Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Superconsndar posted:

The only thing I dislike about the facebook group is that I am less driven to take Peep pictures because I'll only be FB posting them (bc there's no point posting them here because SA has no bully people besides like me and Supertwo and Wheats and like 1 or 2 other people) and when Peep grows up I will have like 1/10th the pics of him that I have of Pin growing up.

e; irl thought it'll go the same way the IRC thing did in 2009 and devolve and we'll all be back here sooner or later

Well take more photos, rear end in a top hat!

Skizzles posted:

I see Artie finally grew out of his monkey face. :3:

Also Kalli so does look like a GSD, just she has white. :colbert:

p.s. though that dog's young in that picture I loving love her structure

SEE IF SHE HAD FLOPPY EARS YOU WOULDNT DO THIS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

Fraction posted:

All the best border collies have upright ears.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

huskyjackal posted:

PIFB is like the SA PI after-hours club where we all shake off our usernames, let our hair down (let's admit it we're all goddamn ladies even you Bash)

Hey :/ I'm not a lady, thank you very much.

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

Today some people came to my apartment for a sprinkler inspection. I came home to a bunch of dudes in my apartment and 2 cats hidden away in complete terror.

I'm supposed to go to a friends house but I'm hanging around for a little while to make them feel better :3:

Edit: they're eating now so I guess my comforts are inadequate :mad:

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Siochain posted:

We're all ladies down there... and you will be a lady too :catstare:.

We need a Pennywise smilie :(.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

Siochain posted:

dude looks like a lady.

:colbert: :iceburn:

oh hey
I think I got sucked into drawing Feldman like one of those French girls. Unsure about adding corset and more stuff, but :effort: so I never finish anything. so have a thing of Feldfemme for Bash.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Fraction posted:

YOU ARE CORRECT, but naw I just like to tease. :3:

Also damnit, huskyjackal, I was happy forgetting panda shepherds ever existed. :colbert:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
I've been buried in work and animal crossing for weeks and I finally come into this thread and there. are. no. Sadie pictures. :qq:

Today I saw a guy sitting in his parked car at Walgreens and he had a very large leashed iguana on his shoulder.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

huskyjackal posted:

dude looks like a lady.

:colbert: :iceburn:

Ouch :( Now I'm offended.

Time to go post on PI:FB...oh poo poo...

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
PUPPY WORKOUT

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

"What's nice about using a puppy is that as they tend to get heavier as they get older so you always have progressive resistance."

"Just don't move too quickly as some puppies are prone to motion-sickness."

:3:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My overly reactive sensitive little flower dog finally played with another dog today! :neckbeard:

Granted it was mostly her trying to herd the new dog while he ran around with a frisbee in his mouth but they both were having fun playing two completely different games. I never thought the day would come. I mean, she still gets into endless BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK mode at him, but she's never been the playing with others type. Progress, slow progress, but I'll take it.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Neigé is right now running around playing keep away with one of Diego's toys he brought from home. On the one hand I feel I should intervene, but on the other there is an Important Lesson to be learned here:

Everyone likes being the bully when they finally get their chance.

A study in patience with prior board-and-trains:

Lucy, the nightmare

Benny, the bestest friend

"Shut up kid, you're in MY hood now"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Kerfuffle posted:

I've been buried in work and animal crossing for weeks and I finally come into this thread and there. are. no. Sadie pictures. :qq:

You need to get yourself to the YOSPOS cat thread then. And pester Shifty Pony in to putting the sadiecam back up. :3:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ButWhatIf posted:

That's practically what SA is based on. Your dog is a goon.

:3: Kaydee endured the vet without muzzling at all yesterday (their decision, not mine). Including having an internal suture that was poking through her skin removed. She got a raw chicken leg for being a good girl.

Stahi
Feb 20, 2003

oh god how did this get here

ButWhatIf posted:

Quote of the century.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Someone thought she wanted to go to the park and play even though it started to rain (then downpour...then hail).

Someone was incorrect.

Yuck.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

You know, I've been thinking about it and have come to the conclusion that your cloud-dog is pretty awesome.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Trauma Tank posted:

You know, I've been thinking about it and have come to the conclusion that your cloud-dog is pretty awesome.

