Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Detective comics #371. 1968.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BrownBomber posted:

I tried to explain how we got from the end of New X-Men to this panel to a friend and sounded like a crazy person.

This is pretty much comics all the time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I found this on tumblr:

The Looney Lanterns, that last panel killed me :haw:

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Nope, the best bit is the karaoke lyrics to Poker Face as sung by Porky the Pig.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

That's a sick-rear end German suplex! That one guy almost has Batman in the Tazmission.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Nope, the best bit is the karaoke lyrics to Poker Face as sung by Porky the Pig.

That's not porky the pig :confused:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ignite Memories posted:

That's not porky the pig :confused:

Check the Karaoke screen more closely, to be honest I only saw it after he pointed it out :v:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Check the Karaoke screen more closely, to be honest I only saw it after he pointed it out :v:

That is actually how Lady Gaga sings the song.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Those are the regular lyrics!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Having Porky Pig singing it would have been pretty funny though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The joke/reference is that the guy on stage is the opera singer from this classic Bugs cartoon. Uptight opera singer belting out pop songs in a bar.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

Say Nothing posted:

If the tights are actually nylons, then the underwear-over-tights thing actually makes sense.

I refuse to believe that Batgirl doesn't have any clear nailpolish in her Batbag.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Is that x head guy cyclops?

If so, how does he shoot optic blasts?

His powers are screwed up right now and the traditional visor isn't exactly containing them like they used to.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
So he's got the more XXXXXXX-TREEEEMMMEEEE headgear?

Haven't read xmen titles in a few years.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Seriously, how does that X-visor work in terms of opening/closing?

Also any time you have to mention powers needing special gear to contain them, I immediately think of lovely shonen anime and bad 90s superhero comics.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ruby-quartz liquid crystal shutters, duh.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
The answer is " "

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

So he's got the more XXXXXXX-TREEEEMMMEEEE headgear?

Haven't read xmen titles in a few years.
He's wearing it as intentional iconography. The rest of his X-Men are all in black and white, and then he's got the big red X right on his face. He's literally making himself the face of the mutant movement.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Seriously, how does that X-visor work in terms of opening/closing?

The same way the classic one works, Scott puts his hand to his head and magically beams shoot out. The visor doesn't open or anything, just BEAMS. Alternately, occasionally he just blasts without even putting a hand near his visor, so really the visor just works on the power of "when it needs to work".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Is the other X-stuff going on right now decent?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

The same way the classic one works, Scott puts his hand to his head and magically beams shoot out. The visor doesn't open or anything, just BEAMS. Alternately, occasionally he just blasts without even putting a hand near his visor, so really the visor just works on the power of "when it needs to work".

Actually the times he does it without touching the visor is because he uses controls in his gloves. Something like touching certain fingers together.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

An old comic I have somewhere explains it! There's buttons on the sides of the visors and also in his gloves. He can also control the size of the opening so if he wants a small beam to press a button in some insane Kirby-machine without destroying it, he can do so.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Also, the visor controls are more sensitive, so unless he touches those it's just your bread and butter mid-power beam.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The real "how does he shoot" question is how does he shoot when his eyes are behind the black portions of the costume?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

CapnAndy posted:

He's wearing it as intentional iconography. The rest of his X-Men are all in black and white, and then he's got the big red X right on his face. He's literally making himself the face of the mutant movement.
By hiding even more of his face :downs:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

The real "how does he shoot" question is how does he shoot when his eyes are behind the black portions of the costume?

Unstable molecules?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Whatever. Cyke's Racer X mask is rad as hell, and it makes him look cool., which is like the whole point of a costume. Take a look at Magneto right now. Now THAT is an awful costume.

Atomic Robo and the Shadow From Beyond Time (Number 2 I think?)

It feels a little like cheating posting from Atomic Robo. I'm mostly picking this one cause I'm sure it is a Back to the Future reference.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 29, 2013

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

mind the walrus posted:

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Is the other X-stuff going on right now decent?
The X-line as a whole is quite possibly the best it's ever been. There is seriously not a bad book, and several great ones.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

CapnAndy posted:

There is seriously not a bad book, and several great ones.

I'm sorry, but even putting aside my distaste for Bendis' work (All New and Uncanny), the new Uncanny X-Force is disliked by quite a few people. Mediocre and boring at best, dreadful in its nonsense and plots going nowhere.

The other X-Force book, though? Cable and his strike team? Never hear anyone talking about it, but I enjoy it a lot. It's like the best parts of the 90's in modern writing and good art. For similar reasons I ignored it as long as I did Scartlet Spider -- my mistake. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Uh, didn't realize I wasn't on the X-Men thread. Have some 80's Iron Man (#223):

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 29, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Clearly he just crosses his eyes towards the red part and prays to God that his target isn't moving too much.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Saoshyant posted:

Uh, didn't realize I wasn't on the X-Men thread. Have some 80's Iron Man (#223):

...said sarcastically, while rolling his eyes.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code
Found this in YLLS subforum. Memories of old tintin books came FLOODING back.

Source: I DONT KNOW! I think it's tintin, Flight 714, but i honestly haven't a clue. :(

shelper fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 29, 2013

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
As usual, I can't find the source.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

shelper posted:

Found this in YLLS subforum. Memories of old tintin books came FLOODING back.

Source: I DONT KNOW! I think it's tintin, Flight 714, but i honestly haven't a clue. :(
Yes, this is the professor showing off the honorable and great martial art of savate in Flight 714 to Sydney. His proficiency for savate is shared by popular super-villain Batroc the Leaper.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ubergnu posted:

...said sarcastically, while rolling his eyes.

Who dyou have to hate on Tony when he's just letting his Soul Glo?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Saoshyant posted:

I'm sorry, but even putting aside my distaste for Bendis' work (All New and Uncanny), the new Uncanny X-Force is disliked by quite a few people. Mediocre and boring at best, dreadful in its nonsense and plots going nowhere.

The other X-Force book, though? Cable and his strike team? Never hear anyone talking about it, but I enjoy it a lot. It's like the best parts of the 90's in modern writing and good art. For similar reasons I ignored it as long as I did Scartlet Spider -- my mistake. Don't judge a book by its cover.

So during the 80s, Kevin Keegan became Iron Man?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Say Nothing posted:

As usual, I can't find the source.

Original work:

http://grim-realizations.tumblr.com/post/49468306898/debbil-says-hai

Source for the above photoshop:

http://pizzzatime.biz/post/54543851841

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Naw, Frank makes art by manipulating/redrawing vintage comicbook panels. He posts his source in a link here but the tumblr trail eventually leads to a dead link.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had no idea that Darkseid sitting on chairs was such an old custom.

New Gods #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
#SuperheroProblems

Empowered vol 1

• Locked thread