Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
I'm about finished with SR2 and what helped me was learning to use the L2 trigger to handbrake turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Yeah the car handling is poo poo in SR2. That was one of the great leaps forward in the new engine.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

My favorite thing was turning sharply with some of the trucks would make them bounce on their wheels from momentum. It was so adorable. :3:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ookiimarukochan posted:

It's NOT just you. The fact that there are so many racing missions just adds insult to injury.

Saints Row 1/2 racing protip: Get a lovely suburb family car, and customize it heavily. Your race opponents tend to get cars based on what you bring to the race, so if you show up in a fancy expensive sports car, they get them too. But if you show up in a total POS, they get poo poo. But yours is better because you've bought the upgrades for it at Rim Jobs.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
For the lark I just picked up a copy of Saints Row 1. In the first car I drove I reversed on to a kerb and was launched thirty feet in the air. It's pretty interesting to see Stillwater as it used to be and see the first revision of this series though.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just got SR4, some questions:

Did they replace grenades with the super powers? Or can I still get grenades somewhere?

I've pretty much abandoned cars for super sprint/jump. Is there a way to still listen to the radio while I run on foot?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Madcosby posted:

Just got SR4, some questions:

Did they replace grenades with the super powers? Or can I still get grenades somewhere?

I've pretty much abandoned cars for super sprint/jump. Is there a way to still listen to the radio while I run on foot?

No grenades. Just powers. You should be able to listen to the radio on foot. It's controlled from the weapon selection screen.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hank Morgan posted:

No grenades. Just powers. You should be able to listen to the radio on foot. It's controlled from the weapon selection screen.

My hero. [,] and [.] for radio on keyboard. Now my game of just flying around collecting clusters just turned awesomer

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Madcosby posted:

My hero. [,] and [.] for radio on keyboard. Now my game of just flying around collecting clusters just turned awesomer

I believe you meant to say data biscuits. :colbert:

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Kaethela posted:

I believe you meant to say data biscuits. :colbert:

I think you mean Data Clumps.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
They're power balls you nerds, what the hell are you even on about. :smug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Light Gun Man posted:

Saints Row 1/2 racing protip: Get a lovely suburb family car, and customize it heavily. Your race opponents tend to get cars based on what you bring to the race, so if you show up in a fancy expensive sports car, they get them too. But if you show up in a total POS, they get poo poo. But yours is better because you've bought the upgrades for it at Rim Jobs.

I did this for a few races one time I was playing SR2, but since you can't tell what sort of vehicle a race uses without starting it it's a real pain in the arse. You get your car, drive it to the start location, and suddenly you're one a motorbike and have to cancel the race, go back to your crib, get the car again, and try the next one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How am I supposed to fight Paul? The eyebeams go straight through cover (even inside the building) and ignore elevation to cause massive damage.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
Dumb Saints' Row The Third question: how/when do I unlock "homies", ie. NPC assistants? I need some help taking out the gangs of crazy teleporting ninjas.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

The Lone Badger posted:

How am I supposed to fight Paul? The eyebeams go straight through cover (even inside the building) and ignore elevation to cause massive damage.
Standing behind the pool wall where Pierce and the ammo crate is should shield you from most of the damage from the eyebeams (but some may still creep through). Inbetween is when you should make ammo runs to the crate by Paul, then haul rear end back to Pierce to actually fire off the RPG.

Hatter106 posted:

Dumb Saints' Row The Third question: how/when do I unlock "homies", ie. NPC assistants? I need some help taking out the gangs of crazy teleporting ninjas.
Do more storyline missions and more homie options will open up on your phone. You can also recruit random Saints around the city by hitting Z (on PC) near them. Some homies will be unavailable to call, though, usually when they're the ones offering the next story mission.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Standing behind the pool wall where Pierce and the ammo crate is should shield you from most of the damage from the eyebeams (but some may still creep through).

I still lose about 50% of my health, even when crouching.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Lone Badger posted:

Run away. Might be remembering this wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you can just dodge it the same way you do the rubble.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah. That fight is pretty much a one hit kill. Just keep moving and channel your :darksouls:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hatter106 posted:

The fire upgrade for the SMGs helped me big time for those enemies. And all enemies.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Anyone unable to launch their game at all after the latest patch? Verified my installation, rand the manual installers, deleted my app cache, nothing.

Edit: Deleted and reinstalling now. Guess this evening is shot.

Now the game starts to launch and then just vanishes. What the gently caress?

