Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I literally just found it and used that knowledge on some other thread when you replied. Thanks, the Ape of Naples!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
There's another thread where people talk about I4H? Spill it

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Edit: wrong thread!

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 15, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Zsinjeh posted:

There's another thread where people talk about I4H? Spill it

It's a thread where we discuss the vegan-only eCunnilingus thing. It's the Tumblr thread over at PYF.

don't go there

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh man, Jon Gabrus has to be on more Reality Show Show epiodes. The entire guest segment had me crying with them talking about 'Worlds Worst Tenants'

toanoradian posted:

It's a thread where we discuss the vegan-only eCunnilingus thing. It's the Tumblr thread over at PYF.

don't go there
:stare:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone catch Hayes saying "This is our second to last show" right after the intro? I dunno if he was joking or what but I don't want RSS to ever stop

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

If RSS ever stops I'm going to scream :mad:

e: Whoa yeah he did say it, but right after they went into a bit about being hailed like a tv-show going off air with tumblr and gifs sooo...

e2: Just speculating on their popularity I'm not sure how to get the word out, I've been trying to get friends on it but they tune out the second I say "well they talk about reality show-...NO WAIT COME BACK"

Pretty much anyone that is into CBB and I4H would be all over RSS.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Sep 17, 2013

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Interesting RSS "news" from their forum

First Hayes

quote:

Hey guys. Wanted to clarify my comment about it being the second-to-last episode of the reality SHOW show. I said that because: it was! But we're going to do a new show instead.

Here's the story: a couple weeks ago, we got a (conference) call from Jeff Ulrich and Scott Anchorman. It turns out they had been listening to the raw feeds from our records, where before the show Sean and I dish on Hollywood from an insider's perspective and offer whichever engineer is working that day tips on how to survive this crazy business. Jeff and Scott found themselves using our insights in their own struggles with the entertainment industry, so they called to ask us if they could release those conversations as a separate podcast.

We went back and forth a few times but once we settled on the numbers, we agreed to do a new podcast focusing on Sean's and my success in the Hollywood business sphere, and reaching down to help others get to where we and our famous guests have gotten. We think it will be a great show, but also a GOOD show, you know? And hopefully it will help us avoid the issue of everyone hating reality television.

After this Tuesday's final episode of RSS, we'll debut the new one very soon, and we would really appreciate if you guys brought your listening and forum-posting business there. Sorry if you only listened to us because of the reality show discussions. Can't say what the money was or the number of figu7es but I don't think you'd have turned it down. We will still talk about reality shows on the forums if you want. And thank you! We really appreciate everything.

Then Sean

quote:

Hey gang,

I just got off a Multi-Skype with Hayes's management team and it sounds like what he's saying is true. My management team has been dealing with some other (bigger) stuff this week, so they didn't wanna bother me, but they tell me that I am excited about this new direction for the show, and I don't think I care enough to disagree.

The following is a prepared statement written by my 3rd assistant, Blenjamin:

Mr. Clements appreciates all of the posts from the loyal RSS followers, and he has loved connecting with listeners over the past 38 episodes. He is hopeful that the relationship built between superstar host and no kind of star admirer was based less on reality shows (which a lot of people think are so stupid that they won't even check out one episode of a podcast about them), than on how cool and smart and funny and cool he seems. He also wants to make entirely sure that the format was the show's biggest hindrance and that it was not, as was often whispered on these forums, a general distatste for Hayes.

The new show will be fun, and hopefully it will bring in all kinds of new forum friends so the threads easily reach hot status, en fuego status, and ultimately Habanero status. Our greatest wish is that a year from now you all abandon us and talk about how you listened to our old show back when we were ACTUALLY funny and less commercial, but that we can't hear you complaining because we have our cans turned all the way up and Grenier is just ON IT, just RIFFIN'

But, like everything else they say, who knows if it's for real.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Well that sounds...good I guess :ohdear:
I love those guys so I'm not afraid about the new show (if it's happening) but I'm really going to miss them riffing on soundbites from some of the dumbest people I've ever heard alive. I just hope it's not going to be another several week hiatus. CBB and I4H are really great, but they're not always excellent every single week without fail like RSS and I need my fix!

e:
Called it :smug::respek::smith:

Zsinjeh posted:

e2: Just speculating on their popularity I'm not sure how to get the word out, I've been trying to get friends on it but they tune out the second I say "well they talk about reality show-...NO WAIT COME BACK"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I don't know if I can listen to the new show and open myself up to a repeat of the heartbreak they just caused.

