Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Gruffalo Soldier posted:

The TG picture thread came up trumps.

You know, we should just delegate this thread to that one and call it a day.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

First one needs to go on the hood. I don't care about the rest of the car, but metal burning-car space wizard needs to be on the hood of that car.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bertrand Hustle posted:

First one needs to go on the hood. I don't care about the rest of the car, but metal burning-car space wizard needs to be on the hood of that car.

They'd be better as Van art. Stick the Wizard on the left side of the van and the Dwarf on the right, then ride on with them at your sides to immortal glory :rock:.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

They need to fire their PR people. What a great opportunity gone to waste. Offer a couple bucks for it and prove that they live up to their name.

Instead they sent a nasty letter that's gone viral.

:bravo:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Zero One posted:

They need to fire their PR people. What a great opportunity gone to waste. Offer a couple bucks for it and prove that they live up to their name.

Eh, once you do something like it just opens the floodgates and then everyone will be trying to sell their stupid fisher price cars to them.

Though they could have offered to buy it, and others and donate them to charity.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Leper Residue posted:

Eh, once you do something like it just opens the floodgates and then everyone will be trying to sell their stupid fisher price cars to them.
That will not happen.

However, no such thing as bad publicity. I didn't know this company existed beforehand. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually MADE money off the viral letter.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
All they really had to do to fully win was not be dicks, and instead take it straight-faced and ask for vin / plate number / title / any legal identifier a real car has in order to complete the sale. Instead, they chose to be humorless and rude.

And yeah, "no such thing as bad publicity"? Tell Ford to bring back the Pinto name and see how well it sells.

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

The Land of the Robots will rise again
pink goat!

so punk

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They'd be better as Van art. Stick the Wizard on the left side of the van and the Dwarf on the right, then ride on with them at your sides to immortal glory :rock:.

If you got a ill ride with a wizard on the side,
everybody let me see you put your vans up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQ8VoiPcIQ

(Satellite High, Put Your Vans Up)

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Zero One posted:

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

All they really had to do to fully win was not be dicks, and instead take it straight-faced and ask for vin / plate number / title / any legal identifier a real car has in order to complete the sale. Instead, they chose to be humorless and rude.

And yeah, "no such thing as bad publicity"? Tell Ford to bring back the Pinto name and see how well it sells.

And here I am thinking the letter is the funny part. They weren't "nasty", a nasty letter would have been insulting to the person. There's no insults there, just a couple well written paragraphs with punchlines.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

stratdax posted:

And here I am thinking the letter is the funny part. They weren't "nasty", a nasty letter would have been insulting to the person. There's no insults there, just a couple well written paragraphs with punchlines.

I'm not sure you know what a punchline is.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
What are you talking about? "This is the last time we will contact you" is a real zinger. Man that punch-line made me laugh and laugh.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

If they just wrote "You're wasting our time. We have no interest in your item. Don't contact us again", THAT would by nasty and assholish. But it's a helluva lot different than what they actually wrote, given the context and tone of the words surrounding those things.

Lighten up guys, sheesh. It's a funny letter.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
It's not real

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
That letter is not real you guys

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The artist agreed.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Mad Pino Rage posted:

These were posted by some of the elevators throughout campus. Note: none of the elevators are voice activated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Navy people would wonder why you were named after the submarine class

Excuse me, but Akula is Russian for shark. I can think of no better name. :black101:

Bippie Mishap
Oct 12, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

However, no such thing as bad publicity.

That is a dumb saying so here's the commercial for We buy any car because I hate you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N52pcjil2_Y

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!

That guy in the background is so loving happy there is a goat in front of him.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Gruffalo Soldier posted:

I may have the opportunity to have my car airbrushed by a friend. With this in mind, please post your most favourite examples of airbrushed art so that I can give examples.

Titty Spock, dude. Just found this gem one alley away from my house.

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/xsnx51M.jpg

[modedit: linked NWS image]

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Sep 29, 2013

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Every day man. All the time.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

There's a video too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv-9CwIslaY

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

What am I looking at? I see that there's the outline of a horse there, but is it made of water? And if so, where did the water come from?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

particle409 posted:

What am I looking at? I see that there's the outline of a horse there, but is it made of water? And if so, where did the water come from?

Given the presence of the pipes I'm pretty sure it's being sprayed.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

particle409 posted:

The water came from Photoshop, apparently.

http://www.photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/photo-manipulation/how-to-create-an-awesome-see-through-water-horse-in-photoshop/

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

particle409 posted:

It's a sea horse! :haw:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's obviously a water horse!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's obviously a water horse!

That kid's clearly about to get et.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
If you know American history this is pretty funny

Although I do hope they left a cash tip :ohdear:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Amused to Death posted:

If you know American history this is pretty funny

Although I do hope they left a cash tip :ohdear:

That's the customer copy. They probably wrote the tip on the merchant copy.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

fool_of_sound posted:

That's the customer copy. They probably wrote the tip on the merchant copy.

Ha, you're right, jesus I'm blind. So much for that, what made it funny to me was the idea of a server getting that and either just being terribly confused or appreciating the nerdy joke.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

And for those of us who "don't know American history"?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cakefool posted:

And for those of us who "don't know American history"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_boundary_dispute

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So, it's less " know American history" and more "spent 6 years getting a worthless American History Degree".

(serisouly, its such a minor, esoteric, bit of lore that is akin to knowing what Princess Di had for breakfest the day she died.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, it's less " know American history" and more "spent 6 years getting a worthless American History Degree".

(serisouly, its such a minor, esoteric, bit of lore that is akin to knowing what Princess Di had for breakfest the day she died.)
v:shobon:v I'm pretty ignorant of history generally and I recognized it.

• Locked thread