Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
That was hilarious, Dee turning the funnel upside down was great. But the best part, to me, is despite Frank's business savvy, he still got scammed by the morons in the gang. Everybody got scammed! Except Ben. And the maniac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
This episode was pretty predictable but it had some great moments, like turning the pyramid upside down and The Maniac being The Maniac.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
I just want to know how Frank got stuck in the coil.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I've had dreams where that has happened to me, seeing that was pretty weird

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

El Murguista posted:

This isn't directly related to award winning but the subject was touched upon in the episode: the best lines are often the ones where everyone's shouting at each other and that mess is impossible to subtitle. You're missing a huge part of the experience if you're can't follow the heated invectives.

I've had trouble showing it to people with little English knowledge because of that. On second thought, maybe the reason they didn't like it wasn't the language, but rather they weren't the "under the bridge" crowd this show appeals to...

Irish Joe posted:

I'd love to know if and how well this show plays overseas. Its such a quintessentially American show.

I'm from Norway and I absolutely love this show. I've also introduced it to a number of friends (I was introduced to it by a friend of mine), nearly all of whom have also come to love it. There's no channel over here that airs it, and I imagine there will never be, even though most of the people I am close friends with love it. I imagine it is not going to be a show that Norwegians in general will enjoy and the show is pretty much the exact opposite of any TV show a Norwegian TV channel would even consider to air. You can watch it on Netflix though.
It should also be noted that me and my friends actually went to a party under a bridge hosted by a German performance artist bum, who was living there, making stuff out of trash, and spending most days lounging in the sun on a couch he had found at a dump, smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. So we might be the kind of crowd this show appeals to, I guess.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
Was anybody else expecting Ben to have something to do with why Frank was in the coil? It seemed like that was where it was leading since he kept having them go after him, I was totally expecting it to tie up somehow. I couldn't even begin to imagine HOW, that's just the way it seemed to be going.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
All three of the guys were on Conan tonight, and it was a pretty fun interview. They went over the premise of the upcoming 100th episode and showed a clip. I don't know if it's been revealed elsewhere, but the premise is the gang being caught in a convenience store robbery and each of them fantasizing about how they're going to get out of it. The clip was from Mac's fantasy, where he somehow dies and goes to Heaven, flanked by two ripped & shirtless angels, and is invited to sit at the right hand of God (also ripped & shirtless) so they can hang out and ignore everyone's prayers.

They also showed a behind the scenes movie of Charlie putting the tighty-whities on Danny DeVito while he was in the coil. Apparently he only agreed to wear them in that scene if Charlie put them on him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I fuckin love DeVito so much. Shine on you horrible little troll man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

This episode was pretty predictable but it had some great moments, like turning the pyramid upside down and The Maniac being The Maniac.

I just want to point out that according to the credits he is "Da" Maniac not "The" Maniac.

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

GlobalHero06 posted:

I just want to know how Frank got stuck in the coil.

I feel like I can't move past it. Is it a sexual thing?

I love that the cold open title card gags are back in full force. The show had cooled off on doing those, but almost every episode this season has had one.

Chilled Cactus fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 26, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Hannibal Smith posted:

All three of the guys were on Conan tonight, and it was a pretty fun interview. They went over the premise of the upcoming 100th episode and showed a clip. I don't know if it's been revealed elsewhere, but the premise is the gang being caught in a convenience store robbery and each of them fantasizing about how they're going to get out of it. The clip was from Mac's fantasy, where he somehow dies and goes to Heaven, flanked by two ripped & shirtless angels, and is invited to sit at the right hand of God (also ripped & shirtless) so they can hang out and ignore everyone's prayers.

They also showed a behind the scenes movie of Charlie putting the tighty-whities on Danny DeVito while he was in the coil. Apparently he only agreed to wear them in that scene if Charlie put them on him.

There's nothing in that spoiler tag I don't like. :allears:

Time to go find that clip...

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I thought this was a pretty fun episode. Dennis and Mac falling so hard for every simple trick in the book. Dee and Charlie succeeding and then throwing it all away. Da'Maniac coming out of nowhere. Then, the kids playing around Frank at the end.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

escape artist posted:

I could write an essay on this episode. drat.

