Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Geno posted:

Thanks for the info. Just talked to my vet. She said from the urinary analysis, my cat is lacking a bit in the water department and will need to eat just wet food for at least a week. I'm curious if I should put in water in the wet food or should it already be enough?

Generally, my cat will try the litter box first and if he can't go there, he'll go somewhere on my kitchen. The good thing is that he does urinate easily instead of straining and getting a droplet or two out. Any tips for trying to make him stick to the litter box?

I'm on my phone and can't check back to your original post on this, but is there a reason he can't get to the litterbox, like another cat using it? Or is it that he can't get there in time? Either way, you may want to add another box in your house so he has more options.

Additionally, if he might be averse to using the box for any reason, try scooping more frequently and consider using Cat Attract litter or litter additive. It's very good at encouraging cats to use the litterbox instead of rugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Geno posted:

Thanks for the info. Just talked to my vet. She said from the urinary analysis, my cat is lacking a bit in the water department and will need to eat just wet food for at least a week. I'm curious if I should put in water in the wet food or should it already be enough?

Generally, my cat will try the litter box first and if he can't go there, he'll go somewhere on my kitchen. The good thing is that he does urinate easily instead of straining and getting a droplet or two out. Any tips for trying to make him stick to the litter box?

The wet food should suffice, as most of wet food is water anyway. Many cats on wet food don't drink water as their meal gets most of it, but then extra water is always better. If you want, you certainly add more water. Won't hurt.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Intuition as guided by experience
I need some advice on cat/kitten introduction. First some back ground info. We adopted Fluffy from the shelter about 6 years ago. She was about 5 at the time, so we guess she is around 11 or maybe 12. We adopted another adult cat at the same time, Maggie. Maggie and Fluffy were never able to peacefully coexist. Maggie was very skittish, which just seemed to invite Fluffy to beat up on her. Maggie started to have nervous peeing and pooing outside of the box so we separated them. We tried just about everything to help them get along. We did the eat on both sides of the door, but Maggie was absolutely not interested. We tried kitty Prozac but Maggie was impossible to pill. We tried Feliaway. We tried feeding both of them treats with Fluffy in the carrier and Maggie roaming around. Maggie was uninterested in treats. After about a year of trying everything, we gave up and resigned ourselves to Maggie being confined to her own room. She seemed happy enough, but continued to mark. Eventually she was diagnosed with transitional cell carcinoma in her bladder. The prognosis was 100% fatal with life expectancy to be less than a year from diagnosis. We put her to sleep February of 2010.

Fluffy has lived alone since then, a pampered princess with nearly all the pats she could ever want. She is a pretty easy-going cat. She has never bitten or scratched us even once in the 6 years she's been with us. You can hold her like a baby, give her pills and clip her nails with a minimum of fuss. She is emotionally needy though and will follow us from room to room sometimes. She will stare at us endlessly when she is not sitting on one of our laps and getting pats. She's not as playful as she used to be. The most you can get her to do is roll on her back and bat at the feather toy. She pretty much won't chase anything anymore. She's getting older and slowing down a bit. We bought her some step stools to help her get on the couch and our bed.

On Sunday we took in an 8 week old female kitten named Twist. She is the result of a neighbor's unspayed cat getting out. I would never have adopted a kitten but I found her outside crying and my heart melted. What struck me about Twist was how confident she is. She came right up to me and let me pick her up. I took her to the vet on Thursday for her first round of shots and the vet commented on how tolerant she was. Since she has had her shots and came back negative for FIV we have started the introduction process. Twist is trying to run out the door every chance she gets. We started giving her "kitten field trips" to other parts of the house. While we were in the yarn room with the kitten, Fluffy stuck her paw under the door. Twist followed suit and did a lot of sniffing. So far no problem. We then returned Twist to her room and opened the door a crack. Fluffy again stuck her paw under the door and sniffed, Twist did the same. No hissing, no puffing up.

