Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Huh, okay...I only have two of those chip things. Do I just wait for a long time to get them or something?

You only get Heavenly Chips when you reset your progress (NOT wipe save). They're a prestige that provide an added bonus to make future runs go quicker and numbers go higher. Try to get at least 100 of most of the buildings (and 128 farms, grandmas, cursors for that achievement) before resetting. By then you will probably get a decent number of chips on your next reset. To find out how many chips you'll get IF you reset, plug this into google: (sqrt(1+8(X/10^12))-1)/2. Replace X with your total from "Cookies baked (all time)" in the stats menu.

So... yes. It will probably involve waiting a long time.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hmph. Maybe I'll just let it idle...

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pollyanna posted:

Huh, okay...I only have two of those chip things. Do I just wait for a long time to get them or something?

Cookie monster will tell you how many you'll get from resetting, and yeah you just have to click cookies until you have a lot of them. By the time you've got a meaningful number of condensers you should be getting 1-2 per frenzied lucky cookie, so you get them pretty fast if you're actively playing and have enough banked.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Meaningful number being...? I have 28 of them right now.

edit: Also, mousing over the upgrades now says "warning, purchasing this upgrade will put you under the number of Cookies required for "Lucky!"". What does that mean?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 30, 2013

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pollyanna posted:

Meaningful number being...? I have 28 of them right now.

edit: Also, mousing over the upgrades now says "warning, purchasing this upgrade will put you under the number of Cookies required for Lucky". What does that mean?

So when you get a lucky golden cookie, it gives you the smaller of 20 minutes of your cps and 10% of your banked cookies. If you stay above that threshold, you'll get maximum cookies for getting that golden cookie. There's a second threshold for when you get a lucky cookie while under the frenzy effect as well.

It's just a helpful way to know if you're stunting your income by overspending while you're actively clicking golden cookies.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Eldercain posted:

So when you get a lucky golden cookie, it gives you the smaller of 20 minutes of your cps and 10% of your banked cookies. If you stay above that threshold, you'll get maximum cookies for getting that golden cookie. There's a second threshold for when you get a lucky cookie while under the frenzy effect as well.

It's just a helpful way to know if you're stunting your income by overspending while you're actively clicking golden cookies.

Okay...so, for now, I need to wait until I have enough cookies to both buy the 400B anti-matter upgrade and retain the Lucky threshold?

Do I...do I buy the One Mind upgrade? It looks ominous :ohdear:

vvvv :pwn:

WHAT WHY DID I LOSE COOKIES.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 30, 2013

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Pollyanna posted:

Okay...so, for now, I need to wait until I have enough cookies to both buy the 400B anti-matter upgrade and retain the Lucky threshold?

Do I...do I buy the One Mind upgrade? It looks ominous :ohdear:

Yes do it. And click the cookie afterwards.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Funkz posted:

Yes do it. And click the cookie afterwards.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Worm :unsmigghh:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I only had a miserable 22 chips with 88% achievements and 83% unlocked. Progress is slow but a soft reset for 44% won't be worth it. Making 3B a second.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Carecat posted:

I only had a miserable 22 chips with 88% achievements and 83% unlocked. Progress is slow but a soft reset for 44% won't be worth it. Making 3B a second.

Once you start using the cookies properly (unlock Get Lucky) you'll make some crazy gains compared to what you were doing before.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

Once you start using the cookies properly (unlock Get Lucky) you'll make some crazy gains compared to what you were doing before.
And it still won't be enough.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Jonked posted:

And it still won't be enough.

But it will feel good for a bit :unsmith:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Dum Cumpster posted:

Had that for awhile but not had overlap of frenzy and click frenzy. Cookie Monster says I can get 4T for Lucky rewards and 28T for Frenzy if I had 282T in the bank. 28 would be nice I guess.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carecat posted:

Had that for awhile but not had overlap of frenzy and click frenzy. Cookie Monster says I can get 4T for Lucky rewards and 28T for Frenzy if I had 282T in the bank. 28 would be nice I guess.

Once you've gotten all the upgrades and most of the achievements you'll get many hundreds of trillions for frenzy luckies. I really want to get another click frenzy as the only two I had were back to back in the middle of my reset at ~5-10 condensers so while incredibly helpful to getting me to overseers, they weren't particularly impressive absolute amounts of cookies. They're really sweet though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pollyanna posted:

So am I just supposed to grind golden cookies till the last antimatter upgrade now, or is there something else I need to do? Do you get anything for maxing out how many you have of a certain building?

