Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It was Showtime. When HBO first started out, they'd have filler films of a guy riding a bike through the park.

Back in the ancient days when it was a premium channel, The Disney Channel would run Disney cartoons in the gaps, but for long breaks they would always seem to run that Rupert cartoon with the singing frogs.

Also, since the guys have a relationship with TriStar now and no one cares about keeping Alexander Salkind happy, I want a live riff of Santa Claus: The Movie for Christmas some year soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IUG posted:

Don't forget the Norman shorts.

Otherwise, ones that weren't mentioned:
Tic Toc Timeclock (Just for how weirdly it presented itself)
Dinosaurs - The Age of the Terrible Lizard
The Clean Club
The Calendar - How To Use It (See the above)
One Turkey, Two Turkey
Watch Out For My Plant
What Is Nothing?
Join Hands, Let Go
Courtesy Counts A Lot (it goes on forever)
Vision In The Forest
Safety: Harm Hides At Home

Oh god I have 149 shorts in iTunes. :stonk:

I never counted mine but iTunes tells me I have 199 in the library, including the recent Batman shorts. I never would have guessed that many.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

IUG posted:

Don't forget the Norman shorts.

I don't really find the Norman shorts to be that weird, really. They're just unfunny, poor man's Mr. Bean episodes with the belief that making GBS threads on someone = hilarity.

Totally forgot about the stop-motion eggs short. That's a must.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Which short has the talking lips pillow in the kid's bedroom? Because that's a nitemare waiting to happen.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Fezz posted:

Which short has the talking lips pillow in the kid's bedroom? Because that's a nitemare waiting to happen.
Beginning Responsibility: Taking Care of Your Things

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I called my local theater and they will be showing the next live event, but they didn't have the time set yet. Yay for me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Starship Troopers mp3 is out! :woop:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

IUG posted:

Starship Troopers mp3 is out! :woop:

I saw someone comment about the end to the MP3, and how it seems like they a trying to cover their asses a bit.... Any idea what they might be talking about? I haven't had the chance to buy it yet.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
They said something like "if you listened to this but didn't pay for it, we depend on our business to keep making these, so consider buying one next time and making good by donating on the website." They've said something like that on the website before, but putting one in the commentary itself makes me wonder if :filez: is increasing or something.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh, well that's depressing. I got it from the Kickstarter, and have bought every Rifftrax I own right now. Even for the movies I don't own (like the Transformers movies). Sucks if they're having problems with that.

Mike, Bill, Kevin, I swear I download those pre-synced movie files because I'm lazy. :(

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Has there been any word on the kickstarter shorts being sold to the general public? I'm kicking myself for missing them the first time around. :ohdear:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wandering Knitter posted:

Has there been any word on the kickstarter shorts being sold to the general public? I'm kicking myself for missing them the first time around. :ohdear:

The Rifftrax twitter replied to my question about the shorts a while back, saying they were coming with Manos (which has happened).

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I have a confession to make, guys: it took me two tries to get through the Apple. The riffs were good but the movie was pain.

When I had heard about the whole Disco Demolition Night at around that time, I thought it was a ridiculous over-reaction. Having experienced the Apple -- I get it. Hooboy, do I get it.

Viva Knievel was fun, though! I'm still impressed by how much of a gaping charisma vacuum Evel was. Suppose that's why I had never saw him speak much when I saw old footage of him as a kid.

My boyfriend bought me a $50 gift certificate, so now I'm trying to figure out what to get next. I was thinking of maybe taking a chance on some VoD's that I haven't seen much mention of in the thread yet.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 11, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A GLISTENING HODOR's all new "What Should I Buy?" Guide:

(each category ranked best to least best)

Shorts
Shake Hands With Danger
David & Hazel: A Story in Communication
More Dangerous Than Dynamite
The BATMAN Shorts
Drugs Are Like That
Christmas Toyshop
Norman series
The Calendar: How To Use It
Safety: Harm Hides in Home
At Your Fingertips series
Back to School with Joan Miller
One Got Fat
Patriotism
Storytelling: Can You Tell It In Order
What if We Had a Fire

V.O.D.
The Guy From Harlem
Buffalo Rider
Birdemic LIVE
Manos LIVE
Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny
The Apple
The Bloody Pit of Horror
Breaker Breaker
When A Stranger Calls Back
Psycho 2
McBain
Galaxy Invader
Cool As Ice
Christmas With Rifftrax
Abraxas
(all the others, none are bad)

Rifftrax MP3
Twilight series
Titanic
Jurassic Park
Transformers
Harry Potter series
Star Wars series
Roadhouse
Red Dawn
The Avengers
The Happening
X-Men series
The Sixth Sense
The Hunger Games
The Room
The Last Airbender
Fantastic Four 1&2
Troll 2
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Paranormal Activity
Independence Day
Clash of the Titans
I Am Legend

Rifftrax Presents MP3
The Day After Tomorrow (my personal favorite)
Saw
Spider-man series

(list based on author's experience with mass appeal, may not reflect individuals' personal "best of" lists)

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
According to the Rifftrax Facebook page, they should be releasing Supersonic Man sometime today. This should be fun.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

jedibeavis posted:

According to the Rifftrax Facebook page, they should be releasing Supersonic Man sometime today. This should be fun.