I'm just glad that nobody pulled the plug on the other podcasts I like when they they were starting out, and I will certainly be less enthusiastic now about new Earwolf podcasts.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
What was this weeks VPN?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Fezz posted:

What was this weeks VPN?

It was Who Charted with Jason Mantzoukas. Pretty great episode, too.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

I don't know if I can listen to the new show and open myself up to a repeat of the heartbreak they just caused.

I'm just glad that nobody pulled the plug on the other podcasts I like when they they were starting out, and I will certainly be less enthusiastic now about new Earwolf podcasts.

Yeah good point, I never do things I like unless I know I can do them forever either

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Well if it's not a very elaborate joke with no real punchline that was definetely the last RSS episode, R.I.P.D, you burned too bright for this world :smith:

But hey, finally Lauren Lapkus is on! And we get a new show hopefully next week!

e: Currently screaming irl

Zsinjeh posted:

If RSS ever stops I'm going to scream :mad:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 24, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's just a Kaufmanesque bit, and just like Andy Kaufman, the show is really dead.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 24, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jeff ulrich ur ded @ gooncon

e: a bunch of stuff has gone all wrong today and I'm blaming it solely on RSS going away. Cleared out my entire closet to build a new one and the new furniture was broken on delivery :mad:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 24, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm disappointed that The Reality Show Show has been lemonaded but hopefully the new show will be even better (or at least as good). Like many RSS fans, I don't even watch reality shows, so as long as they have something to build their show around I have high hopes for the new one.

Zsinjeh posted:

And we get a new show hopefully next week!

Hopefully. My biggest concern is that there could be a long layoff before the new show comes out. I've come to anticipate the release of the new RSS as much as I do Comedy Bang Bang.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 25, 2013

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
You guys listened to the latest Ask the UCB from Besser yet? I wonder which podcast he was referring to, the Earwolf forum speculated that it was the CBB's episode with Jay Mohr.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I'm getting a bit more mixed feelings about the new show. The thing I really loved about RSS was how they deconstructed or tried to rationalize the incredibly dumb soundbites from shows. And they did it so well you didn't even have to watch it. One of my favorite bits was actually that one crazy lady that called in complaining about other callers who didn't watch the shows and discuss in depth about them.

Without that interaction doesn't it run the risk of becoming 'just' a CBB/I4H clone?

The discussion of 30 companies line was hilarious and made the second listen even better.
"I HAVE A BMW, A PORSCHE, A MONSTER TRUCK, A HOUSE AND 30 COMPANIES, SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIIICK"

davidHalestorm posted:

You guys listened to the latest Ask the UCB from Besser yet? I wonder which podcast he was referring to, the Earwolf forum speculated that it was the CBB's episode with Jay Mohr.
I started on it last night but I wasn't really in the mood for a non-comedy ep so I quit early when he started to rant against Whose Line :v:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

davidHalestorm posted:

What did he say?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I'm getting a bit more mixed feelings about the new show. The thing I really loved about RSS was how they deconstructed or tried to rationalize the incredibly dumb soundbites from shows. And they did it so well you didn't even have to watch it. One of my favorite bits was actually that one crazy lady that called in complaining about other callers who didn't watch the shows and discuss in depth about them.

Without that interaction doesn't it run the risk of becoming 'just' a CBB/I4H clone?

You should probably wait until they actually release an episode of it, I don't think there's really enough to go on at the moment. They're both super funny guys so I'm sure it'll be good.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

You should probably wait until they actually release an episode of it, I don't think there's really enough to go on at the moment. They're both super funny guys so I'm sure it'll be good.
Yeah I was going to add in there that I'm witholding my actual review/judgment until I hear it but I forgot. The guys are hilarious but I'm only afraid that maybe I'm having most of my fun with their antics on soundbytes and discussion of really, really, dumb reality people.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beeez posted:

What did he say?

