Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lunethex posted:

You could import it from play-asia, but can you show a picture of the two different sales?
No, on the PSN I mean.

edit: holy duuh, one of them say "PS Vita" right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

e;fb

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Jibo posted:

7XL adds a handful of new stages that weren't represented in the story modes in 7 or are remakes of stages from older games. Personally I loved them and they shouldn't really take that long to do them all. I would pick up XL to play those levels and maybe mess around with some other things and then pick up 8 once you're satisfied with 7XL. But if you absolutely can only get one game between now and whenever then you might as well just get 8 because it's got a hell of a lot more content and has better gameplay.

Thank you much. I figured there was more content but hadn't been keeping up on it at all. Haven't had as much time to devote to these since 4!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, on the PSN I mean.

Yeah I meant that you could just get it from Play-asia instead. Also that looks like one will give you the PS3 version and one is for the Vita version.

New DW8-XL Video, showing off Yu Jin and Chen Gong and some 2nd EX!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I don't know why but Daqiao being in the opening next to all the Mystics and the cover boys is hilarious to me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So... JoJo Musou might be A Thing. Tecmo Koei just tweeted this tease about something happening next week, then said sorry we've just been really tense about it!

┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Picked up the Vita version of Ultimate. Aside from some framerate issues and the fact that it clearly doesn't even draw half the soldiers on the screen that are present they did a good job bringing everything across. The sound quality has taken a knock, but that's pretty minor considering they squeezed a game which was 14GB for the original on PS3 into a little over 3GB. Overall it's pretty good but not a patch on the great job they did with One Piece.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

uiruki posted:

Picked up the Vita version of Ultimate. Aside from some framerate issues and the fact that it clearly doesn't even draw half the soldiers on the screen that are present they did a good job bringing everything across. The sound quality has taken a knock, but that's pretty minor considering they squeezed a game which was 14GB for the original on PS3 into a little over 3GB. Overall it's pretty good but not a patch on the great job they did with One Piece.

Can't you insert some headphones and get full sound quality anyway? I distinctly remember that being the case with the original PSP.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Lunethex posted:

Can't you insert some headphones and get full sound quality anyway? I distinctly remember that being the case with the original PSP.

It sounds fine on headphones - what I'm referring to is the sampling quality on voices being reduced to save space. Some sound effects get cut off sometimes too, like the cheer when someone's morale increases.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

uiruki posted:

It sounds fine on headphones - what I'm referring to is the sampling quality on voices being reduced to save space. Some sound effects get cut off sometimes too, like the cheer when someone's morale increases.

Oh ok. Whenever you finish the add-on stories, can you tell us how many new stages there are in total?

e.

Found out that there are a total of 4 new chapters adding on to the existing 4! Wonder how it looks in practice though?

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 27, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm playing Orochi Ultimate now, so far the biggest addition is being able to have all three of your characters out their kicking rear end any time you want. It's weird though, in that mode, when you do your musou attack they do theirs too if their gauge is full, but it doesn't consume their gauge, only yours. It's pretty awesome to see though, especially if one of them has a continuous area effect attack like Kaguya's.

Are the new stages/characters just worked into the story mode somehow (which would make sense since it's about time travel), or do they unlock after you finish, or what?

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I'm not sure - my base Orochi 3 save is American so I couldn't bring it through into Ultimate so I'm starting again - but I suspect that it all comes after as they've taken it from 4 chapters to 8.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm playing Orochi Ultimate now, so far the biggest addition is being able to have all three of your characters out their kicking rear end any time you want. It's weird though, in that mode, when you do your musou attack they do theirs too if their gauge is full, but it doesn't consume their gauge, only yours. It's pretty awesome to see though, especially if one of them has a continuous area effect attack like Kaguya's.

Are the new stages/characters just worked into the story mode somehow (which would make sense since it's about time travel), or do they unlock after you finish, or what?

Wow, I think Orochi might be starting to topple DW8 in terms of cool now. I heard they had a Facebook poll asking Westerners what game they wanted and Orochi Ultimate is winning...but I can't view Facebook because I don't have one and I wouldn't know where to find it either.

e. Actually you know what, this 3 on the field fighting, do their weapons still trigger any of the attributes? Because if so...:getin:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 28, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What happens to xp when all three characters are out? Is your player character still the only one who gains xp? In fact, do their kills get xp for anyone on the team at all?

edit: also, sometimes something weird happens and every single grunt drops a scroll that is worth 800xp, it can turn someone from level 5 to level 25 in a matter of seconds. Any idea what triggers it?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

What happens to xp when all three characters are out? Is your player character still the only one who gains xp? In fact, do their kills get xp for anyone on the team at all?

edit: also, sometimes something weird happens and every single grunt drops a scroll that is worth 800xp, it can turn someone from level 5 to level 25 in a matter of seconds. Any idea what triggers it?

