Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
If we don't kill regulos this week I'm pretty sure we have to kill a member of the raid in ritual sacrifice to appease Vandee's anger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

marhom posted:

If we don't kill regulos this week I'm pretty sure we have to kill a member of the raid in ritual sacrifice to appease Vandee's anger

I'd like to nominate Unionizer.

He still logs in, right?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

marhom posted:

Nah, just buy an elder pledge.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Looks like ember isle is getting some underwater expansion in 2.5. Rift junkies thinks it is going to be an area to experiment with the underwater stuff going into 3.0.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eltoasto posted:

Looks like ember isle is getting some underwater expansion in 2.5. Rift junkies thinks it is going to be an area to experiment with the underwater stuff going into 3.0.

The city and port are already present in-game, there's just nothing besides the architecture.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

The city and port are already present in-game, there's just nothing besides the architecture.

There was some bug where you could zone into the Plane of Water apparently.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Zoness posted:

There was some bug where you could zone into the Plane of Water apparently.

Any link on that?

Kreczor posted:

I'd like to nominate Unionizer.

He still logs in, right?

how can you kill what's already dead from dying on the pull

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

marhom posted:

Any link on that?

It was in today's patch notes, its fixed now.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

marhom posted:

Any link on that?

Patch notes:

* Fixed a bug that could (rarely) send players clicking on the "Return to Graveyard" button to the Plane of Water! (This was less exciting than it sounds, because they'd crash due to not having patched the map yet...)

Speaking of which:

quote:

GENERAL
* Players with low video settings can no longer accidentally walk through solid objects.
* The transparency on some in-game objects has been fixed.
* Fixed an issue that caused some players to be unable to view their wardrobe.
* Previewing glass objects in the RIFT Store no longer sometimes causes visual artifacts.
* Fixed an issue that allowed movement during some stun effects. Hold still!
* The ground-effect targeting reticle will now be more visible on transparent surfaces.
* Players should no longer be occasionally locked out of their own random LFD instances.
* Fixed a bug that could (rarely) send players clicking on the "Return to Graveyard" button to the Plane of Water! (This was less exciting than it sounds, because they'd crash due to not having patched the map yet...)

RIFT STORE
* 2.4 Achievement rewards are now available in the Trophy section of the store. Note that you must have the achievement before you can purchase the items.
* Fixed an issue with a few items in the trophy section erroneously being unique!
* Players with Storm Legion Souls can once again purchase these items as gifts for their friends who don't yet have the Storm Legion Souls.

SOULS

WARRIOR

REAVER
* All Reaver Corruptions are now off GCD.

PARAGON
* Flurry: Now a 3s channeled ability, down from 6s. Total damage has been reduced. Awards 1 Attack Point every second.
* Run like the Wind: Now also increases passive movement speed by 2-6%.
* Predictable Movements: No longer a Finisher. Causes the next 3 melee ability attacks to be reflected back against the attacker.

ZONES
* The Water Saga quests Joining the Cabal and Initiation should now function correctly for the assault on the Wardstone.

EMBER ISLE
* The minimum level required for Ember Isle quests has been reduced to 48.

STONEFIELD
* Quest: Assistance for Granite Falls: Now correctly teleports characters to Coterie Camp.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

EXODUS OF THE STORM QUEEN
* The Blackstorm Vangaurds during the Hot Lead, Cold Steel event should no longer get stuck in the roof.

INFERNAL DAWN: LAETHYS
* Fixed an issue that could cause Maklamos's Doom to root both players.

INFINITY GATE
* Viktus: Trash mobs for the life and death pulls now correctly aggro as a group.
* Earning the achievement Conqueror: Infinity Gate now grants the Infinity Gate Conqueror's Treasure Box.

REALM OF TWISTED DREAMS
* Greenscale: Players who successfully became roasted, tenderized and seasoned will now be properly granted the achievement The Perfect Dish.
* Greenscale: Pets will now correctly be able to attack Greenscale after he lands.
* The jump puzzle reward, Definitely Not A Sinister Companion, is now Bind to Account.
* Earning the achievement Conqueror: Realm of Twisted Dreams now grants Companion Pet: Sneeps.

CRAFTING
* Recently learned crafting recipes will no longer show in the Store and properly show as learned without having to relog.

