Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh god, this looks awesome. Too bad it's written by "I'm so witty indulge my stupid writing" Apollodown. He spends more time bitching at the people who think his writing style is loving stupid than he actually does explaining the mod.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43241//

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

futile posted:

The mod doesn't touch the game's leveled lists. It uses its own custom items and runs scripts that detect enemies in the area or in combat or whatever then adds the custom items to those enemies. The armors are all vanilla based, the enchantment are mostly vanilla with a couple of custom ones.

OK, thanks.

Any opinions on GELO? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32991/

Burns
May 10, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh god, this looks awesome. Too bad it's written by "I'm so witty indulge my stupid writing" Apollodown. He spends more time bitching at the people who think his writing style is loving stupid than he actually does explaining the mod.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Also has anyone encountered any mods that dont pause time when accessing inventory/merchants?? To clarify: im looking for a mod that allows time to continue while in the inventory menu and when buying and selling. Sort of like when smithing and enchanting I guess. Basically I wanna read books and have time still continue :)

Burns fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 2, 2013

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Arcsquad12 posted:

First impressions without actually installing it, suggest script heavy = crash heavy, if you have any respectable # of mods.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008
Speaking of crash-heavy, I've got about the same number of mods installed as always (maybe a few more), and I'm suddenly getting intermittent crashes frequently. There's rarely anything in common that I can detect, except it occasionally crashes when I mouse-over an item in the menu. I assume it's dying when it tries to load the object because it never shows the preview before locking up. Other than that, it bombs in odd places. Sometimes there are a ton of enemies around and effects going. Sometimes I'm all alone in the room. Sometimes it happens when I transition areas. Occasionally, it'll get to the point of auto-saving and the music changes, but the screen stays black forever. I've been removing mods that I can pull out safely, done health checks on the drives, putzed with my graphics card. All I can think is maybe a bad stick of RAM, or a really odd and obscure problem with a mod or between a couple of mods.

quote:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
JSwords.esm
SPERG.esm
SPIKE.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Immersive Battles.esp
Immersive Brigands.esp
Immersive Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Dragonborn.esp
Immersive Factions.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Patrols.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
Immersive Werewolves.esp
SkyUI.esp
AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
Cloaks.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
UniqueBows.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Wyrmstooth.esp
LongerCraftingDurations.esp
dD - Easy Lift Bodies and Objects.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Skyrim Perk Enhancements.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG-DG.esp
SPERG-DB.esp
SPERG Dawnguard Patch.esp
SPERG Dragonborn Patch.esp
StavesofSkyrim.esp
3DNPC.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Excellent - The Racials Package.esp
Purewaters.esp
PurewatersDB.esp
OMageStandalonePack.esp
dragonaspectredone.esp
Soulfire.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
FloraRespawnFix.esp
FloraRespawnFixDB.esp
FloraRespawnFixDG.esp
FloraRespawnFixHF.esp

Every time I think I've found the culprit, it crashes a few minutes later. I'm going to run a memory test, but does anybody see anything obvious in my mod-list or load order? I let BOSS set the load order, and all the modules are cleaned.

One specific thing that I've wondered about is that I didn't realize FloraRespawn had patches for the DLC. I should have, but with Nexus hiding things behind their NMM links, it just didn't occur to me. I didn't realize there was a problem with it until I tried to build Heljarchen Hall, and it wouldn't appear. I reverted to an earlier save, installed them, and Heljarchen worked fine. I just don't remember if the game was crashing so much before I did that. I can't think why the extra scripts would interfere, especially since the only DLC I'd touched up to that point was Hearthfire. Excepting random vampire attacks, that is.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Right off the bat, you're running duplicate versions of SPERG. You should only have Skyrim Perk Enhancements.esp or SPERG.esp, and the appropriate DLC patches for your version. Dunno if that's the problem, but the inventory crash is common, at least on these forums.

Edit: Assuming you want version 4.0 of SPERG, then you only need SPERG.esp, SPERG-DB.esp, and SPERG-BG.esp.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 3, 2013

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Is Open Cities Skyrim that prone to crashes or I'm just unlucky?

Burns
May 10, 2008

SPERG stands out. What is LongerCraftingDurations.esp? Sounds like its something that SPERG might affect as well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HardDisk posted:

Is Open Cities Skyrim that prone to crashes or I'm just unlucky?

