Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

darkhand posted:

I still want to see some high end raids, doesn't look like we'll get there though. Guild will probably dissolve and be reformed by the time another worthwhile expansion will come out.

Just do the RoF group missions. They're the same events as the raids. Some barely change at all between group/raid other than the numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Just do the RoF group missions. They're the same events as the raids. Some barely change at all between group/raid other than the numbers

Hey, there's two Xorbb raids and 4 Sepulchre raids that aren't mirrored in group missions! And the one Sep raid that is mirrored is an awful slog of a mission that requires way too much effort to request.

The group mission copies are the same as far as lore and general flow go, but there's scaling and usually some additional mechanics in the raids.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I still rather see 40 dudes kill big stuff though.

And these warrior spells are nutty as gently caress. No Time To Bleed is 5m with 5m cooldown, absorbs 3800dmg from every attack.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

darkhand posted:

I still rather see 40 dudes kill big stuff though.

And these warrior spells are nutty as gently caress. No Time To Bleed is 5m with 5m cooldown, absorbs 3800dmg from every attack.

How many "but it doesn't protect against shoulder-mounted plasma cannons" jokes have you heard about it already?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Hey, there's two Xorbb raids and 4 Sepulchre raids that aren't mirrored in group missions! And the one Sep raid that is mirrored is an awful slog of a mission that requires way too much effort to request.

The group mission copies are the same as far as lore and general flow go, but there's scaling and usually some additional mechanics in the raids.

That loving Sep raid flagging is the most egregiously retarded poo poo I have ever seen. I still can't figure out how anyone actually thought that was an ok idea even though it's SOE we're talking about.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

rigberry enema posted:

How many "but it doesn't protect against shoulder-mounted plasma cannons" jokes have you heard about it already?

Am I missing a reference? Starship Troopers or something?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

darkhand posted:

Am I missing a reference? Starship Troopers or something?

Jesse Ventura vs Predator

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is anyone still in the Roost guild? I can't remember what the different ranks were called but it was something funny. Anyone know?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Depends, Tapp changed them then I changed them again because it was too loving annoying to sort through 'Kodaji _____ plz' when trying to figure out membership requirements. Originally it was all STD puns, then the Kodaji stuff then I just made up random useless ones so I could figure out who had guild bank/tribute access.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think the STD puns was what I was referring to. Anyone remember some (or all) of them?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Those STD puns were the best. gently caress Tapp for changing them to a bunch of dumb Kodaji poo poo even though it was fitting at the time :saddowns:

AIDS was for muted goons!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Wasn't it space AIDS or something like that? Herpes was one of them. Welp... I'm tapped out now.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

RCarr posted:

I think the STD puns was what I was referring to. Anyone remember some (or all) of them?

Space Aids, something about Dr. Mario...

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Fun: I logged onto my ancient somalian character and there was a GM event going on.

Not Fun: I was apparently the only one to show up to it. Poor GM. :smith:

I got a 5 dose froglok ghost illusion thing out of it but I felt bad for them. Plus they had spelling errors. I remember when GM events would be people shouting VER@NT sucks and trying to look up the skirt of the giant firiona vie model.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 3, 2013

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stanos posted:

Fun: I logged onto my ancient somalian character and there was a GM event going on.

Not Fun: I was apparently the only one to show up to it. Poor GM. :smith:

This is really depressing. :(

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Guides events are really well done on Xegony and happen frequently. Fenhir is the senior guide of Xegony Drinal, and he does a fantastic job. Usually a dozen people show up, which isn't bad these days considering the population, and they don't give out artifacts which would be godlike - like The Butcherblock Hammer, Oakwynd, and The Qeynos Shield were for their time.

If guide events every couple months gave out an artifact I'd guarantee you'd see 150+ plus in whatever zone it was happening in.

If an equivalent to The Butcherblock Hammer was given out today... it'd be a 2HB that was 400/35, 6000 HEM, 25 to a heroic, and proc a 10k heal. And that heal would focus and could crit. The Qeynos Shield would have three times the amount of AC that a raid shield of today (it has 75 AC, and the highest you could get was 25 back then) would, so... over 700 AC? That'd be so broken.

Node fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 4, 2013

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Well we're also past the time people would just stand around in zones chatting/selling stuff. Now adays it's people either afk in guild lobby or out boxing, or can't be arsed to goof around for some flowers or beer.

And of course if they gave out actual good stuff, you'd have people bitch endlessly that they missed the event and it "isn't fair we can no longer get these items!!!"

darkhand fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 4, 2013

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Node posted:

Guides events are really well done on Xegony and happen frequently. Fenhir is the senior guide of Xegony Drinal, and he does a fantastic job. Usually a dozen people show up, which isn't bad these days considering the population, and they don't give out artifacts which would be godlike - like The Butcherblock Hammer, Oakwynd, and The Qeynos Shield were for their time.

If guide events every couple months gave out an artifact I'd guarantee you'd see 150+ plus in whatever zone it was happening in.

