Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

The Human Crouton posted:

I heard him for the first time today. I think he's horrible. Howard often hangs up on an entertaining caller in 15 seconds because they are "boring", but then he has someone in studio who only says "yes" or "no" in an annoying voice for an hour. I turned the show off and didn't go back to it for the rest of the day.

Different strokes I guess. The interview wasn't long and he wasn't trying to promote at every opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

an adult beverage posted:

Man talk about a massive downfall. Wasn't Dominic like private jet rich at one point?

Definitely "house in the Hamptons, condo in the city" rich. He was proud that Howard and Beth first had sex in his bed in his Hamptons house. But yeah, what a complete downfall.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dominic Barbara: What goes around comes around. I imagine there are a lot of men and women in the tri-state area who let out a little dance every time they see another article about him.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Am I correct in thinking that whole reason we know who Dominic is is due to him calling in to say he would represent Jessica Hahn in her law suit against Jim Bakker?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Am I correct in thinking that whole reason we know who Dominic is is due to him calling in to say he would represent Jessica Hahn in her law suit against Jim Bakker?

I don't know that that's the very first contact he had with the Stern show, but it's close enough. He later went on to represent such clients as the NYPD officer who posed in Playboy and the Buttafuoco family.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Bonzo posted:

I thought they met him when he was representing a woman who found a penis in her hot dog bun or something. He talks about it in Miss America, but I can't find my copy of it right now.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Does Dominic call into the show anymore?

*gurgling noise*

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fred killing it with sound effects here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydy4bbU2q5A

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Howard 100 News had a news brief that said something to the effect of how Howard EMBRACED TECHNOLOGY with his photography because he watched a bunch of Photoshop tutorials on youtube.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sasquatch! posted:

Howard 100 News had a news brief that said something to the effect of how Howard EMBRACED TECHNOLOGY with his photography because he watched a bunch of Photoshop tutorials on youtube.

As dumb as he sounds raving about it, he really is right about the amount of free educational material that is easily available on the web. Sure, lots of it is crap, but still... Free. Available. Vast quantities.

geera
May 20, 2003
Robin's back in the studio today, first time in 17 months.

Also back in the studio today: David Arquette, Jesse Ventura.

:ughh:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
No way? Glad to have Robin back. Also David and Jesse are fun on the show, so should be good.

If anything it is hilarious to hear Howard try to be macho against Jesse who looks like Bigfoot Sr now.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Also David and Jesse are fun on the show, so should be good.

Except with Ventura, it is literally the same appearance every single time. Hey, did you know 9/11 was an inside job? Controlled demolitions! False flag! Jet fuel!

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Except with Ventura, it is literally the same appearance every single time. Hey, did you know 9/11 was an inside job? Controlled demolitions! False flag! Jet fuel!

Don't forget HAARP. I still enjoy Jesse every time.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I don't really have an opinion on the Rolling Stones, but that song Howard was going on and on about on Monday was boring as poo poo.

Edit: Ugh, Mark the Bagger loving sucks...

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 2, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

AxeManiac posted:

No way? Glad to have Robin back. Also David and Jesse are fun on the show, so should be good.

If anything it is hilarious to hear Howard try to be macho against Jesse who looks like Bigfoot Sr now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvKgj_EjUDw

Here is classic Jesse. He is upset that Jim Norton has opinions without being a Navy Seal and then pouts like a child

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Did he ever follow through on his threat to give up his American citizenship and move to Mexico?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

haljordan posted:

Did he ever follow through on his threat to give up his American citizenship and move to Mexico?

He did move to Mexico, but not sure about the rest.

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005

Brocktoon posted:

I don't really have an opinion on the Rolling Stones, but that song Howard was going on and on about on Monday was boring as poo poo.

Edit: Ugh, Mark the Bagger loving sucks...

I never loved Mark the Bagger. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone has loved Mark the Bagger. He was just this dude with a weird voice that the Bloodhound gang glombed on to, right? I can't recall anything funny he's been involved in, so why the gently caress just have him in studio?