Last night we fed Fluffy and Twist on either side of the door to the spare room. Again no problem. Fluffy ate her food, sniffed at the door and then walked away. Today we brought home a baby gate and set it up in the door way. We lured Fluffy over with treats in the hallway. She was willing to eat the treats right next to the gate and came nose to nose with Twist. Twist was very interested, tail up and sniffing. One little snag came when Twist stuck her paw through the gate and bopped Fluffy on the head while she was munching her treat. Fluffy let out a very big hiss. Twist sat down but didn't move away. Fluffy then ate the rest of her treat and walked away. This evening we fed them on either side of the baby gate. Again they touched noses. Twist was very interested again and had her tail up the entire time and purred continuously. Fluffy ate about half of her food, sniffed Twist and then walked away again.

So, I think it's going well? I'm not really sure what to do next though. I really, really want this to go well. After the situation with Maggie I don't think we could handle another cat Cold War. I guess I'm not setting my heart on having them be bffs but tolerance would be fantastic. Any advice? Suggestions? Thanks for letting me vent my insecurities.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Bad Mitten posted:

So, I think it's going well? I'm not really sure what to do next though. I really, really want this to go well. After the situation with Maggie I don't think we could handle another cat Cold War. I guess I'm not setting my heart on having them be bffs but tolerance would be fantastic. Any advice? Suggestions? Thanks for letting me vent my insecurities.

Sounds like it's going fantastically to me! We've got an older cat who tolerates but dislikes our kitten and it took ages to get them to eat that close (we've had the kitten for abour 6 months now). There also would have been fireworks if the kitten had dared to touch the older cat. But in general they live pretty well together with a minimum of fuss and stress. So if yours are already acting like you describe then I'm sure things are going to be just fine.

Braki
Aug 9, 2006

Happy birthday!

HelloSailorSign posted:

The wet food should suffice, as most of wet food is water anyway. Many cats on wet food don't drink water as their meal gets most of it, but then extra water is always better. If you want, you certainly add more water. Won't hurt.

I totally caused medullary washout and made my cat PU/PD by doing this. Had a pretty brief panic that he was going into renal failure.

Blinks
May 9, 2004
Just cos a rape kit came up positive, that doesn't mean she was raped!

Bad Mitten posted:

Sounds like it is going stupidly well! I recently introduced a kitten to our grumpy (but adorable) cat. Intro's went well but there has been a lot of hissing (which has pretty much stopped) but there is still loads of rough-housing. They play fight all the time. It's the kitten that initiates it too. So just be aware of that. If they are as chill around each other as you say, I'd let them meet face to face.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Thanks! I'm trying not to be super neurotic but I don't want to rush things either. So, we let Twist have a little wander about the upper floor with Fluffy this morning. First in the office there was more sniffing, initiated by both of them. Twist kinda explored and then would come back to Fluffy and sniff her nose again. Fluffy for the most part assumed loaf shape and watched while we gave her lots of pats. After a few minutes Fluffy decided to change locations and sat in the hallway. Twist puffed up her tail and walked past. Fluffy just watched her. Then Twist went into full puff and galloped up and down the hallway. Fluffy still watched. No hissing, just puffed tail, arched back and crazy crab-walking. Kinda not sure if Twist was scared of Fluffy or just trying to get her to play. Fluffy is about 15 lbs and Twist is all of 2 lbs 13 oz. At that point we decided to stop just in case.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Hahaha it sounds like everything is going well! When we first released pizza brother into the apartment from the bathroom, Ozma followed him around hissing and hitting him...of course, he was 6 months old, so old enough to take a few swats in stride. He calmly wandered around the apartment as she followed him, smacking him any time he'd pause.

If nobody is fighting or getting hurt, there's no harm in letting them be.

Edit: for reference, here are the two of them now, about a year later:

Rat Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 29, 2013

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My Siamese however was 17 and healthy to the point where he was still running around yowling jumping on *everything* and acting like a newborn with all his energy. It was frankly scary. We had to put him down though because our current apartment was threatening to evict us and we couldn't find anyone to adopt a 17 year old cat, and we knew if we gave him to a shelter (which, I've raised him for 17 years, the thought of that alone was killing me) he wouldn't do well and there's no way he'd find a home. When we put him down it was the absolute worst thing in the world because the cat was clinging to me on his hindlegs wanting to go home when the doctors approached with the needle. I still haven't forgiven myself for it.

First you post about declawing and then this? Jesus christ.

