Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah the posts about S.Labrys were not very clear at all, looking into it some more it sounds like:

- 2C and 8C are reversed now.
- You cannot use persona attacks DURING blockstun, but since 2C and 8C are swapped now, holding downback and mashing 1C will safely get you a 2C any time there is a 1F gap in blockstun.
- S.Labrys has her persona during wakeup, but it doesn't appear you can call it until you've recovered. But you can still do reversal persona attacks now.

That's as far as I can get from what people have posted so far, haven't seen any video evidence one way or another.

So it seems people really wanted to be able to do the old 8C (uppercut move) while blocking instead? That's a naive way of thinking about things if that's the case, having to use 8C to do the fire attack messes with her anti airing a bit, since you can't call it out without jumping and you want to do the old 2C>2B, this change limits you to doing 2B>8C, which is not always the ideal timing. Reversing the commands is really a tradeoff, but maybe it's worth it.

Having persona available during wakeup is actually a really good buff. She currently has no Asterius available on wakeup, and having him during this time not only lets you do reversal SB commands for autoguard, you can also do stuff like 5C>DP much earlier than normal.. and just him being there will probably mess up combos, oki, crossups etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theonlypie314SA
Mar 19, 2013

A huge combo video database is up on Dustloop:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16927-Persona-Combo-Video-Database

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
So... Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold has been announced.

One new character (young version of the weapon shop owner?), fighting in the real world, etc. Spring 2014 it seems.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

This is what I feel happened when ATLUS was coming up the name with ArcSys. :v:

I also updated the OP with the P4A2 tidbits, I'm hella interested to see what Sho is all about, what a surprise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Is it just me, or do the new guy's swords look like the swords from Attack on Titan?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I am 100% hype. All those new moves look awesome. And we finally have the silliest fighting game name.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I really hope that Aigis now has a German Suplex move.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

PunkBoy posted:

I really hope that Aigis now has a German Suplex move.

Notably, in the changelist from past page...

quote:

Aigis
*New move: moving command grab
*New move: Orion is a new super which is an air command grab

Fools gonna get suplexed so hard.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Every character should have a suplex. Something catastrophic should happen when two people suplex eachother at the same time.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm sad Chie didn't get a chance to show off in that but everything else owns so hard I don't mind much at all.

I'm really liking that little clip of Yosuke. Dash Spring into some new V-shaped move into Kunais is gonna be so much fun. :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm sad Chie didn't get a chance to show off in that but everything else owns so hard I don't mind much at all.

I'm really liking that little clip of Yosuke. Dash Spring into some new V-shaped move into Kunais is gonna be so much fun. :allears:

That's actually his new 5AAA. That's pretty much what they were showing off across the board in that PV. All the old 5AAAs have been given to the Shadow characters to use instead. NEVERMIND I'M DUMB.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 26, 2013

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sure, give the suplex command grab to the robot that I don't play :smith:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

S-Alpha posted:

That's actually his new 5AAA. That's pretty much what they were showing off across the board in that PV. All the old 5AAAs have been given to the Shadow characters to use instead.

Isn't Dash Spring a Skill Attack as well? So it goes 5A > combo > Dash Spring > V-Kunai > Garudyne or something? Or does Yosuke just launch himself into the air with his 5AA now and continue with Flying Kunai after the V move like normal?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Isn't Dash Spring a Skill Attack as well? So it goes 5A > combo > Dash Spring > V-Kunai > Garudyne or something? Or does Yosuke just launch himself into the air with his 5AA now and continue with Flying Kunai after the V move like normal?

Aha, I didn't know that, I was going off of what I heard from others.

Taking a look at the official movelest, it looks like it's something similar to Mirage Slash, just for j.2A/B instead of j.2C/D. Thanks for that, I don't know jack about Yosuke.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
All I want in this new version is for there to be no matchups that make me immediately burst into tears. Everything else is a bonus.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Don't they need to put in the bad guy too? Whoever it is?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Superstring posted:

Look at Sho's eyes.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So is it being released on consoles?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Superstring posted:

Saving it. They're fighting in the real world at times, and Tartarus is back. That seal has to be getting frayed. Erebus possessed Minato Aristo is gonna be the final boss.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 26, 2013

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Alouicious posted:

Look at Sho's eyes.

Weapon shop guy no!

