Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Akion posted:

From my experience, they just fill a regular garage slot.

Which is bullshit, considering what some of them cost.

Sooo loving stupid. I can fit a shitload of BMX bikes in this garage :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, the stock market is affected by what players do?

Sawtooth
Oct 30, 2008
Has anyone got the snapmatic feature to work on their phone with three stars or above? It's always grayed out for me.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

RatHat posted:

BAWSAK market affected by everyone connected to the social club online, the other market is affected by the player (blow up a companies trucks and their stocks should depreciate while their competitors stocks grow).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Scooter Brother :(

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 28, 2013

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Dr Geek posted:

I thought the stat screen showed Franklin getting like 230 Gs but now that I check on him, that didn't happen. Weird...

(first heist spoilers)I made pretty decent money on my first heist, 293k for Franklin. http://i.imgur.com/hh8pEWF.jpg. That was using Packie on guns, the good driver (didn't have the sidequest girl yet), and the cheap hacker from LifeInvader.

edit:

RatHat posted:

No

Obsidius posted:

BAWSAK market affected by everyone connected to the social club online, the other market is affected by the player (blow up a companies trucks and their stocks should depreciate while their competitors stocks grow).
That second part is not true. It is random fluctuations only. Start five games and all the companies will have five different spreads and it will not change based on your actions. Any change you've seen is just random chance with a healthy dose of confirmation bias.

Pivit fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 28, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Two things: when do I get the last clothing store?

And can I store/customize bikes?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Rad Valtar posted:

IGN has posted some tips about the stock market on their wiki:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Stock_Market

They say Ammunation is a good investment since people are always buying weapons.

Ammunation stock is plummeting currently.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So (last mission spoilers) did anyone even really consider picking anything but option C? GTA IV's big final choice was really difficult and both options had merit. For V it was just like "kill your friends or kick the poo poo out of everyone that's ever wronged you." Although I guess maybe that's just indicative of the theme of V as a whole. It's Los Santos, you can have whatever you want, since you never had a shot at being happy in the first place.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm going to be playing the poo poo out of this online, so I need a PS3 headset recommendation. Ideally it would also be PC-compatible but if the price is right that's not necessary. What are you using for voicechat on PS3?

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

Dragonatrix posted:

It is pretty easy to evade, yeah, but they're just as psychic as ever. They will always manage to eventually converge on a spot as close to where you're hiding as is possible. If you're hiding offroad, they will search the closest road to where you're hiding even if they don't have a drat clue where you're hiding, for example, and always take a turn that puts them closest to you. Including doing a 180 for seemingly no reason at a turn that is not an intersection just to get closer to your hiding place.

This is not true at all. You can literally follow behind a cop who is searching for you as long as you are not within their cone of vision. If you are hiding anywhere other than the area where cops last saw you they will most likely drive right past your hiding spot. They are intelligent but they are not psychic.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Woo, done with GTA V now! I suddenly lost all my will to do any of the side-missions and such. I just want GTA-O. Loved the game either way.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Chard posted:

I'm going to be playing the poo poo out of this online, so I need a PS3 headset recommendation. Ideally it would also be PC-compatible but if the price is right that's not necessary. What are you using for voicechat on PS3?

Any regular $20 USB headset will work just fine on both PC and PS3.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Trevor is hanging outside of his house throwing grenades while drinking a big bottle of alcohol. Dude's the best.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ularg posted:

Woo, done with GTA V now! I suddenly lost all my will to do any of the side-missions and such. I just want GTA-O. Loved the game either way.

Well at least tuesday isn't that far away.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Shindragon posted:

Well at least tuesday isn't that far away.

I know but BF4 beta.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't believe the game doesn't do anything for blasting past a speed trap at full speed. At least do an achievement or something. Pisses me off that franklin can never go to the main airport.

Also, are TV shows and movies really lovely quality for anyone else? It's like watching YouTube on the lowest setting.