Probably need to find a Japanese info board to figure those things out :v:

But, I just found this on the Wiki:

quote:

Upon maximizing a character's level, players can reset them for permanent stat bonuses up to three times.

:allears:

So if you are encouraged to officer reset now, then I don't think it's a bug and it is rather intended considering leveling up repeatedly is more of a good thing now.

Also this:

quote:

Characters can now carry four to six items instead of two. The two extra slots are unlocked at level 100. A separate slot is available for saddles. New items are in the game.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't know about all three characters, but the grunts dropping scrolls comes from a powerup dropped by officers. It looks like gold bars and causes all grunts to drop XP scrolls for 20 seconds.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Found this fanart of Chen Gong. Had to share it.

I can only assume it was someone incredibly happy about him finally being added proper or that Lu Bu is being featured prominently. It also occurs to me that with DW8-XL they have the perfect opportunity to reintroduce Lu Lingqi :(

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Policenaut posted:

So... JoJo Musou might be A Thing. Tecmo Koei just tweeted this tease about something happening next week, then said sorry we've just been really tense about it!

┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨

:gizz: Would buy so fast

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Someone who loves the Jojo comics said this would never work, since it's entirely made up of one on one duels. Of course, that's how I feel about Gundam (the good parts anyway) so I guess it's neither here nor there.

I may have said this before but I love how Musou is completely equal opportunity on who saves who. Men save men, women save women, wives/gfs save their husbands/bfs, husbands/bf save their wives/gfs, it all happens in about equal quantities. The whole game industry could learn from that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Someone who loves the Jojo comics said this would never work, since it's entirely made up of one on one duels. Of course, that's how I feel about Gundam (the good parts anyway) so I guess it's neither here nor there.

Yeah, that was me. We had that conversation like a year ago in here and now Tecmo Koei's gonna make me look like an rear end in a top hat. I have absolutely no idea how they could make a real Jojo Musou given the series' fighting style. It really is all boss fights!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, that was me. We had that conversation like a year ago in here and now Tecmo Koei's gonna make me look like an rear end in a top hat. I have absolutely no idea how they could make a real Jojo Musou given the series' fighting style. It really is all boss fights!

Just make every enemy into Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Just make every enemy into Lu Bu

I really hope this is still in the musou battlefields thing in Ultimate.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Some information on the new weapons because apparently Koei Wiki is too elite for specific stuff like this all in one page.

quote:

5-Star weapons are character and state specific, but play any stage on Shura/Hardest difficulty using the recommended team (not your own custom team) and beat the character/s with the GLOWING green icon on the map with a Triple-Rush/Team-Attack.

If you did it right, there will be a GREEN message that pops up showing the location of the weapon.

Sometimes it's only one person, sometimes it's a group of people, so you have to be careful and get everyone who's glowing with the team rush/attack or the weapon won't unlock.

quote:

You can also forge them at the Blacksmith after you unlocked the recipe and gathered the needed gems in Unlimited Mode.

quote:

There are 2 types of 5-star weapons, the blue ones (mystic) and the orange ones (true version of 4th weapon).
Mystic can be unlocked by clearing a specific stage with a specific character with specific conditions.
True needs to be forged with items acquired in dungeons in Unlimited Mode, you will need to get at least 2 non-green crystals from the playable enemies you have defeated plus another special crystal in order to forge it.

quote:

For the rest of us who think this explanation is just too vague (no offense) allow me to elaborate:

Play either Story Mode or Free Mode, but choose only the recommended characters for whatever stage you pick.

At some point throughout the level, you will SEE a GREEN "TREASURE HAS BEEN FOUND!" message pop up in the message list. You simply have to go pick it up, BUT know that you have to break the box first (it takes a couple of hits).

Sadly, only ONE character will get the 5-star weapon per level; so that means LOTS of repeated grinding...

As a further example:

To test TC's theory, I played Chapter 5, second stage (Xing Cai, Guan Ping, Inahime) and instead of splitting up like I usually did, I followed Liu Bei into the huge ambush with Mitsuhide and Nohime. I stopped the ambush (NOTE: I used a Triple-Team-Attack to stop Mitsuhide and Nohime), and as soon as I did, I got the GREEN "TREASURE HAS BEEN FOUND" message. I picked up the treasure with Guan Ping, but at the results screen after the level, only Xing Cai got the 5-star weapon.

