Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
If you have a hizzy, you'll be outta the.......HOOUUUSSSEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Brekelefuw posted:

If you have a hizzy, you'll be outta the.......HOOUUUSSSEE

You undoubtedly are looking to get the throb n' guzzle...

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ez posted:

You undoubtedly are looking to get the throb n' guzzle...

The best part of that clip is at the end when Drew gets all flustered and is clearly just reading from a script and doesn't even understand what the words mean.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Has anybody gone to the Loveline Reunion Tour and asked Drew to sing Gossip Folks by Missy Elliot?

I also learned that the part he sings is a sample from Double Dutch Bus by Frankie Smith.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

BV posted:

I love it when David Alan Grier is belching loudly and Adam responds with "Drew, please!". It gets me every time.

In these 1996 ones, Drew apologizes and clarifies thats its not him after every drop.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Gotta get your bitch SPUNK DRUNK

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
Generally I don't call her bitch when my penis is in her mouth.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Don't use your teeth, bitch!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
When I was 19, I ate six boiled peyote buttons and stayed up all night, but felt no effect.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
It's called intimacy.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I've always wanted to know what on earth the context of the Drew drop "human being better run" is.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

All three words in it sound a bit different, so I think Anderson assembled that one.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

All three words in it sound a bit different, so I think Anderson assembled that one.

I seem to recall that it was him reading something that someone said, like a transcript or something. Maybe one of the few e-mails they received in the old days? The same way they got the "boiled peyote button" drop. I could be completely wrong though.

Slide McGriffin
Nov 16, 2009

OOOOoooOOooo
He was reading the lyrics to Leviticus by Me'Shell Ndegéocello.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=17&h=NjE0YTNjNTd

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Oh, cool. Mystery solved. I thought his cadence was strange so I always assumed it was an Anderson project.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh, cool. Mystery solved. I thought his cadence was strange so I always assumed it was an Anderson project.

This guy's. Penis. Makes me sick!

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
And she just gives me.....the hand....

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Ez posted:

This guy's. Penis. Makes me sick!

pee on this stick

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Grand Fromage posted:

Drew was so self conscious about it. I'm surprised Adam was able to talk him into reading it at all.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
If I find you stealing my underwear again, here's what's going to happen:

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
It's time to start listening, goddammit!

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Listen... LISTEN LISTEN

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

In the newest classic loveline Bruce calls Adam an “angry young democrat” because he wants the government to give clean syringes to addicts; Adam immediately and unironically agrees.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
You've changed, Adam....you've...changed.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer
Does the Adam and Drew podcast belong here, or in the Adam Carolla Podcast thread?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
We were discussing it earlier and this is hardly a high-traffic thread so go nuts.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
2000-5-22: Adam tells a story where he wakes up in the middle of the night. It ends with him using a phrase that a lot of people at The Man Show were using at that time. Srarting with the next caller, Adam jokingly starts working it in

It is the origin of "Good Times"

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
2003-9-24: a caller calls in and plays Adam the theme to Taboo 2 on his guitar. Adam sings along.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

Brekelefuw posted:

2003-9-24: a caller calls in and plays Adam the theme to Taboo 2 on his guitar. Adam sings along.

This?

Al Capone played a better guitar.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Drunk Badger posted:

This?

That's the one.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Badger posted:

This?

I think you mean...

El Kabong

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

Rack posted:

I think you mean...

El Kabong

Hmm, that makes more sense. And now I'm hearing that name instead after listening to that clip.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Huh, apparently Drew had prostate cancer surgery last year.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20738685,00.html

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Huh, apparently Drew had prostate cancer surgery last year.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20738685,00.html

passionate passionate passionate man

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

CatchrNdRy posted:

passionate passionate passionate man

Not passionate enough... frequent emptying of the prostate prevents the cancer.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Here's something I found while looking for Uhh Yeah Dude stuff today: This Year, a podcast that collects the best bits of other podcasts/shows had done several collections of Loveline, running from 3rd Quarter of 2000 to 4th Quarter 2001. For example, the newest one, Q3 2000, is 350 minutes long

I can't vouch for these episodes specifically, but the guys over there always make some good stuff and have pretty good taste in what's funny. So, if you guys want some condensed Loveline, there you are.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

WDIIA posted:

Here's something I found while looking for Uhh Yeah Dude stuff today: This Year, a podcast that collects the best bits of other podcasts/shows had done several collections of Loveline, running from 3rd Quarter of 2000 to 4th Quarter 2001. For example, the newest one, Q3 2000, is 350 minutes long

This is all you need to know about these.

Q3 2000, within the first twenty five minutes, there's two segments about Adam's room-clearing farts.

edit: oh my god it's the Drew's birthday fartstravaganza interspersed all-throughout, I remember listening to this episode live back in the day.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 14, 2013

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Drew's Fart birthday is my favourite episode of all time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Me too. I can listen to that episode forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Classic Loveline podcast continues to have massive audio quality issues which is dumb for something which is supposedly curated, but a couple of recent episodes have been really great in terms of content at least.

#111 with John Cryer and the cast of Partners
#109 which has Jenna Jameson as a guest but to be honest the fill-in Doctor Mark (?) is awesome and too bad he didn't do more appearances
#108 with Warren Cuccorullo, the guitarist from Duran Duran

• Locked thread