Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

tetsman posted:

He truly is. He's so lazy on the pitch, it's just baffling.

He's an American with a job and a union. Why try?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
If he can't score next week when he's being marked by Ferdinand then there's no hope for him.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
He's really poo poo. I honestly thought he would show something more eventually but holy gently caress he's just as bad as he was for Hull, that stint in Holland did gently caress all for him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lot 49 posted:

If he can't score next week when he's being marked by Ferdinand then there's no hope for him.

On the other hand if he scores against Man Utd surely Moyes Must Walk

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
He had that one nice move where he drew a foul

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
updated chart. also i took out the 10 useless spots that i accentendaly created cheers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Someone tweet that chart at jozy

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Someone tweet jozy a picture of a goal with a bunch of red arrows pointing to it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I can't tweet anything to jozy as I am blocked from him on twitter

Carrier
May 12, 2009

What a terrible "footballer" Jozy is

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Carrier posted:

What a terrible "footballer" Jozy is

He was good in Holland

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

vyelkin posted:

The highlight of Jozy's match today was receiving a ball in acres of space and just falling over out of nowhere.

We're gonna need a gif of that

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

tbp posted:

I can't tweet anything to jozy as I am blocked from him on twitter

lol please remind us why he blocked you again.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
For an alternative viewpoint on young Josmer, I recommend checking out the threads on a certain US-based "big" "soccer" forum

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Monday Bandele posted:

For an alternative viewpoint on young Josmer, I recommend checking out the threads on a certain US-based "big" "soccer" forum

They think he's a piece of fat poo poo instead of a fat piece of poo poo?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
People here always make fun how Jozy has only scored one goal in his 33 Premier League appearances but you're forgetting that he also has provided one pass that led to a goal. So who's the fat donkey now?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jyrka posted:

People here always make fun how Jozy has only scored one goal in his 33 Premier League appearances but you're forgetting that he also has provided one pass that led to a goal. So who's the fat donkey now?

Your mam

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Sunderland scored today, was it Jozy who scored?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Olewithmilk posted:

Sunderland scored today, was it Jozy who scored?

It was not Jozy.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Just a note but please refrain from posts like this in here, it's a serious thread about Jozy's goal scoring prowess and not pwm. Thanks.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Gigi Galli posted:

It was not Jozy.

That's a shame, maybe next time big lad :unsmith:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Monday Bandele posted:

Post some

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Did Jozy actually score while at Hull I don't remember

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

I didn't get to watch the Sunderland match but I turned it on near the end and Jozy immediately received the ball, stumbled over it and lost it. I'm guessing this was not a blip in an otherwise sure-footed display.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Scott Bakula posted:

Did Jozy actually score while at Hull I don't remember

Against Man City. 1 in 28.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I put Jozy down to score 8 goals... 8... 8...:mump:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Monday Bandele posted:

God drat, they have a 5 page long match day thread just living posting about Jozy. Nothing really funny, just stupid poo poo like

quote:

Btw, Jozy doing work up top has created a lot of room for his teammates. Exactly what you want from target striker. Keep defenders occupied.

quote:

He really looks like a player for long stretches, but for a number of reasons, he can't get on the board.

quote:

Jozy is good enough to start for a dozen Prem sides. Why did it have to be Sunderland.

I'm still amazed they have GDT dedicated to various US players abroad.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hegav posted:

God drat, they have a 5 page long match day thread just living posting about Jozy. Nothing really funny, just stupid poo poo like

I'm still amazed they have GDT dedicated to various US players abroad.

Which of the USMNT threads are these from?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

quote:

When Jozy made the move to Sunderland, I was very disappointed. These first two games have confirmed my thoughts. Sunderland lacks attacking players that can provide decent service to a striker. When they go on the road, its also quite evident that they will bunker. I just didn't like the move for Altidore. He is going to get very little service at Sunderland, they don't play attractive football and they aren't a good team. They could theoretically get relegated, and it wouldn't surprise me.

If good offers aren't there, there is no reason to make a move just to make one. Jozy should have waited until better teams that play more attractive football came calling.

quote:

Jozy definitely jumped the gun with his move. If he didn't have better offers, he should have waited. Sunderland is your typical kick and chase side in England. They are miserable to watch. I also stand by what I said when Jozy made the move to Sunderland. AZ Alkmaar of last year with Jozy and Maher is a better team than Sunderland of this year. Sunderland just has a much higher profile because of the league that they play in.

quote:

I said this when the transfer happened. He should have waited. This move could be disastrous for his career's momentum and confidence just when he finally started finding his game with the national team. I also stand by what I said when this move happened. He should have waited until after the World Cup which might have enabled him to make a move to a team that was at least truly mid-table. Sunderland was a relegation-fighting team that hoped to be mid-table table. I really hope I'm wrong about this team and his chances with this team and that he scores a dozen goals even if they get relegated.

quote:

With no reasonable offers on the table, Jozy should have stayed at AZ and focused on becoming top scorer and a better player. He was the focus of the team in a very attacking minded league. For him, that means lots of quality touches where he is frequently in a position to score goals. That could only sharpen his finishing moves. With some patience and hard work, he would have been in a better position after the World Cup to sign for a top club. Sunderland are not a top club. To be honest, Sunderland might even be worse than AZ Alkmaar. They are dreadful.

quote:

Really surprised his agent couldn't draw better interest for him from some German/French sides that were willing to put up 10 mil. for him after what he did at AZ especially considering his young age. But yeah a team like Kiev or CSKA Moscow would have been better then this - Sunderland is u-g-l-y right now.

quote:

i wouldnt say villa's midfield is much better than sunderlands, yet christian benteke scored quite a bit last year. i happen to think jozy is on par talent wise with benteke

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I don't understand how some fans can be that delusional, Jozy was a slow and lazy mess. Sure the rest of the team is crap, but his performance alone is enough to tell you that he is a bad player.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
They really haven't got a clue have they.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

quote:

i happen to think jozy is on par talent wise with benteke

This would be true if Benteke was still being poo poo at Mechelen.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked near the end of the game, when someone managed to put in a good cross toward Jozy, who was in perfect position to score had he not fallen onto his rear end a second earlier

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Jozy could have had sharper finishing moves than Bret Hart's sharshooter had he stayed in the Dutch league. No point looking back now though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Where is Oliwan or whichever Dutch poster was insistent he's good and would score goals in the Premier League?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Scott Bakula posted:

Where is Oliwan or whichever Dutch poster was insistent he's good and would score goals in the Premier League?

Probably sat in his windmill wearing his clogs and having an oranjeboom lol what an idiot

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

i happen to think jozy is on par talent wise with benteke

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

quote:

Well Jozy played well against another very physical defense. Liverpool plays thuggery defense and he held up well. He was seen visibly yelling at players, Giaccherini and Larsson in particular. He has to get on the same page as Giaccherini, they are the only hope to save this season right now.

Adam Johnson was almost a caricature of himself today. Incredibly poor on crosses and shots and in particular the wasted corners all game. He thinks he is Bale....tries to play like Bale....and fails miserably.

edit: holy poo poo not related at all but

quote:

Can you imagine Bradley scoring the goal that clinches the scudetto? I can. Roma win a 90th minute penalty and Bradley rips the ball out of Totti's hands and shoves him out of the way. The look on his face says he won't be denied. "I've got this Francesco." Top corner. A legend is born.

Your Weird Uncle fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 29, 2013

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

football fanfic brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

At least Michael Bradley scoring in a real European league is actually a possible event that could transpire.

e: in fact, comparing records across England, Germany, and Italy, Michael Bradley has a stunning 13 times as many goals as Jozy.

Antares fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 29, 2013

• Locked thread