Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Dunno how many people are in the northeast Indiana area, but Brickworld Fort Wayne is this weekend! If last year is any indication, it's probably going to be chock-full of stuff, and also people. By which I mean, there were a LOT of people last year--at least when I was there.

A word of warning, there's a 10k race Saturday morning, so there's going to be some detours in downtown, since the race ends basically across the street from the Grand Wayne Center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GTJustin posted:

Didn't list the weight, did mention a guesstimate of over 1000 pcs. Doesn't matter now since she found another buyer after she got annoyed at our "back and forth" emails when I asked if we could meet in a public place instead of her house. Sorry lady but if you're replying to multiple buyers, don't assume I get the emails and can understand your lovely auto-correct.

Weight is pretty much the standard unit of measurement for people buying bulk lego. Piece count is kind of irrelevant because for one, you didn't actually count them, and two, it doesn't give any information about piece size.

Identifying the minifigs is also a good way to get more interest, as buyers loving love to hoard minifigs.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Showing the minifigs also gives the buyer a better indication of what sort of sets/themes might be in the lot and provides a bit more reassurance that the lot hasn't been picked clean of the more sought after figs/pieces.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

MaggieTheCat posted:

I noticed Target getting ready to put out there Halloween display last week, does anyone know what the polybag is this year? I cant check until tomorrow.

My Target (Florida) also had the Star Wars polybag but there is a shelf tag for a Lego Witch polybag as well.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Amazon UK have been dropping Jabba's Sail Barge from £99 a more reasonable £66, and the desert skiff is £16 (from 24). Worth a look, some nice figs.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Looks like Maersk Blue may be going away for good.

The new Maersk ship uses azure blue instead. It's microscale and there's a shitload of stickers that span pieces.

I like that they used ice skates for the radars.

MaggieTheCat
Nov 7, 2010

NickThorn posted:

My Target (Florida) also had the Star Wars polybag but there is a shelf tag for a Lego Witch polybag as well.

Yeah, went to Target today and they had plenty of the star wars and zero witch polybags. I will check later this week to see if they get any in.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
My Target had a bunch of Witch poly bags the other day, I am going again on Monday or Tuesday so I can check again if anyone is interested.

I can't wait for the Thanksgiving poly bag, I think though it's only for the LEGO store?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I am so butthurt that series 4 of the Star Wars mini ships aren't being released in the states.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Pyroclastic posted:

...and there's a shitload of stickers that span pieces.

Same with the otherwise-awesome Maersk train :(

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I am exceedingly jealous of people who are able to get good renders.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Three-Phase posted:

I am exceedingly jealous of people who are able to get good renders.

What's the issue you're having?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
My oldest son got the Creator set with the big jet yesterday. He's 4, but he's pretty good at following directions and putting pieces where they belong.

Helping him build it was a proud moment.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Motherfucking triangular chin I'm gonna get you in your sleep

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

Tanith posted:

I am so butthurt that series 4 of the Star Wars mini ships aren't being released in the states.

I bit the bullet and ordered two sets from Amazon.fr. Yea, I will be selling the second set to make up for the exchange rate penalties...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The quality on those mini ships blows my mind, I bought the x-wing on impulse last year and it turned out to be my favorite lego purchase of the year.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Tanith posted:

It sucks, I was so looking forward to the snow speeder.

ether
May 20, 2001

I made a thing for a good friend, pretty stoked how it turned out, pretty low blockcount and no studs to be seen except the eyeball.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

ether posted:

I made a thing for a good friend, pretty stoked how it turned out, pretty low blockcount and no studs to be seen except the eyeball.

Now put them up on Cuuso.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Guess it's time to pick up Horizon Express and the F1 car.

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

ether posted:

I demand an exploded diagram and parts list so I can go to bricklink and make my own.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Last month was SHIPtember month. I didn't know until today, but all SHIPs were posted to this Flickr group. Some great mini and micro scale work in there. Even a macro, human scale, SHIP (sort of)!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm going to be building my first modular set is there a set I should get in particular?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Captain Foo posted:

What's the issue you're having?

I couldn't get that software to generate the 3DS files to work - I wasn't able to import them into AOI, it might be more of an AOI issue. Not a big deal.