DehatstyTopinbout
Dec 28, 2004

C4
is the motherfucking answer
So the huge air hangar at the LS Airport is only available to Michael and Franklin? Which means I'm stuck with the Sandy Shores Airfield for Trevor and that I can't order any large jets online for him because they won't fit in the hangar? Why would I want to fly as those other two bozos?
:saddowns:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Can someone help me out? I'm on the very last mission & chose option 3 (death wish :getin:) Lester just told me to meet him at his house, but there's no icon on the map. I don't remember where he lives :downs:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

beanieson posted:

Can someone help me out? I'm on the very last mission & chose option 3 (death wish :getin:) Lester just told me to meet him at his house, but there's no icon on the map. I don't remember where he lives :downs:

Regarding your last mission spoiler. You sure you don't have a L on the map? When it's the last mission, the L represents his house, not for an assassination mission.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I thought you could buy the airport hangar for each character, same with the boat dock.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

beanieson posted:

Drive the wherever the L on your map is.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Pivit posted:

I thought you could buy the airport hangar for each character, same with the boat dock.

Trevor can't buy the Helipad or the LSIA Hangar.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Eriic posted:

This is not true at all. You can literally follow behind a cop who is searching for you as long as you are not within their cone of vision. If you are hiding anywhere other than the area where cops last saw you they will most likely drive right past your hiding spot. They are intelligent but they are not psychic.

Trying to hide out in the wilderness with a 5 star rating shows the cops do know where you are. I downed all the choppers, managed to get some distance and hide in a bush in the short span before more showed up. All the cops on foot came directly toward my bush, all the choppers orbited directly over me, the helicopter with fast rope guys dropped all of them about 20 feet away from me and they all strolled exactly in my direction, and one of the cops kept taking random shots at me in the bush even though they supposedly didn't know where I was. In about 30 seconds every cop had made their way over to me before one of them officially spotted me. This has happened repeatedly.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Pivit posted:

Trevor doesn't need one, he has two airstrips, one he always has, the other he can buy.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Shindragon posted:

Regarding your last mission spoiler. You sure you don't have a L on the map? When it's the last mission, the L represents his house, not for an assassination mission.

Aha! That's exactly it, I was saving the assassinations.

Cheers :)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

XK posted:

Trying to hide out in the wilderness with a 5 star rating shows the cops do know where you are. I downed all the choppers, managed to get some distance and hide in a bush in the short span before more showed up. All the cops on foot came directly toward my bush, all the choppers orbited directly over me, the helicopter with fast rope guys dropped all of them about 20 feet away from me and they all strolled exactly in my direction, and one of the cops kept taking random shots at me in the bush even though they supposedly didn't know where I was. In about 30 seconds every cop had made their way over to me before one of them officially spotted me. This has happened repeatedly.

5 star helicopters have FLIR, so bushes don't work maybe? :D

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Haha, I think I found a semi-exploit in the game.

If you climb on top of a flat box truck, you won't get flung off like others cars when a pedestrian is driving the car. Just chill on top of the truck as it's driving on the highway and start shooting at other people.

When you're wanted, the cop AI seems to get confused since you're moving and standing outside but not actually driving a car; so they will drive right past your "car" and stop to get out to shoot at you as if you were escaping on foot. I didn't see a single cop try to do a PIT maneuver on my chauffeur the whole time. Sometimes, the cops will lose track of you and go into search mode AI since you're technically standing over the cops and it acts like you're in hiding.

As long as you snipe helicopters, you can pretty keep doing this all the way to 4 or 5 stars like I did earlier (although you can't seem to quite actually escape pursuit this way since helicopters will pretty much always spot you on the truck). I tried recording a video on my phone but my phone was glitching a little bit so I'll re-do a video tomorrow and upload it on YouTube to show what I mean. It's pretty funny and entertaining, to say the least.

[e]: Also, earlier I was able to leap from the roof of my car on to the front of a moving train safely, that was pretty fun to pull off.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 28, 2013

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Pretty sure it's been proven that BAWSAQ is broken and doesn't reflect player actions/just moves randomly, although I haven't been able to keep up with the thread as much of late.