Pretty sure it's not fully updated for the latest patch or something.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

epitasis posted:

Pretty sure it's not fully updated for the latest patch or something.

That could be it. I was getting crashes only a short time after installing, but I can't say I've kept up with updates.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Arthmoor has officially discontinued Open Cities Skyrim. Not because of the gates, but because patch 1.9 introduced a ton of unfixable errors to OCS. So he just gave up on it.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
So SPERG sounds great on paper, but how does it seem to work out in practice for people? Does it work well with gameplay mods like Duel Combat and Path of Shadows? Does the perk every other level still allow you to heavily invest in 4-5 trees? How does it affect leveling speed overall? I ask that in particular because I've found most of my playthroughs only make it to the mid 30s and I was thinking about changing the skill rates in the Uncapper so that I could actually enjoy some of the higher level content.

Now if only I can convince myself to give up ACE Combat's Light/Long bow system...

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Viperix posted:

So SPERG sounds great on paper, but how does it seem to work out in practice for people? Does it work well with gameplay mods like Duel Combat and Path of Shadows? Does the perk every other level still allow you to heavily invest in 4-5 trees? How does it affect leveling speed overall? I ask that in particular because I've found most of my playthroughs only make it to the mid 30s and I was thinking about changing the skill rates in the Uncapper so that I could actually enjoy some of the higher level content.

I had some trouble getting Path of Shadows to work with it, but I could've just been doing stuff wrong.
There are no more "+10% damage, rank 1/5" point sinks taking away your fun, there is an automatic set of perks you get just for reaching the skill rank milestones and you can respec yourself at will. You can experiment a lot more.
I feel like the skills are going up faster all over the board.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm not really thrilled with the animations in the game anymore. I'd like to change it up a bit, and I'm wondering what some good options are. There's so much out there that separating the good from the bad is tough.

I was looking at this : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34950

The youtube videos seem really well done and fix some of the more annoying issues out there (Shields clipping through heads being a big one for me). I'm just wondering if there's others as well. Lately I've been playing some Overlord, I love those games and I like the animations in them.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

khy posted:

I'm not really thrilled with the animations in the game anymore. I'd like to change it up a bit, and I'm wondering what some good options are. There's so much out there that separating the good from the bad is tough.

I was looking at this : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34950

The youtube videos seem really well done and fix some of the more annoying issues out there (Shields clipping through heads being a big one for me). I'm just wondering if there's others as well. Lately I've been playing some Overlord, I love those games and I like the animations in them.

I got Immersive Animations, which seems to be decent. Though I did end up falling down the rabbit hole of recommendations and requirements and ended up having to get like FNIS, XP32, Realistic Force and Dual Sheath Redux also. I like them for the most part, but the 3rd person torch carry is now down by the waist instead of held up high and I have not figured out yet how to fix it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

graynull posted:

I like them for the most part, but the 3rd person torch carry is now down by the waist instead of held up high and I have not figured out yet how to fix it.
Generating new behaviour files with FNIS ought to fix that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Arcsquad12 posted:

Christ do I hate that gently caress's stupid goddamn description pages. CWO and DCO seem to be worth it, though.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008
Huh, don't know how I missed SPERG, or how the old version got into this profile. Must have moved stuff over and done an overwrite without realizing it. I may have to start over after that. The uninstall for version 3.x doesn't work well after having to fight version 4, and just pulling version 3 out of the mix doesn't seem like it'd be safe. Maybe I'll get lucky, though.

LongerCraftingDurations.esp is a small mod that increases the duration of crafting potions to several minutes, instead of the default 30 seconds, or whatever it was. I've had it running on top of SPERG in other profiles without any difficulty. I could probably get rid of it, and go with whatever SPERG does. I've never checked to see if the increase from the perk is 10% or 20x, and I end up just leaving that mod in so I don't have to craft 20 potions to enchant my kit.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Hey, I really love Skyrim and it occurred to me that now that I have an actual desktop PC that seems good enough to run modern games, maybe I could get Skyrim for it and play with some mods! I'm mostly interested in new quests and locations, so I'm glad there's a section in the OP that highlights some good quests. I'm pretty happy with the combat and whatever, what I most want is for the landscape to be interesting again when I wander around it, new tasks show up to do, etc. I love just plonking down for a few hours every couple of weeks to wander around the Rift or something, but I've done everything in the game a few times over by now.

