Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Well I got my level 58, but none of my items. Wonder how long it'll take for EME to give me my welfare gear in the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kevlar Beard posted:

Well I got my level 58, but none of my items. Wonder how long it'll take for EME to give me my welfare gear in the mail.

Gear got relegated to second duty because they were apparently overloading their laptop(s) with the script to change everyones .Levelup characters to 58.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

So I assume the namechange vouchers are also second priority?

I bet that if you stocked up on lvl 58 gear you would be making a killing at the brokerage right now.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Still probably a lot more effort than getting lucky and selling a WH/SF weapon though. :v: I bet you agnitor and abyss prices are going to rise fairly soon too.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I just started playing this. Anyone know the attack speed gear I should be looking out for as I level a Sorcerer?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I just started playing this. Anyone know the attack speed gear I should be looking out for as I level a Sorcerer?

I don't think you need to pay much attention to gear till you're 60. Your weapon box will provide with gear till 45 and after that you can buy cheap Orange gear at level 44/50/54/58 for weapons, and jewels at 40, 45, and 50. They are all under 100 gold (around 30-80) and after you hit 30 you can queue CS (a battleground) for the daily quest which gives massive amount of gold/XP.

rage at me
Mar 7, 2006

i can feel your anger
On a whim I installed this yesterday, then I found out there was a free level up thing going on and I missed the cutoff by one day. :negative:

Anyway I was curious about class balance and don't really see it addressed anywhere in the OP or the last few pages. How does it class balance work (pvp) -- Is there a rock paper scissors thing going on between classes or is everybody pretty much on even footing? If I want to be a good duelist what should I pick?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's mostly even footing. Zerkers are really terrible at duelling but you won't be duelling in this game much anyways. Most of the PVP is in team matches. Every class is quite viable with Lancers being the one that can be considered the strongest, though I've been playing a Slayer before the buff (where they were considered one of the worst classes) in 3s and got decent rating before I quit/took a break. Actual fun PVP (3v3, OW) has a high entry requirement since you need lots of practice and gear but don't let that discourage you. Once you get into it it's really fun and probably the only PVP in a MMO that I actually enjoyed.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Wassbix posted:

Your weapon box will provide with gear till 45 and after that you can buy cheap Orange gear at level 44/50/54/58 for weapons, and jewels at 40, 45, and 50. They are all under 100 gold (around 30-80).

Be warned. Tier 11 and 12 gear is now horrifically expensive. Its probably a cynical attempt from alot of players to cash in on the sudden influx of low information level 58s that have flooded into the endgame.

Those worthless, obsolete drops you get for 3 manning Kelsaik's Nest like the amulet Divine Ending? Well that crap is now on the order of 100 to 300 times more expensive than it was last week.

A week ago Divine Ending cost less than 3g on the broker and was (in my opinion) unsellable, which is pretty much the case for all gold jewelry that drops in instances that can be queued at level 60.

Divine Ending is now an easy sell at 350g. Everything I got from our DGKK KN3M yesterday sold for exorbitant prices.

My Priest is level 55 and the first time I noticed this was when I got my Sky Garden gear and started enchanting it but the fodder was insanely overpriced.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
How are people at level 58 even able to play?

The lag is freaking terrible. Look at what happened in WHHM last night:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Be warned. Tier 11 and 12 gear is now horrifically expensive. Its probably a cynical attempt from alot of players to cash in on the sudden influx of low information level 58s that have flooded into the endgame.

Those worthless, obsolete drops you get for 3 manning Kelsaik's Nest like the amulet Divine Ending? Well that crap is now on the order of 100 to 300 times more expensive than it was last week.

A week ago Divine Ending cost less than 3g on the broker and was (in my opinion) unsellable, which is pretty much the case for all gold jewelry that drops in instances that can be queued at level 60.

Divine Ending is now an easy sell at 350g. Everything I got from our DGKK KN3M yesterday sold for exorbitant prices.

My Priest is level 55 and the first time I noticed this was when I got my Sky Garden gear and started enchanting it but the fodder was insanely overpriced.

They get everything but the jewels, I managed to sell bunch of lvl 20-50 white jewels for 199-499 gold for people trying to atleast gear for CS and made around 6k last night. It was really gross. I wish I didn't work and had all day to just buy out the broker :( could've cleared 10-20k easily.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Isn't it a dumb idea to buy the level 58 gear anyway, since the initial 58 quests give you an entire set of gear for doing easy rear end quests? Then again, pubbies. :v:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Lyer posted:

Isn't it a dumb idea to buy the level 58 gear anyway, since the initial 58 quests give you an entire set of gear for doing easy rear end quests? Then again, pubbies. :v:

Its really goofy they sent every type of armour/weapon but forgot to give the players any piece of jewelry.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
kTERA patch notes:
"Fixed the issue where players were able to used the "jump macro" to skip terrain and obstacles."