(Art of Illusion is also awesome and crappy at the same time.)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Three-Phase posted:

I couldn't get that software to generate the 3DS files to work - I wasn't able to import them into AOI, it might be more of an AOI issue. Not a big deal.

(Art of Illusion is also awesome and crappy at the same time.)

The converter generates POV files for POV-RAY, not AOI :confused:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Scraped together another classic set tonight:

Lego 1558 by mrxzzy, on Flickr

Had all pieces except for the jetpacks that came with it. Kind of rare on bricklink so I might just have to live without.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

obi_ant posted:

I'm going to be building my first modular set is there a set I should get in particular?

If you plan on getting all of them eventually, you should start with the fire station. It's been out for a couple of years now, likely to be discontinued soon, after which the price will explode. Beyond that, they're all pretty decent. The Grand Emporium is more or less the thread favourite, although I reckon it's a bit repetitive. The Pet Shop is great, two buildings with distinct styles and detailed interiors. The Town Hall is okay; it's a bit boring compared to the others, and the browny-orange colour it uses isn't very useful or attractive. I don't have the Cinema, but looks pretty good.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Scraped together another classic set tonight:

Lego 1558 by mrxzzy, on Flickr

Had all pieces except for the jetpacks that came with it. Kind of rare on bricklink so I might just have to live without.

That looks in great condition, except for the black minifigure missing the gold on the chest emblem. But most Classic Space minifigs are missing the gold, so not much to do about that.

I'm slowly working on my next Classic Space set, but it's taking a while with some of the more rare pieces. Either stores have them all at inflated prices, or they have singles when I need 2, 3 or 4. At this point, I may just overpay on the lot of them from a single store since the shipping on orders from different stores is probably going to make everything about the same anyways.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ltr posted:

That looks in great condition, except for the black minifigure missing the gold on the chest emblem. But most Classic Space minifigs are missing the gold, so not much to do about that.

I'm very impressed the chin-strap isn't broken.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

obi_ant posted:

As Krazyface mentioned above, if you intend to collect them then you're best off getting the fire station as it's the next to be discontinued. If you're not fussed about that then the Pet Shop is pretty drat cool. However, if you're only intending to get one then you want the set that looks the best on its own - and that is the cinema. It's looks amazing as a stand alone piece and it's also the cheapest.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm very impressed the chin-strap isn't broken.

Non-broken helmets are easy. I've got probably a dozen on minifigs and another five waiting for parts to complete more minifigs. Sure, the chinstraps break but they were used in a lot of sets so they're pretty common.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ltr posted:

Check out this badass I found in my blue bucket last week:

I think it's my only classic space with any gold left. His face is one of my better heads too.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Check out this badass I found in my blue bucket last week:

I think it's my only classic space with any gold left. His face is one of my better heads too.

Nice, here is my yellow guy I posted a while ago that I found in my box of legos that I got out of my parents garage. He had a vest thing over his chest so was protected from everything. None of my other classic space have any gold left either.

ether
May 20, 2001

dangittj posted:

I demand an exploded diagram and parts list so I can go to bricklink and make my own.

I can do you one better and provide a LDD-file if you need. Is there somewhere where I can easily host them without renaming and stuff like that?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ltr posted:

He had a vest thing over his chest so was protected from everything. None of my other classic space have any gold left either.

I always wondered how gold managed to survive on some minifigs but not others.. this makes a lot of sense.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

For some reason Series 11 cases have dried up around me, and I still haven't found my last two figures, so trade list again for anyone who has spares of the two I need:

Have:
Rock Climber
Elf
Bavarian Lady
Scientist Lady x2
Welder
Scarecrow
Lady Robot

Need:
Waitress
Tiki Guy

Shoot me a PM if you're stateside and want to trade!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Double points October? DeLoreans for everyone!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I couldn't find my first lego set (starfire 1) so all of you classic space minifig holders can eat my shorts. :mad:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Lizard Combatant posted:

Double points October? DeLoreans for everyone!

If you are going to order over $100 wait until the 14th as a christmas set is coming out that will be thrown in as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Merchant of Death posted:

If you are going to order over $100 wait until the 14th as a christmas set is coming out that will be thrown in as well.

Thanks for the heads up!