I'm totally inexperienced with modding and stuff though, so I know it's going to take me a lot of time to get everything set up and working. I guess what I'm asking is, would all that (and re-buying skyrim and some dlc on steam) be worth what the new quests/locations mods offer?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that replaces Imperial armor with something more real life roman? Anything that replaces Stormcloak armor with like germanic armor or whatever? How about a suit of knight like armor with a bucket helmet? Kinda like the vanilla guard helmets but more cylindrical and bucket looking? Nothing super heavy and plate-like.

Like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://libarynth.org/_media/crusader1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://libarynth.org/historic_armor&h=300&w=341&sz=44&tbnid=4lBDkoxJ01L_2M:&tbnh=70&tbnw=80&zoom=1&usg=__1yxnco7xNh7a-L5KO9RbQbOh3n0=&docid=L0H9y0B4K1e4pM&hl=en-US&sa=X&ei=oKhNUsrHArHtiQKwhoDgAQ&ved=0CDoQ9QEwBA

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 3, 2013

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
How do I set a companion's residence with the EFF beta (the one with the companion wheel)? I can't find it in the "More" subsection.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

skoolmunkee posted:

Hey, I really love Skyrim and it occurred to me that now that I have an actual desktop PC that seems good enough to run modern games, maybe I could get Skyrim for it and play with some mods! I'm mostly interested in new quests and locations, so I'm glad there's a section in the OP that highlights some good quests. I'm pretty happy with the combat and whatever, what I most want is for the landscape to be interesting again when I wander around it, new tasks show up to do, etc. I love just plonking down for a few hours every couple of weeks to wander around the Rift or something, but I've done everything in the game a few times over by now.

I'm totally inexperienced with modding and stuff though, so I know it's going to take me a lot of time to get everything set up and working. I guess what I'm asking is, would all that (and re-buying skyrim and some dlc on steam) be worth what the new quests/locations mods offer?

If you like Skyrim that much, and your PC can run it, then mods are a lot of fun and would absolutely make it worth a rebuy, especially if you can get it during a sale. Some of the mods in the OP add Solstheim-quality content, but I will note that usually the quest and location mods don't add stuff dotted around the landscape (because randomly altering a bunch of cells increases the chances of conflict with other mods), but instead add quest lines more similar to, say, the Companions' Guild or Mages' College quest lines. You won't blunder into new dungeons by accident, but you will have lots to do if you go after it. Apart from quest mods though, there are things like spell packs, (get Apocalypse, it's incredible), monster mods, and item mods that will make you constantly be running into new spells, creatures, and equipment, even when you're exploring vanilla dungeons, that can make the old areas feel fresh.

As for learning how to apply mods, it's a lot easier than in the Morrowind days. The Nexus Mod Manager is a super useful program that lets you browse, download, and automatically install mods, no chance of accidentally putting files in the wrong folders. Mod Organizer is the goon-developed alternative to the Nexus Mod Manager, and while it's more powerful it's also less user-friendly. The Nexus Mod Manager vs. Mod Organizer debate is ongoing, but in my opinion if you don't want to do anything complicated like maintain different suites of mods for different save files, then the Nexus Mod Manager is all you need.

The only other thing you need to know is that most of the more impressive mods require a little program called Skyrim Script Extender (usually called skse), which is just a few files that you drop into your Skyrim install folder, (steam/steamapps/common/skyrim) and when you want to play your game, you run the skse.exe instead of launching the game through Steam.

This thread is also the running tech support for mod installation questions, so ask here if things are confusing.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Alasyre posted:

How do I set a companion's residence with the EFF beta (the one with the companion wheel)? I can't find it in the "More" subsection.

I couldn't, either. I ended up switching to the classic menu because of that (well, that and the fact that I hated using the wheel menu in general).

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

Yeah, mods make it worth the cost.

I agree with Mzbundifund, if you really just want to jump in and play with some mods and have no experience with Skyrim modding, then use Nexus Mod Manager for now. Try to learn as much as you go, and down the road make some time to learn about Mod Organizer, because it's a great program. NMM never gave me any trouble, but I'm an MO convert these days. Granted, my first time using MO was an earlier version that was less than user friendly, but it's come a long way.

Most folks suggest a near Vanilla run before you start adding a ton of mods, but SkyUI is considered a must-have even if you're running minimal mods. I would also suggest SPERG, but you really need to get a feel for the Vanilla perks first so you know how good SPERG really is.