I then tried the level again without doing the Triple-Team-Attack and did not get a 5-Star Weapon, so I'm "guessing" that the characters that have GREEN GLOWING ICONS on the map have to be beaten in a special way (i.e. TTA).

Note: 5-Star/Mystic weapons start with no enhancements, but you can enhance them at the blacksmith.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Double postin' but for seriously good news.

Lu Lingqi is a playable character in DW8-XL!

:haw:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Double postin' but for seriously good news.

Lu Lingqi is a playable character in DW8-XL!

:haw:

loving called it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

*Nice*, Vita also.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Zhu Ran is also coming to DW8 Xtreme Legends.

EDIT: YOOOOO I GOT A PICTURE OF LU LINGQI

The first information about Samurai Warriors 4 dropped in this week's issue of Famitsu.

quote:

Spring 2014 Japanese release date.
Over 50 playable characters confirmed. The largest cast ever for a Samurai Warriors game.
Mitsunari Ishida, Hanbei Takenaka, Nobuyuki Sanada (making his debut in Samurai Warriors), Yoshitsugu Otani, Yukimura Sanada, Inahime, Kanbei Kuroda, Goemon Ishikawa and Musashi Miyamoto are confirmed.
The 2-character switching mechanic from Samurai Warriors: Chronicles is in Samurai Warriors 4.
Custom general creation is in, has new Mission Mode for CAWs.
Two new moves: "Godspeed Musou" and "Secret Musou"
Story involves the Unification of Japan from Yukimuri Sanada's perspective, will have other characters' perspectives as well.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 2, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

First look at Samurai Warriors 4 on Famitsu's website. Click here to see Nobuyuki Sanada and Yoshitsugu Otani.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I approve all of these posts. Goddamn Koei taking all my goddamn money.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Not what I expected Nobuyuki to look like, to be honest. Hopefully he's better than he looks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Here's a whole whack of Samurai Warriors 4 screenshots.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

So is this thing coming stateside or what? And what about SW2 HD?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:smith: We're not going to get this either, are we?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

U.T. Raptor posted:

:smith: We're not going to get this either, are we?

I am currently under the impression that Samurai Warriors isn't as big a hit here as Dynasty Warriors is because of several releases just being Japanese only, so I'd say it's much more unlikely that we'll get SW4...but I really hope we will get DW8-XL more than ever now, and Orochi 3 Ultimate would be pushing it. :smith:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends / with Xtreme Legends seems like a shoe-in. TK knows people will buy Xtreme Legends games and they've already put out next-gen revisions of prior Warriors games in time for launch worldwide with Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper on Wii U, so we'll probably get DW8wXL on PS4.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate seems to be the No.1 target right now for Warriors fans, at least that's what I gather from reading the TK Facebook page and that's where TK was getting suggestions for localizations.

Samurai Warriors 4 I could see coming stateside if only because it's a mainline Warriors game, but I'd expect it as a digital-only affair rather than a dual-release. Skeptic in me says PS3 only.

From there on you're in Samurai Warriors 2 with XL and Empires territory and I just start laughing.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'd accept a digital-only release with lovely half-assed subtitles, really.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Some clarified details about Samurai Warriors 4
  • All characters who appeared prior in Samurai Warriors are included in 4.
  • Hidden Musou (or "Musou Gokui") boosts your attack power when your "practice skill gauge" is at maximum.
  • The new play mode is called "Wandering Military Exercise" and sounds like Ambition Mode from DW7/8. Meet other officers, collect items
  • The character creator is "renewed" according to Tecmo Koei.

Can't wait to see a trailer.

SilverWyvern
Feb 23, 2013
I hope the character creation for SW4 is something like the creator for the SW1. I have fond nostalgic memories of that mode.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

New screenshots of Lu Lingqi and Zhu Ran for Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends for PS4.

DW8 with Xtreme Legends for PS4 (at least in Japan) will have the same kind of PS3 to PS4 "upgrade" cost that games like Battlefield 4, Call of Duty, and Watch Dogs have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
One thing I haven't seen clarified is what happens if you buy DW8 and XL separately. I got DW8 digitally at launch so it would make sense that having XL digitally should activate the discount but it doesn't fall into the "valid products" list on the Koei website. It's still cheaper if I have to buy the combo pack but I'd rather save that 2100 yen.