ITEMS
* Frozen Eclipse Stone drop rates for Tier 1 raid bosses have been corrected.
* Reinforced Aggressor's Exalted Parrying Dagger is no longer Unique equip.
* Dendrome Raider's Power Cell now has an Empreal Slayer's Mark cost as well as a Credit cost and can be purchased from the Rift Store.
* Raid 2 Chloromancer trinket upgrade paths have received the ability upgrades that the cleric trinket set did:
- Prophet of the Bleeding Tree
- The Screams of the Rising Wind
- Light of the Infinite Firmaments
* The Survivor Hood can now be worn in a Wardrobe slot by all classes.
* Added reward package for new Infinity Gate conqueror achievement.
* Added appropriate icon to Snizzip pet.
* The few potions whose stack sizes were less than 99 have had their stack sizes increased to 99.

I guess I wasn't the only person who found the GA tower to not exactly have a floor, though I wonder if that includes the EE tunnel to Goloch not actually being a wall. Also Tsu now has a shadow thing he can send to his main yay.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Daerc posted:

Patch notes:

Speaking of which:

I guess I wasn't the only person who found the GA tower to not exactly have a floor, though I wonder if that includes the EE tunnel to Goloch not actually being a wall. Also Tsu now has a shadow thing he can send to his main yay.

The patch notes have been updated to include some more things like a change in the Necromancer's Corpse Explosion and consuming old PVP gear for favor. On the forums, at least.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

OneEightHundred posted:

the AoE healing had mana issues and involved a lot of what may as well have been downtime since its conviction builders did abysmal damage and didn't proc anything useful.

Even justice, even justice, even justice, even justice, doctrine of loyalty x4

1 minute passes

out of mana

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

I won't be able to make it to raid tonight or will be on very late at best. Luckily, we seem to have an overwhelming level of attendance lately so it shouldn't be an issue (oh god I hope you all didn't quit in the last 2 days and it's still true).

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
Gonna be late tonight. Found out my boss is flying in from Virginia, so I'm sitting at a barber waiting to get a haircut. Will be on as soon as I can.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Tairon posted:

Luckily, we seem to have an overwhelming level of attendance lately so it shouldn't be an issue (oh god I hope you all didn't quit in the last 2 days and it's still true).

You cursed us.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

My guild is going to try and do alt T1s on Wednesday nights @ 9:30-1:30 EST and will probably need a few PUGs to round out the group. If you guys have extra people that would like to come throw me a tell at Bobdol@faeblight. If we can get decent enough PUGs and the right guildies want to go we usually can do 8/9 or 9/9 in one night.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Why are all these groups so goddamn early :argh:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

mr. nobody posted:

Even justice, even justice, even justice, even justice, doctrine of loyalty x4

1 minute passes

out of mana
On fights that actually strained raid healing (Thalguur, Hylas), it was pretty easy to burn out.

Also, did they ever change those butchering/outfitter drop quest items to stop dropping if you already completed the quest?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

OneEightHundred posted:

On fights that actually strained raid healing (Thalguur, Hylas), it was pretty easy to burn out.

Also, did they ever change those butchering/outfitter drop quest items to stop dropping if you already completed the quest?

Yes but they don't drop anymore, you just get them.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Man, leveling slows to a crawl after hitting 50. I know the level pools are much larger and the exp gains are larger to compensate, but it feels like a drag. Is there any way to speed up the process besides random IA and hate yourself?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I leveled from 50 to 60 one weekend by overleveling some of the beginner content and then going back and forth between the two continents and doing story quests and carnages as I found them.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

SlayVus posted:

I leveled from 50 to 60 one weekend by overleveling some of the beginner content and then going back and forth between the two continents and doing story quests and carnages as I found them.

This is massive hyperbole unless it was a bonus weekend and you had an 80% experience pot running the entire time, and you poopsocked the entire time.

Keep in mind the fastest 50-60 was roughly 2 days straight when SL came out.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Yeah those guys in Special Olympics were crazy!

Aldy got the shard first on Deepwood and I heard he slept for like, 3 hours between launch and dinging level 60.

Machai posted:

My guild is going to try and do alt T1s on Wednesday nights @ 9:30-1:30 EST and will probably need a few PUGs to round out the group. If you guys have extra people that would like to come throw me a tell at Bobdol@faeblight. If we can get decent enough PUGs and the right guildies want to go we usually can do 8/9 or 9/9 in one night.

