Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's not just that, it's that the characters are actually well written and treated given interesting characteristics. Like all the characters are still their Scooby Doo selves but they actually put a few more dimensions on top of the typical one that the gang usually have. I like the characters in this Scooby Doo while in every other incarnation it was pretty much impossible to give a crap about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Dammit, Canadian Netflix needs to hurry up and get the good stuff!

Though, I am enjoying G.I. Joe: Renegades.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

axleblaze posted:

That series is really weird to me because it's Scooby Doo yet I enjoy it, which is a sensation I am not used to experiencing (though, in fairness, I remember A Pup Named Scooby-Doo being better than it had any right to be, though it was still not a show I'd call good).
The DTV movies were pretty good at first, Zombie Island was legit scary at times. Also the witch one with Tim Curry as Stephen Lovecraft knockoff was great too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For anyone interested they announced a new Sonic CGI cartoon scheduled to air on Cartoon Network next fall. Here's the teaser image from the article:

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
Well that will be interesting, Sonic has a... storied history with cartoons.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It looks like they're going to break more from Sega's standard character models than Sonic X did. Look at that Knuckles! I don't particularly recall Cartoon Network having much of a history with CGI either, so I guess this is treading new ground for them too.

There's no telling how this will turn out, but for now I'm optimistic.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Knuckles looks weird and Sonic looks like he's probably full of attitude. Why do they keep making Sonic cartoons? None of them ever live up to the badass 90's one. I can still sing the theme song in its entirety.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

El Tortuga posted:

Knuckles looks weird and Sonic looks like he's probably full of attitude. Why do they keep making Sonic cartoons? None of them ever live up to the badass 90's one. I can still sing the theme song in its entirety.

I can swing this one in its entirety but it's also terrible so I don't know how much that helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsc9C3jK2E

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I can swing this one in its entirety but it's also terrible so I don't know how much that helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsc9C3jK2E

That cartoon was horrible but the themesong was rocking in a stupid Christian rock sort of way.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I like Knuckles silhouette, Sonic seems a bit too buff for a runner. I really like Tails' and Amy's silhouette for some reason.
Color me intrigued, if not cautious.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

I like Knuckles silhouette, Sonic seems a bit too buff for a runner. I really like Tails' and Amy's silhouette for some reason.
Color me intrigued, if not cautious.

I'd guess it's a heavy jacket or something.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

That cartoon was horrible but the themesong was rocking in a stupid Christian rock sort of way.

That guy sang about the lineage of hedgehog royalty with more passion than anybody in history.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
If Jaleel White isn't Sonic's voice then they done hosed up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gaunab posted:

If Jaleel White isn't Sonic's voice then they done hosed up.

Jaleel White provided the voice of Sonic in that recent lovely fan movie, and he just doesn't have it anymore to be honest.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
God Jaleel must have hated doing that again.

"God I thought I was done with this when they made me voice a girl :argh:"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

God Jaleel must have hated doing that again.

"God I thought I was done with this when they made me voice a girl :argh:"

I don't think he gets work regularly enough to be choosy.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

raditts posted:

I don't think he gets work regularly enough to be choosy.

I thought he was mostly done with acting except bit roles in reality shows and stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

I thought he was mostly done with acting except bit roles in reality shows and stuff.

IIRC from a semi-recent interview he's got quite a bit of money from his Urkel days. Although he did say he regretted playing Urkel for so long, since he had to basically maintain a completely wimpy body, which he wasn't happy with as a teenager.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

IIRC from a semi-recent interview he's got quite a bit of money from his Urkel days. Although he did say he regretted playing Urkel for so long, since he had to basically maintain a completely wimpy body, which he wasn't happy with as a teenager.

Yeah he gets pretty decent royalties I thought.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yeah he gets pretty decent royalties I thought.

Royalties from what? I've never seen Family Matters in syndication. Although I have no doubt it exists.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

Royalties from what? I've never seen Family Matters in syndication. Although I have no doubt it exists.

What, It's still syndicated on Nick and TBS had it for a looooooooooooong time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neo Helbeast posted:

What, It's still syndicated on Nick and TBS had it for a looooooooooooong time.

