Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Ack I refreshed my page and now my cursors are gone, I guess because I have particles off. I don't care about the other changes but that one bothers me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

nimby posted:

Selling things is never worth it. Especially grandmas, because they add a lot of CpS on their own.

Well, if you're about to reset, there's no downside to selling all your buildings of one type to get another type's "100 buildings" achievement.

Pirate Jet posted:

With the nerf to Elder Pledges, does this mean that getting the Covenant is actually worth it now?

Well, the Covenant takes a percentage of your CpS and Pledges don't, so Pledges will always beat out the Covenant at the highest levels.

Whether it's better in any specific situation depends on your CpS and how long you plan to keep it on.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Semisponge posted:

Ack I refreshed my page and now my cursors are gone, I guess because I have particles off. I don't care about the other changes but that one bothers me :(

Huh buying cursors doesn't cause my computer to hiccup anymore, though, so that's good.

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I refreshed and lost my about 10% of my CpS. :smithicide:

Same happened to me, but it's all back and more with all the new doublers (up to Time Machines) and a spare +100% from the not-Girl Scout flavors.

New goals for now:
- 200 Grandmas
- 100 AMCs, and its associated doubler
- 240 Cursors and Sextillion Fingers
- a box of actual Win Mints to crunch

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
So with elder pledge being more expensive and cookie chains now able to go into the quadrillions, is it still worth it to buy pledge + click golden cookies, or is it better to just click red cookies?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Greybone posted:

The grandma ones are awesome:
Farmer grandmas: A nice farmer to grow more cookies
Worker grandmas: A nice worker to manifacture more cookies
Cosmic grandmas: A nice thing to.. uh.. cookies

Altered grandmas: a NiCe GrAnDmA tO bA######################

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Is there a recommend number of cookies to have before resetting for Heavenly Chips? I'm at about 3.5 Quadrillion.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

So, should I go to 300 cursors or 200 time machines?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
I don't think there's a limit to Cookie Chains anymore except that you need to have at least 4x the amount of cookies it would give you.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Is there a recommend number of cookies to have before resetting for Heavenly Chips? I'm at about 3.5 Quadrillion.

It's less about being at a recommended number, and more just making sure it'd get you the achievements you need. (IE: Resetting with at least a quadrillion baked) And after that, focusing on the two Neverclick achivements. Then you can play to your heart's content.

DarkSol posted:

So, should I go to 300 cursors or 200 time machines?

Whatever Cookie Monster says is more profitable.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

M3wThr33 posted:

It's less about being at a recommended number, and more just making sure it'd get you the achievements you need. (IE: Resetting with at least a quadrillion baked) And after that, focusing on the two Neverclick achivements. Then you can play to your heart's content.

Whatever Cookie Monster says is more profitable.

Cookie Monster is broken with the new update. And who cares about profit when you have five quintillion cookies in the bank via four click frenzies within the space of 20 minutes? :woop:

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

DarkSol posted:

Cookie Monster is broken with the new update. And who cares about profit when you have five quintillion cookies in the bank via four click frenzies within the space of 20 minutes? :woop:

It doesn't matter what you click then. Just click more stuff.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Suaimhneas posted:

It seems to be bugged, I just bought it and my CPS didn't change :(

Yeah it doesn't change your CpS and breaks Cookie Monster if you're running it. Basically, don't buy Sextillion yet. If you have, either reset or disable it with Neuromancy.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It will boost your clicking power, though. Just not your cursors. Didn't get added to both places.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Citycop posted:

It doesn't matter what you click then. Just click more stuff.

Trust me, I'm clicking tons! I have my 200th portal, 271 cursors, 160 time machines and still 135 antimatter chambers.

I think I'm doing alright so far.

Gentleman
Aug 19, 2006

Would you let me see your panties?
I refreshed the screen and now I get nothing but a black screen with the "Oops, looks like the game isn't loading right" text. Ctrl-F5 doesn't work.

I can't click the cookie, please help.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You and me both :ohdear:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gentleman posted:

I refreshed the screen and now I get nothing but a black screen with the "Oops, looks like the game isn't loading right" text. Ctrl-F5 doesn't work.

I can't click the cookie, please help.

