Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Flayer posted:

Use the auto-golden cookie clicker to get that achievement. There's no point trying to get it legit.

There's no point in the achievement if you cheat to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I got bored and made something.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

ryonguy posted:

Amazing.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

nimby posted:

There's no point in the achievement if you cheat to get it.

there's no point to any achievement, hth

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

slogsdon posted:

there's no point to any achievement, hth

Wrong, (most) achievements give you milk, which with the right upgrades gets you more cookies per second. :colbert:

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
Yeah it's has obvious and significant CpS implications what the gently caress is wrong with you son?

(Other than the racism apparently.)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Had 325 chips and about 70 billion CPS.

Reset to find myself with 900 chips <2 hours ago.

Already up to 30 billion CPS.

Trapped in cookie factory.

Send help.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Flayer posted:

Use the auto-golden cookie clicker to get that achievement. There's no point trying to get it legit.

I'm well over a third of the way there legit. :smith:

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

ryonguy posted:

The button should be another cookie.

On a side note, I'm all but guaranteed to hit 100 antimatter condensers and the final two achievements (sans 'Cheated Cookies') by the end of the day.

What am I doing with my life? :negative:

EDIT: Wait, no, I don't have Black Cat's Paw. I'm not that far gone... Yet.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 28, 2013

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Two cookies, clicking each other.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Krazyface posted:

Two cookies, clicking each other.
I attempted this, but it ended up looking less like clicking and more like...something I don't really want to think about. Something you don't want to envision cookies doing to each other if you perceive cookies as fundamentally wholesome.

Such dark paths this thread leads us down. :ohdear:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

No, I had somewhere like between 100-400 before the upgrade, and getting Grandmapocolypse helps a lot because of the Cookie Chain. While I definitely had it open a ton I even consider myself more of a "fringe case" than a "basket case"; it wasn't like I poop-socked or anything, I just have to be in front of monitors all the time (last few weeks especially) :shrug:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Sometimes, even with all the golden cookie upgrades, the frenzy runs out before the next cookie spawns.

Sometimes, such as, say, when you're trying to build up your "lucky combo" buffer after buying the kitten overseer upgrade, this happens multiple times in a row.

And then one finally spawns at the tail end of a frenzy, and you rush to click it before the frenzy runs out.

And it's another frenzy :shepicide:

(I'm not entirely sure I like what this game is doing to me.)

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
For the person asking about how people have been getting the black paw achievement, I'm already at 1,093 golden cookies clicked and have only been playing a week. The cookie chains help immensely, they're anywhere from 5-13 cookies right there.

I'm a bit jealous of all of you up in the billions of cps, I only get that when I get the x77 cookie. I'll get there though! Already reset twice, first time I got true neverclick and didn't even click the cookie after that. I reset two days after that cause I couldn't resist any longer and wanted at least one run to be click-free. I've got 58 chips right now, gonna reset again in another few days I think.

This is madness, and I'm loving every click of it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah, cookie chains are a huge help for the paw. So is spending several hours a day tabbing between Cookie Clicker, SA and Facebook on your couch because work has so thoroughly crushed your soul. :smith:

(Also running the gold cookie script overnight a couple of times)

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013
Got 1141 heavenly chips.
Took 2 days to get to 152,309,893,937.9 CPS

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just reset.

1057 heavenly chips.

Gonna try to play by getting only one of every building.

So far have one of everything up to factory, and will get a space ship soon.

The wait between that and alchemy labs will be... pretty okay, actually. It's the wait for portals that'll be bad...

EDIT: ... huh.

I expected this to strategy to stretch the game by an unreasonable degree, but it's only 28 minutes and I already have a Time Machine and 2.8 million CPS.

Antimatter condenser is still gonna be a bitch, 4 billion cookies is, like, two hours, man.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Sep 28, 2013

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I hope the dungeons come in soon. I reset this morning and now have 1573 heavenly chips and it looks like it's going to take a long time to make that number jump up noticeably.

I think I'm losing my desire to click the cookie.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
700 trillion away from my 100th condenser. I'm tearing up here guys (and then only 50 golden cookie clicks from 777).

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Wait, you get heavenly chips from your *all time* cookie count? I thought it was the *current* cookie count. Which is it?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

XboxPants posted:

Wait, you get heavenly chips from your *all time* cookie count? I thought it was the *current* cookie count. Which is it?

It used to be current, now it's all time.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Just found this an hour ago. Still playing it.

What has happened to my life?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

XboxPants posted:

It's always been all-time. The Sacrifice achievement chain used to be current, but was changed to be all-time to match up with heavenly chips.

