Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

So now I can't un-see how desynchronized voice acting is in the game because of the latest (and most likely final) patch. Any idea on if modders can even fix that, since Bethesda seems to be completely fine with leaving the game with a glaring bug ruining the loving amazing job they did previously in lip-syncing characters in the game to their sound assets?
Although I can overlook it myself, it is a pretty huge issue and pretty shocking that it hasn't been fixed by Bethesda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

e: This isn't the main Skyrim thread.

Torka fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Sep 24, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

So now I can't un-see how desynchronized voice acting is in the game because of the latest (and most likely final) patch. Any idea on if modders can even fix that
It's a hardcoded issue in the skyrim executable. Modders can't touch it. Bethesda apparently broke something in the facial animations with the last patch as there are also some issues with eye blinking and NPCs sleeping with open eyes (the latter was fixed in the final PC patch though) and the commands to set facial expressions also don't work properly anymore.
Personally I like to concider this a final prank from Todd "You want spears? Oh, we'll give you spears" Howard.

Jblade posted:

Although I can overlook it myself, it is a pretty huge issue and pretty shocking that it hasn't been fixed by Bethesda.
The lip-sync issue does appear to be one of those bugs that's annoyingly difficult to consistently reproduce (skyrim has several of these, especially in the Story Manager system). So the QA and code monkey teams probably needed more time to figure out what they broke. But weren't given that time when the decision was made to cut support for Skyrim and move on.

Then again this is Bethesda QA we're talking about : Take a look at the Ancient Knowledge perk. That perk is supposed to give you a 25% armour bonus when wearing Dwemer armour. It used to be glitched and give the bonus when wearing any armour. Patch 1.9 "fixed it" and now it gives you a 25% bonus when wearing any armour, except Dwemer.
Bethesda was made aware of this when the patch was in beta and fixing it would have been effortless (literally all it took was changing "has dwemer keyword == 0" into "has dwemer keyword == 1"). But nope, they didn't bother fixing it and just left it in the final patch.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Scyantific posted:

From a while back, but I think there's just way too much going on there with these masks.

Anyway, it seems that only four of the Dragon Priest masks were retextured (Hevnoraak, Krosis, Nahkriin, and Vokun). Not sure if they plan on releasing the rest, but they might. The BoS project is now at least a 3-man thing
The dev hasn't done any new masks since the last time I checked almost a year ago, so I'm hazarding a guess that the answer is "no, they won't."

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

boho posted:

Oh god dammit, I installed Undeath without seeing the warning in the OP. No wackiness yet since I'm doing Dragonborn right now, but I'm worried. :ohdear:

The bugs have supposedly been fixed with patch 1.1 and 1.2 so you should hopefully be alright.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Raygereio posted:

Then again this is Bethesda QA we're talking about : Take a look at the Ancient Knowledge perk. That perk is supposed to give you a 25% armour bonus when wearing Dwemer armour. It used to be glitched and give the bonus when wearing any armour. Patch 1.9 "fixed it" and now it gives you a 25% bonus when wearing any armour, except Dwemer.
Bethesda was made aware of this when the patch was in beta and fixing it would have been effortless (literally all it took was changing "has dwemer keyword == 0" into "has dwemer keyword == 1"). But nope, they didn't bother fixing it and just left it in the final patch.
Haha, oh Bethesda :allears: Sometimes I think the next game should have a closed beta period or something similar, I mean the games are so colossal they'd have to effectively hire a tester team of hundreds of people to find all issues but most big bugs seem to turn up only a couple of days after release.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Jblade posted:

Sometimes I think the next game should have a closed beta period or something similar

They already have one. Too bad it's for the MMO.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Bethesda's QA department is made up of exactly 3 people.

Man, amidianborn is becoming really messy. I dont even know what to download anymore since its all a mishmash.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

The dev hasn't done any new masks since the last time I checked almost a year ago, so I'm hazarding a guess that the answer is "no, they won't."

I was talking about the aMB masks. There's only 4 so far in version 1.9

Burns posted:

Bethesda's QA department is made up of exactly 3 people.

Man, amidianborn is becoming really messy. I dont even know what to download anymore since its all a mishmash.

How exactly is it messy? They split it up into several categories (Creatures, Armors, Weapons, Unique Items, Dragonborn DLC), and the FOMOD Installer lets you pick and choose which textures to install.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Anybody know of a SPERG-compatible mod to increase summon limits? The various "phantom whatever" perks make a pure conjuration build much more possible than it used to be, but it's still a bit annoying to only have one (or at most two) selectable summons at a time. The mod I installed to fix this doesn't seem to actually do anything at all, maybe because it's tied to the Twin Souls perk.

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I believe SkyTweak allows you to increase the base summon limit. Its been fairly compatible with SPERG so far as I've seen, but I've yet to touch that particular option.