Honestly the only way that the GTA stock market even remotely resembles real-life financial markets is the Skinner pigeon systems people invent to "win" at it. Without a bid-ask model, which I seriously doubt R* will implement, it's just going to inflate infinitely unless R* has prices fluctuate randomly. The ENTIRE basis of equity markets is the ability to set the price where you're willing to buy and sell, and R* doesn't give you the option to transact at any price other than whatever their in-game website says. The best you could hope for with this market is something like NYSE:PWND which is super low volume to the point where it's hard to find an intraday chart--basically all flat lines, and still gets higher volume than GTA Fun Money markets will. At worst it'll look like NYSEARCA:FAS which is precisely what a financial market looks like when you pump an infinite amount of money into it (e.g. "QE Infinity" or "GTA Fake Money That Gets Printed When You Complete Menial Tasks").

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Eriic posted:

This mechanic is actually incredibly useful for that one mission where you steal back Solomon's film reel. You can follow the cop cars all the way around the whole chase sequence and as long as you don't pass any police cars, you won't get stars. I didn't manage to do this for the entire mission but I'd imagine it makes the ending a lot easier if you can stealth it.

Dookie-In-The-Pants
May 7, 2008

You don't have to tell me
this is a bad joke.....
you CAN just ignore it.
For the BAWSAQ, there's two stocks I'm glad are on the decline now, because Monday night I'm dumping all my dough into shares of Shrewsbury (shotguns) and Vom Feuer (pistols). Manufacturers for the only two weapon-types most can afford for the first week of GTA:O before the real money rolls in? Yes please and thank you! Selling it all after the first full week of non-exploded RS servers, when people will have online cash to start buying good weapons.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

The Casualty posted:

This mechanic is actually incredibly useful for that one mission where you steal back Solomon's film reel. You can follow the cop cars all the way around the whole chase sequence and as long as you don't pass any police cars, you won't get stars. I didn't manage to do this for the entire mission but I'd imagine it makes the ending a lot easier if you can stealth it.

Eh, the cops don't really care about you at any point in that mission.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
At this point I'm not even going to bother with BAWSAQ stocks, unless after all my money dealings and holding off on assassination missions until as late as possible I'm still way short of the golf course and everything else. I'll just stick to the LCS.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I haven't beaten the game yet but did the first assassination mission from Lester as Franklin, and after reading some of this thread it seems I should have waited.

You can't wait very long on the first assassination mission. You have to do it before you do the bank truck heist for the FIB.

All of the other ones, though, you can save until after you beat the main story. Play the stocks off that (like it says in the OP) and you'll never lack for money ever again (especially if you also use the glitch where you can purchase property without actually spending the money that the property costs).

CVagts posted:

At this point I'm not even going to bother with BAWSAQ stocks, unless after all my money dealings and holding off on assassination missions until as late as possible I'm still way short of the golf course and everything else. I'll just stick to the LCS.

If you follow the guide in the OP, you will literally end up with over 1 billion dollars per character just from playing stocks during/after assassination missions.

nasboat fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 28, 2013

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I think my copy might be corrupted. Whenever I boot up my 360 with it in the tray I get "unreadable" errors. However, if I start my 360 without it in the tray and put it in the tray during the profile select screen it'll play. I don't know how it works, but it works. I know I should really call someone about it, but I can't pry myself away from the game long enough to look into it. So weak. :(

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
Has anyone else had a single bird fall straight out of the sky near them, apropos of nothing? This happened to me on one of the rural highways on the east side of the island. Nothing weird seemed to happen after that.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

nasboat posted:

You can't wait very long on the first assassination mission. You have to do it before you do the bank truck heist for the FIB.

All of the other ones, though, you can save until after you beat the main story. Play the stocks off that (like it says in the OP) and you'll never lack for money ever again (especially if you also use the glitch where you can purchase property without actually spending the money that the property costs).

If you follow the guide in the OP, you will literally end up with over 1 billion dollars per character just from playing stocks during/after assassination missions.

Nice. I've already done the first one, but I've still got the next 4? or so to go, and I'll hold off on them until the very end of the game.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Anyone else feel like the music is kinda weak in this game?
Man I wish the PS3 had the Xbox's custom music functionality :(

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Cute as heck posted:

I did for a while, although a lot of the stations have kinda grown on me. (Barrelling over the desert on a dirtbike listening to AMOEBAAAAAAAA is good times). I still think Radio Los Santos sucks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Cute as heck posted:

If you don't even like the reggae station just for the DJ then I don't know what to say. Music in this game is surprisingly great.

• Locked thread