Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Nipponophile posted:

Birthright and Inheritance items are not modifiable and bind to character, not legacy.

Except they don't bind to character, and the weapons have a crystal slot. I send new crystals to alts using Inheritance and Birthright weapons all the time, here's my lovely collection that I used to send them to my latest alt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Ah, you're right. Never mind.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

kippa posted:

Actually, it stays bound to legacy. It's an amazing way to send lightsaber crystals to alts without paying the CC to unlock them (and you can send BoP crystals the same way). Spawn an extra cartel coin crystal, put it in one of the legacy weapons and mail it to an alt, they pull it out and it gets added to their collection too.

Right, I was talking about the non-modifiable Inheritance and Birthright weapons. They have base stats and can't have crystals/hilts/etc added to them. Those are the ones you get randomly in flashpoints and such that you can send the token to a low level alt who can use it for about 3 levels.

Not worth it. :)

*edit* Did that change? I know I used them for my 2 of my alts and there was no slot for anything...

Okay cool, I stand corrected.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 27, 2013

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Medullah posted:

Right, I was talking about the non-modifiable Inheritance and Birthright weapons. They have base stats and can't have crystals/hilts/etc added to them. Those are the ones you get randomly in flashpoints and such that you can send the token to a low level alt who can use it for about 3 levels.

Not worth it. :)

Yeah the stats can't be altered, but they do have a crystal slot now (now I think about it that got added later, maybe in 2.0?) so they're definitely worth claiming just to send crystals to alts, paying 7k credits is a whole lot better than 360cc.

E: Yeah, originally they were completely worthless but they altered them at some point to add the crystal slot, and I think they buffed the stats a bit too. Definitely not worth bothering spending commendations on, but the tokens you get free (and as random drops) are worth using for a bit, they're usually way better than other gear of the same level, that level 33 sniper rifle was better than everything until I put all purple mods in my orange one at level 39.

kippa fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 27, 2013

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

So I got a purple lightsaber hilt and it says I need to purchase an Artifact Equipment Authorization to use it. The gently caress is that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So I got a purple lightsaber hilt and it says I need to purchase an Artifact Equipment Authorization to use it. The gently caress is that?

Welcome to F2P! Have to buy the ability for a character to use purple items.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Medullah posted:

Welcome to F2P! Have to buy the ability for a character to use purple items.

Do I have to do that as a subscriber? Because that might just tip the scales for me to buy a game card.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Do I have to do that as a subscriber? Because that might just tip the scales for me to buy a game card.

Nope, included. As are unlimited warzones, flashpoints and operations which are all restricted as F2P unless you buy a pass.

Seriously, if you are going to play this game and $15 doesn't break you...just subscribe.

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008
No, subscribers can use artefact equipment with no extra charge. If you sub and drop back down, any artefact equipment you have equipped will stay on, but I think you don't benefit from the stats. Or maybe you can just never change it.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

VonLudwig posted:

No, subscribers can use artefact equipment with no extra charge. If you sub and drop back down, any artefact equipment you have equipped will stay on, but I think you don't benefit from the stats. Or maybe you can just never change it.

I'm not positive, but I thought Artifact equipment was included in being Preferred - which is what you'll be after your sub expires.

EDIT: \/\/\/ OK, guess I was wrong. Sorry about the misinformation.

Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 28, 2013

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Jedi posted:

I'm not positive, but I thought Artifact equipment was included in being Preferred - which is what you'll be after your sub expires.

I am preferred and purpz don't work for me. I played during launch for about 4 months.

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Jedi posted:

SWTOR.com's chart says that "Cannot equip most purple items unless an authorization is purchased from Cartel Market" under item equipping for Preferred.

VonLudwig posted:

You still benefit from whatever equipment you are wearing, but removing anything you don't have an authorization for prevents you from re-equiping it.