Psamtik I
Sep 30, 2005
My Dark Brotherhood quest line seems to be stuck somehow. I've killed the first set of three targets but since then months of game-time has gone by with no updates. Both Astrid and the Redguard guy say they have nothing new for me. Is there any console command I can enter to advance the quest, or am I just stuck?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

space kobold posted:

I believe SkyTweak allows you to increase the base summon limit. Its been fairly compatible with SPERG so far as I've seen, but I've yet to touch that particular option.
That did the trick perfectly, thank you very much.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any recommendations for armor/weapon mods if I want to play as a God Of War/Spartacus/Gladiator/300 Imperial soldier guy?

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I just wish the aMidianBorn armor textures weren't so dark. They're significantly different in color tone from the vanilla stuff, and it bugs me.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Rommel1896 posted:

My Dark Brotherhood quest line seems to be stuck somehow. I've killed the first set of three targets but since then months of game-time has gone by with no updates. Both Astrid and the Redguard guy say they have nothing new for me. Is there any console command I can enter to advance the quest, or am I just stuck?

Does this page help? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Whispers_in_the_Dark

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah if this doesn't do it and Cicero hasn't even shown up yet, you could try hitting up Loreius farm north of Whiterun along the road. That's where you can first run into him, although it shouldn't be necessary, you could see if doing the associated quest gets the DB questline working again. Everything after those first three contracts should start once Cicero shows up with the Night Mother though. So yeah, if he's not -anywhere- you could the setstage console commands for DB03, which should complete Mourning Never Comes and should trigger Whispers in the Dark.

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Any recommendations for armor/weapon mods if I want to play as a God Of War/Spartacus/Gladiator/300 Imperial soldier guy?

I was part of a project to make Spartacus' Armor. Here is the published mod, but note that it is male only.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36079/

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not sure which mods are causing it, but right now the game is letting me make 10 silver rings out of one ingot, and smelt 4 silver rings into one ingot, which lets me pretty much make silver out of nothing. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of SPERG and Complete Crafting Overhaul that's causing this. Any ideas?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm not sure which mods are causing it, but right now the game is letting me make 10 silver rings out of one ingot, and smelt 4 silver rings into one ingot, which lets me pretty much make silver out of nothing. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of SPERG and Complete Crafting Overhaul that's causing this. Any ideas?

That would be Complete Crafting Overhaul.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Paging Seorin to the thread! Did you ever get that script to add in artifacts from other mods into SPERG's Artificer perk? I'm running Unique Bows which adds in several new unique bows with rather unique enchantments to the game.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Yeah, just take a look at how the DLC patches do it. It's a general script that combines whatever lists you give it and re-applies changes if another mod using the script reverts them (for things like version changes).

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Scyantific, did you ever establish what was causing your menus to crash? I'm growing modsick Better Sorting, but I know you thought it might be the culprit.

Edit: Also, Seorin, I took the Master Debater perk, but recieved no Magicka. Has this been reported? I'm using the 4.0 on the Nexus.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 25, 2013

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alasyre posted:

Scyantific, did you ever establish what was causing your menus to crash? I'm growing modsick Better Sorting, but I know you thought it might be the culprit.

Edit: Also, Seorin, I took the Master Debater perk, but recieved no Magicka. Has this been reported? I'm using the 4.0 on the Nexus.

I never could figure it out. Partly because it's been hard to reproduce. And it wasn't Better Sorting (the one by Headbomb?). I'm using Saige's Item Sorting for Skyrim.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I'm going to throw the one you're using into my game and see if it comes up (it looks better than Headbomb's anyway). It's unlikely, since I wasn't using it myself and had the same problem, but you never know. I haven't had a single menu crash or freeze since I started rebuilding my load order, so if it starts happening I'll report back.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Seorin, while you're here can you tell me if Staves of Skyrim's perk tree is compatible with Sperg? I really liked how those perks worked but I am also loving Sperg.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Visual Mods section of the OP is finally finished. Hopefully I can have the main part of the OP (Gameplay Mods and House/Home Mods) done tomorrow.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Appreciate all the effort dude! It looks great. :shobon:

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Alasyre posted:

It's been reported, but thanks anyway. It's one of the first things I'll look into when I get to bug fixing.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Seorin, while you're here can you tell me if Staves of Skyrim's perk tree is compatible with Sperg? I really liked how those perks worked but I am also loving Sperg.

I really don't know enough about other mods to say what conflicts and what doesn't. If you're persistent, you can make pretty much anything work alongside SPERG. I think some people are even using it together with SkyRe.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Quick question - is there any way to bind the middle mouse button to block? I want the ability to concurrently use one handed weapons and magic, and still be able to block. It's a bit silly that you can't just do it straight out of the box (or maybe at all).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

give me thread posted:

Quick question - is there any way to bind the middle mouse button to block? I want the ability to concurrently use one handed weapons and magic, and still be able to block. It's a bit silly that you can't just do it straight out of the box (or maybe at all).