Your poor cat "healthy to the point of acting like a newborn" apparently "wouldn't do well" in a shelter, you assume, based on nothing. So you had him killed instead and watched him cling to you trying to stay alive while you thought "well, I raised him for 17 years, I can't put him in a shelter".

Your posts loving suck.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
How do you even begin to correct stuff like that? That poster obviously sees pets as commodities rather than companions after living with them for over a decade. I'm a loving pinko, my job is as a case worker for child prison inmates and I spend a shitload of time raging against the machine, so it makes sense that someone like me would be outraged about evilly banal animal abuse. What do you say to a person who thinks that it's okay to mutilate and kill a perfectly healthy creature because they don't fit their lifestyle? They are absolutely going to try to get another mammalian accessory. How can we stop that from happening, because it is loving heartbreaking?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I want to thank the two previous posters for being as outraged as I was. I'll watch my words for the sake of simple civility, but CoolGuy is absolutely appalling.

Bad Mitten posted:

New Kitten

I am in a slightly similar situation. I trapped and adopted two ferals back in early August. They're about 4 months now, getting big and are doing grand. Today I managed to catch by hand a little black kitten with white socks, about 6-8 weeks and eating solid food. I was holding her and my shorthair got close and hissed loudly, so for now they are in my common area but separated. I bought a refill for my Feliway plugin today and I hope that that helps the new girl adjust and the old guard adjust to her. I made sure that she ate some wet food and I put some ophthalmic gel on her goopy eye. She actually purrs like a champion when I hold her close, so I am hoping that that means an easy transition.

I promised myself that I would stop at two cats, but it is going to be hard to part with this one.

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
For what it's worth, I've heard a lot of stories of cats hating each other initially but becoming very close eventually. Your girls are all very young still, I'm sure it won't be much trouble getting them to adjust to each other. Bad Mitten, it sounds like your introductions are going very well -- there's been no hissing or attempts at fights, so I'm sure the cats will get used to each other very quickly, too.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

mcknitknot posted:

The best and only advice received? "Take her to the vet". That's Goon gold there!

I know this is from a few pages ago. But would the advice even if we could have known that your cat was in heat still be...take her to the vet, and get her spayed?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

weavernaut posted:

For what it's worth, I've heard a lot of stories of cats hating each other initially but becoming very close eventually. Your girls are all very young still, I'm sure it won't be much trouble getting them to adjust to each other. Bad Mitten, it sounds like your introductions are going very well -- there's been no hissing or attempts at fights, so I'm sure the cats will get used to each other very quickly, too.

Yeah, our cats aren't really buddies but they get along fine. They each have their own area in the house that's their home "turf" that the others don't mess with, while other areas are communal. It's been amusing watching them selecting strategic points to casually lay on, as a means of establishing ownership.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bit late to respond but last year I had to put down both of my cats (one 18 and sick,Persian, and my 17 year old Siamese)

The Persian had gotten sick and couldn't even keep her head up (she's put it against the floor or a door and just... sit there) so when we put her down it was sad but it was for the best. I was upset but I kept her in my heart because of it.

My Siamese however was 17 and healthy to the point where he was still running around yowling jumping on *everything* and acting like a newborn with all his energy. It was frankly scary. We had to put him down though because our current apartment was threatening to evict us and we couldn't find anyone to adopt a 17 year old cat, and we knew if we gave him to a shelter (which, I've raised him for 17 years, the thought of that alone was killing me) he wouldn't do well and there's no way he'd find a home. When we put him down it was the absolute worst thing in the world because the cat was clinging to me on his hindlegs wanting to go home when the doctors approached with the needle. I still haven't forgiven myself for it.

Just know it could of been a lot worse. My two recent cats I've been posting about on and off have helped me tremendously, though I highly suggest giving some time before getting another (if you even plan to).

Should you have gotten another cat if you have a history of killing your cat when your living situation changes

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
It was almost play!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23854362@N04/10008652483/
Fluffy's idea of play is watching someone wave the feather around while she sit there. One hiss when Twist tried to swat her.

To get a better idea of the size difference.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23854362@N04/10008601576/

Edit: I fail at posting pics.

Bad Mitten fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 29, 2013

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
God drat, Fluffy is gigantic compared to Twist. :stare: Is it just all the fluff or is Twist unusually tiny?