RIP mountaineering. Honestly that may be a dealbreaker for me, because it's fun and challenging. Hopefully they just fix some instance skip exploits (but why? No point in making them tedious when you can kill the queen in 7 minutes flat) instead of breaking all climbing.

RIP alliance too: Their idiotic new reward system is winner-take-all for the mega-raid (aside from like 10 players who get paid for second place, and 1 who gets a trivial amount for third) so whichever faction wins the first time will have all the active players from then on.

Edit: In fact, the entire next patch is a mix of good and :psyduck: changes.

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/ktera-sept-26-patch-preview

They "fixed" crafting by getting rid of intermediate junk - great, but now how do you get your crafting levels up? And aside from conjunct which you make exactly once, there's still no reason for anything but alchemy - the entirety of 1-59 weapon/armor crafting (which was nearly worthless to begin with) is completely and utterly worthless due to the new 'best at level' weapon drop system.

Harik fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 26, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Harik posted:

kTERA patch notes:
"Fixed the issue where players were able to used the "jump macro" to skip terrain and obstacles."

RIP mountaineering. Honestly that may be a dealbreaker for me, because it's fun and challenging. Hopefully they just fix some instance skip exploits (but why? No point in making them tedious when you can kill the queen in 7 minutes flat) instead of breaking all climbing.

RIP alliance too: Their idiotic new reward system is winner-take-all for the mega-raid (aside from like 10 players who get paid for second place, and 1 who gets a trivial amount for third) so whichever faction wins the first time will have all the active players from then on.

Edit: In fact, the entire next patch is a mix of good and :psyduck: changes.

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/ktera-sept-26-patch-preview

They "fixed" crafting by getting rid of intermediate junk - great, but now how do you get your crafting levels up? And aside from conjunct which you make exactly once, there's still no reason for anything but alchemy - the entirety of 1-59 weapon/armor crafting (which was nearly worthless to begin with) is completely and utterly worthless due to the new 'best at level' weapon drop system.

Only the players with the ranks listed below will be able to participate
Exarch (1)
Commanders (19)
Echelon I (30)
Echelon II (30)
Echelon III (40)

Doesn't this actually make it so you join the losing side and not the other way around.

Or atleast the least populated side.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I have absolutely no desire to do any of that alliance stuff outside of the solo vault. They've even stated that the vault is immensely popular, so hopefully they implement more solo stuff. I just don't see the appeal of the alliance stuff. If it was more like WvW in GW2, I'd give it a shot.

This game has the worst crafting I've ever seen in any mmo because there's no point to it. The crafting quests are a nice way for max level chars to level it, but outside of VM it's utterly useless. I think it would help if you are able to craft items that have the same visual look as the upper tier gear, that can be used as a template for remodeling and have different color schemes. Throw in all the poo poo that's used for making dyes to select the color and bam, you've basically made gathering and crafting somewhat useful.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh god double drop weekend:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Double-Drop-Weekend-Is-Back

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
What's the best place to farm masterwork alkahest and scrolls during double drop? Labyrinth of Terror?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

So does anyone in this thread know of anywhere to find concise, cogent explanations of things like "you're level 60 now, this is the order in which you need to do which things," or "this is what X instance is for," or "this is how to do X instance?"

Just ran Temple of Temerity and was more or less lost the entire time, though the potion mechanic was at least explained.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
The tera website itself is a good resource. Have a peek in the forums: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/player-guides

Also, Teratoday.com has good info.

My experience involved explanations and recommendations from in-game friends though. Maybe someone in-guild would be willing to give you advice?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
What was this about level58 characters?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Septimus posted:

What's the best place to farm masterwork alkahest and scrolls during double drop? Labyrinth of Terror?

Kelsaik's Nest Normal Mode by far. You should do this as a 2 man or 3 man. A Priest/Lancer can run this boss from beginning to end in about 5 minutes. With a rookie buff you get 4 Master Enigmatic Scrolls and 4 Masterwork Alkahest. Double those numbers for double drop weekend. The last double drop was actually triple drop because you got 12 MES and 12 MW Alk per run. The last triple drop weekend for the first day was actually quadruple drop (16 MES and 16 MW Alk).