Eww what kind of sperglord rper plays on Faeblight. :rolleyes:

Oh right... :smith:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 26, 2013

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

This is massive hyperbole unless it was a bonus weekend and you had an 80% experience pot running the entire time, and you poopsocked the entire time.

I had patron and a weeks worth of 40% xp patron pots. Plus all the XP pots and such up to the 4th Purple tier item.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Machai posted:

I wish I would have seen this last night and I would have joined.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Zoness posted:

Yeah those guys in Special Olympics were crazy!

Aldy got the shard first on Deepwood and I heard he slept for like, 3 hours between launch and dinging level 60.

How many cheevo points does Aldwyn have out of the maximum

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Zoness posted:

Eww what kind of sperglord rper plays on Faeblight. :rolleyes:

Oh right... :smith:.

The ones that destroy their marriage. :smith:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Dragongem posted:

How many cheevo points does Aldwyn have out of the maximum

I don't even know, he even faction swapped to a Guardian to get those achievements, so I assume he was pretty close to capped before 2.3

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Zoness posted:

I don't even know, he even faction swapped to a Guardian to get those achievements, so I assume he was pretty close to capped before 2.3

This man is a hero and should probably go see a counselor

Storm Legion burned me out so hard because the cheevo rewards weren't cool :smith:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Grittykitty posted:

I wish I would have seen this last night and I would have joined.

We ended up at 3/4 FT because we did not have our 2 MTs and only like 2 main healers (including myself as Defiler). We did still have 14 guildies at least. Hopefully going forward we can get better at synth-swapping, circles and wisps during Twins. Once we can do that with PUGs we should be able to get 4/4 and 2/5 at the least.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

We ended up at 3/4 FT because we did not have our 2 MTs and only like 2 main healers (including myself as Defiler). We did still have 14 guildies at least. Hopefully going forward we can get better at synth-swapping, circles and wisps during Twins. Once we can do that with PUGs we should be able to get 4/4 and 2/5 at the least.

Crucia's a warden check more than anything when it comes to pugging - if the logs show no very little healing by soothing stream someone done goofed.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Zoness posted:

He was discussing this in general chat before he quit Rift forever (?).

He had all acheivements. Every single one. He gave the point/score total and it was very large but I didn't screenshot or remember it. edit: I think it was in the low 15000s

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 27, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
I was able to get a Tomorrow World ticket for free. Which means I will not be online tonight and I may miss Sunday night as well.

At least we already killed Salv, right?!

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

Daerc posted:

gently caress YES JUST KILLED SALVAROLA

3 of 4 before 9 of 9.

Why do I see a Bahmi in a skirt? Also, women with man legs. Is this a photoshop or is there some hilarious bug in the game?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ator posted:

Why do I see a Bahmi in a skirt? Also, women with man legs. Is this a photoshop or is there some hilarious bug in the game?

We've been abusing this bug for a while now!

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Ator posted:

It's a feature. Last time we explained how to do it on the forums, they disabled the ability to do so for a couple months, but the method has been around for a while.

Heiji
Jun 9, 2007
Going to start playing this a bit to fill my MMO itch. In as Toyama

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

FYI level 50+ dudes we need to reach 60:

quote:

RIFT ‏@Riftgame 3h
This weekend is Patron Appreciation Weekend! Patrons get a 50% boost to XP for kills. Not a Patron? Buy a 3-day pass!

RIFT ‏@Riftgame 3h
(and yes, the bonus stacks with your daily Patron boost and XP potions!)

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Coming back to this after a few years ago. Merrilith is mah name.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Crucia's a warden check more than anything when it comes to pugging - if the logs show no very little healing by soothing stream someone done goofed.

Had our usual warden with us so that was fine. Mostly just bad at interrupting the cyclone add and for some reason we kept dragging the bomb away from the turret. And our dwarf kept getting gibbed as soon as the big robot spawned (no big loss, just a dwarf).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Machai posted:

Had our usual warden with us so that was fine. Mostly just bad at interrupting the cyclone add and for some reason we kept dragging the bomb away from the turret. And our dwarf kept getting gibbed as soon as the big robot spawned (no big loss, just a dwarf).

Yeah our token dwarf's decent enough at healing, so he can keep himself alive in warden. Also it's hilarious when he gets the stack mark because the first bahmi in makes it impossible to tell where anything is.

• Locked thread