Jabarto posted:

I couldn't, either. I ended up switching to the classic menu because of that (well, that and the fact that I hated using the wheel menu in general).

Yeah, that's a good workaround until it's fixed. I'll do that. Thanks.

futile
May 18, 2009
I believe you can set the residence on the new EFF beta menu with command->more->sandbox->set

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that replaces Imperial armor with something more real life roman? Anything that replaces Stormcloak armor with like germanic armor or whatever? How about a suit of knight like armor with a bucket helmet? Kinda like the vanilla guard helmets but more cylindrical and bucket looking? Nothing super heavy and plate-like.

Like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ved=0CDoQ9QEwBA

I don't know about the Stormcloak and knight armors, but Perfect Legionnaire is pretty good for Roman-style armor.

I'm playing through Falskaar right now, just finished the main quest and am doing sidequests now. I thought the main quest was okay, but a bit underwhelming considering how everyone's been raving about it. Jarl Agnar's voice acting was a big problem. Agnar actually had some good lines that were unfortunately undermined by the voice actor's monotone performance. The big battle at the end wasn't spectacular, but that's probably more due to engine limitations than anything else. However, the ending was extremely anticlimactic. The final boss fight was absolutely trivial for me, though this might be because I'm a high-level mage using Apocalypse and Better Magic, so I was able to telekinetically lift him into the air and slam him to the ground, then kill him with two dual-cast Incinerates without taking any damage myself. It might be more of a challenge for a standard fighter. Then after he runs off to the Heart, the dragon shows up out of nowhere and that's it. No explanation, no dialogue about it, just the ending montage.

I'm also really not liking the tomb dungeons. I just did the quest for the bard in Amber Creek, and that dungeon was an incredible slog. Nothing but high-level draugr that all take tremendous amounts of damage even with my high-level destruction spells. Maybe I'm just not making the best use of the Apocalypse spells?

In any case, it looks like there's still a lot of Falskaar left to check out. Maybe it'll get better for me.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I'm having a rather odd issue that I can't figure out. My FPS is mostly stable at about 35 running ENB, 60+ with ENB off. However, on occasion it drops down to 1. Generally this occurs around towns, particularly looking somewhat towards guards. I had immersive patrols on for a bit (on a different savefile) and this slowdown would occur whenever I saw a patrol. It doesn't seem to occur fighting bandits / wolves / random stuff. I've disabled and re-enabled most things that I think could be causing it, but to no avail.

A CSV export from modorganizer:

mod_id,mod_installed_name,mod_version,file_installed_name
4929,"A Quality World Map","8.0.0","0"
9557,"Alternate Start - Live Another Life","2.3.3","Alternate Start - Live Another Life-9557-2-3-3.7z"
15524,"Amazing Follower Tweaks","1.66.0","AmazingFollowerTweaks_1_66-15524-1-66.7z"
24909,"aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Armors","1.9.0","aMidianBorn book of silence_ARMORS-24909-1-9.7z"
24909,"aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Creatures","1.9.0","aMidianBorn book of silence_Creatures-24909-1-9.7z"
24909,"aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Dragonborn DLC","1.9.0","aMidianBorn book of silence_DRAGONBORN DLC-24909-1-9.7z"
24909,"aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Unique Items","1.9.0","aMidianBorn book of silence_UNIQUE ITEMS-24909-1-9.7z"
24909,"aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Weapons","1.9.0","aMidianBorn book of silence_WEAPONS-24909-1-9.7z"
4307,"AOF Believable Hair","1.3.3","AOF Believable Hair- FOMOD installer-4307-1.zip"
10168,"ApachiiSkyHair","1.5.0.Full","ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_5_Full-10168-1-5-Full.7z"
16225,"Apocalypse Spell Package","4.0.0","Apocalypse v400-16225-4-00.zip"
27028,"ARMONIZER Armors Pack","2.3.0","ARMONIZER - Armor Pack v23-27028-2-3.rar"
27443,"Better Torches","1.1.0","Better Torches 1-1-27443-1-1.7z"
24020,"Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource","1.0.0","Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition-24020-1-0.7z"
5084,"Bryce Nebula - Skyrim galaxy replacer","1.0.0","Bryce Nebula - Cerulean-5084.rar"
25790,"Convenient Crossbows","1.0.1","ConvenientCrossbows1001-25790-1-00-1.zip"
14950,"Convenient Horses","4.8.0","Convenient Horses v4_8-14950-4-8.zip"
24941,"Dragonbone Ebonsteel Armor","2.0.0b","Dragonbone Ebonsteel Armor 2-0b-24941-2-0b.7z"
34155,"Dual Sheath Redux","1.6.0b","Dual Sheath Redux-34155-1-6b.7z"
14915,"Dual Wield Blocking Animations","1.0.0","Dual Wield Blocking Animations-14915-1-0.zip"
9247,"Dual Wield Parrying","2.52.0","00 Dual Wield Parrying SKSE 2_52-9247-2-52.zip"
32448,"Dynamic Things - Woodpiles and Barrels and More Oh My","1.40.0","Dynamic Things-32448-1-40.rar"
12951,"Enhanced Character Edit","1.1.0","Enhanced Character Edit-12951-1-1.7z"
31268,"Flora Respawn Fix","1.0.0","Flora Respawn Fix-31268-1-0.zip"
11811,"FNIS Idle Spells V3 5 -- ADD-ON for the spells","3.5.0","FNIS Idle Spells V3_5 -- ADD-ON for the spells -11811-3-5.7z"
11811,"Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS","3.5.0","FNIS Behavior V3_5 -- ALWAYS necessary-11811-3-5.7z"
23390,"Guard Dialogue Overhaul","1.301.0","Guard Dialogue Overhaul-23390-1-301.7z"
21120,"Heavy Armory - New Weapons","2.4.0b","Heavy Armory V2_4B Dragonborn version-21120-2-4B.7z"
34950,"Immersive Animations","2.1.0","Immersive Animations - NMM Installer - Complete Pack-34950-V2-1.rar"
19733,"Immersive Armors","6.0.0","IA v6 BETA 2-19733-6-BETA-2.7z"
27644,"Immersive Weapons","1.5.0","Immersive Weapons-27644-1-5.7z"
42716,"Insanitys Daedric Sword","1.0.0","Insanitys Daedric Sword-42716-1-0.7z"
35854,"Insanitys Dwemer Weapons","1.1.0a","Insanitys Dwemer Weapons-35854-1-1a.7z"
37645,"Insanitys Ebony Sword Replacer","1.1.0","Insanitys Ebony Sword Replacer-37645-1-1.7z"
31002,"Insanitys Shields","1.1.0","Insanitys Shields v1dot1-31002-1-1.7z"
5727,"Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection","4.0.0","LOTR Weapons by Isilmeriel V4-5727-4.rar"
219,"KenMOD - Lockpick Pro - Cheat","3.0.0","Lockpick Pro v3-219-3.zip"
43169,"Kitiara - Standalone Follower - Custom Voiced","1.0.0","Kitiara - Standalone Follower - Custom Voiced-43169-1-0.7z"
18916,"Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One","2.5.0","Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - MCM Special Edition-18916-2-5.rar"
26662,"Lanterns of Skyrim - All in One - Dawnguard Patch","1.1.0","Lanterns of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard v1_1-26662-v1-1.7z"
12689,"MECRs Classic Nord Shields","2.50.0","MECRs Classic Nord Shields V 250-12689-2-50.7z"
42356,"Passive Weapon Enchantment Recharging","1.2.1","Passive Weapon Enchantment Recharging-42356-1-2-1.7z"
39799,"prod80's CoT Weather Patch - Fog Rain Overcast","3.0.0","Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch-39799-3-0-0.rar"
20781,"Project ENB","d2013.10.2","Project ENB Data folder for Climates Of Tamriel UPDATE 2-20781-.zip"
20781,"Project ENB-DynamicShadows","d2013.10.2","More Dynamic Shadows and Striping Fixed - by PuuLoo-20781-.zip"
17802,"Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3","3.1.0","Climates Of Tamriel - V3-1-17802-3-1.zip"
30450,"Realistic Lighting Overhaul","4.0.7c","Realistic Lighting Overhaul 4_0_7c NMM-BAINWizard Installer-30450-4-0-7c.7z"
601,"Realistic Ragdolls and Force","1.9.0","Realistic Force-601-1-9.rar"
13466,"RIS - Real Ice and Snow","1.3.0","RIS_Bright_Snow_v1_3-13466-1-3.7z"
23906,"Run For Your Lives","1.2.2","Run For Your Lives-23906-1-2-2.7z"
26344,"Skyforge Shields","2.0.0b","Skyforge Shields 2-0b-26344-2-0b.7z"
36815,"Skyforge Weapons","1.0.0c","Skyforge Weapons 1_0c-36815-1-0c.7z"
1175,"Skyrim -Community- Uncapper","1.15.1.1","Skyrim -Community- Uncapper v1_15_1_1-1175-1-15-1-1.rar"
20781,"Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB UPDATED","d2013.10.2","Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB UPDATED-20781-.zip"
3863,"SkyUI","4.1.0","0"
24445,"SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay","4.0.0","SPERG 4 0-24445-4-0.7z"
26359,"The Choice is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests - Improved Dialogue Options","1.3.0","The Choice is Yours - main file-26359-1-3.zip"
14157,"Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf","1.5.0","Thieves Guild Requirements-14157-1-5.zip"
38151,"Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control","1.3.0","Timing is Everything-38151-1-3.zip"
12234,"Uncle Sheogorath","1.0.0","Uncle Sheogorath-12234-1-0.zip"
33292,"Unique Uniques","1.5.0a","Unique Uniques 1_5a-33292-1-5a.7z"
23491,"Unofficial Dawnguard Patch","1.2.4","Unofficial Dawnguard Patch-23491-1-2-4.7z"
31083,"Unofficial Dragonborn Patch","1.0.5","Unofficial Dragonborn Patch-31083-1-0-5.7z"
25127,"Unofficial Hearthfire Patch","1.1.2","Unofficial Hearthfire Patch-25127-1-1-2.7z"
31255,"Unofficial High Resolution Patch","1.1.2","Unofficial High Resolution Patch-31255-1-1-2.7z"
19,"Unofficial Skyrim Patch","1.3.3c","Unofficial Skyrim Patch-19-1-3-3c.7z"
13268,"W.A.T.E.R. - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux","1.85.0","WATER 1_85-13268-1-85.7z"
24015,"WEAPONIZER Weapons Set","3.2.0","Weaponizer v32-24015-3-2.rar"
34093,"Weapons and Armor Fixes - Remade with Dawnguard and Dragonborn support","3.1.0","Weapons and Armor Fixes - COMPLETE-34093-3-1.zip"
28235,"When Vampires Attack","1.0.3","When Vampires Attack-28235-1-0-3.7z"
2356,"XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement","1.13.0","XCE-1_13-2356-1-13.7z"
26800,"XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS","1.81.0","XPMS 1-81 NMM-BAIN Installer-26800-1-81.7z"

