Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I like Goon-kin and Basement Dwarves, but I'm also partial to the idea of Draft Dodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

What's the name of that female coyotle avatar that everyone was being a huge idiot about?

Name it whatever that is.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

I vote Coyotle Ugly as the guild name.

That's pretty generous of you Blinkman987 to throw in some mercenaries for a goon tournament!

This is the only acceptable name so far.

Six Stairs In Your House?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
All of these are based off jokes I don't get except for Basement Dwarves. :saddowns:

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004
Der Hexenbanhammer?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Basement Dwarves and Draft Dodgers both sound great.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Draft Dodgers actually sounds good and could work silly sports stuff into any propaganda we create.

Basement Dwarves sounds like the name of a card shop.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hex-a-goon is way better than any of those names what's wrong with you people.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

Vincent Valentine posted:

What's the name of that female coyotle avatar that everyone was being a huge idiot about?

Name it whatever that is.

She had sadly come down with dysentery and is now in the great art graveyard in the sky.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Blinkman987 posted:

She had sadly come down with dysentery and is now in the great art graveyard in the sky.

High five for that. Glad to see bad art being addressed.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Blinkman987 posted:

Make Coyotle Cholera an expansion card tia

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

So the first of the cards CZE put out to fansites has been revealed, and... wow. This card is obscene - it's going to single-handedly enable artifact decks in the same way that Blessing of the Fallen enables inspire decks. And it's a common.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

pumpinglemma posted:

So the first of the cards CZE put out to fansites has been revealed, and... wow. This card is obscene - it's going to single-handedly enable artifact decks in the same way that Blessing of the Fallen enables inspire decks. And it's a common.

That card is not loving about. I don't know if there are enough artifacts to make it good right now - the dwarf deck was easily the worst of the pre-cons by a large degree.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Whelp, I was already considering making my first deck blue, heavy on artifacts. Now I have no reason to ever look back. Does blue really need even more search power?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Blinkman987 posted:

Awesome. That was the coyotle female mage, right? When we will see her replacement?

cheetah7071 posted:

Hex-a-goon is way better than any of those names what's wrong with you people.

The more I think about it and try to shove other terrible jokes into hex, the more I agree.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All we need is a two mana mana-rock and that dwarf is starting to look a little bit busted.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Pomp posted:

Whelp, I was already considering making my first deck blue, heavy on artifacts. Now I have no reason to ever look back. Does blue really need even more search power?

I thought the only search power blue had before was Peek, Research Librarian and Oracle Song. Peek is a terrible card that no-one should ever play, Oracle Song isn't amazing, and Research Librarian is vulnerable to removal and most powerful in the late game (as opposed to something like Pact of Pain which is amazing throughout). Am I forgetting something?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

pumpinglemma posted:

Oracle Song isn't amazing,

Divination is the best card :colbert:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Not for search, at least compared to things like Pact of Pain. :colbert: (I agree any full-on control deck should have 4 copies, but I suspect most artifact decks will be faster than that.)

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pumpinglemma posted:

I thought the only search power blue had before was Peek, Research Librarian and Oracle Song. Peek is a terrible card that no-one should ever play, Oracle Song isn't amazing, and Research Librarian is vulnerable to removal and most powerful in the late game (as opposed to something like Pact of Pain which is amazing throughout). Am I forgetting something?

I'm bad at TCGs, why is Peek bad?

edit:I didn't remember the part where you never actually drew a card.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Karnegal posted:

That card is not loving about. I don't know if there are enough artifacts to make it good right now - the dwarf deck was easily the worst of the pre-cons by a large degree.

Wait, what? Have we seen the contents of the starter decks already?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, what? Have we seen the contents of the starter decks already?

He means the pre-built decks people were given in GenCon. The dwarf one was pretty bad, but a lot of dwarf-enabling cards have come out since then - Gearsmith, Droo's Unstoppable Walker and Pteradon come to mind - so I'm optimistic about their viability in the game.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Two more fansite card spoilers are out - a Sapphire mill card that doubles as a meaty flier in the mid-late game, and a sort of temporary ramp card for Ruby. Both look pretty sweet and I think they'll have a place in mill and aggro decks respectively.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Oh, some milling goodness! Mmm, I do enjoy a good milling. I wish it read "Every ten cards in opposing graveyards adds +4/+4" and make the cost a bit higher. Still really good! The ruby card is a bit underwhelming but it does look like fun. The flavor text made me chuckle as well.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Mill Decks: Ruining friendships since 1994.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I will never forget the time I participated in a "Type 1 tournament" over a decade ago, and decided to play my personal variation of the biggest "F*ck you archetype" ever conceived : Stasis.

Out of the 6 or 7 matches I played two or three went to time in game 1, where I was stil chipping away with my lone Quirion ranger, returning a Tropical Forest to my hand so I could keep paying for the Stasis Upkeep.
In two other games the opponend raged and left the room. As I had -by far- the slowest deck of the tournament I was Always the last one to arrive at the bar, and as soon as I arrived I saw people scowling and whispering "that's that douchebag with the stasis deck"

I hope Hex won't shy away from denial/land destruction decks like MTG has in the past decade to make it more player friendly. Being an rear end is such a pleasure in a competitive setting like a tournament.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

pumpinglemma posted:

Two more fansite card spoilers are out - a Sapphire mill card that doubles as a meaty flier in the mid-late game, and a sort of temporary ramp card for Ruby. Both look pretty sweet and I think they'll have a place in mill and aggro decks respectively.

I was getting really excited about that blue sapphire flyer until I reread it. Only gets big on opposing graveyards. Oh well.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Evernoob posted:

I hope Hex won't include denial/land destruction decks like MTG has in the past decade.
There, now you have a non-lovely opinion.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Actually, I have a rules question that I'm pretty unsure about.

What is an action? Is it just the cards that specifically say action on them, or does it count troop/artifact summoning as well? What about playing resources?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Just cards that specifically say action, I'm pretty sure.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Go RV! posted:

Actually, I have a rules question that I'm pretty unsure about.

What is an action? Is it just the cards that specifically say action on them, or does it count troop/artifact summoning as well? What about playing resources?

Spells are typed as quick or basic action, and nothing else in the rules calls something (e:else) an action as far as I've seen.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 2, 2013

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Individual cards refer to actions, though - for example, Archmage Wrenlocke makes actions cost 1 less to play.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

pumpinglemma posted:

Dwarf decks suddenly make sense to me!

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

And a bunch more spoilers incoming!

Cloudwatcher
Survival of the Fittest
Wind Whisperer
Chimera
Persecute

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 3, 2013

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
That last one reminds me of a dead baby rabbit. I realize that's not far off from what it actually is, but it's just the right hue.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I think Shin'hare decks just got a lot more interesting. If you hold onto this guy for a bit, he's sure to cause some pain with your spare battle hoppers before he gets murdered. Even better if you have a free sac outlet to level him up.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/reginald-lancashire-exclusive-reveal/

Tamba fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 3, 2013

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

That text is amazing. I am reminded of Mark Rosewater being disappointed that he couldn't put 'destroy target player' on Door to Nothingness.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

That card is just hilarious. I guess now people have a reason to run Omen of Oblivion on their sideboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
That card is going to own in mill decks. :getin:

• Locked thread