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Fluffy is about 14 or 16 lbs and very, very fluffy. She's a mite overweight. Twist is not yet 3 lbs. Fortunately Fluffy is also pretty lazy so I doubt that she would be able to catch Twist if she decided to make chase. Twist is only 9 weeks old. Her mother seemed to be of a similar size to Fluffy so I expect they will be comparable in size. Her mother's owners said she was Maine Coon, but all people in this area think their domestic long hairs are Maine Coons.

Bad Mitten fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 29, 2013

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Story time then a question!

My wife had 2 cats before we met, both rescue a white long hair female and a male tuxedo cat. The male had some issues with urination and ruined a couch before we figured it out but we thought if we kept the litter box clean twice a day it was manageable. Fast forward awhile and we bring home our new daughter and deal with the stress of a newborn in the house. This goes on for about 5 weeks till we notice that the male has lost a lot of weight and as I'm out of the house M-F from 6am to 7:30pm and she's dealing with our daughter I make note to take him to the vet the next Saturday. Before that though he completely soaks the nursing chair that is the only place my wife can nurse without being in pain and she nearly breaks down from the stress of the baby and losing the only comfortable place in the house. So I spend a few hours at night cleaning the padding of the chair with various cleansers and even pressure washing it, and we isolate the male in the only room in the house that's not wall to wall carpeted, the laundry room. Weekend comes, I take kitty in, he weights 5 1/2# and goes to an emergency care clinic. They think we're going to lose him but after a few days he bounces back, the diagnosis: Degenerate kidney failure. So a regimen of force feeding him food to get his weight up along with eyedroppers of medicine that he hates follows. But he does come back going up to 11 pounds at the last weigh-in. But we still need to keep him off the carpet as his control seems really weak. So most nights we spend in the room off the laundry room letting him in there and the laundry room where is food/litter-box is and he seems more social and happier than before.

The problem is though that the long hair cat has gone so long without him that if they meet she hisses at him and gets stressed out and then runs away. This is compounded by now that the baby is crawling and getting real close to walking, we're moving all the food/litter down to the basement and plan on giving the female the run of the basement minus the laundry room. So some mornings I catch her outside the laundry room door hissing at it while the male meows inside.

My question: What's the best way to reintroduce them? I'd like to come home from work and have a family time with both cats and my daughter but the female feels trapped if the door is closed and the male will make a break for it if the door is open.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
loving ugh. I just got back from 5 weeks in Europe to find that our cats are all busted and the house sitter, who is not an animal person, had no idea. Both cats were covered in fleas and flea dirt, they're both not eating normally and have lost weight (Hugo's lost almost a pound) and Decoy has a ton of scabs and puncture marks all down his face, ears and neck from cat fights because the dude let them outside 24/7. I'm waiting on an order of wet food and worming tablets to arrive so I can stuff them full of tasty things and make sure they haven't picked up worms from who the hell knows where.

That said, I think they're slowly coming right food wise and Decoy's war wounds seem to be healing cleanly, but god damnit I wanted to come home to happy and healthy animals.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gah I probably missed it in the OP but will ask anyway.

My adopted kitty Sam has finally melded into the home and has been "accepted" by my other cat. With that out of the way I was ready to love the two of them... but jesus christ Sam smells like total rear end.

I've given her a bath (and got scratched all to hell) and she just stinks like high hell. She's sweet as can be (and frequently trys to lean in to nuzzle her face against mine) but when she does I cringe and back away because holy poo poo

When I adopted her last week the facility said she had JUST got a checkup (and neutered) and they didn't find anything wrong with her and her litterbox is always clean so I have no idea what the hell is causing it. She's almost always in my room trying to cuddle and I'm extremely worried.

Edit: And sorry about loving my Siamese? I couldn't find a shelter that wasn't a no-kill shelter and we were told if we didn't get rid of him "the next day" I'd be homeless. You're a loving rear end in a top hat if you think I didn't call around trying to find him a home and that I sat back and my first thought was "this things gotta die." Each shelter I called asked how old he was and I kept getting told "You DO know how old he is right?" or flat out told that he was to old. Combined with my mother telling me that "I knew what I had to do" I didn't see any other option. You're absolutely psychotic if you think I took any kind of pleasure from it.