Well, the kitten upgrades increase the multiplier on your CpS based on how many achievements you have, so at high CpS buying that hundredth farm (and getting the achievement for it) might be a bigger boost than another antimatter condenser.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

You can sell grandmas? :stonk:

I mean yeah, like any other building(?), but still...

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Pollyanna posted:

People will eat each other if theres an achievement for it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I like to think of myself as above that.

I hope.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Man, real life sucks. I'm at just slightly above 16 cookies per hour. Meanwhile I'm approaching 10 quadrillion cookies baked in the superior, electronic world.
Why can't someone just invent a cookie you can click to make more cookies? Or maybe those knuckledraggers at CERN could do something useful with that particle accelerator?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I literally just put someone in my trunk so I can do this when I get home. It'll be awarded retroactively right? :ohdear:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

"It thought we would go away by selling us. How quaint."
-grandma

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
Finally saved up the 900 loving terracookies for Kitten Overseers. The first thing to double my CpS for like days now. The remaining upgrades are a measly 100-200T. How much for the 100th antimatter condenser?

Think I can wrap up my achievements soon and hopefully ascend before the dungeon chip nerf.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Mr. Wynand posted:

Finally saved up the 900 loving terracookies for Kitten Overseers. The first thing to double my CpS for like days now. The remaining upgrades are a measly 100-200T. How much for the 100th antimatter condenser?

Think I can wrap up my achievements soon and hopefully ascend before the dungeon chip nerf.

The 100th is 6 quadrillion or so.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:psyduck: I just bought the elder pledge and I'm still making only like half a billion cps. What now? Just keep buying buildings and clicking golden cookies? What kind of advantages do the red cookies/the apocalypse thing have?

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA

Pollyanna posted:

:psyduck: I just bought the elder pledge and I'm still making only like half a billion cps. What now? Just keep buying buildings and clicking golden cookies? What kind of advantages do the red cookies/the apocalypse thing have?

Red cookies are worse than golden ones, though not by that much, because even though they do bad things quite a lot they also (rarely) give "elder frenzy" which is 666x multiplier or something preposterous like that. Stacking regular frenzy with lucky is much better and consistent once you have Get Lucky however, so you should probably just keep paying off the grandmatriarchs at that point.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Eldercain posted:

I literally just put someone in my trunk so I can do this when I get home. It'll be awarded retroactively right? :ohdear:

You'll need to do it again to be rewarded unfortunately, however, you'll be ahead of the game for the achievement that requires doing it five times.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
Finally looking at the beta.

Starts the game over...
But you can use Cookie Monster to import the save. Seems to work.

My CPS went from 46 BCps to 2.97 BCps. Both neverclicks are regular achievements. Elder Pledge goes up to 4.3T now. I had 100% of cheevos before, now I have 90/92... Still 100% of upgrades.

M3wThr33 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 1, 2013

TheRedEye
Sep 10, 2003

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!

M3wThr33 posted:

Dungeons are in open beta here:
http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/beta/

Seems to start the game over...

But you can use Cookie Monster to import the save. Seems to work.

I'd say something snarky like "yeah, welcome to ten pages ago" but if you were too distracted clicking the cookie to have noticed you're a better player than the rest of us.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I was away for the weekend. I literally VPNd into my machine a few times to buy upgrades, though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I've been clicking cookies and buying upgrades, and now the background is full creepy grandmas and the News ticker at the top is talking all about them. Should I be worried?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I've been clicking cookies and buying upgrades, and now the background is full creepy grandmas and the News ticker at the top is talking all about them. Should I be worried?

Squirm.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gnaw

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Depending on their anger level (Time since last elder pledge), you have a higher chance of getting a red cookie instead of a golden cookie. Red cookies have a high chance of being bad, either halving your Cps for a bit or making you lose cookies. There's also an UPSHOT of a rare elder x777 frenzy.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

writhe

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm trying to figure out why I have this game sitting idly by while I try to play the games I have on steam, and inevitably quit ten minutes into said games.

I'm more excited about getting 40 trillion cookies to spend on the antimatter upgrade, than I am at playing any of these loving games I spent my money on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm finally making a trillion cps with a frenzy. The road to 1 quintillion cookies baked marches on.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The road to 1 quintillion cookies baked marches on.

Only tears await.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Giggily posted:

Only tears await.

Tears that taste of warm dough and cacao.

The best tears.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

You should only be worried if you don't love your grandmas. You do love them, don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I'm at 99/103 upgrades unlocked, and nothing available to buy other than Elder Pledge and Elder Covenant. Any ideas what those last 4 are?

• Locked thread