Run KN in a 3 man with "free for all" looting. I normally do 3 runs at a time (as a 3 man or 4 runs as a 2 man) so every person gets a run where they loot everything. Typical clear time on 3 runs is 15 minutes where the DPS is +12 Regent or better.

There is no entry limit to Kelsaik's Nest and technically speaking there is no entry cooldown so you can run it as many times as you can stomach.

If you want to do this then you ideally want to be level 60 and wearing +9 Abyss/Jax/UTI. Level 58s can enter this dungeon but will not contribute much DPS and will probably get one shot by many of his attacks.

I would suggest buying a month of elite if you enjoy the game at the preliminary stages as this will get you 2000+ gold from today's round of Nexus/Daily Quests. You will be given a guaranteed 150 spellbinds which will sell for 50g each and 10 strongbox keys which are going for about 500g each.

This is enough cash to outright buy Abyss gear and +6 it at the very least.

I wish they would run this double drop weekend next week to give people more time to fast level their 58s and get them in entry level gear but this it is what it is.

I'll carry another lowbie party for alliance dailies and run another CS daily when I get home. Thats about 70 to 90 million exp.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 27, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

LonsomeSon posted:

So does anyone in this thread know of anywhere to find concise, cogent explanations of things like "you're level 60 now, this is the order in which you need to do which things," or "this is what X instance is for," or "this is how to do X instance?"

Just ran Temple of Temerity and was more or less lost the entire time, though the potion mechanic was at least explained.

Ok this is how Temple of Temerity works:

There are 3 rooms, north room, central chamber and south room. You spawn in the central chamber and there is a crystal in the middle of the room. You must protect the crystal for 20 minutes from waves of normal monsters that spawn from the south room.

The north room occasionally spawns a boss monster. The reward for this dungeon depends on how many boss monsters you kill. There are 3 bosses and for each boss you kill, you get 1 chest that contains Practicum Badges and Dire Badges.

These badges can be sold for decent money but new 58s will want to trade them in to the token vendor in Kaiator for advanced glyphs. During double drop weekend you get double the amount of badges so its absolutely worth doing running it this weekend but only if you can handle it. If you can't, your party will fail, it will be your fault and people will yell at you.

The boss monsters never leave the north room so you have to send someone into the north room to kill the BAM but theres a gimmick. When you enter the north room you get hit with a curse that prevents you from using any skills.

This is where the potion comes in. When you enter Temple of Temerity you always talk to the npc in the central chamber and get the potion from him. Do NOT drink this potion right away. The potion grants 3 minutes of immunity to the curse and lets you go into the north room and use your skills so you can kill the BAM. The potion has a 20 minute cooldown so each party member can only use 1 potion to kill 1 BAM, after which the only thing they can do is go back to the central chamber and protect the crystal.

Parties typically approach this dungeon with 3 DPS, 1 tank and 1 healer. The 3 DPS must be able to solo a BAM. The archetypes are Kumas, Hermit Crab and Giant Spider. You will need to know these archetypes and when its safe to attack. Bring health potions. The healer cant heal you in the boss room without using a potion.

At the start of the dungeon the DPS players choose which boss they will solo. When you see the message pop up that a boss is "approaching" you go into the north room, pop your potion and kill the BAM.

Things get hosed up when a DPS can't kill his BAM within 3 minutes. It means that someone else has to go into the north room and use their potion to finish it off.

This is likely to happen if playing with new DPS in bad gear so we typically uhhh, cheat. We have 1 geared DPS kill all 3 bosses in 1 potion. This is possible because when you close the game, the potion timer stops, so you kill the first boss in under a minute, force quit the game, start up the game 3 minutes later, kill the second boss in under a minute, log out, wait 3 minutes, log back in and kill the last boss.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 27, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
What to do when you hit level 60:

1) Go to Zulfikar Fortress and pick up the quest "On behalf of the Shariar". The reward for this quest is a Crossed Setting (level 55 gold ring with a zyrk slot). After that go to Pathfinder Post and pick up the quest "Gratitude of the Invalesco". The reward for this quest is another Crossed Setting.

When you equip Crossed Settings they do not bind to your character so once you get better rings, sell them on the broker for 300 gold each.

2) Do your Unified Theory Institute and Jax Trust daily quests. These are green exclamation mark quests in Allemanthea and Cuthroat Harbour respectively.

