Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

I found it on reddit.

Reddit was useful for once. I feel dirty.

However there's a somewhat interesting post for how people might/are figuring out cheats:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1nb6uw/super_jump_cheat/

It's pretty :spergin: but hey.

E:

How do I set default weapons for a character? I thought I read somewhere you could do that.
They're also right about combining that with moon gravity and fast run. Time to ragdoll off some buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The cheats don't carry over into GTA: Online, do they? Because it would be hilarious to see people doing this during multiplayer free foam.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Another slightly off topic but Rockstar related question.

I heard Red Dead Redemption has immortal horses with the zombie DLC, can I take said zombie horses into the main game? Just tired of my drat horse following everywhere and getting shot.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Another slightly off topic but Rockstar related question.

I heard Red Dead Redemption has immortal horses with the zombie DLC, can I take said zombie horses into the main game? Just tired of my drat horse following everywhere and getting shot.

Buy a deed to a horse, use deed every time horse is shot dead.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

El Hefe posted:

The only way all these properties make sense are if R* designed them as money sinks, you aren't supposed to make money off of them.

I think the only one that turns in a profit rather quickly is the submarine one.

They feel broken. Like, when Trevor first opens up the hangar it tells you that properties have incomes and that doing missions will boost that income. And that's not true for any of them.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I need to do one of the assassination missions to progress in the story but BAWSAQ won't even open. :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How many vehicles can the helipad / hangar store? Is it 4 each? I only have 2 planes and 2 helicopters in Trevors and don't want to overwrite Trevor's TPI helicopter by saving a third helicopter at his helipad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 29, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm sure this has been asked in the thread...but anyone have any experience with any of those devices that let you use a mouse and keyboard on the Xbox 360? I am seriously atrocious at trying to do any aiming/shooting in this game (or any other) with a controller.

Playing through Saints Row 4 right before this on the PC made me realize how much better an experience it is when I'm not screaming and cussing because I can't finish the easiest missions because I can't lock on to someone. Especially driving. gently caress shooting and driving.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So detonating sticky bombs while in a car is supposed to be left on the dpad, right? It's incredibly inconsistent for me for some reason.

Bachelor Numpad
Sep 16, 2001

All wreckin' and smashin' my junk on the crossbar
How the hell do you swim to the goddamn surface with the PS3 controls? I've got staying submerged underwater and drowning down to a science.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
From the last page and as said only tangentially related to GTA, but I would totally check out a Bully sequel set in college. Or just any Bully sequel in general really, that game was fun.

Finished the story this evening. Final heist was quite fun, I went for the more "subtle" approach and it was neat to basically play The Italian Job, somewhat let down by the mindless Merryweather shootout though. Will see in good time what the (ending spoilers) alternate strands do.

It's quite funny just how much money you can make pretty much effortlessly off of the assassination missions. After the Debonair/Redwood one alone, I currently have $290,000,000.

RoosterBrewster
Dec 30, 2009
So for stunt jumps, is it a lot easier with bikes? With cars, it seems you have to land on all 4 wheels at the same or else you fail. So since bikes only have 2 wheels, it should be a lot easier right?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
The Stunt Jumps are the last thing I need for 100%, and it's really starting to annoy me how finicky some of them are when it comes to granting credit.

I've had much better luck with quads or bikes than with cars, but then there's also the risk of instant death when you screw up, so it's kind of a coin-flip at times.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

RoosterBrewster posted:

So for stunt jumps, is it a lot easier with bikes? With cars, it seems you have to land on all 4 wheels at the same or else you fail. So since bikes only have 2 wheels, it should be a lot easier right?
I used a bike almost exclusively unless the jump involved a fall that would kill me if I was on a bike. That happened quite a lot, annoyingly, even when the fall wasn't big.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I've not actually done any of the jumps in V yet, but bikes were pretty much essential for some of them in the previous games so I'll likely follow on that. Vice City in particular had some truly dreadful ones that required very specific landings that were really only doable on a bike (if you were lucky, had you sacrificed the sufficient number of cattle on Friday the 13th).

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hahaha, the rubberbanding AI in the Freeway street race is so bad you're better off using a loving Prius than a fully modded sports car. The Prius basically can't go fast enough to lose much control and the AI just matches whatever speed you're going so taking a super-fast car (it's topped out near 200 mph with Franklin's ability) is pointless because you just have to fight it that much harder to stay on the course.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'm sure this has been asked in the thread...but anyone have any experience with any of those devices that let you use a mouse and keyboard on the Xbox 360? I am seriously atrocious at trying to do any aiming/shooting in this game (or any other) with a controller.

Playing through Saints Row 4 right before this on the PC made me realize how much better an experience it is when I'm not screaming and cussing because I can't finish the easiest missions because I can't lock on to someone. Especially driving. gently caress shooting and driving.

Have you looked at FPS Freeks?. They're thumbstick extenders that reduce the spring tension and increase leverage, making fine movements much easier. It's simple physics, but the catch is that your thumb sits higher which may be uncomfortable if you have short thumbs.

They make a big difference for me. If you're having trouble with movement as well, you might want the combo pack here which has a stubby extender for the left stick: https://kontrolfreek.com/specials/gamerpack-recon.html

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Where is the easiest spot to find cows?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

From the last page and as said only tangentially related to GTA, but I would totally check out a Bully sequel set in college. Or just any Bully sequel in general really, that game was fun.

