Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

"gank the mage" is classic advice, but I fear it will not go well for them here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Quinton posted:

"gank the mage" is classic advice, but I fear it will not go well for them here...

Gunnerkrigg's got a mixture of fantasy and science, chummer; I think the appropriate terminology would be "geek the mage first". :orks:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't think I've ever seen Ysengrin so happy before.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Ysengrin so happy before.

He gets to punch things with fire. How can that be anything less than completely awesome?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Sure, gang up on the one who can manipulate fire. She won't do something like wait until she's surrounded and then flare out all around her or anything.

Edit: she also knows some sweet martial arts moves. Maybe we'll get to see more of those.

Cannonballoon fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 30, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

AE-35 Unit posted:

Sure, gang up on the one who can manipulate fire. She won't do something like wait until she's surrounded and then flare out all around her or anything.

Edit: she also knows some sweet martial arts moves. Maybe we'll get to see more of those.

Pffft.

She's just some ruddy human. Sure, she's got some fire in her, but what can she really do?

:supaburn::supaburn::flame:

Edit: Alternatively:

:supaburn::sun::supaburn:

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 30, 2013

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Tea-San posted:

Set your enemies on fire

See them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women! :black101:
I may be paraphrasing.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
What a bunch of nerds.

Besides Annie's fine she can probably double-move and maintain the effect or at least pop an action point for an extra standard.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Somehow I don't think a talking tree should try to fight the fire mage. It just doesn't seem the smartest strategy.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Anime seems a pretty good pawn. I'd definitely download her provided her gear is up to snuff.

Alternate joke: Genasi racial traits are too OP, please Errata.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The tree is sending his guildies because he totally just left his fire resist gear in the bank.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sorry Tree man, nobody went into ventrilo as you requested. This raid group sucks rear end.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Blackheart posted:

Sorry Tree man, nobody went into ventrilo as you requested. This raid group sucks rear end.
They weren't even planning on raiding, they were just camping Funtown looking for Coyote guildies to gank. Shoulda known that if you mess with the wolf, you get the jaws.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think this is my new favorite page in all of GC. Mainly because I'm 97% sure Ysengrin's gonna get a Bad End and I just love seeing him happy and living it up.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
That's some great diplomacy right there

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Diplomacy has failed! Wonder-Treedog, unite up!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Screw the wolf on fire, kill the crossbreed fire elemental! What can possibly go wrong?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Honestly these monsters are doing their best in a lovely situation. Stuck between a flaming rock and a hard place that creates fire at will, as they say.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

dyzzy posted:

Honestly these monsters are doing their best in a lovely situation. Stuck between a flaming rock and a hard place that creates fire at will, as they say.

In this situation? You RUN. You literally run like your rear end is on fire and the Devil is chasing you. You start running and you don't ever stop, and you start praying to every god you've ever heard of.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
It's not like Annie can set them ablaze just by looking at them or anything... Oh wait, she can.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Wa11y posted:

In this situation? You RUN. You literally run like your rear end is on fire and the Devil is chasing you. You start running and you don't ever stop, and you start praying to every god you've ever heard of.

But could they then rightly call themselves an unruly horde of monsters? No sir, I tell you. The times they are a'changing, but it's a sad day indeed when being horribly burned all over is cause to hang up your hat.
Good on these unholy terrors. Good on them.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

As a grass-type, Tree-man knows he's screwed if he's tries to take on a fire-type 1v1.
Not true, although it's his own fault if he didn't spec into hidden power-earth. :colbert:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
On the other hand, he ought to think of the party here. If Annie Once More him, she'll probably down all of the group. And you don't want an All Out wolf attack.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Anime seems a pretty good pawn. I'd definitely download her provided her gear is up to snuff.

Alternate joke: Genasi racial traits are too OP, please Errata.

MooCowlian posted:

The tree is sending his guildies because he totally just left his fire resist gear in the bank.

Blackheart posted:

Tupperwarez posted:

They weren't even planning on raiding, they were just camping Funtown looking for Coyote guildies to gank. Shoulda known that if you mess with the wolf, you get the jaws.

I kid, I kid.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

How long has it been since we saw Mort?

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Prison Warden posted:

Freudian slip, or auto-correct on a rampage? :mmmhmm:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

KittyEmpress posted:

How long has it been since we saw Mort?

About five chapters.

If you mean :airquote: "in the actual story itself", then his last appearance was in From the Forest She Came.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah, I've been kinda Jonesin' (:smugjones:) for some Mort. I would love more of his back story or just more Mort.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I guess if Coyote and such can be created from the minds of people, so can ghosts, Mort is simply the archetypal ghost.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Freudian slip, or auto-correct on a rampage? :mmmhmm:

That my phone selects anime over Annie and capitalises Genasi for me says it all I think. I'm pretty sure swiftkey works off what you read as well as what you type. :ohdear:

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Mort returns to Twitter with more jokes 'n' gags!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Gunnerkrigg Mort posted:

What's the deal with zoos?? (not a joke please tell me)
Lots of great character development happening for those who are missing Mort.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
Dealing with Annie is the least of their worries. Ysengrin is one sticky tank. Wardens 4 Life.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Hodgepodge posted:

Wardens 4 Life.

One man Fellowship right there, seems Ysengrin's style.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
That's a new face, Annie.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Just let the Ogre-Man burn himself to death. The Pacifist Fire Elemental Way.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Fecha posted:

That's a new face, Annie.

Is there a face behind that nose?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

"Show them you are not afraid" takes on a whole new meaning here.

(Obligatory.)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Fire indeed hot! :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
This must be Annie's 'Come at me bro' face.