These quests give around 43 to 50 gold each and some faction rep/credits. Both of these can be doubled with 100% quest god/rep boosters.

Credits can be traded into a vendor that gives free gear. You want the UTI chestpiece if you are a magic class and the Jax chestpiece if you are a tactics class. Get the weapon too if you cant afford anything better at this stage.

3) Do your Corsair's Stronghold daily. This is 20 vs 20 pvp where everyone is wearing Fraywind equivalent gear. Winning a match once per day counts as a green daily quest which gives 90 gold and a strongbox key (500 gold). You will also get Bellicarium credits and killing spree credits. Bellicarium and Killing Spree are the PvP factions in Tera and they have vendors in all major cities. You want to spend your Bellicarium credits on Earrings (Wind's whisper) and Rings (Conquer Ring). Once you have them you should spend the credits on glyph boxes.

4) The goal is to get your character's ilvl to 145. This can be achieved with nothing by just doing your dailies to get cash so you can buy Abyss gear from the broker. To see your ilvl, open your character sheet and look in the bottom left corner. Getting ilvl 145 lets you enter the Nexus Traverse which is super easy and gives alot of gold and Agnitor credits. You can trade in Agnitor credits for Master Enigmatic Scrolls which you should sell until you are in +9 Abyss equivalent. These are the start times for the Nexus event and you will want to go to as many of these as possible.

5) Whilst working on all of the above, make sure to do the Valsekyr Hunt daily quests in Kanstria. Whilst doing these quests you will kill normal Argon monsters. They will sometimes drop a blue item called "Argon Essence". You can combine these with an item purchased from the Cyasma token vendor in Kanstria to create a Cyasma token. You can trade in these tokens for Steadfast gear which is the lowest tier of the "new" gear. The new gear has different stat distribution to the old gear but a full set is much better than a full set of Abyss. It is also easily masterworked so you don't have to use many Master Enigmatic Scrolls on them to unlock +10 to +12 enchantment lines.

You can only hold 1 Argon Essence at a time and you can only make 1 Cyasma token per day so don't try to farm these. Its time gated. This means that it will take a week to get Steadfast gloves/boots unless you have multiple 60s, but its free gear for almost no effort.

6) Once you have Jax/UTI/random t14 gear, you should run Argon Corpus. This dungeon drops Abyss gear. The goal is to get full +9 Abyss and your free Steadfast pieces from the token vendor. In time, you will want to completely replace Abyss with Steadfast. +9 Abyss is strictly speaking "enough" to do all PvE content in the game.

7) At this point you should run solo Vault in the Alliance HQ and start filling out your Earrings and Rings with Noctenium ones. You want to have 4x zyrk slots. Vault requires you to solo a BAM so try it and if you can't handle it, come back later when you have enchanted your gear a bit higher.

If you know a geared level 60, you should buy "vault tickets" from the broker and join the 5 man vault since the geared 60 can solo the BAM and the rest can get free jewelry.

8) Do Crucible of Flame for a necklace called "Heartshare Pendant". You should read a guide and stick to Mark 1 until you know the mechanics well enough to handle a Mark 2 Cyclops.

You also should run Temple of Temerity as you should now have more than enough DPS to solo BAMs. If you are a Mystic you can do this dungeon in zero gear, because all you need to do is poo poo balls, turn Crit Aura on and stand in the boss room doing nothing whilst a DPS kills the BAM.

9) Once you have an ilvl roughly from 157 to 159, you should be ready to do any dungeons so hit me up for learning runs if you want the lowdown on mechanics.

Keep doing your Corsair daily if you enjoy pvp. You will rack up alot of credits which will allow you to craft Conjunct and then Strikeforce pvp gear. Please note that Conjunct gloves and boots are perfectly adequate for PvE and they are a reagent in crafting Strikeforce. Strikeforce gloves and boots can be used for PvE. So keep collecting Bellicarium and Killing Spree credits.

Endgame PvE gear will probably look like this:

Zenith Earrings (Channelworks, Shattered Fleet)
Zenith Necklace (Channelworks, Shattered Fleet)
Wonderholme Weapon (Wonderholme Hard Mode)
Wonderholme Chest (Wonderholme Hard Mode)
Strikeforce Gloves (Corsair's Stronhold, Fraywind Canyon, Champion's Skyring)
Strikeforce Boots (Corsair's Stronhold, Fraywind Canyon, Champion's Skyring)
Vault Rings (Alliance Vault)

Getting the gear isn't that time consuming or expensive. However masterworking and enchanting it can be very time consuming and expensive. You will eventually want to +12 everything.