Like if I could of done something differently I would of, and I'm sorry but don't try to make it sound like it was a easy choice as it still fucks with me.

Edit2: Seriously this threads loving with me. What could I have done differently? I'm sitting here at 4:30 in the morning holding my old picture of him and I genuinely want to know what I could of done because I still regret it to this day.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 30, 2013

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
So our cats have a terrible habit of pilfering the kitchen sink and counter while we are sleeping. Obviously the main solution is just do dishes more often, but we are trying alternatives for those times we are rushed or lazy. We tried Sss cat and it worked me, our main gripe is within 3 weeks both containers were out, so it is looking a bit expensive to have to keep replacing them.

We found this product, and would love feedback on if it's good for cats (we have no dogs). The amazon reviews are 50/50.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003HHFW8S/ref=aw_d_dsc_pet-supplies

And Jesus Christ that earlier idiot posting about killing his 17 year old cat so he could move is depressing. I can relate to having a hard time finding a place that allows animals and/or doesn't have expensive pet fees, but it isn't that drat hard. This is going to bother me all day.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit2: Seriously this threads loving with me. What could I have done differently? I'm sitting here at 4:30 in the morning holding my old picture of him and I genuinely want to know what I could of done because I still regret it to this day.

Find a friend to host the cat for a few days while you figured out a better solution.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 30, 2013

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Seriously this threads loving with me. What could I have done differently? I'm sitting here at 4:30 in the morning holding my old picture of him and I genuinely want to know what I could of done because I still regret it to this day.

I don't believe you that the shelters just said no because of his age, but even if they did, you didn't want to take him there because it's a kill shelter? Do you see the problem with killing a cat so you don't have to take it to a place that might kill it?

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like if I could of done something differently I would of, and I'm sorry but don't try to make it sound like it was a easy choice as it still fucks with me.

There are places that can board your cat for a reasonable fee while you think of more options. There are even hotels and motels that are pet friendly. Assuming you live in the US, eviction is usually a lengthy process with legal considerations. What sort of living situation were you in where the cat became such a problem that you were given 24 hours' notice?

What you could have done differently was not take care of a cat that was putting your lease at risk, and have a back-up plan should you lose your place. People like you are the reason why it's nearly impossible to adopt a cat from a shelter unless you have your own place.

But what's done is done. The scary thing is that, if you honestly could not think of a single option to keep other cat in your care, I don't see how this new kitten will fare any better.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

in_cahoots posted:

There are places that can board your cat for a reasonable fee while you think of more options. There are even hotels and motels that are pet friendly. Assuming you live in the US, eviction is usually a lengthy process with legal considerations. What sort of living situation were you in where the cat became such a problem that you were given 24 hours' notice?

What you could have done differently was not take care of a cat that was putting your lease at risk, and have a back-up plan should you lose your place. People like you are the reason why it's nearly impossible to adopt a cat from a shelter unless you have your own place.

But what's done is done. The scary thing is that, if you honestly could not think of a single option to keep other cat in your care, I don't see how this new kitten will fare any better.

The only reason I did it was because of his age and everyone telling me that if I sent him to a shelter he'd die alone and I couldn't stand the mental image of him being in a sterile environment alone in his last few months. I raised him since he was little and he was my friend.

As for the living situation we had received a letter about a smell problem (we asked the neighbors if and no one seemed to notice) and hired the apartments cleaners anyway (they owned their own cleaning business) and did absolutely everything we could to fill their criteria. We paid extra from all the chemicals they were trying to push everything. Then we came home and there was a note taped to our door from the office saying we had to get rid of him the next day anyway.

Please stop treating it like I owned this previous cat for a few months when I had him for all 17 years of his life when he was probably one of the only things that made me happy. There is no "oh I bet this cats super hosed now that it's in his care!!" or any bullshit you wanna start. You can disagree with the choice I made because gently caress I do but it happened. I couldn't find anything in the night I was given and it's something I rip myself apart for regardless if I was told it was the right thing to do. We

Also a back up plan is easy enough to say dude but you weren't there, I didn't think anything like this would happen and frankly you aren't living my life and in my situation I bet you wouldn't of been able to make much of a better call. Now all I can do is try to take care of the cats in my care now and it's the only reason I'm coming to the thread to get poo poo on.