IOwnCalculus posted:

You and me both :ohdear:

I'm clicking plenty for the three of us. :sympathy:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I just enabled Cookie Monster on the game and now its permanently crashed. How do I fix this?

EDIT: I restarted the computer and its okay again. I don't have Cookie Monster, however. What the gently caress ever.

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 2, 2013

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I just enabled Cookie Monster on the game and now its permanently crashed. How do I fix this?

It works fine for me, other than the broken bits. v:shobon:v

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ohhh nooooooooooo
EDIT: It's borked for me too.
EDIT2: Thank gently caress it's back

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Senor Candle posted:

Ohhh nooooooooooo
EDIT: It's borked for me too.

Note to self: don't refresh.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hah, got all the new achievements already. Buying 200 grandmas for no reason paid off!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

McDragon posted:

Hah, got all the new achievements already. Buying 200 grandmas for no reason paid off!

I'm missing the very last one, but I insta-had the rest. Neverclick?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Karnegal posted:

I'm missing the very last one, but I insta-had the rest. Neverclick?

Yes.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
I see that Neverclick and True Neverclick have been separated. Neverclick is now a non-shadow achievement.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Can you get lucky cookies that stack? For instance, clicking frenzy and then have another clicking frenzy, giving a total of x49 for the overlap?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

PJOmega posted:

Can you get lucky cookies that stack? For instance, clicking frenzy and then have another clicking frenzy, giving a total of x49 for the overlap?

No, the frenzy timer just resets.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

PJOmega posted:

Frenzy will not stack with frenzy. Click frenzy will stack with frenzy, yielding huge points.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Anyone else getting anything like this? ctrl+f5 doesn't seem to do anything

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

sweeroy posted:

Anyone else getting anything like this? ctrl+f5 doesn't seem to do anything

Congrats. You have clicked all the cookies.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
All my cursors disappear (instead of just not animating) with particles turned off. Is this normal now?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Sindai posted:

All my cursors disappear (instead of just not animating) with particles turned off. Is this normal now?

Yeah. I can understand why because for some people whenever you bought a new cursor the game/browser lagged a bit.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So with pledge cost increased 10x and red cookies mildly boosted by the buff to cookie chains... do we have any idea which of the 3 grandmapocalyse routes (pledges, covenant, red cookies) are better for any given CPS?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The break-even point for pledges over covenant is now 24.4 billion cps. Someone else will have to do the golden/red cookie math.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Honestly the question for red and gold is harder since cookie chains can break and really comes down to do the changes make red cookies better than gold cookies. I don't care nearly enough to figure out all the probabilities involved.

Andy Waltfeld
Dec 18, 2009
I've always found the Sated vs. Rampant debate to be solved by whether or not you bother keeping around the bank necessary to maximize Frenzy-Lucky yield.

If you do, Pledges are more effective because Frenzies only occur from Gold Cookies.
If you don't, Wrath Cookies are more effective because the boost from an Elder Frenzy doesn't care what your current bank is (and tends to be about 90% of an immediate Frenzy-Lucky payout), and you won't have enough cookies on-hand to feel the full brunt of Ruin anyway.

Covenant of course is always awful; never Covenant except for one last cheevo when you get fed up with your run and decide it's time to reset for HCs.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
If you're willing to bank an absurd amount of cookies, like a few orders of magnitude more than you need for frenzy + lucky, I could see red cookies being more valuable than golden cookies. Otherwise, stick with the goldens.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Andy Waltfeld posted:

I've always found the Sated vs. Rampant debate to be solved by whether or not you bother keeping around the bank necessary to maximize Frenzy-Lucky yield.

If you do, Pledges are more effective because Frenzies only occur from Gold Cookies.
If you don't, Wrath Cookies are more effective because the boost from an Elder Frenzy doesn't care what your current bank is (and tends to be about 90% of an immediate Frenzy-Lucky payout), and you won't have enough cookies on-hand to feel the full brunt of Ruin anyway.

Covenant of course is always awful; never Covenant except for one last cheevo when you get fed up with your run and decide it's time to reset for HCs.

No reason not to bank it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I feel like golden cookies aren't appearing as often as they used to before the update. Just me? I'm fully upgraded except for shortfoils, win mints and the 240 cursor upgrade.

• Locked thread