Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

gobbledygoat posted:

I've never really used shotguns much, much preferring light flamethrowers or grenade launchers as secondary weapons for the most part. I'm pretty ignorant, what are the pros of a shotgun?

Well, if you're Haqq, you have them anyway so you'd better find a use for them. :v:

In theory they're like template weapons that demand opposed AROs and can miss. If you've got good BS then it may be better to make an opposed roll than to eat normal return fire. Also, they can theoretically shoot a lot further than actual template weapons. Boarding Shotguns are also a lot more versatile than Light Shotguns since the former can just load AP slugs and blow away an armored target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Yeah, I guess I've always been scared of the -3 at 16-24, considering how hot of a range band that is. BS isn't really a problem as I run PanO, I'll definitely field a boarding shotgun orc next time I play, a bs 14 2 wound model at the piss cheap price of 32 pts is starting to sound pretty good.

Edit: interesting that a flechet round wouldn't be considered shock though, especially considering SMGs load it.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Aha. My order has arrived. Joan of Arc, HMG Swiss Guard, BS ORC troop, Kamau hacker and 4 fusiliers. Going to mix and match to create 150 point lists from those.

Probably going to get some TAGs in my next wave. What are the pros and cons of the PanO TAGs?

Also, any advice to build on that initial core of units?

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

So I just picked up the Asuka Kisaragi & Aragoto box and does anyone know of any guide on how to assemble them?

The basic riders are easy but there are foot pedals and junk that I can't quite work out where they're meant to go. Is there some kind of guide somewhere, or could someone help a goon out with a photo?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

For O-Yoroi, I've found that you just can't leave an angle for it to attack opening, lanes need to be shut off with Mines and E/Maulers, Supressive fire corridors and multiple ARO covering points to stop the initial TAG shock. After that you can basically just box it in to stop it pushing too far up ahead on its own and cut off its support. I play a lot of Nomads though so that's my usual choices. What faction in particular are you playing?

I play both Nomads and Aleph. Nomads usually suffer more as ninjas and link teams get rid of my repeaters/remotes that could help in hacking the drat thing, and they have less NWI that let you survive a HMG ARO and no smoke to cross fire lanes safely. I'm going to try and add a HMG Hellcat to either ambush it from behind or kill its cheerleaders while he is clearing the way during the first turn.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Sardine Wit posted:

So I just picked up the Asuka Kisaragi & Aragoto box and does anyone know of any guide on how to assemble them?

The basic riders are easy but there are foot pedals and junk that I can't quite work out where they're meant to go. Is there some kind of guide somewhere, or could someone help a goon out with a photo?

An Aragoto should consist of: basic motorcycle body and rider (obvious), handlebars (where handlebars go, symmetrical to how you glue the one with rider arm - they seem to slide), right foot rest (larger - there's a groove on the back of the lower motorcycle body where it's supposed to go), left footrest (small - there's a hole for it on the other side where the right pin is). Use the gallery photos for reference, if you have problems getting a good shot Giraldez has 360o pics on his blog.

ed: here you go

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 25, 2013

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Pierzak posted:

An Aragoto should consist of: basic motorcycle body and rider (obvious), handlebars (where handlebars go, symmetrical to how you glue the one with rider arm - they seem to slide), right foot rest (larger - there's a groove on the back of the lower motorcycle body where it's supposed to go), left footrest (small - there's a hole for it on the other side where the right pin is). Use the gallery photos for reference, if you have problems getting a good shot Giraldez has 360o pics on his blog.

ed: here you go

Thanks for this. God I'm still finding them hard to put together but this will help a lot.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sephyr posted:

I play both Nomads and Aleph. Nomads usually suffer more as ninjas and link teams get rid of my repeaters/remotes that could help in hacking the drat thing, and they have less NWI that let you survive a HMG ARO and no smoke to cross fire lanes safely. I'm going to try and add a HMG Hellcat to either ambush it from behind or kill its cheerleaders while he is clearing the way during the first turn.
I've taken to deploying my E/Maulers in choke points with difficult-to-access locations and corners but it is heavily dependent on terrain set up.

E/M or ADHL flanking is really great against TAGs and Hellcats are amazing for it, so definitely give those dudes a go.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Can someone clarify how Coma works exactly? The PDF makes reference to the sepsitor, but a daturazi isn't equipped with one, so what does it do?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Can someone clarify how Coma works exactly? The PDF makes reference to the sepsitor, but a daturazi isn't equipped with one, so what does it do?

If you take a Daturazi in a vanilla list with a Sepsitor-equipped unit, after taking out his first enemy the Daturazi has an option to activate Coma; this will kill him, but until the end of this turn you can use Sepsitor as if that particular dead Daturazi was a repeater, i.e. also on any target within 8" of the Coma, regardless of where the Sepsitor actually is on the table.

VVV: If you mean the uberpost then yeah, actually wrote a part last night. The CA one should be ready within a week or two. And the Cube doesn't do anything on its own, it's there to get sepsitorized or disabled by EMP, unless you're playing a campaign.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 26, 2013

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

OK thanks! Still trying to catch up on a lot of terminology. Are you still making a guide to CA?

Edit: and cube doesn't do anything on its own, right? Its just a keyword that a model has that is referenced by other abilities?