:3:

Luckily he's too derpy to let praise go to his head. And yes that's a frisbee he ripped a hole in, being worn as a fashionable neck accessory

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Kalli's going in for x ray's tomorrow hng :qq: her limp still hasn't gone, after about a month.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Your cloud puppy finally grew into his face! :3: He's so pretty pretty.

Hope Kalli is okay. :(

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

Hope Kalli gets the all clear and she's just bruised herself badly or something.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fraction posted:

Kalli's going in for x ray's tomorrow hng :qq: her limp still hasn't gone, after about a month.

Here's hoping it's nothing serious. Poor pup.

Kaydee got her spay done today and she's recovered beautifully. That spot that was on her xray? Totally gone. Vet figures it was just some bruising. But she's a fatty fat and needs to drop about 5 pounds apparently. I was rather surprised because I only feed her a cup of food and she's well exercised. Turns out husband's been feeding her an extra half cup when I'm not around. Whoops. But the vet says she's happy and healthy :3:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Max went to the vet today for a bit of dentistry. It was loooong over-due thanks to dad dragging his feet about cost. 16 teeth later, Max is looking much better. His mouth was a bit of a fright, so they took pictures for their facebook. They were kind enough to ask me first before posting, and they got my blessing. TAKE CARE OF YO DOGS TEEF.

Also check out those badass tats.

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx
The most obvious thing to do with a smart-phone with a slow motion camera is post a video of you knocking your cats over...

...in slow motion.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Ny7Xybi4E

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Suspect Bucket posted:

Max went to the vet today for a bit of dentistry. It was loooong over-due thanks to dad dragging his feet about cost. 16 teeth later, Max is looking much better. His mouth was a bit of a fright, so they took pictures for their facebook. They were kind enough to ask me first before posting, and they got my blessing. TAKE CARE OF YO DOGS TEEF.

Looks like your dog is getting some mouth tats, haha.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Suspect Bucket posted:

I was about to ask where you live, 'cause my friend is also a dyed redhead vet tech with tattoo sleeves. :stare:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Skizzles posted:

I was about to ask where you live, 'cause my friend is also a dyed redhead vet tech with tattoo sleeves. :stare:

Jacksonville. I think this girl's hair was mostly natural though, she has the eyebrows and face to go with it.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Lord Lilf posted:

The most obvious thing to do with a smart-phone with a slow motion camera is post a video of you knocking your cats over...

...in slow motion.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Ny7Xybi4E

This is a work of art and belongs in the Pompidou Center.

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir
More cat harassment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjQ_E-3qt50

I'm a bit annoyed that Toast's favorite toys are paper bags and soda boxes as opposed to his expensive ball-on-a-set-path toy. I should have expected this.

Lefty Lugubrious
Apr 30, 2006

I'm joining the ranks of PIers with dogs who have knee/leg injuries. :( Ivan hurt his knee playing with our neighbor's lab. And agility classes just started too. We're both bummed. Here is a lovely cell phone pic of the Gloomy Gus on craterest.

I brought him back from the vet yesterday, went to feed him, and....cat pee on his food mat AND in his bowl??? What fresh hell is this?! I went on a pee hunt and discovered Kismet-pee in the laundry basket, on the laptop bag, and on a random piece of cardboard on the floor in my husband's office. While I was cleaning the laptop bag, she squatted on the wad of paper towels I was using and peed on those as well. Clearly, she was thinking "I don't know if I got my point across by peeing on as many of your objects as possible. If I pee in an inappropriate place right in front of you, will THAT be sufficient to convince you I'm not well?" I already knew, Kismet. Your point had already been made. But I appreciate your thoroughness.

Sooooo back to the vet this morning. She has a bladder infection. Yay.

We have another cat as well, so I fully expect to come home this evening to find his cat horf or loose stools or something equally alarming all over my bedroom. The trifecta of pet illnesses.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Yay pet illnesses! Cohen has had a limp this week too. I think she landed funny while playing frisbee with my husband. And by "playing" I mean "jumping high and twisting into ridiculous shapes at his prompting then falling down". I had even asked him to stop since I was worried she'd end up hurting herself, and, well. I think he thought me paranoid.

I've not noticed the limp today, so I think she's healing up well. She'd better, 'cause I have a private agility lesson booked for this weekend that I really don't want to miss.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Lefty Lugubrious posted:

I'm joining the ranks of PIers with dogs who have knee/leg injuries. :(

Lol SAME Kalli is broken now too :iamafag:

Lefty Lugubrious
Apr 30, 2006

X-rays showed zero things wrong with Ivan's knee, so, they don't know why the hell he's still limping a month after his injury. They gave me 3 different meds to give him then we'll regroup in a few weeks. They're saying we might have to do exploratory surgery.

My vet said, by way of comfort, "Will he ever be an agility champion? No. Will he ever walk normally again? Probably." Look lady, I never expected him to be an agility champion, I merely asked if he was doomed to be a couch potato for the rest of his life. I really hope that isn't the case. My poor dog, y'all. :(

I bought these steps for him to use to get on the couch (assuming he stops limping). And I promptly returned them. I should've read reviews first--this one sums them up perfectly:

PetSmart reviewer posted:

We bought this some time ago and I just got around to trying to put it together.
I agree completely with the other reviewers that this item is a total waste of time and money. The instructions are so poorly written that they are virtually incomprehensible. Secondly in order to assemble it, you would need about six hands and the patience of Job. And even if you were able to put it together the wood is such poor quality that I wouldn't trust it even with the smallest of dogs. And yes, as others have said, it smells so strongly that I doubt that my dogs would come anywhere near it.
Therefore, I say Caveat Emptor. It's going to be returned ASAP.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been deep enough for his stubby legs anyway. He'll just have to continue chilling on the floor and acting like it's a punishment.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Lefty Lugubrious posted:

X-rays showed zero things wrong with Ivan's knee, so, they don't know why the hell he's still limping a month after his injury. They gave me 3 different meds to give him then we'll regroup in a few weeks. They're saying we might have to do exploratory surgery.

Surgery on the leg?

Edit: maybe they're talking about placing a camera in the joint?

Lefty Lugubrious
Apr 30, 2006

Yes, that's what's I meant--camera in the joint.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I took a video of Ford meowing, but that wasn't too interesting, so I did this with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nI2G9x_iyo

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Soooooo we got Patricia McConnell for SPARCS 2014. I get to meet Patricia McConnell (and Simon Gadbois and James Serpell and I get to see Kathryn Lord and Monique Udell and Clive Wynne again).

I loving love my job so much.

Also streaming is going to be free again and for always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ooka seems to becoming a bit territorial and dog aggressive over the last year or two. I don't know what the hell. He used to be so good, he was the perfect shop dog: I could just let him out with me and he'd plop himself down in the driveway and watch the world go by. Now, he barks at cars pulling into driveways across the street, freaks out every time a delivery vehicle or school bus goes by, goes absolutely apeshit when a delivery vehicle actually pulls up to our house, and just today, we were hanging outside in the driveway when a couple went walking by with a shep and he ran out there, completely ignoring me, and picked a fight with the dog right out of nowhere.

It's absolutely unacceptable, he's now flat out lost his front yard privileges. I detest when I'm walking him on the street and some rear end in a top hat's unleashed dog comes charging up, I will not be that guy. I went and talked to the neighbor who's dog he picked a fight with, sounds like everything's fine, and I told them it will not happen again, that he won't be in the front yard off leash, so they don't have to worry about walking by my house.

Any ideas what might be causing this? He's about 8 now, we have a 1.5 year old daughter, but he doesn't seem protective of her, mostly he just doesn't give a poo poo and he generally moves out of her way when she comes by. I know sometimes he maybe feels like he's not the center of attention he once was, because he's not, and if we're playing with Eve, he'll sometimes try to kind of work his way in, like he'll kind of act a little clingy, but he doesn't in any way act like it's a problem when she comes back in and pushes her way in.

I don't know what to do about it, is this something I can curtail before it becomes a serious problem, or is it likely to continue to escalate regardless of what I do? Since we moved a year ago, he definitely doesn't get as much dog-on-dog time: we used to have a couple friends who's dogs he would see semi-regularly (usually at least once a week), is it likely that lack of dog interaction is causing some mental angst/pent up dog-energy? I don't know if there are any dog parks around Erie, and frankly, I'm hesitant to take him to one right now. I guess if I found one, we could try walking him nearby for a while, try to get him used to the idea of dogs nearby being an okay thing.

I'm just sort of at a loss here, he was so good with other dogs for so long. I mean, he didn't like to put up with another dog's crap if it was being pushy or trying to mount him constantly, but if the other dog was cool, he would be too.

Help! :(

• Locked thread