Finished the story this evening. Final heist was quite fun, I went for the more "subtle" approach and it was neat to basically play The Italian Job, somewhat let down by the mindless Merryweather shootout though. Will see in good time what the (ending spoilers) alternate strands do.

It's quite funny just how much money you can make pretty much effortlessly off of the assassination missions. After the Debonair/Redwood one alone, I currently have $290,000,000.

Are people able to make this much off the assassination missions because of how much you have after you finish the story? I'm about half way through and have a little over a million combined.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What exactly is a "week" for income? Is it a real life week?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

Are people able to make this much off the assassination missions because of how much you have after you finish the story? I'm about half way through and have a little over a million combined.

I have 1.7 billion per character strictly from playing the stock market through assassination missions after the conclusion of the main story. Before the final mission, I had around 1m each with Michael and Franklin, maybe 600k with Trevor. Finished the main storyline with about $39 million apiece, then stocks.

RatHat posted:

What exactly is a "week" for income? Is it a real life week?

A week in the game world.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Rad Valtar posted:

I used all my end-game cash to invest, yes.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

:siren:Just a heads up for anyone seriously investing in PIS on the 360. According to the graphs it's starting to drop back down.:siren:

Note that the graph is only the last five hours and it is back on another leg up now on 360. It looked exactly like this yesterday when I checked.

Also, I just found that you can play with Mr. Raspberry Jam before, I assume, you inevitably get kicked out of Floyd's apartment or something equally worse happens, hahaha.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
How do I trigger the Armored car robbery? I did all the set ups but I can't get it to start.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

Theres a farm to the east of Grapeseed. Do whatever it is you have planned with said cows up there.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

How do I trigger the Armored car robbery? I did all the set ups but I can't get it to start.

Have you done the first assassination mission for Lester yet? This is the point where you can't go past without doing it, usually Franklin will text the other two about it.

Sondlar posted:

Theres a farm to the east of Grapeseed. Do whatever it is you have planned with said cows up there.

:woop: Gonna go on a punching spree to get a strength boost!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

nasboat posted:

Grapeseed, the farm area to the northeast of Trevor's hangar.

e:fb

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

nasboat posted:

Have you done the first assassination mission for Lester yet? This is the point where you can't go past without doing it, usually Franklin will text the other two.

I just did it, but I'm not seeing it still.

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How many vehicles can the helipad / hangar store? Is it 4 each? I only have 2 planes and 2 helicopters in each characters and don't want to overwrite Trevor's TPI helicopter by saving a third helicopter at his helipad.

Isn't that a special helicopter and not overwritable?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
http://i.imgur.com/oMtBHaR.gif
Filmed off a TV, this gif looks real in the first few seconds. Holy crap this game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zedicus Mann posted:

Isn't that a special helicopter and not overwritable?

Seems so. Couldn't get a 3rd plane to save in the hangar or a 2nd helicopter for any other character. Good to know.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Watching the destruction of that apartment after each mission is the best.

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

I'm gonna be glad when I'm through with any and all flying missions in this game. I just got done with the later Trevor mission where he flies the crop duster into the back of the Merryweather plane. The first time they managed to shot me enough with their machine guns that the crop duster went into glide mode. The second time, I got close enough that I thought it would hit, then my controls got all stupid and it forced me under the jet, but I managed to get it. The flying in this game almost feels like an afterthought.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
I have dumb questions -

1. Does using melee weapons increase your strength, or do I have to punch people/play sports?

2. How do I use the cargobob's cable, again?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't know if we know this yet, but will there be a character creator for GTA Online? Can you play as a girl?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't know if we know this yet, but will there be a character creator for GTA Online? Can you play as a girl?

Yes and yes.

Parkour Lewis
Apr 10, 2002

Yes I wanna play.
I really really do.

HackerJoeGuy posted:

I'm gonna be glad when I'm through with any and all flying missions in this game. I just got done with the later Trevor mission where he flies the crop duster into the back of the Merryweather plane. The first time they managed to shot me enough with their machine guns that the crop duster went into glide mode. The second time, I got close enough that I thought it would hit, then my controls got all stupid and it forced me under the jet, but I managed to get it. The flying in this game almost feels like an afterthought.

Yeah, the flying's really drat wonky, but one thing I learned is to keep your thumb the hell off of the right stick while flying, especially in a chopper. Flying is one thing that GTA4 did better than 5.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

nuncle jimbo posted:

I have dumb questions -

2. How do I use the cargobob's cable, again?

Just bring the choppah down close to something and it'll snap to the hook. To release the car/sub from the choppah just press right on the dpad.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The character creator will also be a bit different than most games. Instead of picking from presets or using sliders, you'll get to choose who the mother and father of your character will be and the game will make your character based on that.

That's what I last heard, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deputy Dangerous
Mar 20, 2011

90% gravity
My favorite level-of-detail thing was the playground by the pier that's got colored rocks halfway in the sand. The thing about these rocks is that not only are they in real life, but they're the same rocks I scraped a layer of skin off my knee jumping over as an 11-year-old in the early 2000s. It was actually surreal coming upon them (by slamming into them with my SUV, of course).

• Locked thread