If so, then I know what my next purchase is gonna be. :dance:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Supersonic Man is up! :dance:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

I don't even bother to see what their VODs are about, I just buy them. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Here we go! About 5 minutes in and honestly...this makes Pumaman look competent in comparison. :aaaaa:

Edit: I think we have another one for the "must have" list, folks! :haw:

Edit 2: Ahh, that was good stuff. Highly recommended!

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 12, 2013

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
Agreed, that was a classic!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

jedibeavis posted:

Agreed, that was a classic!

And it was directed by Pod People's Juan Piquer Simón!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I never thought I'd say this, but suddenly The Puma Man seems a richly nuanced movie.

I'm going to have that stupid Supersonic Man theme stuck in my head for days.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
If you weren't aware, Greg Sestero's book The Disaster Artist about his relationship with Tommy Wiseau and the making of The Room is out now.

And on the first page, you find out that Tommy Wiseau genuinely claims to be a vampire. This book is amazing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

If you weren't aware, Greg Sestero's book The Disaster Artist about his relationship with Tommy Wiseau and the making of The Room is out now.

And on the first page, you find out that Tommy Wiseau genuinely claims to be a vampire. This book is amazing.
There were parts of this book I couldn't read because I was honestly too disturbed by what was happening. I was legitimately scared for Greg's life at multiple points even though the events happened like 10 years ago.

I also love that the "I did not hit her I DID NOT oh hai Mark" scene; just that one 15 second shot, took three hours to shoot.

So yeah, everyone needs to read this book because it is amazing.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Evil Mastermind posted:

I also love that the "I did not hit her I DID NOT oh hai Mark" scene; just that one 15 second shot, took three hours to shoot.

The expression on my face the entire time during that chapter: :aaaaa:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I love that the book is worth nearly three times the amount of the DVD it's based on (yeah, I know it only came out 2 weeks ago). I'd love to hear the audiobook version of this just to hear him convey the disbelief and frustration that the memories of that whole shoot conjures up.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ghostpilot posted:

I love that the book is worth nearly three times the amount of the DVD it's based on (yeah, I know it only came out 2 weeks ago). I'd love to hear the audiobook version of this just to hear him convey the disbelief and frustration that the memories of that whole shoot conjures up.

Apparently it's getting a full documentary version, which I MUST OWN.

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

I just stared reading this book yesterday thanks to this thread and I've come to the conclusion that Tommy Wiseau is really Andy Kaufman in the greatest performance ever. Or just batshit insane.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Finding out that Denny was among the oldest actors on set completely blew my mind.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity

Ghostpilot posted:

I recommend the How Did This Get Made? podcast episode on The Room with Greg Sestero and Wiseau-nerd Steve Heisler.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Finding out that Denny was among the oldest actors on set completely blew my mind.

If you want your mind blown even further, find his website and see how he looks now.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I've only read the first few chapters, but now I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that Tommy is an alien.

Because who the gently caress drinks hot water?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ensign_Ricky posted:

The expression on my face the entire time during that chapter: :aaaaa:

Yeah the end of this chapter is when I told all my other Room loving friends to stop what they're doing and buy the e-book now.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
We really need a Room discussion thread.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

We really need a Room discussion thread.

Or at least a book club thread to talk about this.

How the hell was Tommy not lynched?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Ensign_Ricky posted:

If I'm doing my math right from this article he said he was 17 in 1994, making him 26 in 2003 :staredog:.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Evil Mastermind posted:

Or at least a book club thread to talk about this.

How the hell was Tommy not lynched?

Well, I did.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574679

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Mister Kingdom posted:

And it was directed by Pod People's Juan Piquer Simón!

I was actually sad they didn't notice that and thus we got no further jokes about Pod People. It sounds like some of the dubbed voice actors were even the same, and I definitely recognized one of the henchman in this movie as one of the poachers from Pod People (the one that Joel kept adding all the sadism jokes to.)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I didn't love Supersonic Man like most VOD.
The robot and the drunk need a sequel.
They are the real stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, reminder that the Night of the Living Dead Live event is this Thursday.

• Locked thread