Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

TremorX posted:

OK, sorry, I didn't catch that. I thought maybe he was going through a second midlife crisis. I also honestly suspected that maybe my 4 year old had done that with the iFruit app on my iPad.

Okay, I've lost track of what is and what is not a mid-life crisis for Michael so I'm not going to ask you to specify because gently caress anything to make him more interesting mid-game. I don't mind that he is a little bit sad and down on himself, but for fucks sake man I did not blow a couple thousand dollars way too early in the game to not have you wear a loving jean jacket and jeans like my loving Dad*.

Trevor dresses the part, Franklin would probably wear something nice if I remembered to buy for him, you need to pull your weight Michael!

Also I've heard of some weapons in the game that I did not know were possible to have or find, and having a list in the OP would be helpful. I found myself the baseball bat before deciding to take my new prize and ride off in a sick new chopper that I borrowed from some nice members of The Lost who promptly shot the loving realism of one-percenter biker gangs into me.

*My Dad actually plays GTA V and assuming his eyes get a bit better I hope he realizes the similarities between him and Michael while playing the game. Hes not a criminal and I'm not a sack of poo poo, but fashion wise hes the type of guy who dresses up for work and takes off everything the second he gets home, gets into comfortable clothes, and plays his PS3. Its the a reverse butterfly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Illumination posted:

God DAMMIT I missed my opportunity to take out Michael's therapist. I tried carjacking but they were too quick. Should've just whipped out the RPG or sticky bomb.

I whipped out my sniper rifle, went into special mode and headshotted him when he was pulling away.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

MC Cakes posted:

Its a pain in the rear end that vehicles you land at the hangers / helipad don't get added to the selection list. Switching to my tank deleted my jet fighter, and I've been shot down at least half a dozen times trying to get a new one.

Yeah this is really annoying. It's the most obvious feature, make vehicles that you bring to the garage/hangar/helipad get stored in a list so you can grab them whenever you want. I don't understand why they didn't do this!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

A c E posted:

He looks just like him!

Although I'm sad it's not Michael Keaton.

From that pic of all three of them it looks like their faces were put on the chars bodies pretty much exactly as they are. Michael and Franklin are fatter in real life.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Here's the UFO thread I made. Let's all talk about UFOs:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572054

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

El Hefe posted:

I whipped out my sniper rifle, went into special mode and headshotted him when he was pulling away.

:doh: Michael's special is always the one I temporarily forget about using.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Baron FU posted:

Can we have someone post in here whenever the Pißwasser (PIS) stock recovers on the BAWSDAQ. It will probably be the best way for the people that missed the HAL stock rise to get enough money for the 200$ million spend trophy.

It got down to $2.26, but the current price says $2.37 so I guess there's a slight upwards trend.

I've got all my money in it so I'm hoping that it'll rise a metric fuckload.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Helicopters still control like rear end however. Whoever designed them is an rear end in a top hat.

Helicopters control just fine. It's just whoever decided "turbulence" for both planes and helicopters was "Oh, just jiggle the inputs" is a humongous rear end in a top hat.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, I just 100% the game, and all I got was this rather snazzy T-shirt. Franklin only, though I did 100% the game with a stunt jump playing as Franklin. Now to see what else happens, gonna go poke around Mt. Chiliad a bit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Illumination posted:

:doh: Michael's special is always the one I temporarily forget about using.

Me too. I have no idea why but I almost NEVER remember to use it, especially outside of missions.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

A c E posted:

He looks just like him!

If you look at just the faces of the voice actors, it is pretty much them 100%. Franklin's VA was on some lovely mini interview on TMZ and he pretty much said that it was just straight up 100% him in video game form.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Me too. I have no idea why but I almost NEVER remember to use it, especially outside of missions.

Probably because it's pretty poo poo compared to the other 2. Bullet time isn't all that amazing when you have instant lock on targeting.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

NESguerilla posted:

Same, but for everyones specials. It just never occurs to me unless it's mandated or I need to do a drive-by with Franklin.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I use Michael's specially for headshotting people in moving vehicles, it's great.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Same, but for everyones specials. It just never occurs to me unless it's mandated or I need to do a drive-by with Franklin.

Yeah, I only ever remember to do it for the shoot & drive sections with Franklin (and even then, only about half the time). For everyone else, I get so caught up in the cover shooting that I forget that special abilities are even an option.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Franklins special is so useful for races, you never need to let up on the gas, just click the special on briefly for taking sharp turns or if you start to fishtail/slide your car.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
So I ordered a military jeep for Trevor, got the email that says its delivered, but it isn't in my garage? There is a place for it, but no jeep. Does it get delivered somewhere else?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, ATVing through the backroads around Chiliad I was usurped by four rednecks who thought Franklin was an illegal immigrant and after a brief chit chat they just unloaded everything into him and killed me in about a second. Fun. Full health and armor too.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://vine.co/v/hr0a3jTe5Fu

Stunts on a BMX!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Oh hey my iFruit finally works again. Chop is happy and now he can do tricks. :3:

I wonder when the app shits itself and resets my progress again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I tried this and it ended up being a one hitter quitter which, while hilarious, considered him to be dead which I didn't want.

All but one of my bail bond guys died this way which is a pain because it's one of the few ways for Trevor to catch up money-wise after the first heist.

Totally my fault because I kept punching the guys after the first one died, but still.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

I spent 15 minutes on the halfpipe near Vespucci Beach on a BMX. I found it kinda neat that I could actually do it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo I just loaded the game to play a bit and it started with Trevor on top of a mountain passed out drunk and wearing women's clothing.

