Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
all those things are delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dr. Honked posted:

all those things are delicious

you do know what a true banger is right?

just because something is delicious doesn't make it right according to these foreigners re: ketchup

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
if you dont like poutine kill you are self

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
american cheese isn't really cheese, it's just a sauce sold in solid form. once you think of it like that it becomes fine.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

even the container is hideous

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

what the actual gently caress are you talking about

it's very difficult to get non-american cheese to melt evenly. although i'm a pretty terrible cook, so who knows :shrug:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
the only people that get hickory farms are like generic gifts for a client because you don't want to offend them (i get offended when i get them)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i thought they stopped making beef stick

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

prefect posted:

it's very difficult to get non-american cheese to melt evenly. although i'm a pretty terrible cook, so who knows :shrug:

its pretty easy, not sure what you could be doing wrong man

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

not enough black pudding in that full english

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
wtf do british people put in baked beans to make them so bland and tasteless

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

flyboi posted:

exactly.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

flyboi posted:

maybe they don't include the chunk o' pork

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

prefect posted:

(it's a lack of ketchup) :ssh:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

prefect posted:

i dont know if the british are capable of creating a dish that doesnt incorporate meat

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Heinz baked beans were first sold in the UK in 1886 in the upmarket Fortnum & Mason store in London as an exotic import at a high price.

the idea that beans could be "exotic" cracks me up; i generally think of them as poor-folks food

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

i'm the five strawberry candies that nobody has ever asked for or wanted in the history of mankind

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

im the (chub)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Proteus4994 posted:

i'm the five strawberry candies that nobody has ever asked for or wanted in the history of mankind

:ssh: it turns out they're actually pretty good

but yeah, i ordered a box of meat and cheese; keep your sugar lumps elsewhere

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

prefect posted:

:ssh: it turns out they're actually pretty good

cant get cheese to melt

likes those terrible strawberry candies

prefect whats happened to you man

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
those lil strawberry candies are kinda cool when they aren't 12595323 years old and the middle is still liquidy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

prefect whats happened to you man

i am an american fatso; my palate is less educated than something that's really uneducated

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol 2 pages of americans talking about cheese like they have any idea

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Sniep posted:

those lil strawberry candies are kinda cool when they aren't 12595323 years old and the middle is still liquidy

lol i didn't even know the middle was supposed to be liquid

maybe they are good in this situation but good luck finding them

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
someone kickstart a cheese melter

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

idk what this is but i would eat the gently caress out of it

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

hubris.height posted:

idk what this is but i would eat the gently caress out of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangers_and_mash

just realize that british food has no spices in them at all and it tastes as bland as margaret thatcher's butthole

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the thing with cheese is that process cheese has a melt test done on it to ensure it melts before going out for sales

natural cheese does not have this test done, and honestly just has a higher melting point. add natural cheese while heat is still being applied to ensure maximum meltiness

kosher process cheese is the poo poo because it is a compromise between melting and being almost so dearly close to natural

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
if you want molten cheese on something, you make a cheese sauce. just straight melting cheese gives you a broken oily mess for all but the softest, youngest cheeses.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

flyboi posted:

just realize that british food has no spices in them at all and it tastes as bland as margaret thatcher's butthole

No wonder you're so bony Joe, and skinny as a rake. Well then, give us a bash at the bangers and mash me mother used to make

lol

Cream_Filling posted:

if you want molten cheese on something, you make a cheese sauce. just straight melting cheese gives you a broken oily mess for all but the softest, youngest cheeses.

yeah if you want nacho cheese just buy that liquidy process poo poo in a can and enjoy its probably the perfect blend of flavor and unhealthy to fill your needs

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

hubris.height posted:

yeah if you want nacho cheese just buy that liquidy process poo poo in a can

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
wtf, lots of natural cheeses melt fine. you just gotta know what kinda cheese you're working with

like, there was some goon who tried to cook/melt cojita bc its ~authentic mexican~ but no, that's like trying to melt feta. shoulda used asadero instead

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
gibbised again http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

flyboi posted:

maybe that's actually a good thing -- if we enjoyed food less, maybe we wouldn't eat so much of it

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

flyboi posted:

you must never look at my posting in here

anyways time to nationshame

I sent forums poster JumpinJackFlash some vegemite for secret santa. I wonder if he had some on a weetbix like I suggested

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

prefect posted:

maybe that's actually a good thing -- if we enjoyed food less, maybe we wouldn't eat so much of it

britain is catching up to us in the obesity department. it's part of what makes jeremy clarkson calling americans fat so funny

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

if its nacho cheese sauce why are you eating it

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

flyboi posted:

you must never look at my posting in here

anyways time to nationshame

i've eaten at that poutinerie (there's one 5mins walk from my place). owns

also, vegemite > marmite

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i dunno like obviously that food doesnt look great and it's a little cringey but reading the guys posts and his struggles with english and stuff i mostly just felt bad and i'm glad he's getting hi sthing kickstarted thanks to gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

i dunno like obviously that food doesnt look great and it's a little cringey but reading the guys posts and his struggles with english and stuff i mostly just felt bad and i'm glad he's getting hi sthing kickstarted thanks to gbs

tbh he's pretty literate for someone from alabama

• Locked thread