Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Wait I figured it out. Jane's going to find John's Dad's corpse think it's her Dad and bring him back to life. Thus, creating two Dads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
That corpse would be three years old now, I don't know if it'd be recognizable at this point, assuming it hasn't been... buried or something by now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I love how the "art" style has... uh "evolved" in SBaHJ (if you could call them those terms). It's such a carefully crafted, fictional character-created intentionally lovely comic.

So, I guess Kanaya could fly at some moment, probably via alchemizing, but lost the item/ability? Karkat said he was the only one that couldn't fly. Man, I hope that the blood aspect is even more bullshittingly powerful than the page of hope in the end, poor Karkat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Color Printer posted:

PUPES

Quick, analyze it for any possible reference/relevance to Homestuck.

Dave is finally growing pupes. It's a big day for him.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Blackheart posted:

So, I guess Kanaya could fly at some moment, probably via alchemizing, but lost the item/ability? Karkat said he was the only one that couldn't fly. Man, I hope that the blood aspect is even more bullshittingly powerful than the page of hope in the end, poor Karkat.

Presumably it was her dreamself that could fly, like with most of the rest of the trolls. Karkat never got to fly because he only woke up on Prospit in time to get stabbed by Bec Noir.

This update is the best update, because it finally assuaged my fears about Karkat being stuck in that fire, which would be The Worst Development.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Karkat really has no excuse for never just alchemizing himself a drat jetpack if this bothers him so much. The code is common knowledge for Christ's sake.

Fister Roboto posted:

Dave is finally growing pupes. It's a big day for him.

(yeah this was my first thought too)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Has he had the chance to alchemize one nowadays?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He invested his time in the meteor alchemizing and perfecting the Crab Speaker and the Crabtop. It was time well spent.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

YggiDee posted:

That corpse would be three years old now, I don't know if it'd be recognizable at this point, assuming it hasn't been... buried or something by now.

"What did john and jade do with all the corpses?" Is one of the little mysteries of Homestuck that would be neat to know, but we'll probably never get to see.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Blackheart posted:

He invested his time in the meteor alchemizing and perfecting the Crab Speaker and the Crabtop. It was time well spent.

Crabmunicator :colbert: Speaking of which, check out what I just 3d-printed last night:

Still trying to figure out the best way to attach it to a wristband while still being removable.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
it's insane that they spent three years on that damned meteor with the entire selection of alchemical tools at their disposal, more torrented grist than they could ever use, and a plethora of crazy items that they could use to alchemise a whole inventory of useful and functional kit, and they only used it to make two wrist-based communicator devices.

where is karkat's crab shaped jetpack? where is kanaya's mother grub rocket boots?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kazy posted:

Crabmunicator :colbert: Speaking of which, check out what I just 3d-printed last night:

Still trying to figure out the best way to attach it to a wristband while still being removable.

That is amazing.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rooreelooo posted:

it's insane that they spent three years on that damned meteor with the entire selection of alchemical tools at their disposal, more torrented grist than they could ever use, and a plethora of crazy items that they could use to alchemise a whole inventory of useful and functional kit, and they only used it to make two wrist-based communicator devices.

where is karkat's crab shaped jetpack? where is kanaya's mother grub rocket boots?
Well it's not like they have anything to make rocket boots/jetpacks with. John and Vriska had pshoooooes and pchoooooo and probably never shared them. Terezi had her rocket scrander but she was busy getting down with the clown.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Not like jetpacks would have been terribly useful on the meteor or whatever. They probably just went "eh, we'll do it later" and kept putting it off and then they forgot.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dorroile posted:

Not like jetpacks would have been terribly useful on the meteor or whatever. They probably just went "eh, we'll do it later" and kept putting it off and then they forgot.

They had three years to alchemize hover boots. Their non-flight-ness is on their own hands! :colbert:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Dorroile posted:

I hope this means Hussie will start regularly updating again. This hiatus has gone on for way too long, and maybe he'll eventually make more books now, too.

3 weeks ago the Topatoco twitter stated the books were in the middle of the Pacific, so I'd have to guess that Volume 3 is available sometime in the next two weeks or so...

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

GLOSS posted:

3 weeks ago the Topatoco twitter stated the books were in the middle of the Pacific, so I'd have to guess that Volume 3 is available sometime in the next two weeks or so...