The best gear in the game (Strikeforce and Nightforge) are crafted so you will want to level up your crafting skills. These can be done easily in an hour by doing the crafting quests from the notice board in major cities. Remember to get your gathering up to 300. This can be done in alliance territory whilst getting quest gold. When you get 300 gathering in ores, essences and plants, you unlock extra inventory rows (more bag space!) and you get some stupid looking hats, one of which is a flower growing out of the top of your head.

Do NOT queue for any non equalized PvP zones like Fraywind Canyon and Champion's Skyring until you get high level pvp gear. Your team will get destroyed, it will be your fault and you will get yelled at.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 27, 2013

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Kortel posted:

What was this about level58 characters?

Last weekend eme would auto level a char for you to level 58 if you created a char with a .Levelup in part of the name. They were testing a script of some sort and a bunch of people tried it out. I have a welfare lancer I haven't touched yet. :v:

I honestly wouldn't spend any gold on abyss gear right now, especially after the level 58 thing. I bought an abyss weapon for my lancer for 1k before the weekend and now it's sitting at 4.4k. Is it possible for you to hit 154 with a jax/uti chest and agnitor gloves/boots/weapon? If so, couldn't you just run KG with that gear for molten tokens for the steadfast set in addition to the cyasma tokens?

E: Does Baldur's Temple solo drop MES or Alks?

Lyer fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 27, 2013

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Bought a boxed copy for the sell-able mount. Having trouble assigning the code to my account. Have to go through CS after the .Levelup thing.

:negative:

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 28, 2013

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Wassbix posted:

Only the players with the ranks listed below will be able to participate
Exarch (1)
Commanders (19)
Echelon I (30)
Echelon II (30)
Echelon III (40)

Doesn't this actually make it so you join the losing side and not the other way around.

Or atleast the least populated side.

No, because only the exarch and commanders get anything at all on the losing side. So those other 100 players get nothing at all for participating.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Wow double drop is fantastic for KG, I got 18 molten tokens between 2 characters.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So Wanderingkid, I finally hit 60 on my archer and I have around 50k bellicarium spread across a few characters, is there way to craft conjunct without doing Nexus?

Also, on a dumb dare opened 50 boxes instead of selling on AH and I think I got like 2k worth of stuff :smith: so many charms....

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
No, you have to do Nexus for the material called "Agnitor Plaigeoclase". It costs 5000 credits and is untradeable. Check the Nexus Schedule here and PM me about half an hour before the start time. All times are Pacific Standard Time. I'll get you into a Nexus raid and explain whats going on.

You do not need to do many of these raids if you are double rep boosting. For instance, I got 7000 credits from the Nexus this morning and it only took 23 minutes.

I helped Sync gear up his Priest yesterday from scratch and for less than 10k gold, he got +9 Agnitor weapon, +9 Agnitor chest, +8 Agnitor gloves and +6 Agnitor boots. Full compliment of perfectly rolled BG jewellery. His ilvl was 155 and the whole process took less than an hour.

BG jewellery is insanely cheap now. Its only 200 Bellicarium credits for each Wind's Whisper and Conquer ring so just keep buying them until you get the following:

Wind's Whisper: 10% decreased stun/HP Resto or 10% decreased stun/decreased poison
Conquer Ring: +3% damage with double crit mod or double crit rate

Then I would buy Agnitor gloves/boots, 2 Agnitor Plaigeoclases (10,000 Agnitor credits). Then I would buy Fraywind gloves/boots and 2 Victor's Orthoclases (4,400 Bellicarium credits). I would craft conjunct gloves/boots. Then I would buy another 6 Victor's Plageoclases (13,200 Bellicarium credits) and 2 Dreamstriker Ores (3600 Killing Spree credits). Now you can craft Strikeforce gloves/boots. You may use these for pve so get them to +6 at least.

For your weapon you should buy a "Boundless Reach" for 1k on the broker. You should +9 this first. If you need to borrow Agnitor credits I can buy the rep gear for you, but I can't buy the Plaigeoclases as they are non tradeable. I can donate fodder and alkahest for enchanting. You should have an ilvl of 155 to 157. At this point I can give you the guided tour of Tera dungeons.

If you have alot of BG points spare, I would buy Archer glyph boxes as you need your advanced glyphs. Its worth running Temple of Temerity this weekend because of double badge drops, but you can always save the badges to get advanced glyphs on your lancer. Or sell them for quick money.