He says he was on a podcast recently with a more stand-up oriented comic who was cutting off his long-form improv stuff to inject his own quips. It's part of a longer, somewhat meandering rant about short-form vs. long-form improv that's pretty interesting.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I liked the latest I4H, mainly because I share the same frustration Besser does with explaining why I like "improv" comedy to people who only know short-form.

It's frustrating to explain that in a casual conversation, within in a fly-over state. I'm sure it really sucks for Besser and the UCB guys to have to explain that in LA.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I went to an improv show at the Fringe Festival this past month, and the performers were just doing Whose Line-style games. Which I would have loved a few years ago, but now I4H has spoiled me :smith:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Listening to Besser try and decode somebody else's jargon only to reveal the secret message is "gently caress UCB" was great.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

He says he was on a podcast recently with a more stand-up oriented comic who was cutting off his long-form improv stuff to inject his own quips. It's part of a longer, somewhat meandering rant about short-form vs. long-form improv that's pretty interesting.

That's funny, I thought I could sense some annoyance on that Jay Mohr episode coming from Besser, but I thought I might've been imagining things when no one else mentioned it.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Beeez posted:

That's funny, I thought I could sense some annoyance on that Jay Mohr episode coming from Besser, but I thought I might've been imagining things when no one else mentioned it.

Besser loves to bitch, if you haven't figured that out yet I don't know what to tell you. I find it entertaining, and not in a hokey lewis black sort of way.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

davidHalestorm posted:

That's a good guess but I thought Jay was strangely subdued for that episode. At least for Jay Mohr.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That's a good guess but I thought Jay was strangely subdued for that episode. At least for Jay Mohr.

I've noticed from listening to podcasts that Jay Mohr has really changed in recent years. He's a lot more mellow and seems a lot more humble than he used to be. He's also a lot funnier when he's not making GBS threads on people.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I know not everyone listens to Two Charted but skip to about 19 minutes in and check out their new sponsor. Pepperjack Hymen.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Hollis Brown posted:

Besser loves to bitch, if you haven't figured that out yet I don't know what to tell you. I find it entertaining, and not in a hokey lewis black sort of way.

I'm aware of it, I didn't mean to imply I was surprised he complained. Still a fan of his.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

The reality show show guys are really funny and I'm sure they can do good jokes on things that aren't reality tv. don't worry everyone

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The analysis of the 'Tom Petty beard falling off' scene at the end of the I4H best of episode was amazing.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Yeah, I never got the impression that Paul Rust was actually angry. He was just having fun.

It was a really interesting conversation. I was so sure that Besser was going to misunderstand/misremember some important detail likes he's done before, but he didn't.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

tnimark posted:

The analysis of the 'Tom Petty beard falling off' scene at the end of the I4H best of episode was amazing.

Yeah that was really great. Paul Rust is awesome.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Any fans of the new Cracked podcast they launched a couple of weeks back? I'm really liking it so far, they have a decent mix of real discussions but they have a great sense of humor in it. A bit bummed this Monday didn't have a new episode though :(

The Loss of Privacy episode really resonated with me. They talk with a writer on the site about the latest generation of people born in the 90's never seem to be upset about constant surveillance and that the new norm is to be labeled as crazy or tinfoil when you don't want the new Xbox Kinect to always be turned on and always listening.

e: I keep forgetting there's a general Podcast recomendation and talk thread, but I figured since it's an earwolf show..

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Hopefully this doesn't belong in a TVIV thread, but Earwolf is producing an IFC show with James Adomian starring as multiple characters

Splitsider posted:

In addition to announcing a Garfunkel and Oates TV series this morning, IFC also released info on a new TV project co-created by and starring James Adomian, produced by the new TV wing of Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ullrich's podcast network Earwolf.

Called The Embassy, the potential series is being written by Adomian and Aukerman and it's set in the Washington, D.C., embassy of a fictional country called Costa Verde, following a hacktivist who's trying to be granted asylum.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

This is excellent news, now I can get my Adomian fix visually as well as through my earholes! Sponsored by Pepsi NextTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

As much as I hate that Pepsi Next ad I'm glad it happened, it really has solidified the Earwolf fans into a having a common nemesis. I'm going to hear that thing repeated in my head on my deathbed.