Figures, two channels I never / almost never watch.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I don't understand why people keep pining for Jaleel White when Sonic's current voice actor is Ezio Auditore.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Wow they're taking another crack at a Sonic cartoon? The OVA came pretty close, but there's never been a Sonic show that got it right. After that disastrous fan film I'm thinking that a Sonic cartoon is just something that can't be done.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Reboot's coming back: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/03/reboot-cartoon-back-sequel-tv-show_n_4035942.html

Now excuse me while I go around running in circles and screaming.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm feeling pretty positive about the upcoming Sonic cartoon. True, Sonic never quite made the transition to TV series and a lot of signs point towards mediocrity, but if I learnt anything from shows such as Mystery Inc, Teen Titans GO and – in all fairness – Friendship is Magic, it's that every show deserves a chance. Who knows, it might be good!
All I know is that I like that they felt confident enough to mix up the character designs. If there's something I like, it's redesigned Sonic characters.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Neo Helbeast posted:

Reboot's coming back: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/03/reboot-cartoon-back-sequel-tv-show_n_4035942.html

This is neat but with Tony Jay dead it'll never be the same :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

There was a TON of Urkel merchandise back in the day.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Considering how many times that company has said they're making more Reboot this falls into "wait until the episodes actually air" territory.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Toonzone posted some info on steven Universe.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

thelaughingman posted:

I didn't realize it was also created by Ianj. That's pretty cool. He sure has come a long way since RPG World.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

axleblaze posted:

I didn't realize it was also created by Ianj. That's pretty cool. He sure has come a long way since RPG World.

I hope he's come a long way since Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Is there any idea when Xiaolin Chronicles is premiering in the UK? I'd heard that it was supposed to be the 7th or the 10th of October, but I can't find any info on the schedules for Disney XD or Cartoon Network. Which channel will it be on and when will it start?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

thelaughingman posted:

Oh, cool, they're throwing Uncle Grandpa to a new night. I was worried CN would miss the obvious pairing with Adventure Time. (Granted they kind of did -- swap it with Regular Show and you have a perfect lineup -- but it's good enough.)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So after some goading a friend of mine pushed me into watching The Amazing world of Gumball, initially I saw one of the first episodes of the first season a long time ago but hated it and never watched it again.

Boy, oh boy am I glad I gave this show a second look. It's silly, it's wacky, but it's so smart and snappy and the stories and writing are super entertaining and top notch and found myself laughing hysterically. The animation in some episodes is mind blowing, it's a goddamn miracle they've managed to mix all of these styles and techniques into one cohesive show and the quality of this show is astounding, there are some episodes that I wouldnt be surprised that took a movie budget to make, absolutely fantastic show with super fun and entertaining stories and characters. it's a 'kids show' but holy god drat is it smart, snappy and fun as heck to watch even as an adult.

how the gently caress they managed to mix flash,stop motion, 3d, real life, and every other form of animation into one show and make it cohesive and believable is just so amazing to see.

love it.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 13, 2013

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I love Gumball--as you said, the writing is snappy and smart, and the mixed media style is fun and intriguing. With all the references to old technologies and old memes, I'm surprised it's not more popular with adults!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Gumball is a show that has definitely gotten progressively better as it's gone on. It started pretty typically with just it's weird style but they've had some truly great, weird episodes.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

he opening title for steven universe looks amazing.

Edit:

A little more:
http://youtu.be/hmCVSH_APtc
http://youtu.be/VUf1oFxpLBQ

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 28, 2013

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Watched the S2 premier of TMNT on Hulu on a whim, it's pretty good. I laughed at "butt cannons?!" and the Dramatic Chipmunk at the end.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Is there any idea when Xiaolin Chronicles is premiering in the UK? I'd heard that it was supposed to be the 7th or the 10th of October, but I can't find any info on the schedules for Disney XD or Cartoon Network. Which channel will it be on and when will it start?
The Facebook page has "US: Disney XD on August 26, 2013; France: Canal J 10/2013; Asia: CN 01/2014; UK: CN 02/2014; CEE: CN 03/2014; Latin Amer: CN 03/2014; Nordic: CN 04/2014" under release date and "Gulli & Canal J (France), Cartoon Network (Selected European Territories, Latin America, Asia)" for network. :shrug: I really wish Disney XD was putting the episodes online but I guess not.

By the way, Cyberchase starts up again after a three year hiatus with season 9 tomorrow. :getin: Check local listings. They've also said on twitter and facebook that they'll be uploading the episodes to the website and PBS Kids app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Steven Universe is starting right now.