Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoarr
Sep 6, 2013
Nah, those used the original logos.

*click to enlarge*

*click to enlarge*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cool I have that same tattoo.

Deadman63
Apr 16, 2005

Seeing the old tag titles next to the current ones makes it even clearer how awful the new ones are. God are they ugly.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Hoarr posted:

Nah, those used the original logos.

*click to enlarge*

Hate that display method, they should have the belt either completely flat, or completely closed, not flopping awkwardly like that.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Deadman63 posted:

Seeing the old tag titles next to the current ones makes it even clearer how awful the new ones are. God are they ugly.

I wish they would've just gone back to using all the old style belts like they did with the IC title - just make some like the WE slightly bigger, and make the plates slightly thicker on them. Those tag titles look AMAZING on all the teams, I miss having belts that looked like they had some meaning and were respectable.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

dot com did a photoshoot of current guys with old belts and it's pretty cool. Some choice pictures:

Lmao at the one single depressing shot of Drew McIntyre with the Euro belt.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Deadman63 posted:

I completely disagree with you. I dig the off-kilter, coppery Spartans.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Lmao at the one single depressing shot of Drew McIntyre with the Euro belt.

Wade Barrett.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

So this is an impending botch, right? I think that guy is about to die.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Castomira posted:

I completely disagree with you. I dig the off-kilter, coppery Spartans.

Agreed. It makes the belts a little different, and brings forward the concept of two people working together as a tag team.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
I loving hate the custom side plates. I loving hate custom belts of any kind, including the smoking skull belt. The title should be bigger and more important than any one wrestler, and adding anything custom to it just diminishes the importance of the title itself, in my opinion. I just wanted to rant about this and I felt this was he best place because we are doing belt talk.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
Speaking of belts, they also did an article on other concepts for the new WWE title.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/alternate-wwe-title-designs-photos

Though I am not fond of the current title, it could have been worse:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Speaking of belts, they also did an article on other concepts for the new WWE title.

All of these are worse than what we got, but the last sketch really left my mouth agape at how bad it is.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This loving owns, to hell with you!!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

This loving owns, to hell with you!!

It would have been the most cartoonish belt ever, with no possible middle ground between the best belt ever and the worst belt ever.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
The Shield look loving swag with the old tag team belts.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've hated the old WWF Tag belts since the first time I say them so many years ago. The current ones are much better in my opinion.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

quote:

William Regal ‏@RealKingRegal 18h

The magicians at @WWE have done a wonderful airbrush job on my lived in face in today's Classic Championship article.
:v:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Deadpool posted:

I've hated the old WWF Tag belts since the first time I say them so many years ago. The current ones are much better in my opinion.

Something something Michigan State belts.

Old ones weren't great but I think they look great in the picture with The Shield. PTP not so much.

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist

They need to make three for the Birds of War.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

those belts were held mostly by these guys

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Deadpool posted:

They're really bad and look like giant pennies. Copper is not a good belt color.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Phenix Rising posted:

What's the story here? I don't remember Jindrak ever being on TV as part of Evolution, so was it just a planned thing that never materialized? Anyone know anything else about that?

I sent this to my buddy, and he said he just watched the new HHH documentary and HHH talks about how much he hated Jindrak.

I can't imagine HHH talking about Mark Jindrak in 2013 but here we are! Here comes the shovel indeed.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Hulkster really looks like an action figure here

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

I looked at the "Seven Special Titles" article, and I guess I missed LayCool cutting the Women's Belt in two. Also, Moolah's Women's Championship is the ultimate tribute to megalomaniacal Championships (fitting for Moolah).

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I don't think the old ones are anything special either but the penny roman helmet thing (where did that even come from) they got going on is pretty bleh too.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Incendiary Pig posted:

I loving hate the custom side plates. I loving hate custom belts of any kind, including the smoking skull belt. The title should be bigger and more important than any one wrestler, and adding anything custom to it just diminishes the importance of the title itself, in my opinion. I just wanted to rant about this and I felt this was he best place because we are doing belt talk.

I liked when Ultimate Warrior changed the color of the strap to match his paint all the time.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Incendiary Pig posted:

I loving hate the custom side plates.

I'm waiting for, say, heel Jericho or heel Bryan to have their face on the side plates. That'd be funny.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Finally got Bri to say YES… I’m such an overachiever.

Awwwww. I'm so happy for them. And Season 2 of Total Divas.

And now the pressure is on Cena.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yet another thing Bryan Danielson is better at than Cena.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Saints Crow posted:

I looked at the "Seven Special Titles" article, and I guess I missed LayCool cutting the Women's Belt in two. Also, Moolah's Women's Championship is the ultimate tribute to megalomaniacal Championships (fitting for Moolah).

To be fair apparently they replaced the image in the center to whoever was the champion.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

To be fair apparently they replaced the image in the center to whoever was the champion.

Or in other words they never changed the image. Or did I miss the joke?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

WeaponX posted:

I don't think the old ones are anything special either but the penny roman helmet thing (where did that even come from) they got going on is pretty bleh too.

Spartans, who are well known for standing together. Like a team.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I never understood why the Intercontinental title has Africa and Europe on it. It's "intercontinental" because it's supposed to represent North and South America, hence why the supposed tournament where Pat Patterson won it was in Brazil.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Saints Crow posted:

I hope this title is in WWE 2K14.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Does anyone have any good high resolution photos of some of the wrestling weddings over the years? I can't find anything good enough to print out. WWE.com had a few of the Edge/Vicky wedding and the Bryan/AJ non wedding, but even those were pretty small.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Saint Jimmy posted:

Finally got Bri to say YES… I’m such an overachiever.

Awwwww. I'm so happy for them. And Season 2 of Total Divas.

And now the pressure is on Cena.

I always enjoy cliffside engagement pictures, because of the implication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

sticklefifer posted:

I never understood why the Intercontinental title has Africa and Europe on it. It's "intercontinental" because it's supposed to represent North and South America, hence why the supposed tournament where Pat Patterson won it was in Brazil.

And technically it does represent Europe now too, ever since it was merged with the Euro title. But yeah, has it ever even been defended in Africa?