly the first weekend of November, was trying to avoid clashing with Thought Bubble.

Could you ask Nick Roche to do me a Chromedome/Rewind sketch if you do get them there? :allears:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Podges posted:

In other robot news, Diamond didn't pack our copies of MTMTE #21 into our delivery this week. :argh:
What is Thoughtbubble in this context?

Does RID ship tomorrow as well, is that why we just got slammed with previews?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Rippersnapper is in stock at HTS if anyone is still looking for him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MMC Bovis just hit my POL on BBTS. Now to see if I can be patient and wait for Prowl before I ship.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Could you ask Nick Roche to do me a Chromedome/Rewind sketch if you do get them there? :allears:

Totally! I've been wondering who to ask for myself. Probably Ratchet. It was his two parter that really hooked me to the series.

Spiderdrake posted:

What is Thoughtbubble in this context?

Does RID ship tomorrow as well, is that why we just got slammed with previews?

Thought Bubble is a comic con at Leeds, we usually manage to get some neat signings with the guests from it right before. I kinda want Roberts and Nick to get their own day though! It's just MTMTE and Beast Hunters this week too, no RID.

Podges fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 24, 2013

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Heads up for anyone buying from HTS, the current code is SEPT15.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So I finally got Sandstorm! He's pretty bitching, although his VTOL mode does NOT want to peg together at all. The engines are getting in the way of his arms/side fins which are stopping those pegs from fitting together, and I've no idea how his gun is supposed to connect. The dune buggy mode is great though!

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

^^Which is exactly what I said a while back. My VTOL mode has no probs, its Dune Buggy where the shoulders/windshield bits won't peg in.

The instructions say ^ gun in VTOL mode at the front but it doesn't fit in anywhere.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

So I finally got Sandstorm! He's pretty bitching, although his VTOL mode does NOT want to peg together at all. The engines are getting in the way of his arms/side fins which are stopping those pegs from fitting together, and I've no idea how his gun is supposed to connect. The dune buggy mode is great though!

I don't have mine in front of me at the moment, but angle the engines up till you get things as situated as you can. I like the dune buggy mode far better, no problems there for me.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Goldskull posted:

^^Which is exactly what I said a while back. My VTOL mode has no probs, its Dune Buggy where the shoulders/windshield bits won't peg in.

The instructions say ^ gun in VTOL mode at the front but it doesn't fit in anywhere.

It does fit in, it's just really hard to see where. If you look at the highest point of the gun, it has two tiny ridges on either side. Those ridges snap into the groove near the base of the landing gear on the nose.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't have mine in front of me at the moment, but angle the engines up till you get things as situated as you can. I like the dune buggy mode far better, no problems there for me.

I think the issue may be more that people are changing the arms like they do for Springer and trying to use that for Sandstorm. What you should do is leave the arms unfolded, and simply slip the hands into the "window" portions and close them, leaving the arms fully extended at his sides. That will let the VTOL engines peg in much better, and be angled flat down instead of bent up. I had this exact same issue until I realized that. Unless you're just talking about something different.

I had the same issue with the gun, too, but it turns out it's just really not obvious. Slide the gun in from the rear and pull it forward. Keep trying until it latches. It kind of looks like it shouldn't, but it does.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

TheDK posted:

Here is a link:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

As of this posting, the "Ship to Home" option is available.

I'm ready to buy. Any moment. I even entered my email address to "notify me" when it's ready.

This plastic toy will never be mine :negative:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

I'm ready to buy. Any moment. I even entered my email address to "notify me" when it's ready.

This plastic toy will never be mine :negative:

It was up for two days straight last week.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

The Rage posted:

It was up for two days straight last week.

You may be rubbing it in, sir. I've been busy, and TRU didn't send any email, so I just saw this post a few hours ago.

I'm open to advice on getting this toy, other than refreshing HTS and TRU and SA every hour. I really want it, but I'm obviously not dedicated as much as needed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

I think the issue may be more that people are changing the arms like they do for Springer and trying to use that for Sandstorm. What you should do is leave the arms unfolded, and simply slip the hands into the "window" portions and close them, leaving the arms fully extended at his sides. That will let the VTOL engines peg in much better, and be angled flat down instead of bent up. I had this exact same issue until I realized that. Unless you're just talking about something different.

I had the same issue with the gun, too, but it turns out it's just really not obvious. Slide the gun in from the rear and pull it forward. Keep trying until it latches. It kind of looks like it shouldn't, but it does.

This man (woman?) has it. I was doing the arms like Springer and instead they stay long and relatively loose. Hmm. It's amazing the amount of retooling between the two bots and how much ends up being different.

I got the gun in, it really does just click in, but you have to find the sweet spot. It looks kinda clunky sitting there, until you sit it on a flat surface and that VTOL mode suddenly looks very hefty:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Cobalt60 posted:

You may be rubbing it in, sir. I've been busy, and TRU didn't send any email, so I just saw this post a few hours ago.

I'm open to advice on getting this toy, other than refreshing HTS and TRU and SA every hour. I really want it, but I'm obviously not dedicated as much as needed.

Its a TRU exclusive, no need to look at HTS.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well it's official: James Roberts is a right bloody softie.

Remain In Light finalé

I really enjoyed the issue, gasped (mainly at the fake outs), went 'awwwwww' at several points and especially loved Magnus' calling out Rodimus on his poo poo, and First Aid's snapping and murdering Pharma.