futile
May 18, 2009
Try raising videomemorysizemb in your enblocal.ini

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Praetorian Mage posted:

I don't know about the Stormcloak and knight armors, but Perfect Legionnaire is pretty good for Roman-style armor.

Thanks for the link, dude that look's pretty sweet.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

futile posted:

Try raising videomemorysizemb in your enblocal.ini

Thanks. I don't know if that completely fixed it, but it sure helped a lot.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Upmarket Mango posted:

Like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ved=0CDoQ9QEwBA

There's this for super authentic romans http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32988/ . It also gives the stormcloaks some germanic/celt equipment from the same era.

Also, this project aims to overhaul the two factions http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/798555-credo-wip/ . Mostly with assets from The Witcher.
Still far from being released though.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008
On my problem, I think it was actually "Better Dialogue Controls". I started a brand new profile with a handful of mods that I've never had any trouble with, and started reintroducing the newer ones. Without Better Dialogue Controls, I was able to run around for about 3 hours, doing quests, using shops, talking to random people, etc. with nary a hitch but occasional flickering. With that mod, I ran from a save point near Saarthal to the College of Winterhold, which took maybe 5 minutes with fights, and then the game crashed to desktop when I spoke to Faralda. I took it out and ran around for a while with no trouble, then put Better Dialogue Controls back in. After several minutes, the game crashed again when a random bandit I was fighting tried to taunt me. Taking it back out, and following the same path, I got past the point of the crash and then continued playing for another half and hour or so.