Dr. Clockwork fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 26, 2013

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.
Woo September releases up, here's a group shot:

Gonna buy the gently caress outta that croc man. Kinda sad its not Rao/Tikbalang/a Bagh box set though! And no Tohaa is really surprising, along with no love for CA, Haqq (well outside QK) or YJ...

Tardscream fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 26, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wow. New Croc Man is excellent! Buying that, Iguana and Alke, expensive month for me. Will update OP when Iget home.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
For some reason the heavy armor Scots never do it for me. I have Veteran Kazaks that are painted up in generic army camo that can be proxies if I need a list to include Grey Rifles or Mormaers. The armor plates with a splash of tartan just looks odd to me.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The TAG and Croc are great but god, the others look terrible.

What faction is that Nesai Alke for? It kinda looks like ALEPH but I've never seen her unit entry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

It's Aleph, yeah.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Where's the book?

(last time we had 4 releases was when Campaign: Paradiso came out)

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Sorry bros that Mormaer is loving awesome.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

TastyAvocado posted:

Sorry bros that Mormaer is loving awesome.

Oh hey a right opinion. :scotland::hf::ussr:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ineptmule posted:

The TAG and Croc are great but god, the others look terrible.

What faction is that Nesai Alke for? It kinda looks like ALEPH but I've never seen her unit entry.
The ALEPH sign/armour gives it away bro. :v:

What? The Mormaer is a bit generic but it's a good sculpt and Alke is amazing. You need to get your eyes checked.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 26, 2013

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Alke and the Iguana for me. And a Corregidor box if I can fit it in without the shipping cost to Brazil exploding.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Can anyone help me understand the rules to G: jumper lvl 1? I read the wiki explanation and know generally how to swap between proxies but I'm kinda failing to see the benefit of paying for them?

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
There's no benefit, it's a disadvantage to make up for the fact that the proxies are otherwise undercosted.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
If anyone's wondering about CB's previous release schedule, I made a thing.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

So am I right that you get... a basic ARO from each proxy in lof of the triggering action and an ARO from the active proxy to swap to any other proxy, even if they're not in lof? Can you do anything else with the active proxy's ARO? The rules also say you can change active proxy even to an unconscious proxy, even though you can't do anything? Just to protect yourself I guess?

This might be the most convoluted rule I've ever seen.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
You get a normal ARO with the active proxy, the jump ARO is just one of the options available.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've played this game for three years now and I never knew you could disarm mines with an Engineer.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Two friends and I played a game yesterday, and it wad a blast.

MVP of the game was the Veteran Kazak with AP HMG. That guy is crazy. Who needs technology when you can field that guy!

As for my guys, the Order Sergeant with TO Camo and sniper rifle controlled a huge chunk of the board.

My Haqqislam friend seemed to struggle a bit. What is a good heavy lifter for them?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

My Haqqislam friend seemed to struggle a bit. What is a good heavy lifter for them?
HFT Nafatuns, HMG Djanbazan, Asawira, Lasiq, all depending what you want to run.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
WIP shot of my counts-as Chasseur :toot:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Asphyxious posted:

WIP shot of my counts-as Chasseur :toot:

It's grand.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Pierzak posted:

If anyone's wondering about CB's previous release schedule, I made a thing.

Poor Haqq. :what:

(Also, I'm sad there's no crying flag emoticons from anywhere in the Arab world.)

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Is there a less-intensive online army builder? I cannot get Infinity Army to load for the life of me. It's a slick program, but I'd be ok with a simple crappy Java thing.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Is there a less-intensive online army builder? I cannot get Infinity Army to load for the life of me. It's a slick program, but I'd be ok with a simple crappy Java thing.

Try this. I can't stand using Army 4 anymore - it's so cumbersome.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Corbeau posted:

Awesome, didn't realize the app had a web version too! Thanks.

How does this look for a newbie list building on the starter set?

Combined Army | 11 models

Combat Group #1
Charontid Lieutenant (81|0)
Daturazi Chain (14|0)
Kurgat Autocannon (37|1.5)
Morat Combi (16|0)
Malignos Sniper (47|1.5)
Ikadron (9|0)
Morat Combi (16|0)
Morat Combi (16|0)
Morat Combi (16|0)
Speculo Killer (39|1)
Combat Group #2
Ikadron (9|0)

300/300 points | 4/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox : direct link

Dr. Clockwork fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 27, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I use ia-Aleph on iOS for list building during my commute.

Pretty nice, with a nifty feature that gives to-hit charts for each model taking gear and weapons into account (x-visor etc.) but doesn't have quite so good exporting options. I make a list on it and then create a printed PDF using the official one.

I usually have it on hand to look up models and stats, with a printed list containing my actual stuff.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
^^ What up dude.

Direwolf, if you would like to buy some acontecimento, email me the details: jasper_clifford@hotmail.com

I am totally buying that Anaconda. Want to get the rest of the nomad remotes as well. Like many of us, I have so much unpainted infinity. It's not even funny. They just produce so much good stuff!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

...says he, and then links to the Aleph Toolbox :psypop:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Pierzak posted:

...says he, and then links to the Aleph Toolbox :psypop:

It's different in interface, but it doesn't take an hour to load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My MAS bases came today, yay!

I ordered a 50mm one for my TAG.

I am so smart, SMRT. :negative:

• Locked thread