Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jax is a lazy loving boss. Can't wipe down his own gun or fill in a hole a little bit. Like nobody expects him to fill up the entire hole but maybe a few scoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I have to say I went from "wow it seems like a pretty dumb idea to not want heat on your MC and then decide to go gun down some nazis for something that they perceive you as starting" to "ok that was pretty smart to plant the guns thanks for making some semblance of sense SoA"

E: Also, this is the most enjoyable episode of the season so far

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Can we get a new button thing for hate watching? I mean loving Christ

-otto dies

-toric dies

-goon dies

What do we even need anymore?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And WHY IS TIG ALIVE?! loving hell.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sons of Anarchy thread: WHY IS TIG STILL ALIVE

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Conquistador posted:

How the gently caress is Lee Toric able to wear his badge if he is retired. I mean, don't get me wrong. In the grand scheme of this show I get thats minutiae.

Did I miss that part where he isn't actually retired?

He was deputized by the DA as a special investigator.

e: oh man next week's promo Charlie Hunnam's completely given up on his poo poo accent.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 2, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Tig, honey, that's twice Jax has set you up to be murdered by Pope's gang and in nearly the same fasion. On top of that, when he saw you the next morning, Jax looked as though he saw a ghost. How do you even rationalize it at this point? "Haha, oh it's just this game we play! :haw:"

Two sighs accompanied by "Jesus Christ" so far. I'm going to bet on there being -- I'm feeling risky: let's say two more.

It's just occurred to me that so many bruised and battered women are paraded around on this show that I hardly notice anymore. :negative:

For having terminal cancer (remember that?) and being beaten by a trio nazis who carved his chest open with a bowie knife before hanging him from a carlift, Unser's taking this all in stride.

T-1000's charter has more sense than the Sons -- good on them!

:byodame:: "My kids!" Tara, if the :siren: isn't going off in your head by now...

Pardon me, Jax? All of this poo poo is happening because of you making these calls on the fly. And your precious 6 club members would've been down to 5 if it weren't for Tig's dumb luck.

Hey Gemma, gonna make a mention of the giant bruise that was on Wendy's neck yesterday that's absent today? :shrug: No?

Dude...Darby, was it? I know you're a former skinhead and all, but please, I beseech you, don't listen to Jax. "poo poo, this is gonna end up bad." :( Truer words were never spoken, Darb.

Waitwaitwait...Jax, you're sending Juice: the half-Black / Half-Puerto Rican to back up Tig as he infiltrates the White Supremacist hideout in the middle of nowhere? :ughh: I can't even form words...

Wow. The plan went to poo poo sooner than even I expected.

Wait, so they drove half a mile and kick the guy they kidnapped out of the back of the truck? :psyduck: So what was the point of all of this?

C'mon, give us a reunion with Donal Logue and Rockmond Dunbar!

gently caress YOU, JAX! Of all the people you could've sent to the Stormfront HQ and you send the one minority and it's somehow his fault?

Oh man, Goon Prospect was just unceremoniously shot in the face and butchered with a hacksaw. Goons are not going to take this well. :(

:wtc: Can't they just declare a motion of "no confidence" in Jax? His idiocy has killed 2 prospects and nearly killed 3 more (one of them twice)! As insane as it sounds, Clay was better for the club than Jax is.

Holy poo poo. :tviv: The skies have opened up! A pillar of radiance shines down and finally, finally Nero realizes that his life has gone to poo poo the day Gemma walked into it. This is a revelation I never thought we'd see! Run Nero! RU--:doh: gently caress, I spoke too soon.

:sigh: "Jesus Christ" up to 3! One more, Sutter! And the :sigh: "poo poo" up to 3 as well.

Why am I looking at Otto again? Why is one of his hands unrestrained when that's exactly how he murdered the other nurse? Why did they set up 3 episodes of Toric driving into our heads that he's ran out of favors at the prison only to show him continuing call in favors? Whatever. Just please, please, don't give us a prison rape scene with Clay.

The Sons splatter the nazis in a hail of automatic gunfire then orders the Sons to burn the place down (invariably starting a massive wildfire because they set fire to a house in a the middle of a dried field in California) and they just and to make it all look like an "internal beef?!" :psypop:

And then...Otto, with no eyes, no tongue, virtually crippled and prison-raped to where he can barely move, kills Toric the same way he killed Toric's sister and rendering his whole arc virtually irrelevant. :psyboom: I'm speechless.

And we go into Sutter's equivalent of 2.1 line spacing on a term paper: the musical montage. Though I have to confess to being a little amused that Goon Prospect had to be put into two boxes.

I might be very well done with this show. I'd often called Dexter the co-joined twin of SoA; but when I saw the Dexter finale over the weekend, I thought that Sons actually had a slight edge over Dexter in the quality of the writing. What in the world was I thinking?

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 2, 2013

Fat_Jacks
May 8, 2004
Yo Mines !!!
RIP Goon prospect. wtf sutter, Tig is still alive. ugh

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Ghostpilot posted:

Tig, honey, that's twice Jax has set you up to be murdered by Pope's gang and in nearly the same fasion. On top of that, when he saw you the next morning, Jax looked as though he saw a ghost. How do you even rationalize it at this point? "Haha, oh it's just this game we play! :haw:"

Two sighs accompanied by "Jesus Christ" so far. I'm going to bet on there being -- I'm feeling risky: let's say two more.

It's just occurred to me that so many bruised and battered women are paraded around on this show that I hardly notice anymore. :negative:

For having terminal cancer (remember that?) and being beaten by a trio nazis who carved his chest open with a bowie knife before hanging him from a carlift, Unser's taking this all in stride.

T-1000's charter has more sense than the Sons -- good on them!

:byodame:: "My kids!" Tara, if the :siren: isn't going off in your head by now...

Pardon me, Jax? All of this poo poo is happening because of you making these calls on the fly. And your precious 6 club members would've been down to 5 if it weren't for Tig's dumb luck.

Hey Gemma, gonna make a mention of the giant bruise that was on Wendy's neck yesterday that's absent today? :shrug: No?

Dude...Darby, was it? I know you're a former skinhead and all, but please, I beseech you, don't listen to Jax. "poo poo, this is gonna end up bad." :( Truer words were never spoken, Darb.

Waitwaitwait...Jax, you're sending Juice: the half-Black / Half-Puerto Rican to back up Tig as he infiltrates the White Supremacist hideout in the middle of nowhere? :ughh: I can't even form words...

Wow. The plan went to poo poo sooner than even I expected.

Wait, so they drove half a mile and kick the guy they kidnapped out of the back of the truck? :psyduck: So what was the point of all of this?

C'mon, give us a reunion with Donal Logue and Rockmond Dunbar!

gently caress YOU, JAX! Of all the people you could've sent to the Stormfront HQ and you send the one minority and it's somehow his fault?

Oh man, Goon Prospect was just unceremoniously shot in the face and butchered with a hacksaw. Goons are not going to take this well. :(

:wtc: Can't they just declare a motion of "no confidence" in Jax? His idiocy has killed 2 prospects and nearly killed 3 more (one of them twice)! As insane as it sounds, Clay was better for the club than Jax is.

Holy poo poo. :tviv: The skies have opened up! A pillar of radiance shines down and finally, finally Nero realizes that his life has gone to poo poo the day Gemma walked into it. This is a revelation I never thought we'd see! Run Nero! RU--:doh: gently caress, I spoke too soon.

:sigh: "Jesus Christ" up to 3! One more, Sutter! And the :sigh: "poo poo" up to 3 as well.

Why am I looking at Otto again? Why is one of his hands unrestrained when that's exactly how he murdered the other nurse? Why did they set up 3 episodes of Toric driving into our heads that he's ran out of favors at the prison only to show him continuing call in favors? Whatever. Just please, please, don't give us a prison rape scene with Clay.

The Sons splatter the nazis in a hail of automatic gunfire then orders the Sons to burn the place down (invariably starting a massive wildfire because they set fire to a house in a the middle of a dried field in California) and they just and to make it all look like an "internal beef?!" :psypop:

And then...Otto, with no eyes, no tongue, virtually crippled and prison-raped to where he can barely move, kills Toric the same way he killed Toric's sister and rendering his whole arc virtually irrelevant. :psyboom: I'm speechless.

And we go into Sutter's equivalent of 2.1 line spacing on a term paper: the musical montage. Though I have to confess to being a little amused that Goon Prospect had to be put into two boxes.

I might be very well done with this show. I'd often called Dexter the co-joined twin of SoA; but when I saw the Dexter finale over the weekend, I thought that Sons actually had a slight edge over Dexter in the quality of the writing. What in the world was I thinking?

Please continue recapping these episodes. I'm loving it.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Toric wasn't able to overpower or evade an incredibly weakened Otto that was practically bedridden. Jax's ex and the entire subplot she's involved with is weak filler. Tig and Clay are never going to get killed off. The whole Nazi house raid was pointless, no one even tried to get information from the guy before kicking him out of the truck.

Ghostpilot posted:

Somehow Michael C. Hall needs to become a character in SoA this season or next.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The TV IV › Sons Of Anarchy: The internal beef is not well done

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dead Snoopy posted:

Please continue recapping these episodes. I'm loving it.

For reals. I haven't watched it, and this is more fun.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Stopped watching last episode. Started making up my own episodes.

In this "My episode", our zany crew of bikers find Jesus and hit the road for a 6 month tour of Joseph and his amazing technicolour dreamcoat. Bobby Elvis in the lead role as Joseph.

Admit it, you'd watch.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Hey guys don't forget. Phil wasn't a prospect, he was patched in! Except you'd never know it because that happened between seasons forever ago.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Perfidus posted:

Hey guys don't forget. Phil wasn't a prospect, he was patched in! Except you'd never know it because that happened between seasons forever ago.

That really bothered me. They waffle on about how sacred their brotherhood is, how tough "getting in" is, blah blah, and then they just made him a voting member off screen and never gave him more than a few five word lines. Halfsack, who never got patched, got more screen time and a far more fleshed out character. It's getting to the point that it seems characters are being added just so they can be added to the stupidly high body count later, in ever gruesome "slashermovie-esque" ways.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I like how the Nazis retaliation was cutting up the chest of an old man. Meanwhile the Irish are dismembering people.

And yay, no more Otto.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
How is Sutter going to live out his degradation fantasies now?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

What the gently caress.

Why off Toric as if he was a minor character with two lines of dialogue? I hope the sheriff doesn't find out about his death and wastes the rest of the season trying to find the evidence that will bring him down! At least there were no scenes of Bobby and his beloved map this episode. And goddammit Tara, maybe have your super secret meetings with Wendy somewhere OTHER than the hospital, where apparently every single person on the show hangs out 24/7.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 2, 2013

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

haljordan posted:

What the gently caress.

Why off Toric as if he was a minor character with two lines of dialogue?

Apparently Donal Logue had to be written off earlier than Sutter planned because he needed to leave to start filming the next season of Vikings.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

smg77 posted:

Apparently Donal Logue had to be written off earlier than Sutter planned because he needed to leave to start filming the next season of Vikings.

Oh man, you mean there was gonna be MORE Toric? Thank god for "Vikings" I guess. You'd think they'd account for scheduling issues like that, though.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 2, 2013

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

deafmute posted:

Toric wasn't able to overpower or evade an incredibly weakened Otto that was practically bedridden.

To be fair, he had just been shanked in the kidney.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Flatscan posted:

To be fair, he had just been shanked in the kidney.

The one prison guard who was like "gently caress this, I'm on break" cracked me up.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Don't forget that the brand new Asian charter member had a single line of dialogue so that forty-five minutes later when he gets killed we're supposed to care because he was a character.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Why do they even have prisons on this show? Everyone who walks into one dies. They should just replace all the jails with industrial plastic shredders.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
RIP "Filthy" Phil Goonson, you're our precious angel now

:angel:

:dings:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Apparently, the IRA can't find ANYONE to move their guns except for Jax and his crew. So, why the hell would they kill two of their members? Do they honestly think Jax will be like "Eh, OK. I guess we just do whatever they say." This doesn't seem like a wise way to keep the money flowing back to Ireland. Then again, you'd think the IRA would look at the club and all it's incompetent boobery and just say "gently caress it, there is no way we can stay in business with these guys."

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 2, 2013

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm not even sure what's stalling SOA getting out of guns. Did I imagine things or didn't Pope's organization just say they want that action?

Donal Logue is in Vikings next season? Sold.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

I'm not even sure what's stalling SOA getting out of guns. Did I imagine things or didn't Pope's organization just say they want that action?

Donal Logue is in Vikings next season? Sold.

Yeah August said he would be down for taking it over. The IRA might not want to get involved with them though.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 2, 2013

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You guys are forgetting this is a soap opera. Sutter's actually following the form really well. Characters, events, places, etc. only exist to further storylines, which means nothing has any sort of internal consistency. Dude's definitely watched his fair share of As the World Turns and General Hospital.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten into ghost of dead characters and forgotten evil twin territory yet. Maybe he's saving that for next season.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

comes along bort posted:

You guys are forgetting this is a soap opera. Sutter's actually following the form really well. Characters, events, places, etc. only exist to further storylines, which means nothing has any sort of internal consistency. Dude's definitely watched his fair share of As the World Turns and General Hospital.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten into ghost of dead characters and forgotten evil twin territory yet. Maybe he's saving that for next season.

I demand an amnesia plot where Jax hits his head and wakes up thinking he's a CPA or a plumber or some poo poo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

haljordan posted:

I demand an amnesia plot where Jax hits his head and wakes up thinking he's a CPA or a plumber or some poo poo.

Or a freshman in college.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
"I had this dream where I was piloting a giant monster-fighting robot!"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
The end of the series features a slow camera pull out from the club house, revealing it's inside a snowglobe held by an autistic Kurt Sutter.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
It should end with Peg Bundy waking up next to Al and telling him about the weird dream she had.

AfroNinja
Oct 24, 2006
I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT EXPLOITING WOMEN BECAUSE I HAVE A SMALL DICK AND DESERVE TO TAKE A BULLET IN THE SKULL
RIP Phil!

So the main antagonist is dead 4 episodes in? I truly have no clue whats going to happen nor do I care. All I know is that I'll be back next week to watch it!

Also I don't get why Tig is still alive. Something about a loyalty test? Wtf???

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
We don't know how or why we're here, but we knew this was the only place the road was taking us.

It's pretty sad when you have a TV show that talks about offing a character across multiple seasons and then it finally starts to come to fruition and you have a group of people that are all but sure something will prevent it from happening.

Of course we don't know what that something is, just that Tig is probably suspicious and will betray the club again now or something because he is weak and he sucks gently caress I hate him

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I haven't liked this show since the crew took a vacation to Ireland but my wife still watches it so here I am. It makes me sad to see a once interesting series just sort of drag its own carcass along as the plots and characters just get stupider and stupider. I feel like the stuff that needed to happen (like Clay being dealt with) didn't due to the writers being unable to actually take a chance and ax a big name.

And watching poo poo go down like their most recent little run-in with white supremacists was just painful. Oh you need this reformed dude's help but don't want to get him and his wife involved? Noooo the nazis will never know about it and you can't just tell us where this place is because he's "off the grid." Just drive in with us in your loving truck and stand at the end of his driveway you'll be good bro we swear. Christ.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So I know that digging through the plot is just going to drive me crazy, but WHY IS JAX KEEPING CLAY ALIVE?

A week ago Jax said that he needed Clay for the Irish... even though the Irish agreed to a deal in the episode before.

Wasn't Jax trying to get SAMCRO out of guns last year, and ultimately decided to set up Clay with the Pope murder because he had enough of Clay's backroom dicking around?

WHY DOES MY HEAD HURT?!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Narcissus1916 posted:

So I know that digging through the plot is just going to drive me crazy, but WHY IS JAX KEEPING CLAY ALIVE?

A week ago Jax said that he needed Clay for the Irish... even though the Irish agreed to a deal in the episode before.

Wasn't Jax trying to get SAMCRO out of guns last year, and ultimately decided to set up Clay with the Pope murder because he had enough of Clay's backroom dicking around?

WHY DOES MY HEAD HURT?!

Bring it to the table, Jax will eventually get to the bottom of it. I think it involves beef. Are the sons going to switch from guns to running illegal cows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Why did they kidnap one of the Nazis, only to kick him out of the truck a half-mile down the road? I'm guessing it's most likely because ~~REASONS~~, but that one really confused me.

This really seems like the last season the way Sutter is killing off people left and right. Filthy Phil :(

• Locked thread