At least Robin's back in studio, perhaps that will bring some quality back to the show now that Howard actually has the person he's talking to in studio. The show feels kind of empty lately.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvKgj_EjUDw

Here is classic Jesse. He is upset that Jim Norton has opinions without being a Navy Seal and then pouts like a child

It is hard to argue with Jim Norton because he looks like a giant, hung over baby who just got out of Chemotherapy.

luv butts n nuts
Aug 22, 2008

Banditoh posted:

I never loved Mark the Bagger. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone has loved Mark the Bagger. He was just this dude with a weird voice that the Bloodhound gang glombed on to, right? I can't recall anything funny he's been involved in, so why the gently caress just have him in studio?

The only time he's been funny-ish in my eyes is when they were getting ETM to talk to soundclips of him and Wood-Yi when whichever time ETM came "back to the show", though he wasn't really involved with it

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Oh Robin sweetie, I've missed you.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Sand Monster posted:

I heard about fifteen seconds of the show today and it was controlled demolition right into jet fuel. He drives me nuts.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I saw a Beezid commercial in the barber shop and they were saying "Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock!"

Did they steal it from Ronnie or did he pick it up from when they advertised on the show?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I saw a Beezid commercial in the barber shop and they were saying "Whoa whoa whoa stop the clock!"

Did they steal it from Ronnie or did he pick it up from when they advertised on the show?

And thats Little Mikey singing the theme song right?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
What I like best about this is that there are zero-point-zero comments to the article. That's gotta kill him even more than the actual arrest.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I haven't listened to the show since the summer, but I just noticed Robin released a book this week?

Read the top rated review, it's amazing.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I haven't listened to the show since the summer, but I just noticed Robin released a book this week?

It definitely needed to be a bit more succinct, but I liked it.

By the way, if Robin ever does any shaman bullshit again where some 100 year old Incan dude sacrifices a guinea pig and rubs snickers bars on her, I will start a petition to change the Hippocratic Oath to allow doctors to never have to treat people like her again.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Oh cool, Artie's new book is on pre-order now

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Human Crouton posted:

It definitely needed to be a bit more succinct, but I liked it.

"A nutrition guide from an obese, sickly woman. No thanks."

The blurb that says it all.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

Oh cool, Artie's new book is on pre-order now

Maybe he'll gently caress audiobook fans over again by reading a quarter of it, then leaving the rest to a gorilla, someone with a thick grating accent, and a literal illiterate.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GenoCanSing posted:

Maybe he'll gently caress audiobook fans over again by reading a quarter of it, then leaving the rest to a gorilla, someone with a thick grating accent, and a literal illiterate.

The part with the illiterate was pretty funny. (Agree on the other complaints, though.)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

GenoCanSing posted:

Mariann from Brooklyn will read the entire thing.

edit: Oh my god, her website is hilarious. Why does she even have one?! "I'm a fifth rate caller on a radio show, people care what I have to say!"

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 4, 2013

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Taken from /r/howardstern:

Jerry making Howard interact with members of the proletariat.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

What cereal is he reaching for?! I must know!

Also, is that for some kind of bit or is it just two rich dudes buyin' cereal together?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 4, 2013

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
2 very grown men in skinny jeans.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Also, is that for some kind of bit or is it just two rich dudes buyin' cereal together?

I believe it's for this, which Howard said he will appear on:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I believe it's for this, which Howard said he will appear on:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

Ah, OK. Yeah I knew of his "Comedians" series, I guess for some reason I didn't consider Howard would be a guest on it. Also, Jerry Seinfeld has a lot of cars. Goddamn he must be rich by now. And he's still doing standup! I think he's actually performing in my city tonight.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

musclecoder posted:

Taken from /r/howardstern:

Jerry making Howard interact with members of the proletariat.

He is going to bathe in Purel when he gets home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Goddamn he must be rich by now.

Obscenely.

quote:

Jerry Seinfeld
Television
Estimated Net Worth: $800 million

His TV show about nothing has earned $2.7 billion in 12 years and could take in $200 million more a year, thanks to syndication payments. Seinfeld has spent some of his portion buying up New York real estate and has a four-car garage (in Manhattan!) for his fleet of vintage motors.