Volume 3? I didn't even know there was a SBAHJ volume 2.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dorroile posted:

Volume 3? I didn't even know there was a SBAHJ volume 2.

It's SBAHJ, so volume 2 won't come out until after vol. 3.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Even without the base items to make rocket boots or whatever, they had three years and all the alchemy tools at their disposal to try and find the punch card codes for really useful stuff. As it stands, only Rose seemed to ever do anything with it, and that was to try and alchemise new drinks.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If anyone made a jetpack on the meteor and flew too far away while it was hurtling through the void, they'd have gotten hopelessly lost.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

senseinobu posted:

Wait I figured it out. Jane's going to find John's Dad's corpse think it's her Dad and bring him back to life. Thus, creating two Dads.

Double Dad / Double Roxy would be hysterical.

I wonder if John will accidentally let it drop that Roxy's parallel self was dating his dad. Or if they'll at all realize that his Dad and Jane's Dad are the same. :allears:

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
It just occured to me that we haven't had a Ghost Dad. I'm not sure how it could possibly happen at this point, but, you know, Ghost Dad.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fred is on posted:

It just occured to me that we haven't had a Ghost Dad. I'm not sure how it could possibly happen at this point, but, you know, Ghost Dad.

WAY OF THE SAMURAI!

To be serious, I'm surprised there wasn't an update today. Wonder what the Huss is cookin.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

WAY OF THE SAMURAI!

To be serious, I'm surprised there wasn't an update today. Wonder what the Huss is cookin.

SBAHJ: The flahs update

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Seoinin posted:

SBAHJ: The flahs update

[S] Dad Ascend And Disapprove In A Stern Yet Paternal Manner.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wyld Karde posted:

[S] Dad Ascend And Disapprove In A Stern Yet Paternal Manner.

What's there for him to ascend to? He's already Dad Tier. :confused:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Fred is on posted:

From the looks of it, only session players become dream bubble ghosts. Alas poor Dad, in both continuities at that, is but a meager normal person!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

What's there for him to ascend to? He's already Dad Tier. :confused:

Grandad Tier.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fister Roboto posted:

Grandad Pop-Pop Tier.

Much better

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The surest evidence that Hussie's really been "back" the last month or two is that it's been a couple days without updates and the immediate feeling is that he might be working up something big. That was the way of things back in The Day, and with all the confusing confluence of crazy stuff going on at the moment a flash or something might be warranted to pull it all together.

Seriously, something like half the cast is crammed into one increasingly crowded survey shot, we could use something big at the moment to cut through the mess. Maybe Jake's finally going to do something big and flashy with all this charged up power of his.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Considering how unstable the server has been around updates lately, I'm not sure Hussie would want to put up a flash right now.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
He can put it up on Newgrounds. It'd be Cascade all over again!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, uh, since nothing is happening anyway... I'm reading the Dangan Ronpa 2 LP thread. And... uh... in a game filled with pop culture references, did they make a subtle Homestuck reference, or am I crazy? For reference, the character in question is royalty, and is wearing a wetsuit:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Psh fuckin peasant hardly got any flash nor bling at all.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Bobulus posted:

So, uh, since nothing is happening anyway... I'm reading the Dangan Ronpa 2 LP thread. And... uh... in a game filled with pop culture references, did they make a subtle Homestuck reference, or am I crazy? For reference, the character in question is royalty, and is wearing a wetsuit:

Yeah, no, they didn't. The joke is she's wearing a wetsuit when another character wanted to see her in a bikini.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I was noting more the fuchsia and gold color scheme, the vertical trim lines, the little slightly-curly hair bang things. Plus royalty.

I could be totally wrong, but it seemed like a tip of the hat or something.

edit: I mean, maybe I just have Homestuck on the brain, but my first glance at the DR character shot there made me think Batterwitch.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

You're crazy, that cartoonish pig doesn't look a thing like The Condesce.

(it's all i can ever see anymore)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The Condesce's wetsuit is not specific to her. It's based off of what actual wetsuits look like, complete with the coloured lines on the edges. Fuscia is even a popular colour for wetsuits.

If there was a little band of colour crossing over to make the Pisces symbol, maybe.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Color Printer posted:

You're crazy, that cartoonish pig doesn't look a thing like The Condesce.

(it's all i can ever see anymore)

<Vriska joke placeholder>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

loving christ, Dirk. :staredog: