Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

well I guess we're gonna bum boro after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It makes me sad to say this but I think it's time for Tony to go.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

McClaren in?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

the sex ghost posted:

McClaren in?

If he doesn't end up at Sunderland Poyet would be a good shout.

Comedy option Paulo Di Canio.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
There's a proper gap opening between the promotion pack and the rest of the table. I know it's early days and blah, but a 5 point gap between 7th and 8th after 9 games is pretty weird.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

leeds are poo poo
sam byram is poo poo
stephen warnock is poo poo and a oval office

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

leeds are poo poo
sam byram is poo poo
stephen warnock is poo poo and a oval office

i dont like any of this

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

We were lucky to get 3 points against Wigan, they made some decent plays and Watford's defence was a proper mess at times. Anya, Doyley and Almunia are the only players on the squad which don't constantly gently caress up and the former two are only decent. Forestieri should be used as a sub mainly imo, he's such a liability when he loses focus or gets worked up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Nigel Clough's been sacked

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

irlZaphod posted:

Nigel Clough's been sacked

hmm, Weird, Derby aren't that bad and with a squad like this it would be delusional to expect a promotion.

Tony Pulis was watching the game, make of that what you like.

Charlotte Hornets fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 28, 2013

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

we've been on the shittest run of form

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

TelekineticBear! posted:

we've been on the shittest run of form

:allears: Go on...

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

thehappyprince posted:

machedas the new billy sharp

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I'd also love to hear more.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Derby have approached QPR about Steve McClaren. Sunderland apparently have also had some contact with him, but either way his 3-month contract is up soon and I imagine he'll be gone once it's finished.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

'arry's not fled into the night with a brown envelope full of Fernandes' cash so it's probably safe for him to go.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

We never looked like doing anything against QPR. I mean they have a better squad than us, but with about 60 minutes gone we had just settled for a 2-0 loss and didn't really bother. Kamara didn't give a gently caress and was useless; Butterfield tries hard but he doesn't have any real quality, and Richardson is one of the worst defenders in the Championship.

Tony has to go, we've known this since the end of last season, but we presumably can't afford to sack him. I can't see any other reason for him still being here. Unless Gibson is happy with an 18th place finish and a slow decay into League 1.

e: Our support was really good though, even the random Norwegian blokes sat behind us that gave Rob Green hell for the second half.

Raffles fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 30, 2013

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I didn't know it since the end of last season I was hoping he would turn it around but I was wrong.

I don't know what this club has to do to instill a sense of fight and purpose it's a rot that set in since Southgate and three managers later we're no better.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Well Tony looked like he had cracked it during the first half of last season. We were 3rd (I think) at Christmas and had beaten quite a few good teams (Palace, Watford, Hull), but then the bottom fell out. I don't know what happened to break our season, but it's clear that we need a fresh approach to get things going again. Mowbray is clearly out of ideas, so maybe get someone new to come in with his own coaching staff (not McClaren).

What have we got to lose at this point?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Yeah Calendar year 2012 was great but that's not enough.

I'd even take McClaren back at this point. Or O'Neil. Anybody except Paolo Di Canio.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Mendieta is still settled in the region AFAIK give him a ring.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah he married a lass from Yarm apparently; his son goes to my old school.

Gibson won't sack Mowbray for a good while anyway.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Jem Karacan hosed up both his cruciate and medial against Leeds and will be out for at least the rest of the season.

The last time he played against Leeds his ankle got snapped and he spent the rest of the season on crutches. RIP.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Raffles posted:

Yeah he married a lass from Yarm apparently; his son goes to my old school.

I was behind him in the queue at the M&S bureau de change a bit back he was picking up some Euros.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
McClaren to Derby is a done deal.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pissflaps posted:

Did he lose his passport or something?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Jesus, what's going on at Pride Park? Four goals in the first 13 minutes.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
of all the people to score first it had to be that fat gently caress Reid come on Charlton

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I think it says something about QPR's lack of goalscoring that our 'goal of the month' selection includes two very average penalties and a 1 yard tapin.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/30/nottingham-forest-jim-price-billy-davies

Nottingham Forest banned the Guardian's chief football writer for attending a match without writing a match report. Also one of their "directors" probably isn't a fit and proper person

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
It's a shame to see such a historic club become involved with unscrupulous businessmen and goal music.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Anton Zingarevich was meant to pay the rest of the money to take over Reading by September this year, but hasn't. They've extended the deadline, but it's not something anyone can spin as massively positive.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/30/nottingham-forest-jim-price-billy-davies

Nottingham Forest banned the Guardian's chief football writer for attending a match without writing a match report. Also one of their "directors" probably isn't a fit and proper person

Sounds like they haven't changed since the 80s.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's nice that a different Championship club have banned the Guardian for a change

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Where do you guys watch highlights of the games? I used footytube.com, but lately it's getting kind of rubbish. And on the UEFA site, there are only 30 second highlights clips. :rolleyes:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
For some of us there are no highlights.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

There were just 12,793 fans at the Boro vs Huddersfield game on Tuesday. In a 35,000 seat stadium. I wonder how long we can keep up with attendances like that before we get into real financial trouble?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

beedeebee posted:

Where do you guys watch highlights of the games? I used footytube.com, but lately it's getting kind of rubbish. And on the UEFA site, there are only 30 second highlights clips. :rolleyes:

Oh wow, meant to post this in the CL thread. :downsgun:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
loving finally... :getin: !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
leeds are bad yall. really bad in fact

• Locked thread