Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Autumncomet posted:

Volume 11 was released in Japan in like August, although I wouldn't be surprised if he went over his estimate or the last few chapters were huge, like how Fullmetal Alchemist turned out.

Is Isayama saying it will be finished in 20 more volumes, or finished at volume 20? Cause I read it as the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Huh, poo poo, I never even thought to read it that way. In my defense, I'm not a native speaker. :v: That actually makes more sense and means more Titan!

In penance, I found a cool thing:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Genocyber posted:

Is Isayama saying it will be finished in 20 more volumes, or finished at volume 20? Cause I read it as the former.

I looked at the original interview, he means 20 volumes total (the latter).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well I don't suppose that's too ridiculous. That's like ~50ish more chapters right? Of course there's no guarantee he won't change his mind and extend it, or just find that he underestimated how long it'd take to tell the story he planned.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

There's still a lot of questions that need answering in that time, I suspect things are going to heat up real soon and never let off. Exactly as it should be.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
What would that mean re: anime seasons? 3 or 4 seasons depending on how far in Wall titans is, right?

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Zeruel posted:

What would that mean re: anime seasons? 3 or 4 seasons depending on how far in Wall titans is, right?

Wall titan is literally next episode so 2 seasons maybe 3.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

LeafyOrb posted:

Wall titan is literally next episode so 2 seasons maybe 3.

Cool, I'd post this in the anime thread but they're on the semantics about depicting westerners in japanese media and it's getting all weird.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Given its popularity, I think 3 seasons is about right. The season has started breaking episodes around single chapters where it used to be about 3:2, and I would guess that's just as much popularity as it is sticking the Wall Titan landing. If they keep that pace, and if their embellishments stay as good as they've been through the last three episodes, it lines up perfectly.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

LeafyOrb posted:

There's still a lot of questions that need answering in that time, I suspect things are going to heat up real soon and never let off. Exactly as it should be.

If Eren and the rescue party manages to escape with Ymir and Historia in tow, they've both potentially got answers to a lot of questions. I imagine Armin is gonna be asking Ymir to spill everything she knows.

That being said it's clear there are things Ymir doesn't know, she even says "I don't know everything about The Power of the Titans".

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Every time we get a chance to ask/answer questions a new emergency ends up happening, so you never know.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
My prediction is that Bert is gonna die start of next chapter, and Reiner is going to be swarmed by soldiers and eventually killed. His final words start to reveal the truth of the world and/or monkey trouble but he's cut off by Irwin before he can finish. It would be a pretty typical Isayama style of answering some questions while creating many more.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popehoist posted:

My prediction is that Bert is gonna die start of next chapter, and Reiner is going to be swarmed by soldiers and eventually killed. His final words start to reveal the truth of the world and/or monkey trouble but he's cut off by Irwin before he can finish. It would be a pretty typical Isayama style of answering some questions while creating many more.

Eren and Mikasa's re-encounter with Chuckles will take up all available pages next chapter.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Popehoist posted:

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

But then what about this dude

I can't wait until the anime gets to this point, so I can start posting that in other places.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Can't stop cracking up at this for some reason.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

crossposting from the anime thread

Thumbtacks posted:

I don't know why, but apparently it's a new trend to draw Annie as Squidward.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
It's perfect, Walter.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Genocyber posted:

crossposting from the anime thread

This is a pretty great trend, then.

Bisensual
May 24, 2013

Do you hate me?
I almost asked this question in the anime thread. I really need to stop posting in both.

Does anyone have a link to a scanlation of the prequel yet? Or... just a scan?

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Bisensual posted:

I almost asked this question in the anime thread. I really need to stop posting in both.

Does anyone have a link to a scanlation of the prequel yet? Or... just a scan?

This is the only one I found, seems fine enough. Isayama has said that the premise behind titans is completely different now so I wouldn't use it for speculation or anything.

VVVV oh whoops, forgot that even existed.

yellowyams fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 28, 2013

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

yellowyams posted:

This is the only one I found, seems fine enough. Isayama has said that the premise behind titans is completely different now so I wouldn't use it for speculation or anything.

That's the prototype/pilot chapter. This is the prequel.

Bisensual
May 24, 2013

Do you hate me?
Thanks both of you. I know it's not canon. I just like Levi.

edit: THEN WHERE'S THE ONE LEVI!?

Bisensual fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 28, 2013

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

Huh, poo poo, I never even thought to read it that way. In my defense, I'm not a native speaker. :v: That actually makes more sense and means more Titan!

In penance, I found a cool thing:

I want that for my SGS3 :(

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

The prequel takes place way before Levi is born, 70 years ago ish.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Since my last post I have remembered that Shingeki no Kyojin Gaiden (<-- this is the one Bisensual is talking about) is a thing. The first part was only just released today, so that would be why there are no scanlations yet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I want that for my SGS3 :(

Look on Etsy, there's lots of places that will print cases with any pic you want

Bisensual
May 24, 2013

Do you hate me?

Pensive posted:

Since my last post I have remembered that Shingeki no Kyojin Gaiden (<-- this is the one Bisensual is talking about) is a thing. The first part was only just released today, so that would be why there are no scanlations yet.

Yep. I saw a picture of it on tumblr still in the magazine(?) and everything. I didn't know what it was called, though.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
From the anime thread:

Fatkraken posted:

Also, in the ending credits there are clearly two groups of humans riding different coloured horses facing off against each other in the murals. It makes more sense to me that the colossal and armoured titans, and Annie of course, don't originate from inside the walls but belong to a second faction based [somewhere else] and are attacking the civilization left within the walls for [reasons]. 'Course, after this episode I'll be picking up the Manga where it left off so any unanswered questions left by the series finale will hopefully be addressed.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Oh man, remember "WHY AREN'T THEY GOING FOR THE loving BASEMENT?" for like the first ten episodes?

I'm excited to see them read the manga.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

Oh man, remember "WHY AREN'T THEY GOING FOR THE loving BASEMENT?" for like the first ten episodes?

I'm excited to see them read the manga.

There's probably still people who think the last episode is gonna feature the basement. Like, Eren's gonna be "hey guys brb" and just run there.

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
I fully expect a flood of new posters in here once this season of the anime is over.

Also, what are the odds that the content from new prequel manga could show up in the anime as well?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Might end up as it's own OVA. I think they're planning that for the whole "Yimr's people" bit.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Kokoro Wish posted:

Might end up as it's own OVA. I think they're planning that for the whole "Yimr's people" bit.

Yeah, I've been wondering about why they left that scene out.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Pensive posted:

That's the prototype/pilot chapter

Isayama wasn't kidding, it's really, embarrassingly lovely. Bad art, bad writing, bad characterization, bad worldbuilding. The appearance of the rage titan at the end is pretty much the only good part, and of course the only scene that was carried over to the published version. "The weak point! on the shoulder! no, your shoulder!" does come close to the tone we know and love, though

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The ep is already up on Crunchyroll, almost 3 hours early.

And the Wall reveal is awful. What the gently caress is that?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 30, 2017

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

RubberLuffy posted:

The ep is already up on Crunchyroll, almost 3 hours early.

And the Wall reveal is awful. What the gently caress is that?

So how does this affect the passage of time when they continue on? In the manga they immediately spot it and are ordered to immediately cover it up, but at the end of this episode here there's alot more time for people to spot what's in the wall.

PowFu
Dec 31, 2010
What I find weird is change where Levi saves Eren from the Annie crystallization. Wasn't Levi told to stay back? And more importantly wasn't he supposed to be injured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Haven't watched yet but that sound terrible. I don't even watch the credits every week. I just shut it off once the ending starts. I guess because its in a theater they did that.