In vanilla Skyrim, no. There are mods for that though, which require SKSE.

futile
May 18, 2009
On the topic of key bindings, I discovered this neat little program a while back that lets you remap all of your skyrim keybindings. Open up the keypad for binding, undo the hardcoded 1-8 if you choose, change the favorite menu mapping, allow for alt/shift/control key combos, etc. It doesn't even have its own nexus page, but it is a little program posted in the downloadable section of Interface Hardcoded Key Tweaks called Skyrim Key Helper.

futile fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 26, 2013

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

give me thread posted:

I use Dual Wield Parrying which allows you to set the key to whatever you want(I use the middle mouse button).

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks guys. I installed Dual Wield Parrying and it's excellent. I saw it on GEMS before but for some reason thought it was only for dual wielding weapons.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

I tried to look in the thread and search and I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I just got a fancy GTX 770 4gb and I wanted to make Skyrim super pretty. I tried following the OP by getting ENB, Climates of Tamriel, Seasons of Skyrim and some recommended mods from those mods.

One, I can't find any info about these modes labeled as plugins and how to install it. I must have looked at the OP 5 times and I still can't find anything really useful on that.

Two, the game changed a bit but I can't say it looks better or seem to require more graphic powers...

Nexxus is the worst thing ever with people not including readmes or instructions. Most of those mods have dozens of subfolders and I have no clue which ones to use. Am I supposed to use those 9 Vanilla XYZ folders or just one? None?

So my question is, is there a tutorial to install a bunch of poo poo to make Skyrim the prettiest I can until it brings my rig to its knees so I can pull back a bit and enjoy it that way? I feel like I messed up my modding during the 2 hours I just spent trying to improve stuff and ended up with no real results. :negative:
I don't care about new recipes, balance, perks, etc... I just want it pretty!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hemish posted:

I tried to look in the thread and search and I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I just got a fancy GTX 770 4gb and I wanted to make Skyrim super pretty. I tried following the OP by getting ENB, Climates of Tamriel, Seasons of Skyrim and some recommended mods from those mods.

One, I can't find any info about these modes labeled as plugins and how to install it. I must have looked at the OP 5 times and I still can't find anything really useful on that.

Two, the game changed a bit but I can't say it looks better or seem to require more graphic powers...

Nexxus is the worst thing ever with people not including readmes or instructions. Most of those mods have dozens of subfolders and I have no clue which ones to use. Am I supposed to use those 9 Vanilla XYZ folders or just one? None?

So my question is, is there a tutorial to install a bunch of poo poo to make Skyrim the prettiest I can until it brings my rig to its knees so I can pull back a bit and enjoy it that way? I feel like I messed up my modding during the 2 hours I just spent trying to improve stuff and ended up with no real results. :negative:
I don't care about new recipes, balance, perks, etc... I just want it pretty!

Find an ENB config on the Nexus that you want. Find out what version it's made for. I use project ENB, but there's a ton out there.

Download that version of ENB from ENBdev.

Copy the Wrapper contents to your skyrim root folder.

Configure your ENB ini as necessary/instructed.

Launch the game (like the root game, not SKSE) and disable antialiasing and antistropic.

Install whatever other mods you want.

Play, letting ENB handle all your graphics settings. Don't forget to turn down the ingame lighting to zero if your ENB asks for it.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Find an ENB config on the Nexus that you want. Find out what version it's made for. I use project ENB, but there's a ton out there.

Download that version of ENB from ENBdev.

Copy the Wrapper contents to your skyrim root folder.

Configure your ENB ini as necessary/instructed.

Launch the game (like the root game, not SKSE) and disable antialiasing and antistropic.

Install whatever other mods you want.

Play, letting ENB handle all your graphics settings. Don't forget to turn down the ingame lighting to zero if your ENB asks for it.

Yeah that's what I did. I guess I just selected the lovely variants.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SplitSoul posted:

I think the save bloating bug was fixed. It was caused by snoring NPCs, IIRC. :psyduck:

Yes, it has been fixed.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is there a way in ModOrganizer to just automatically reprioritize everything while it's sorted alphabetically? Obviously I'd still then go and move the important stuff around as far as conflicted files go but I've got this whole middle-ground wasteland where it's impossible to find what I'm looking for because it's in a random order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Has anybody else been having issues with the Localized Thieve's Guild Jobs mod not localizing the guild jobs? It's presenting me with the choice of city like it's supposed to, but the game seems to ignore that and pick one at random like it usually does. Hell, sometimes it tries sends me to Raven Rock, even though I've never even BEEN there yet.

• Locked thread