All that mod is supposed to do is make the janky dialogue choices work a little better, e.g., so you don't highlight option 3, click on it, and the game acts like you picked option 1. I don't know exactly how it's supposed to accomplish that, but it seems like it has a lot of undesirable side effects in my game. It's kind of weird because it's highly recommended and there aren't a lot of complaints about issues with it. As far as I know, it's just one small swf file. Maybe it's somehow running afoul of Mod Organizer's directory limitations; I don't know.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Praetorian Mage posted:

I'm playing through Falskaar right now, just finished the main quest and am doing sidequests now. I thought the main quest was okay, but a bit underwhelming considering how everyone's been raving about it. Jarl Agnar's voice acting was a big problem. Agnar actually had some good lines that were unfortunately undermined by the voice actor's monotone performance. The big battle at the end wasn't spectacular, but that's probably more due to engine limitations than anything else. However, the ending was extremely anticlimactic. The final boss fight was absolutely trivial for me, though this might be because I'm a high-level mage using Apocalypse and Better Magic, so I was able to telekinetically lift him into the air and slam him to the ground, then kill him with two dual-cast Incinerates without taking any damage myself. It might be more of a challenge for a standard fighter. Then after he runs off to the Heart, the dragon shows up out of nowhere and that's it. No explanation, no dialogue about it, just the ending montage.
Agnar was intensely annoying. Took everything in my power not to skip his dialogue. I quite liked the monk's voice actor, though he occasionally had some microphone issues.

End battle was very easy for my unmodded two handed bash everything orc. I think I lost maybe a quarter of my health. And yeah, that ending was laughably abrupt.

All said and done, I feel like the mod came fairly close in quality to any of the official dlc. Certainly impressive for one guy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Does anyone know what could be causing my map screen to take ages to load? Sometimes opening up the map menu and leaving it up for 10-30 seconds is the only way to fix those stupid infinite loading screen bugs and if I can't even open that poo poo up there's no point in even playing anymore.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Scyantific, is it possible to get the updated new beta unofficial skyrim patch somewhere??

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Burns posted:

Scyantific, is it possible to get the updated new beta unofficial skyrim patch somewhere??

Your best bet would be to check this thread for announcements. If anything goes up today, it'll be posted in that thread.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So I just updated a bunch of mods, and now skyrim CTDs at the main menu. Probably a missing master file, but I can't FIND a missing master file. I use Mod Organizer and Wrye Bash (Bash mainly for creating a bashed patch, though). Mod Organizer doesn't show any problems at all. Wrye Bash shows an error with SPERG that I don't fully understand.

When I mouseover SPERG.esp, it says "Masters have been re-ordered. Active in load list."

Looking at the masters, it SEEMS like SPERG.esp wants me to load SPERG.esm before Update.esm, which seems really odd. Here's a screenshot showing what I mean.

Anyone know what is going on here?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Are there any mods that add new staves/staffs besides Staves of Skyrim? That mod looks good as far as the new equipment but I'm not trying to mess with their shield staffs or a hotkey item in my inventory, etc.

futile
May 18, 2009
The SPERG masters out of order is a small thing which the author said he'll fix next patch, but shouldn't cause crashes. You can fix it yourself by re-ordering the masters to how they should be in Wrye Bash and it shouldn't cause any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

khy posted:

So I just updated a bunch of mods, and now skyrim CTDs at the main menu. Probably a missing master file, but I can't FIND a missing master file.
Another cause for a CTD at startup are missing string files. So check that next if you're sure there are no missing or inactive master files.
If you can't find any missing string files, have TES5Edit process your loadorder and see if the "Localized IsPerch AddonLODOBject...etc" flag is checked under File Header -> Record Flags in any of your mods (ignore the the officual plugins, these are supposed to have that flag. If a mod has that flag checked and the auther supplied no string file, uncheck it in TES5Edit.

If you have plugins generated by Skyproc patchers, check those plugins' Record Flags first. For some reason ASIS's skyproc patcher decided to check that flag for no reason on my setup.

khy posted:

Looking at the masters, it SEEMS like SPERG.esp wants me to load SPERG.esm before Update.esm, which seems really odd.
SPERG.esp's file header lists it's masters in a different order then how those plugins are ordered in your loadorder. This can happen quite easily when you create or edit a plugin in the Creation Kit.

As far as I know this is harmless. At least I've never experienced any problems caused by this and I've only heard vague statements about how it can cause problems, but never any specifics.
If it bothers you can load the plugin TES5Edit and use the "Sort Masters" function to reorder the masters properly.

• Locked thread