Turns out it's a Xonar conflict. gently caress me, sound cards really are the worst.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 28, 2013

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ok the Asha recruitment mission was hilarious.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Lone Badger posted:

Puckish rogue! :argh:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm really happy I died in it at least once.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
The Johnny Gat rescue does something I wish more games would do. It lets you create a character, then changes the art style, but extrapolates your created character to the new art-style. I've always wanted to see a game do that and it's a really cool effect to see in action.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That sort of thing can be ridiculously intensive in production resources, SRIV did it because it was possible with the right graphics filter and animation.

Jtomeo
Jan 10, 2003
Is there a reliable location to pick up a thump gun? I'm about half way through the game and haven't seen one drop from a Zin yet. Friendly fire doesn't seem to sell it either.

Edit: Figures, a minute after posting this I found like 4 of them at a flashpoint. The jumping Zin drop them apparently.

Jtomeo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 29, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Okay guys, which one of you bought me the new AV? I'm not sure what I did to deserve Soundwave.

I haven't been around because I've been chronically-broke for the past two months and haven't been able to buy the game because all my available money is going to keeping me in my apartment and/or looking for a job. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats loving Shockwave you jerk!

Though at least your avatar still has a huge chest.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Thats loving Shockwave you jerk!

Though at least your avatar still has a huge chest.

Sue me. I was going by memory instead of looking it up on some TF wiki.

But yeah, whoever made it kept that idea of the chest busting out of the AV frame. So, kudos.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Young Freud posted:

Sue me. I was going by memory instead of looking it up on some TF wiki.

But yeah, whoever made it kept that idea of the chest busting out of the AV frame. So, kudos.

Whoever got this for Young Freud, seriously :golfclap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzJ44Ph8gyY

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Rocketlex posted:

The Johnny Gat rescue does something I wish more games would do. It lets you create a character, then changes the art style, but extrapolates your created character to the new art-style. I've always wanted to see a game do that and it's a really cool effect to see in action.

Well it's still a 3d model. Just with frame skipping animations and a pixelation filter... but I concur it's pulled off flawlessly.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Seems like there should have been an announcement for the first DLC by now, '45 days after release' is like... Tuesday. Maybe they're waiting for all the hype for GTA to die down a little bit?

obfuscobble
Jun 3, 2011

Young Freud posted:

It was me! I got tired of the defacement of your classic icon, and so in the interest of restoring border-bursting-boobage I drew this for you. It was only... logical.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

One and the Same posted:

Seems like there should have been an announcement for the first DLC by now, '45 days after release' is like... Tuesday. Maybe they're waiting for all the hype for GTA to die down a little bit?

Saints Row IV DLC Watch: Your no PC version of GTA V Lamentation Station.

:cry: Oh God, I need a fix! :cry:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

GTA V is fun and all, but when I play it I just keep thinking I should be playing SR2 instead. So I did. Played seven hours straight and had a loving blast. This game :allears:

Also managed my best parking job thus far:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Earlier while driving I was thinking about Saints Row and places it could go. My brain told me that I want them to make an enhanced remake of the first two games together in one game, during the next generation of consoles, for all that extra RAM and whatnot. What should be added? Absolutely stupid levels of customization. I want to be able to customize my blinged out teeth, individually per tooth. I want to spend 50,000 dollars on the sound system for a golf cart. I want my homies' guns to be loaded with bullets with fleurs-de-lis on them. Stupid little things like that to illustrate the Saints rising up from nothing to owning Ultor.

OK well obviously this is dumb dreaming here but the idea amused me anyway.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Clitch posted:

Saints Row IV DLC Watch: Your no PC version of GTA V Lamentation Station.

:cry: Oh God, I need a fix! :cry:

GTA V PC is getting a release on November 22, actually. :shepface:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

obfuscobble posted:

It was me! I got tired of the defacement of your classic icon, and so in the interest of restoring border-bursting-boobage I drew this for you. It was only... logical.

Hahaha. I was just wondering what had happened. I know that the reason I got my original icon changed was because I posted in the Rastabanana thread in GBS and had planned to do a new one for either SR4 or Shadowrun Returns, but had neither time or money all of a sudden.

Anyway, thank you. And thank you for introducing me to the Amazing Adventures of the Transformers. I will need to remember this so I may repay you one day.

BTW, has anyone heard of when the mod tools may be released? I'm trying to talk a group of friends from continuing to use Postal 2 in favor of something more modern, be it SR3/4 or GTA4.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Also managed my best parking job thus far:

These are my favourites.

It's between the lines, what's to complain about?

It takes up less space this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

One and the Same posted:

GTA V PC is getting a release on November 22, actually. :shepface:

Only one niche site has said that. I highly doubt its true.

• Locked thread