Please do! There was a lot of meta-stuff I'd like to hear more about, I just got that the episode was mostly about the Emmys.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Don't know why but my favorite gags this episode were the giant Incredible Hulk hand over Mac and Dennis' TV and Ben's sleeping cap. Well, favorite after all the coil stuff and "units".

El Ste
Aug 22, 2010

A time share and a pyramid scheme? We're diversifying our portfolio.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Ben's sleeping cap.

"Why's he dressed like Scrooge?"
"I dunno, he was like that when we got here."

Ben is just so adorably hapless and delighted by everything :unsmith:

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Was Mac checking out the time share guy after Dennis's "over a barrel" comment?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Ben was the highlight of the episode for me. He's just such a sharp contrast from the gang.

Hoffbonics
May 12, 2003

Always a gentleman
youtube.com/letsgotoclass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67iYjNWHsHU

maybe nsfw?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I feel incredibly distressed by seeing Charlie all professional talking about losing sunlight. Thank god he was putting on underwear on a naked man stuck in childrens playground to balance it out.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

That was easily the best episode of the season yet. It followed such a classic Sunny formula.

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013
I about exploded at the first sight of Ben in his "Ebenezer Scrooge" hat. Ben is probably one of my favorite secondary characters.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Well now that's the second time I've seen Danny DeVito fully nude on camera.\

What I don't get is why they had to wait until he was in the coil before yanking off his pants.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

What I don't get is why they had to wait until he was in the coil before yanking off his pants.

My favorite part of that is how instead of just wearing another slightly smaller pair of underwear under the tighty whiteys he, of course, was nude.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

overtone posted:

Was Mac checking out the time share guy after Dennis's "over a barrel" comment?
Mac didn't just check timeshare out, he visually plowed him. Dennis making split second decisions was great, he don't get got :smug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

What's the big deal? It's not like you could even see his magnum dong.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

My favorite part of that is how instead of just wearing another slightly smaller pair of underwear under the tighty whiteys he, of course, was nude.

Dude, why didn't he just wear the tighty whiteys AS underwear when he went in to the coil. That is what they are designed for. The whole idea of this happening is hilarious to me on so many levels.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
He's wearing skin-tone underwear.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Looks like he is wearing a jock strap under the boxers. Probably has a case of old-man balls.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
It was kinda predictable but only because the same thing happened on King of the Hill. What was surprising was Maniac's return because he was one of the few guest stars to make a solo appearance. He plays unstable too good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy A. Person posted:

Dude, why didn't he just wear the tighty whiteys AS underwear when he went in to the coil. That is what they are designed for. The whole idea of this happening is hilarious to me on so many levels.

Don't linger!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think what happened is that they were trying another pair of underwear, which was black boxers, that you can see at the beginning of the video and they decided to change it at the last second.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Loved seeing Dennis and Mac in their jihad outfits again, busted out laughing when Dee and Charlie break in and find them pulling out that old callback with the same voices.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

You know how a lot of Americans say they don't get British humor? I feel like Sunny would be like that for foreign audiences.

Sunny reminds me a lot of 'alternative' British sitcoms from the 80s/90s, especially the likes of Bottom or The Young Ones. It's not like the shows are in any way similar, I just love the way that it revels in being completely puerile.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

timpanihilistic posted:

I wish I had a .gif of Charlie turning the gun from side to side and pulling the trigger to respond with.

I'd completely forgotten that this started again! :gonk: But I caught up with a gut-bustin' binge session and come with gifs! :haw:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did they green screen Dennis into that fall there? Something about it looks really weird. Maybe it's the shadows. Then again that seems like a silly stunt to use an effect on when Dee will run head first into car doors and will roll down hills in the woods.

Great episode. Dennis and Mac gloating about their own fleecing is so goddamn funny every time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did they green screen Dennis into that fall there? Something about it looks really weird. Maybe it's the shadows. Then again that seems like a silly stunt to use an effect on when Dee will run head first into car doors and will roll down hills in the woods.

Great episode. Dennis and Mac gloating about their own fleecing is so goddamn funny every time.

it looks like he fell onto a greenmat or something.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Seems like it would be pointlessly dangerous not to use a mat. 40/60 chance he'll contact with his head first. And they probably did multiple takes.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Dee fleeing the scene and headbutting the car door is one of the funniest moments of the show for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Drifter posted:

it looks like he fell onto a greenmat or something.

He did; if you look very closely at the shadows as he lands they have a green tint to them.