I don't even know what the gently caress. :laffo:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I've only done the first bail bond mission, which went like this:

- drive to quarry
- steal a dump truck
- drive around in dump truck until you see the bail bond guy
- drive off a cliff and try to land on the guy and miss
- ram his car with the dump truck and roll it on its side so he gets out
- shoot him in the knee, which kills him :downs:

I then proceeded to go on a rampage with the dump truck, but managed to blow myself up while ramming random cars.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
One time I switched to Trevor he was driving his truck while being chased by cops, with a 2 star wanted level, yelling "it was self defence!" :allears:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Are there suggestions as to who should buy specific properties (the ones that all three characters can buy)?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So playing through GTAIV and LC Eps on PC as a way of coping with it not coming out anytime soon totally backfired and I couldn't stop myself from buying this. I was wondering if there's anything major I'm not getting because I don't have Xbox Gold? Besides GTA Online. Like half the menus tell me to gently caress off when I scroll through it. Can I still get the Social Club or iFruit stuff? The game never asked me to log in to anything.

Also I can't believe how happy this game is. Liberty City was basically hell. Even as a parody it was dense and suffocating. But everything in this game just seems so loving jubilant.

And also the jaggies make my eyes bleed, but whatever.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Strangers Spoiler Ahead (Kifflom related) What is the approximate area that you have to do the 5 mile run in? I know it says desert, but since it isn't marked, I don't know how far it lets you go exactly.

Less Talk More Rock
May 8, 2007
Would you give it all up to live again?
For the Kifflom mission, I just stayed in the little desert area where it started the tally. Don't cross any roads while you're doing it.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Where's the best place for an epic police showdown? Somewhere with good cover and not a lot of entrances. I tried a parking garage, it's good until they start landing on the roof.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Quasipox posted:

Strangers Spoiler Ahead (Kifflom related) What is the approximate area that you have to do the 5 mile run in? I know it says desert, but since it isn't marked, I don't know how far it lets you go exactly.

Just hold down on the analog stick to make yourself run in circles and find something else to do for the next hour or so.

e: note you'll get a phone call at 4 miles

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Quasipox posted:

It's the brown part on the minimap.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Trevor is easily my favorite of the three so far, even though I find myself playing way more Michael.. but I have a problem with him. He's way too mean to Wade... and Wade is a sweetheart!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

HCFJ posted:

It's the brown part on the minimap.

It isn't quite that, the actual boundary is a little inside of the brown area. I learned this the hard way. :smith:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

kater posted:

So playing through GTAIV and LC Eps on PC as a way of coping with it not coming out anytime soon totally backfired and I couldn't stop myself from buying this. I was wondering if there's anything major I'm not getting because I don't have Xbox Gold? Besides GTA Online. Like half the menus tell me to gently caress off when I scroll through it. Can I still get the Social Club or iFruit stuff? The game never asked me to log in to anything.

Also I can't believe how happy this game is. Liberty City was basically hell. Even as a parody it was dense and suffocating. But everything in this game just seems so loving jubilant.

And also the jaggies make my eyes bleed, but whatever.

You aren't getting any of the social club stuff without gold.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rapdawg posted:

Okay, I've lost track of what is and what is not a mid-life crisis for Michael so I'm not going to ask you to specify because gently caress anything to make him more interesting mid-game. I don't mind that he is a little bit sad and down on himself, but for fucks sake man I did not blow a couple thousand dollars way too early in the game to not have you wear a loving jean jacket and jeans like my loving Dad*.

Trevor dresses the part, Franklin would probably wear something nice if I remembered to buy for him, you need to pull your weight Michael!

Also I've heard of some weapons in the game that I did not know were possible to have or find, and having a list in the OP would be helpful. I found myself the baseball bat before deciding to take my new prize and ride off in a sick new chopper that I borrowed from some nice members of The Lost who promptly shot the loving realism of one-percenter biker gangs into me.

*My Dad actually plays GTA V and assuming his eyes get a bit better I hope he realizes the similarities between him and Michael while playing the game. Hes not a criminal and I'm not a sack of poo poo, but fashion wise hes the type of guy who dresses up for work and takes off everything the second he gets home, gets into comfortable clothes, and plays his PS3. Its the a reverse butterfly.

The first time I went golfing and started doing lovely, I realized I was playing a dad simulator.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is there anything to prevent me from dumping all my cash into Piswaßer after saving, and just re-loading if it takes a poo poo?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Akion posted:

Is there anything to prevent me from dumping all my cash into Piswaßer after saving, and just re-loading if it takes a poo poo?

BAWSAQ ones are stored and controlled by Rockstar on their servers.
Feel free to do what you said there to LSN ones.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Is anyone else having a problem buying stocks on the BAWSAQ? I haven't been able to since the game launched. I'm missing out on sweet money rolls and it's really irking me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Pudgygiant posted:

Where's the best place for an epic police showdown? Somewhere with good cover and not a lot of entrances. I tried a parking garage, it's good until they start landing on the roof.

Highway on the east side of the map there's what's supposed to be a hydro generating base station (it has 4 pipes coming down the hill into it). The roof there has boxes you can hide between for cover from helicopters and ground police, and they can't drop onto the roof because it's too crowded.

It's a little difficult to engage the guys on the ground, but it's a good opportunity to shoot down a lot of helicopters.

• Locked thread