ThreeSixXero fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 27, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Just hit 30 so I've got Trickshot now. What's my rotation from here out? I have a feeling it won't change THAT much (except Speed Shots and Flyby)

Noxxic's rotation is hilariously useless and the official forums are circlejerking about a hybrid build because it does like 200 more dps than 36/5/5 or whatever the "standard" rotation is, and I don't want to gently caress around with Vital Shot, the whole reason I liked this class is the lack of dots.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Thumbtacks posted:

Just hit 30 so I've got Trickshot now. What's my rotation from here out? I have a feeling it won't change THAT much (except Speed Shots and Flyby)

My rotation didn't change much until I hit 31 and got the improvement to Trickshot which refreshes the CD after Quickdraw, Aimed Shot, or 2 X Charged Burst. Then again, I don't really follow rotations much...

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
After you get Speed Shot it will basically go:

Speed Shot, Trickshot, Burst Volley (if cooled down), Speed Shot, Trickshot;
Charged Burst, Charged Burst, Trickshot;
Aimed Shot, Trickshot;

then possibly Charged Burst or other fillers until Speed Shot is available again. Ideally you'll want to throw Vital Shot in as well but it's not a huge loss of dps if you don't, and it only matters on bosses anyway since most things die faster than the DoT duration. Depending on the exact spec you might throw Sabotage Charge in when you have excess energy.

Something I've started doing recently is to leave cover and immediately drop back in if it looks like my energy will top off within the next couple pulses. This activates Snap Shot to instantly consume some energy so that I'm not wasting the regen pulse, as well as refresh the damage reduction from Ballistic Dampers.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Promethium posted:

After you get Speed Shot it will basically go:

Speed Shot, Trickshot, Burst Volley (if cooled down), Speed Shot, Trickshot;
Charged Burst, Charged Burst, Trickshot;
Aimed Shot, Trickshot;

then possibly Charged Burst or other fillers until Speed Shot is available again. Ideally you'll want to throw Vital Shot in as well but it's not a huge loss of dps if you don't, and it only matters on bosses anyway since most things die faster than the DoT duration. Depending on the exact spec you might throw Sabotage Charge in when you have excess energy.

Something I've started doing recently is to leave cover and immediately drop back in if it looks like my energy will top off within the next couple pulses. This activates Snap Shot to instantly consume some energy so that I'm not wasting the regen pulse, as well as refresh the damage reduction from Ballistic Dampers.

Is that the order of priority? I always assumed Aimed Shot with two charges of Charged Aim would take priority over Charged Burst.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Thumbtacks posted:

Is that the order of priority? I always assumed Aimed Shot with two charges of Charged Aim would take priority over Charged Burst.

It's more the order of usage, so that you always do the Charged Burst x2, Trickshot combo (and thus have the 2 stacks) before you use Aimed Shot.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Basically you want to maximize the amount of Followthroughs/Trickshots you throw out.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does every unlock in the collections tab cost 600 Cartel Coins?

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

Does every unlock in the collections tab cost 600 Cartel Coins?

The amount of CC expenditure on each collections unlock is dependent on the rarity or "value" of the item in question, with 600 CC being a rather high amount.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

ThreeSixXero posted:

The amount of CC expenditure on each collections unlock is dependent on the rarity or "value" of the item in question, with 600 CC being a rather high amount.

I'll have to make enough Characters to make the Cartel Decadent skiff worth it.:yayclod:

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

I'll have to make enough Characters to make the Cartel Decadent skiff worth it.:yayclod:

Do you plan on using that mount on all of your new characters?

The reason I ask is, while surely around 7 dollars of CC isn't that bad, unless you want to use that mount a lot there will probably be something that's better that will come in Cartel Packs down the road, which will make that 7 dollars look pointless.

ThreeSixXero fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 29, 2013

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012
I know it is only low level shenanigans but getting people to summon a world boss by accident is always funny

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

BigDes posted:

I know it is only low level shenanigans but getting people to summon a world boss by accident is always funny

Getting people to do it on Tatooine during the beta was hilarious. It was even funnier when you took off running and they all die.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I tried to come back to this today on a preffered account and finish my smuggler... god I hate Corso. I literally lost interest in the game because he is the romantic option for female smugglers.

Why is every romance option for female characters so bad...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

I tried to come back to this today on a preffered account and finish my smuggler... god I hate Corso. I literally lost interest in the game because he is the romantic option for female smugglers.