Also, adding to that I tell the exact same thing I put here to agencies (with a little more detail mind) and I usually get told "Yeah I understand, I'm sorry that had to happen to you." and hear similar stories from the workers themselves so no it's not people like me making it harder. Get over yourself.

Now if someone wants to stop making GBS threads on me for half a second and answer the question I posted about the kitten I'd appreciate it because if I need to take her to the vet to get checked out again I need to do that as soon as possible.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 30, 2013

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
You had a perfectly healthy animal killed and you've suggested amputating another animal's limbs as a solution to your home furnishings getting a hole in them. You should feel bad, because you did a bad thing. After doing that bad thing that you feel terrible about you should have sat and thought about what happened and resolved to never let it happen again, and until you could ensure that you wouldn't put another creature in a situation where you would weigh up their health and life and your lifestyle you shouldn't have procured another hairy accessory.

Nobody is going to listen to you play the world's tiniest violin and make excuses. You done hosed up. Badly. You shouldn't have been allowed to adopt another cat because you haven't changed. No one who had changed would have randomly posted about how sad it was for you that you simply had to kill your perfectly healthy, vulnerable friend.

And for christ's sake, take your funky cat to the vet.

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 30, 2013

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Have you checked your kitten's teeth at all?

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I raised him since he was little and he was my friend.

Seconding taking your smelly cat to the vet, for gently caress's sake.

marshmallard fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 11, 2017

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Hey everyone, can we take a moment aside to verify if this product is safe and effective for cats? This is way less depressing than the argument about killing healthy cats in either case.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Haha, you loving put your last cat down because you didn't bother looking into your legal rights as a tenant and now you have a new kitten? You've got to be loving kidding me. No one is saying you were intentionally cruel, but you sure are a dumbass.

Duckman2008 posted:

Hey everyone, can we take a moment aside to verify if this product is safe and effective for cats? This is way less depressing than the argument about killing healthy cats in either case.

All it does is make a sound cats supposedly won't like, seems harmless enough to me. If it emitted chemicals or electric shocks, then you'd have a problem. I'd doubt this product's effectiveness in deterring particularly determined cats from coming around your yard to mark if other cats have already been marking there. Cats are super territorial, especially intact, feral ones.

Bad Mitten
Aug 26, 2004
Fluffy and Twist almost played again today. Twist even gave Fluffy a few licks! Unfortunately then she made a try to nurse on Fluffy, much to her irritation. No Twist, Fluffy's milkbar is closed.

1337_ScriptKiddie
Mar 21, 2009

What is going on in here?
My poor boy has been licking his ball stitches open so we had to get him a collar. Luckily he has stayed in good spirits. Figure you folks could appreciate some pictures.

A non collard one:

E: Sorry for table breaking.

1337_ScriptKiddie fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Oct 1, 2013

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Adorable, but either it's my PC or those pics are life-size.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

yeah you might want to use timg instead of img for those drat

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Goodpancakes posted:

yeah you might want to use timg instead of img for those drat

I'd like to post some pics as well, but they're quite high-res. Can anyone suggest a place that can host images that are about 6.5 to just under 8 mb? I tried image shack's free service and they said that they were too large.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Just use imgur, they should take up to 20mb now.

Just remember to change the size to large before linking the bbcode so you don't wind up like the poster above.

e. Large Thumbnail, rather.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I loving love pictures of cats in the cone of shame. For some reason there's nothing funnier for me, it's just so undignified and they know it.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
What's a good air filter/purifier to help with cat allergies? Do any of them help at all?

Here is a gif of said allergic person petting my cat with a wallet to avoid allergies.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
HEPA filter is the only kind that will help. Make sure you get one big enough for the space you are using it for, and a smaller one for the bedroom also would be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
I never managed to find a purifier that works. If it weren't for Zyrtec, most of my cat roommates in the past would have made life unbearable. (The wallet solution is amazing, though.)

Butts weirdly doesn't bother my allergies, no matter how much I rub my face in that tummy. It was actually one of the deciding factors in his adoption, since the other cat I was looking at made my skin break out like nobody's business. :iiam: