Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Just checking but if I invest all my 40 mil from each character into Gold Coast from the last lester mission I'll make a profit right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Anybody know the name of the song that's is all the commercials? I know it's on the in-game radio somewhere too but I always forget to check the name.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

PantsBandit posted:

Anybody know the name of the song that's is all the commercials? I know it's on the in-game radio somewhere too but I always forget to check the name.

Sleepwalking on Mirror Park Radio

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Obsurveyor posted:

Unnecessary: First person is the one, true way to drive in GTA games. :getin:

That... is a great loving point.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Woo 100%. Or whatever passes for 100% under their weird criteria. :confuoot:

I wanna go track down all of the random events but they're so inconsistent about spawning even when you know where they are. Guess it's going to boil down taking laps around the map and hoping they show up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wish the cars behaved a little bit realistically. It's impossible to hold a slide because whenever you do any counter steering at all, the front tires grab immediately. This ends my slide and sends me hurtling off the other direction. While it's true this will happen in a real car, but not instantly. Are there any new social club stocks on the rise to get into? I'm just about to cash out from the final lester mission.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Chain Gang of 1974 - Sleepwalking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccE6XHYhKuY

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Hoo boy, decided to see if I could clear Saints Row 3 out of my Steam catalog while waiting for multiplayer to drop this weekend. GTA V has rendered the game unplayable, everything just looks and feels so lovely.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Speaking of the radio, hey guys did you know that Haboglabotribin' is an amusement park and that it's there for you from dawn to dark?

I love Space 103.2 a ton, but I swear I've heard that song way more than everything else put together at this point. :shepface:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't believe I did all of the assassination mission but one before beating the main story, what a lost opportunity.

Regardless I pulled out of HAL and PIS, especially with the online launch coming. If it was a premature move I kept a save where I still have them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

For what it's worth, I've been intentionally picking the worst crew members for each heist. There hasn't been a single heist yet where I haven't managed to get the maximum reward, and unskilled crew members have a habit of dying, which means you get an even larger cut.

e: This does mean that your low-cut guys will be dead by the time you get to the final heist and you'll have to take crewmembers that demand a larger cut, but I haven't made it that far so I don't know if that's a problem.

Doesn't it still give the cut to their family or whatever? I remember a gunner died and Michael said 'well let's give his part to his fam' and it still took like 250k away for that in the final accounting.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

PIS up from 9.24 to 9.57 on PS3. I'll leave it in overnight, maybe check on it before I leave for work in the morning.

edit:

A c E posted:

For the stocks,

I'm saving two copies of my game tonight. One where all my characters sell all shares and one where they buy more shares.
You know that feeling you get when someone points out something really obvious? Thank you.

Pivit fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 30, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Doesn't it still give the cut to their family or whatever? I remember a gunner died and Michael said 'well let's give his part to his fam' and it still took like 250k away for that in the final accounting.

Yeah, there's a pretty hefty casualty fee if someone gets dusted on a heist.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

nuncle jimbo posted:

Sleepwalking on Mirror Park Radio

M83's midnight city is not in the game, weirdly enoug, which is also featured in some commercials IIRC.
I'd have been really happy with that song to be quite honest.
One of the first times I've seen a GTA game with a song on commercial but not in game, unless its just a song that sounds exactly like midnight city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q048qXFmMak

edit: no thats midnight city.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 30, 2013

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
For the stocks,

I'm saving two copies of my game tonight. One where all my characters sell all shares and one where they buy more shares.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Final Heist: I went with the armoured truck hijack and found it a little underwhelming, walk in, drive out, do a street light minigame, a little shootout and a boring driving section, over. Was the other option more fun?

Ending: Did anyone go with anything BUT Option C? Kind of a no brainer.

Also post-game Trevor Strangers & Freaks: Does anything actually happen with Trevor's mum except him curling into a ball on the floor crying when he brings the truck back and she isn't there? Those two scenes with her were uh, something. After the game auto-swapped to Franklin wearing a suit and complimenting a random chick, I swapped back and he was crying into his meth pipe about it.

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 30, 2013

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy goddamn, the real estate Strangers and Freaks missions have some awesome scenes. At one point the mission character says something that makes Trevor, of all goddamn people, make a literal :stare: face. I cracked up.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

TehGherkin posted:

Final Heist: I went with the armoured truck hijack and found it a little underwhelming, walk in, drive out, do a street light minigame, a little shootout and a boring driving section, over. Was the other option more fun?

I chose the other option. And. Hm. Fun? If you like the combat in the game and avoiding stars, and flying helicopters while lester shoots rockets, then yeah, unfortunately thats basically everything that irks me in this game at once, so it made me a little sour on the heist

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

M83's midnight city is not in the game, weirdly enoug, which is also featured in some commercials IIRC.
One of the first times I've seen a GTA game with a song on commercial but not in game, unless its just a song that sounds exactly like midnight city.

Must have been a fan-made trailer. None of the official trailers had Midnight City.

VVV - No, that was definitely Sleepwalking. Go to Rockstar's youtube channel. None of their trailers have Midnight City playing.

MailboxFullOfBombs fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 30, 2013

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

It was on television during the breaking bad finale tonight.
It stuck me as odd, and the other song you guys mentioned sounds nothing like that, so I'm sure I didn't mistake the two.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SectumSempra posted:

That's gotta be fan made. I haven't seen that on TV or in any of the pre release trailers. Sleepwalking does sound like an M83 song, though.

SectumSempra posted:

It was on television during the breaking bad finale tonight.
Not that one. The one that's been playing for a while was.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I've been sleeping for a week stop loving raining. :argh: I want to take my video game friends out for video game golf.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Guess I'm mistaken, I'll take note if I see anything else that actually plays the commercial.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
God dammit guys now I wish M83 was on Radio Mirror Park.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DrNutt posted:

God dammit guys now I wish M83 was on Radio Mirror Park.
Haha well me too, but come on, Sleepwalking is close enough :)

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Gettin kinda good with this helicopter thing I think...

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

TehGherkin posted:

Also post-game Trevor Strangers & Freaks: Does anything actually happen with Trevor's mum except him curling into a ball on the floor crying when he brings the truck back and she isn't there? Those two scenes with her were uh, something. After the game auto-swapped to Franklin wearing a suit and complimenting a random chick, I swapped back and he was crying into his meth pipe about it.

I just replayed it taking option A instead and yeah I would say it's more fun. There's a lot of run and gun, you have to lose a five star wanted level (not horrible if you beeline for the hills, I've found), and you have to somewhat precisely fly a helicopter but it's less scripted and boring for me. Plus everybody is super pumped and happy at the end of approach B, hugging and even Trevor's like "we're good." Approach A everybody is arguing and hating on each other and it's such a downer. I'll never play A again.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I'd just like to steal random cars and mod them without the fear that they'll disappear tbh.

After I finished a mission shortly before I finished the game, the streets were flooded with infernus cars, and those have been my favorites since gta3.

I didn't even bother grabbing one because I knew it'd disappear the next mission I started.
Really dropped the ball on that one.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

D C posted:

Gettin kinda good with this helicopter thing I think...

I do this every time I see that blimp, be sure to bring some sticky bombs :gibs:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

I'd just like to steal random cars and mod them without the fear that they'll disappear tbh.

I mostly do this without caring if they vanish after. Recently I just pimped out a Romero Hearse and made that bad boy chrome. Even with top of the line parts and tweaks that thing still plods around town. gently caress if I know where it is now though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They're not disappearing into the impound are they? That's where my cars usually go...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Haha well me too, but come on, Sleepwalking is close enough :)

This was playing in the loving moonshine truck that you use to transport weed and it felt like a total mindfuck of complete inappropriateness yet at the same time something that completely encapsulated GTA.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

They're not disappearing into the impound are they? That's where my cars usually go...

For me the impound only had 2 random cars by name, and you can only choose one.
I took a cab from the hospital for a modded car that I died in and a random sedan was in there instead of the sports car I modded.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does it matter which properties I buy on which characters?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

A problem suddenly developed with the radio after winning the motorcycle race. No matter what car or character I use, I'm unable to turn on the radio. Any station I pick from the wheel just goes immediately back to off.

Any fix for this? Tried reloading the game and even going back to an earlier save bu the problem persists.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 30, 2013

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I had that issue recently. It goes away eventually. You can't do anything about it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RatHat posted:

Does it matter which properties I buy on which characters?

Yes. The character that buys them gets the missions (don’t bother to do them) and the income from them.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

The missions are useful, if you need scrap money issue is, if you can afford them, you don't need scrap money.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

TehGherkin posted:

Hell yeah. Everyone should pick the obvious approach when it comes to the final heist. Way more fun.

Also everyone should pick obvious for the FIB headquarters heist, and should also pick the tanker option on the Merryweather heist.

When it comes to having fun, those options are just way way cooler than the alternatives. Especially that last one I mention. gently caress the alternative on that. You have to go across state like 3 times and it's just super boring.

Aside from these, I think the only other heist where you get to chose an approach is the first one, and that one isn't too different whichever you choose. So I prefer subtle cause its bad-rear end dressing up like exterminators and only requires one more small setup mission.

EvilTobaccoExec fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I wish the helicopters didn't rock back and forth so loving much. Spending the past half hour trying to gold both challenges (Still a second off on the speedrun :argh:) at flight school made me all wobbly when I stood up.

• Locked thread