Hey now, Imperial Agents get to sleep with a guy who loves bugs so....oh drat. Well at least Sith Warriors get the noble, honorable Malavai Qui....oh dammit. Okay, well what about Bounty Hunters? They get the interesting, always funny, Torian....poo poo.

Hey, Inquisitors get Andronikos. And once you go black, you never go back.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm actually starting to like corso a little.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Medullah posted:

Hey now, Imperial Agents get to sleep with a guy who loves bugs so....oh drat. Well at least Sith Warriors get the noble, honorable Malavai Qui....oh dammit. Okay, well what about Bounty Hunters? They get the interesting, always funny, Torian....poo poo.

Hey, Inquisitors get Andronikos. And once you go black, you never go back.

I think I might be the worst person ever because I like Vector and Malavai and while Andronikos is okay, I would have prefered Talos.

Maybe I am defective?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

wtftastic posted:

I think I might be the worst person ever because I like Vector and Malavai and while Andronikos is okay, I would have prefered Talos.

Maybe I am defective?

I liked Quinn for most of the romance. He came off as dorky, stilted, and afraid to offend you as an imperial dating a Sith should be. Corso pisses me off, I played a male IA because I thought Vector would be boring (ended up my favorite companion) hated the Trooper's cat, was bored to tears playing a Knight...

Corso could have been good because his first few dialogues are the farm brat making sure he makes it clear that he respects you, and he is sorry for ever judging you being a woman. Then he decides to go back to being sorta sexist in all his dialogues once you actually trip the romance.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So far my experience with Corso has been leading him on and then crushing him every time I flirt with someone and repeating as necessary. At one point you can sleep with Skavak which is absurd and he gets very angry, which counteracts the absurdty and makes it funny.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I appreciate that you have the option to flirt with Corso and then when he starts to get into you just tell him that you were only flirting and not interested in something serious. Its much better than leading him on and then turning around and calling him a knob and makes for stronger characterization imo.

Of course I haven't seen the higher dialogue options. Doesn't he get really creepy and tell you that you'll get you eventually or something?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jedi Consular women have it best - your healer chooses his hologram instead of you.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Jedi Consular women have it best - your healer chooses his hologram instead of you.

When I went through that story I saw a flipchart before my inner eye that said "- We also need some romance behaviour even the weirdest online spergs can identify with".

My dear little pony hologram of a stripper, can you please tell me where I have to insert my penis?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

wtftastic posted:

Maybe I am defective?
Vector's not a bad companion. He's just a weird romance, especially since a good chunk of your exposure to the Killiks is them kidnapping random people and turning them into hivemind bug people and possibly trying to take over Alderaan.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ravenfood posted:

Vector's not a bad companion. He's just a weird romance, especially since a good chunk of your exposure to the Killiks is them kidnapping random people and turning them into hivemind bug people and possibly trying to take over Alderaan.

But Man Killik Orgies the best in the Galaxy.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ravenfood posted:

And its ever so Imperial that they go "Yeah why don't we send a dude to become one so we can study them/ learn how to destroy them".

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

You mean reclaim Alderaan from the human invaders, right? It's the Killik homeworld. And heck, if the Imperials were to help the Killiks with that, they'd probably be spectacular allies in the war against the republic despots who waged a war of genocide against them for millennia.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

VonLudwig posted:

You mean reclaim Alderaan from the human invaders, right? It's the Killik homeworld. And heck, if the Imperials were to help the Killiks with that, they'd probably be spectacular allies in the war against the republic despots who waged a war of genocide against them for millennia.

Ha, like the Sith would ever ally with anything. They would sooner split the war so they also subjugate the Kiliks, even if it would mean they lose.

Because the Empire is stupid.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

wtftastic posted:

Maybe I am defective?

Nah, I had the same thing - my Inquisitor avoided the romance option because it didn't seem to fit, but she definitely ended up with a bit of a crush on Talos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

Because the Empire is stupid.
The Empire is always stupid, though. Why can't they break the status quo for once and make a smart Empire?

• Locked thread