That said, given all the talk of how things would change, not a hell of a lot really has, all of our favs live to fight another day. Still, I'm not really mad about it. Magnus, Tailgate, Whirl, Cyclonus, Rung...they're all awesome and I'd much rather keep reading about them for a while longer yet.

Of course, the great thing about reading the digital version is you don't see the next panel until you swipe to it, so for a moment there Cyclonus' reaction to Whirl's offer was both hilarious, horrifying and completely expected. If anything, I'm truly surprised he didn't go through with it.

So yeah, minus the odd quibble here and there, loved the issue and am looking forward to next month's clip show issue, which already looks from the preview to take the piss delightfully:

NOT A DECEPTICON

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So I'm rereading MTMTE, and I just picked up something I hadn't before.

Chromedome's name wasn't always Chromedome? Was it revealed what it was otherwise, or was that some joke?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Apparently, it was Tumbler. Perhaps he turned into a Batmobile.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I won't be getting it right away so could someone just spoil me on what happens in this issue of MTMTE? I mean if the thread allows it, even in spoiler tags.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Blackheart posted:

I won't be getting it right away so could someone just spoil me on what happens in this issue of MTMTE? I mean if the thread allows it, even in spoiler tags.

Haven't gotten it yet, but tfwiki will probably summarize it and link to it on the front page about midday.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Blackheart posted:

* Minimus Ambus is a tiny bot in a small bot in a big bot, so he survived the head crushing and blows the poo poo out of Tyrest. He then tells Rodimus about all the poo poo he's done and that he was hoping Tyrest would straighten him out, not realising that Tyrest was now completely mad. Rodimus then confesses that he was the one who brought Overlord on board, basically because Prowl called him chicken

* Cyclonus overcomes Star Sabre but the 'degenerate' teleports out just before the killing blow. Whirl then comes over to Cyclonus, says "let's forget about our bad start, we're cool now, yeah?" and Cyclonus pushes him into the smelting pool to his death.

* Psyche! He was thinking about it but decides through gritted teeth not to and flies off instead

* Perceptor and Ratchet deduce that Rodimus is able to stop the killswitch by burning out what's left of the Matrix to [tech stuff], saving all the cold constructs in the nick of time.

* Pharma tries to escape through the portal but there's an Aequitas-style guilt force field in place that prevents anyone but Skids from doing so. Skids goes through, ends up somewhere weird with Cybertron style planets everywhere, speaks to a ball of light then comes back.

* First Aid executes the helpless and unarmed Pharma, then breaks down.

* Tailgate stops the Legislators from wiping out the LL crew, saving the day just as they show up to help the dying Tyrest.

* Tailgate then spends his last few hours back on the ship with Cyclonus, who sings and talks about old times. Tailgate asks him to spare him the agonising pain of his final moments with a quick death, and tells him to wear something he fixed up for him. Ratchet then says he was able to find a cure for Tailgate's condition but too late for Tailgate himself. Cyclonus rushes back to Tailgate and stabs him through the spark with his sword...

* Ultra Magnus goes to see Cyclonus, who has finally replaced his missing horn, talks to him about his part in Tailgate's miraculous recovery, officially welcomes him aboard The Lost Light.

And they all lived happily ever after.

For a couple of weeks.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Holy poo poo, that's awesome :psyduck:

haha, so it's nested ambus all the way down!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I know I never did it in here, but I TOTALLY CALLED Magnus being a series of even minier-Magnuses. Magnusi?

Star Saber/Cyclonus fight was so baller. HERE'S HORN IN YOUR EYE.

Oh my god I love Skids so much. And Cyclonus. And Whirl.

I wonder what Magnus is going to do now that he's um, y'know, had his entire reason for living destroyed?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
ok, so who's going to be the new Autobot Phase Sixer?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

GD_American posted:

Rewind, obviously.

Overwind?

Relord?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

So I'm rereading MTMTE, and I just picked up something I hadn't before.

Chromedome's name wasn't always Chromedome? Was it revealed what it was otherwise, or was that some joke?

All of them change names semi-regularly, but for convenience's sake the English dialogue "translations" use the names we are familiar with, similar to the convention Rewind requests they use while telling the pre-war stories in MTMTE. I think there was reference in the very first IDW series to the idea that their Earth codenames (Ratchet, Ironhide, Jazz, etc.) were fairly recent acquisitions.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

GD_American posted:

Read the prose story.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

SpikeMcclane posted:

Read the prose story.

Reading that story, I thought "man, it would be awesome if Fort Max got a huge transtector and became a gigantic loving headmaster."

Also Ultra Magnus is alive and a Russian nesting doll transformer! All right!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

Not rubbing it in, but just saying if you really want it, its worth checking here once a day to see if anyone said anything. Every hour is over kill, and TRU will never send those e-mails.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
You know I just realized that IDW Ultra Magnus is technically a Brainmaster, also there's a minor character in Victory named Governor Riker that looks a lot like his Minimus Ambus look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SpikeMcclane posted:

Read the prose story.

Er it said he was taking over as Enforcer, it didn't really say anything about making him a Phase Sixer. Unless I missed something.

Also the green glow from Brainstorm's chest was probably him just smuggling the spark back onboard.