Sarren
Apr 13, 2004
Aw, I missed the levelup event and I just wanted to start playing :/

does it take a long time to level up to 60?

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!

Sarren posted:

Aw, I missed the levelup event and I just wanted to start playing :/

does it take a long time to level up to 60?

If you really go at it, you can hit 60 in just over a day played. Your first time you are probably looking at 3-4 days.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So I'm conflicted- I'm playing a bit more on my zerker and I have a +9 MW regent. Do I just go on and +12 it or just save up for a Wonderholme axe and +12 that instead?

I'm looking at some of the new armour for sure. What are all the possible mods on the chest, cause I have +9 regent there atm.

tl;dr: math is hard.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

No, you have to do Nexus for the material called "Agnitor Plaigeoclase". It costs 5000 credits and is untradeable. Check the Nexus Schedule here and PM me about half an hour before the start time. All times are Pacific Standard Time. I'll get you into a Nexus raid and explain whats going on.

You do not need to do many of these raids if you are double rep boosting. For instance, I got 7000 credits from the Nexus this morning and it only took 23 minutes.

I helped Sync gear up his Priest yesterday from scratch and for less than 10k gold, he got +9 Agnitor weapon, +9 Agnitor chest, +8 Agnitor gloves and +6 Agnitor boots. Full compliment of perfectly rolled BG jewellery. His ilvl was 155 and the whole process took less than an hour.

BG jewellery is insanely cheap now. Its only 200 Bellicarium credits for each Wind's Whisper and Conquer ring so just keep buying them until you get the following:

Wind's Whisper: 10% decreased stun/HP Resto or 10% decreased stun/decreased poison
Conquer Ring: +3% damage with double crit mod or double crit rate

Then I would buy Agnitor gloves/boots, 2 Agnitor Plaigeoclases (10,000 Agnitor credits). Then I would buy Fraywind gloves/boots and 2 Victor's Orthoclases (4,400 Bellicarium credits). I would craft conjunct gloves/boots. Then I would buy another 6 Victor's Plageoclases (13,200 Bellicarium credits) and 2 Dreamstriker Ores (3600 Killing Spree credits). Now you can craft Strikeforce gloves/boots. You may use these for pve so get them to +6 at least.

For your weapon you should buy a "Boundless Reach" for 1k on the broker. You should +9 this first. If you need to borrow Agnitor credits I can buy the rep gear for you, but I can't buy the Plaigeoclases as they are non tradeable. I can donate fodder and alkahest for enchanting. You should have an ilvl of 155 to 157. At this point I can give you the guided tour of Tera dungeons.

If you have alot of BG points spare, I would buy Archer glyph boxes as you need your advanced glyphs. Its worth running Temple of Temerity this weekend because of double badge drops, but you can always save the badges to get advanced glyphs on your lancer. Or sell them for quick money.

drat gonna be hard. Work hours don't let me do Nexuses very easily :smith: so much bellicarium.....

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Straithate posted:

If you really go at it, you can hit 60 in just over a day played. Your first time you are probably looking at 3-4 days.

Really? When I was playing in March it was definitely nowhere near that fast and I was playing as a duo.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Carecat posted:

Really? When I was playing in March it was definitely nowhere near that fast and I was playing as a duo.

It's definitely doable if you're constantly popping the 100% XP boosts and you're a class that can mob well/safely.

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!

Carecat posted:

You would need to be using the 100% boost to do it in just over a day. You would also need to be using good gear etc but yeah, it was really easy. I haven't leveled a character since alliances came out though so no idea about the optimal path these days.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Wow, I must be doing something wrong then. I've been playing off and on for a few weeks and I'm level 31.

Is Knightgod Dragonkings mostly for endgame level content, then?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Lyer posted:

Wow double drop is fantastic for KG, I got 18 molten tokens between 2 characters.

Elite I guess? It was bugged for triple drop on friday, so I got 3 chests + 6 tokens on my run.

Only 2/4 today though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Davin Valkri posted:

Wow, I must be doing something wrong then. I've been playing off and on for a few weeks and I'm level 31.

Is Knightgod Dragonkings mostly for endgame level content, then?

Nope, its super newbie friendly. Its recently gotten a nice influx of people. Super helpful too, I got to 60 doing pure CS and Wanderingkid helped me get geared up and ran me through couple dungeons.

I can run CS with you as well since you're level 30. Its a Battleground that gives a tonne of xp and gold.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 29, 2013

• Locked thread