Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

There's no achievement for 240 cursors, just an upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Do not reset right now. Cookie chains are badly broken and will give you uncapped exponential growth over a period of days and weeks. Who knows when Orteil will wise up and patch it.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

tractor fanatic posted:

Do not reset right now. Cookie chains are badly broken and will give you uncapped exponential growth over a period of days and weeks. Who knows when Orteil will wise up and patch it.

on v1.0375?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I haven't seen a cookie chain in ages.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
I had about 30 Qa in the bank and hit a 7 Sx cookie chain. Aren't cookie chains supposed to be capped at 25% of your total produced or something along those line? As much as I love clicking cookies I'm going to feel like a fraud if my game glitched out and opened a gate to the heavenly chip cookieverse.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Spiggy posted:

I had about 30 Qa in the bank and hit a 7 Sx cookie chain. Aren't cookie chains supposed to be capped at 25% of your total produced or something along those line? As much as I love clicking cookies I'm going to feel like a fraud if my game glitched out and opened a gate to the heavenly chip cookieverse.

Someone earlier was saying that high-end cookie chains are presently broken as poo poo.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

There's no achievement for 240 cursors, just an upgrade.

There's another upgrade? :stare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Level Slide posted:

Yep, though apparently it doesn't work right now?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Spiggy posted:

Cookie chains stop after you earn at least 25% of your bank. With 30Qa in the bank, the most you should be able to get is 66Qa. I'm pretty sure your game glitched out, though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Cookie chains stop after you earn at least 25% of your bank. With 30Qa in the bank, the most you should be able to get is 66Qa. I'm pretty sure your game glitched out, though.

Welp, time to buy One Mind.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yep, though apparently it doesn't work right now?

From my understanding, it works, but makes Cookie Monster poo poo itself.

I haven't got it yet.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Never mind Orteil just nerfed the chains.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

M3wThr33 posted:

From my understanding, it works, but makes Cookie Monster poo poo itself.

I haven't got it yet.

Nah, I just bought it and my CPS didn't budge. My cookies per click did, though.

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.

tractor fanatic posted:

and here i had nine windows open trying for my first 666 quad chain :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I only got 2 66 quad chains. Aw well

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

tractor fanatic posted:

From the page's java script:

quote:

if ((Math.random()<0.15 || moni>=Game.cookies*0.25 || moni>Game.cookiesPs*60*60*6) && Game.goldenCookie.chain>5) Game.goldenCookie.chain=0;//break the chain if we're above 5 digits AND it's more than 25% of our bank, it grants more than six hours of our CpS, or just a 15% chance each digit

So now cookie chains are more likely to break (it used to be 13% this update and 10% before, now it's 15%), and they won't actually give you cookies worth more than 25% of your current bank, and they're capped at 6 hours of CpS, or about 2.5 lucky frenzies.

Since lucky frenzies happen more than 2.5x as often as max-value cookie chains, golden cookies are again the better option.

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.
haha wow im actually feeling upset that i missed out on a window of opportunity for quintillions of cookies that will never come again

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
Don't worry; if there's anything to be learned from this game it's that Orteil is retarded with numbers and math you so never know when the next game breaking buff will appear.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

tractor fanatic posted:

Don't worry; if there's anything to be learned from this game it's that Orteil is retarded with numbers and math you so never know when the next game breaking buff will appear.

You need to chill about cookies, man. Here, have a shortfoil.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Chakan posted:

You need to chill about cookies, man. Here, have a shortfoil.

What the gently caress is your loving problem, man? I mean seriously, gently caress YOU!

This situation clearly calls for a macaroon, not a loving shortfoil. I mean, have some common sense!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hmmmm okay people:

Those dutch windmill cookies or anisette cookies?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hmmmm okay people:

Those dutch windmill cookies or anisette cookies?

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
Post-nerf you can still get a 66 quad frenzy-chain if your base cps is over 440.6 bil and you have 266.7 quad banked. It's probably way too unlikely to justify that bank, but there you go.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Level Slide posted:

Unfortunately it's not really worth getting. It gives the same bonus as the 200 cursor upgrade but costs 10x as much and is more expensive to unlock than the 100 condenser upgrade, which gives a lot more cps. Maybe it's a typo and he meant it to be +1000.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

You know you're in the endgame when a Frenzy+Clickfrenzy only banks enough to buy a single condenser. :shepface:

Almost time to reset for the 2nd time (going from 101 to ~200 HC!) and refresh to finally get the latest hotness. Just after I get the last 8 condensers....

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
I stopped clicking the cookie.
I am finally free.

writhe

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Just click it a couple more times, I bet getting one or two more condensers would be super fun, just see how high your cookies per second goes!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Man, even with 3K HC it's still a pain getting to a trillion CPS outside of frenzy.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I'm just glad I had free time during the cookie chain apocalypse, but not so much free time that my game is completely broken...

8000+ heavenly chips is just the right level of broken.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Gangringo posted:

8000+ heavenly chips

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Man I reset last night and this morning I just bought the chocolate heart motif cookie (have kittens already). I only have ~380 HC and it's just crazy how fast you get back up to speed.

I like to do the shadow achievements whenever possible so I did speed and hardcore, both of which were pretty easy. I'm pretty sure the speed baking will eventually become a regular achievement which is part of why I like to do them early: more OJ for my cookie machine.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

I have 20 million chips. I cheated ovbiously.

But something that may also be relevant to honest people:

This last update has chanced things: before, there were diminishing returns in getting chips: you got less chips for a reset each time. But now it seems like each time I wait, say, 2 hours, the amount of chips for a reset is doubled. So it's accelerating now instead of slowing down.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

uXs posted:

I have 20 million chips. I cheated ovbiously.

But something that may also be relevant to honest people:

This last update has chanced things: before, there were diminishing returns in getting chips: you got less chips for a reset each time. But now it seems like each time I wait, say, 2 hours, the amount of chips for a reset is doubled. So it's accelerating now instead of slowing down.

:getin:

Bring on the Cookiepocalypse.

Phasoms
Jan 27, 2004

<GLOMP>
Have there been a any livestream races of his game yet for charity or something? It's perfectly gimmicky enough for something like that and I could totally see it as a good excuse for people to throw money at a good cause. A bunch of nerds lining up to click cookies as fast as humanly possible.

COOKIE CLICKER WORLD TOUR TOURNAMENT 2013 SPONSORED BY MONSTER ENERGY

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Phasoms posted:

Have there been a any livestream races of his game yet for charity or something? It's perfectly gimmicky enough for something like that and I could totally see it as a good excuse for people to throw money at a good cause. A bunch of nerds lining up to click cookies as fast as humanly possible.

COOKIE CLICKER WORLD TOUR TOURNAMENT 2013 SPONSORED BY MONSTER ENERGY

Dunno about "for charity", but there's definitely been races on SpeedRunsLive.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Cookie Clicker at AGDQ 2014 would be frightening. And great. But mostly frightening.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It'll be like the All Button Events during the Rising Zan run at SGDQ 2013 except cookies.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Is there a way to re-enable popups? I turned it off because I was tired of the One Mind thing popping up each run, but I didn't realize it would prevent me from resetting, exporting, or importing a save.

general chaos
May 20, 2001
Well, after about a week and one reset I finally got every achievement. I'm done with the game, right guys?

Right?

It's not like I really need to see what happens now if I start over again with 270 more heavenly chips or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Cookie Clicker at AGDQ 2014 would be frightening. And great. But mostly frightening.

That would probably be a donation incentive: a race to 1 million or something.

I mean, I know I'd donate hard-earned cookies dollars to see that.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 3, 2013

• Locked thread