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.
Ugh, this game. I'm on my fourth reset and got up to 30 billion cps and all the building upgrades within two hours. But it bothers me that I have to bank cookies in order to get Kitten Overseers in a reasonable amount of time. So of course I will not stop until I have enough chips to not have to do that anymore. I will never stop.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Edmund Lava posted:

I hope the dungeons come in soon. I reset this morning and now have 1573 heavenly chips and it looks like it's going to take a long time to make that number jump up noticeably.

I think I'm losing my desire to click the cookie.

Apparently he's been saying "a few more days now" for a while, but he said a few more days a few days ago so it should be any day now.

Also ryonguy that is a beautiful thing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just realized I could cheat to remove all achievements after resetting while keeping heavenly chips and golden cookie clicks. :swoon:

Cheating owns and I hope Orteil never tries to lock the game down.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
I did it guys, all achievements. No cheating. I am free.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Goddamnit, I just want to go to bed. Why is this happening to me?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I was on my painful slog for that 100th condenser when, finally, after so many clicks I got my first double frenzy. Felt so good. Now I have chips and I'm sitting here not clicking the cookie for those stupid shadow achievements. I'm actually not sure if this is better or not.

Edit:

KillHour posted:

Goddamnit, I just want to go to bed. Why is this happening to me?

Wait, how is your multiplier that high without milk or chips or anything?

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Sindai posted:

I just realized I could cheat to remove all achievements after resetting while keeping heavenly chips and golden cookie clicks. :swoon:

Why would you do that?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I was on my painful slog for that 100th condenser when, finally, after so many clicks I got my first double frenzy. Felt so good. Now I have chips and I'm sitting here not clicking the cookie for those stupid shadow achievements. I'm actually not sure if this is better or not.

Edit:

Wait, how is your multiplier that high without milk or chips or anything?

Golden cookie.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Pizzatime posted:

Why would you do that?

I imagine so he can still get the rush of "progress". I managed to wipe my reset, but given that I'm posting in this thread I'll get sucked back in as soon as dungeons come out.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
gently caress you cookies! I'm trying to get the stupid no clicking achievements, after waiting forever for the initial 15 to get started, I start progressing fine, then a frenzy golden cookie popups up, and I automatically start clicking the cookie. :suicide:

This game has trained me too well to play this game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The beta for dungeons is out. Uses a separate game file.

However! Dungeons aren't the only changes. They're not necessarily going to be implemented in the real game as is, but some things to consider:
  • Heavenly Chips are nerfed again: +1% instead of +2%
  • Kitten overseers are nerfed, same boost as Kitten Engineers
  • Antimatter Condensers now cost 4,999,999,999 instead of 3,999,999,999
  • Clicking Frenzies now happen more often
  • Cookie Chains can go on for more 2 cookies, but now end when you get more cookies than half your current bank
  • The cap on Elder Pledge price got bumped up one more
  • Neverclick is no longer a shadow achievement; True Neverclick still is
  • Four new shadow achievements, one of which is pretty devious: Bake 1 billion cookies without buying upgrades. The others are speed baking achievements for reaching 1 million cookies in 35, 25, and 15 minutes

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Color Printer posted:

The beta for dungeons is out. Uses a separate game file.

However! Dungeons aren't the only changes. They're not necessarily going to be implemented in the real game as is, but some things to consider:
  • Heavenly Chips are nerfed again: +1% instead of +2%
  • Kitten overseers are nerfed, same boost as Kitten Engineers
  • Antimatter Condensers now cost 4,999,999,999 instead of 3,999,999,999
  • Clicking Frenzies now happen more often
  • Cookie Chains can go on for more 2 cookies, but now end when you get more cookies than half your current bank
  • The cap on Elder Pledge price got bumped up one more
  • Neverclick is no longer a shadow achievement; True Neverclick still is
  • Four new shadow achievements, one of which is pretty devious: Bake 1 billion cookies without buying upgrades. The others are speed baking achievements for reaching 1 million cookies in 35, 25, and 15 minutes

Despite all of these changes my CPS income is actually higher with dungeons. I doubt that that'll last with frenzies, though.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Oh boy, I really feel like grinding up to 50 factories with no heavenly chips again.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Pizzatime posted:

Oh boy, I really feel like grinding up to 50 factories with no heavenly chips again.

Just import your save?

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Giggily posted:

Just import your save?

:doh: I'm an idiot, thanks.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I imported my save and it was buggy, dungeons were already playing themselves and I was nearly invincible. Instead I cheated in a ton of cookies off a hard reset to get access, only to find that dungeons are unplayable on a screen this small (1366x768) because the action log overlaps the buttons and characters :v: Zooming out to the point it works makes the text unreadable, he's going to have to go with a popout of some kind for anybody on a laptop.

edit: according to his blog autopilot is the default after a few seconds of not pressing arrows, and your cookie scout gets stronger with the amount of factories so having 200+ is not the best way to test the balance

Swilo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TypeAskee
Jul 21, 2012
I just started getting HC... don't nerf them now... please?

• Locked thread