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Saving it. They're fighting in the real world at times, and Tartarus is back. That seal has to be getting frayed. Erebus possessed Minato Aristo is gonna be the final boss.

You know, if the fight is spilling out into the real world, I have to wonder just how bad the damage is. If the whole town is frozen in time (i.e. dark hour) then does that mean we might be seeing Adachi? When you think about it, he probably won't be affected by the time freeze since he has a persona power. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be pretty cool regardless.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

alcharagia posted:

So is it being released on consoles?

No announcement on that yet, but it would make almost no sense not to.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Yeah this game is now perfect.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

ApplesandOranges posted:

If the shadow characters have their own voicesets it would be even more perfect

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dj_de posted:

If the shadow characters have their own voicesets it would be even more perfect

Apparently they do, because there were mentions of Shadow Kanji having unique voice clips in the last loctest. I haven't heard anything of the sort in this one, but the focus has been on mechanics, which is more useful. Though apparently now when Shadow Kanji wins a match, he puts on the fundoshi and poses. :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I wonder if we'll get to see Elizabeth's persona in the story mode at least. She's got her own unique one now at least, so I figured this would be an important plot point.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ApplesandOranges posted:

Day 1.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
Stunedge just posted a quick summary of the current loketest: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17350-P4U2-Loketest-2-Info-sharing-News-Video-thread&p=1546713&posted=1#post1546713

- they have added many new BGM,
P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history",
P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,
P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.
They still have all the old themes so I think they switch by random?

Going to learn Shadow characters just for this.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Yep. I'm playing Shadow Kanji.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
More importantly

New boss character?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

dj_de posted:

More importantly

New boss character?

I don't care how this is being explained, all I care is that it's happening.

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Holy poo poo, Ultra Suplex Hold just gets better and better. My dick is rock-hard for this game.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

dj_de posted:

More importantly

New boss character?

Oh yes. Oh very yes. Please let this be real. :stare:

Edit: VVV I should have known better than to get my hopes up. :negative:

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 28, 2013

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

dj_de posted:

More importantly

New boss character?

It's fake. It's just fanart from Tumblr that someone on Twitter photoshoped.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The hype aside, onto the actual P4A:

I decided to try Yukiko's challenge 30 today for fun. Now the whole day has passed by and I'm so close I can taste it but yet so far. My latest attempt got me 9912 damage out of the 10,000 needed. :sweatdrop: I've gone over the ArcSys combo so many times I'm just attempting it on muscle memory alone, but it's just or two stray hits of I guess 5C not connecting.

Is there anything that can connect after an Agidyne D? If it's just that little bit I'd do anything to try to clear this challenge that has consumed my weekend.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Fruitsnacks posted:

Stunedge just posted a quick summary of the current loketest: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17350-P4U2-Loketest-2-Info-sharing-News-Video-thread&p=1546713&posted=1#post1546713

- they have added many new BGM,
P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history",
P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,
P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.
They still have all the old themes so I think they switch by random?

Going to learn Shadow characters just for this.
So...Shadow Chie and Shadow Teddie use "Castle" and "Theater" (respectively) in lieu of having their own dungeon, right? Wait, Shadow Yu and Yousuke don't have dungeons at all. I'm going to assume they get "I'll Face Myself -Battle-" instead.

Waterbed posted:

Yep. I'm playing Shadow Kanji.
ohai Day 1 purchase. /Wiseau

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Shadow Yu could either get where he fights (final boss fight in p4 i don't care I'm still spoiling it play persona 4): Heaven, the regular boss theme, or the true final boss fight music

anime was right fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 29, 2013

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Waterbed posted:

Shadow Yu could either get where he fights (final boss fight in p4 i don't care I'm still spoiling it play persona 4): Heaven, the regular boss theme, or the true final boss fight music

Are you talking about Fog or The Genesis for the last thing there?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
He could also get Long Way, from Magatsu Inaba, I suppose. There's a lot of ways he could go.

Shadow Yosuke's the biggest question in my book, since he doesn't really have anything. Even Shadow Chie has Castle.

EDIT: vv I would be very, very okay with Backside of the TV, that's still one of my favorite P4 tracks.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cleretic posted:

Shadow Yosuke's the biggest question in my book, since he doesn't really have anything. Even Shadow Chie has Castle.

Backside of the TV?

• Locked thread