If an equivalent to The Butcherblock Hammer was given out today... it'd be a 2HB that was 400/35, 6000 HEM, 25 to a heroic, and proc a 10k heal. And that heal would focus and could crit. The Qeynos Shield would have three times the amount of AC that a raid shield of today (it has 75 AC, and the highest you could get was 25 back then) would, so... over 700 AC? That'd be so broken.

But, no one knew what shield AC even was back then. And tanks might not have have broken the ac softcap for it to matter. If the tank wasn't wearing dex/agi crap anyways because they had the mistaken belief that stats should do something.

It's funny how few of those artifacts wound up on people who cared about them for more than a couple months. The only one I knew of on inno that wound up on a high end raider was the artifact from the Velious launch events, an ft10 weapon. Dude camped the GD wiz spires with his wiz alt from the day he heard about the events, until they finally ran on our server a couple weeks later. Best equipped dragonsbane alt, serverwide!

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Some of the artifacts were kind of gonzo for their day, some you wouldn't know they were good unless you figured out the archaic EQ system. It's just insane to imagine a flowing thought ten item back when casters were lucky to get one point of it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

But, no one knew what shield AC even was back then. And tanks might not have have broken the ac softcap for it to matter. If the tank wasn't wearing dex/agi crap anyways because they had the mistaken belief that stats should do something.

It's funny how few of those artifacts wound up on people who cared about them for more than a couple months. The only one I knew of on inno that wound up on a high end raider was the artifact from the Velious launch events, an ft10 weapon. Dude camped the GD wiz spires with his wiz alt from the day he heard about the events, until they finally ran on our server a couple weeks later. Best equipped dragonsbane alt, serverwide!

There is a ranger on Al'Kabor with Oakwynd (which, funnily enough, still far surpasses raid bows today in their damage ratio.) He is in the top raiding guild, naturally. I can't fathom how loving powerful that would be for its time.

Any idea what the item is called that you're referring to, by the way?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
There are still some interesting GM events. I was roleplaying during last year's halloween event, and they told me I could pick an illusion item as a reward. Hello Mask of the Tinkerers!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

ponzicar posted:

There are still some interesting GM events. I was roleplaying during last year's halloween event, and they told me I could pick an illusion item as a reward. Hello Mask of the Tinkerers!

You're making GBS threads me.

I don't know if I'd pick that or a Firestorm Cape. Probably the cape, if they allowed it, since you can get illusion: gnome from as a zonewide rare in Underfoot.

Node fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 5, 2013

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
I'd have gone for Aspect of the Brood, since it's quite literally the hardest illusion to get at this point.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Flarestar posted:

I'd have gone for Aspect of the Brood, since it's quite literally the hardest illusion to get at this point.

The Firestorm Cape is impossible to get now unless you wanted to switch to FV and pay 50+ kronos for it or something ridiculous.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

There is a ranger on Al'Kabor with Oakwynd (which, funnily enough, still far surpasses raid bows today in their damage ratio.) He is in the top raiding guild, naturally. I can't fathom how loving powerful that would be for its time.

Any idea what the item is called that you're referring to, by the way?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6456

Oakwynd still being so good is pretty insane. Archery must have been really bad back before any of the buffs or AAs.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Archery didn't really explode until EP-quality droppable bows were easy to get. Low aggro, high safety, pretty extreme damage compared to what you would normally have.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Holy gently caress. What a bunch of happy wizards those people must have been.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I was vaguely aware of those other illusion items, but in my mind, old school sleeper loot that I've been hoping to get for over a decade beats out the newer junk. (Not exactly a decade, I'd quit for eight of those years).

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

Node posted:

The Firestorm Cape is impossible to get now unless you wanted to switch to FV and pay 50+ kronos for it or something ridiculous.

Yes, but Illusion: Troll is easy as poo poo to obtain. Illusion: Flying Dragon comes from precisely one source, and it's an absurdly rare loot card at that.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Flarestar posted:

Yes, but Illusion: Troll is easy as poo poo to obtain. Illusion: Flying Dragon comes from precisely one source, and it's an absurdly rare loot card at that.

Oh, I suppose. I wasn't thinking about illusion pots.

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008
Any goons still copying over pp/gear to test?

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
I have some pp I can share. Send a note to Navrant in game and ill parcel you some.

I just move to Oceangreen hills with my trio and the exp sucks. Is there somewhere in zone I should be camping with my sk, Mage and bard group?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

jetz0r posted:

Who was your character on inny?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

thewhitehand posted:

Any goons still copying over pp/gear to test?

Are you the new guy I (Kodaji) talked to the other night? If so, I have plat for you, just forgot after raids ended. I'll get you some before raids tonight if you'll post your char name.

Also, for whatever reason, the Test guild Wiji and I raid with picked up like 15 new people and we're back to destroying content (relative to the rest of Test) if anybody wants to hop in. Most of us are geared out the rear end by now because we've been farming poo poo for literally months straight, so raid gear is going for cheap as gently caress/free to alts and it's fast to get up to speed if you get in now instead of a couple weeks down the line when all the new people have piles of DKP to spend! We're lovely but it's strangely fun. Even moreso if you're a tank, cuz the tank chat channel I made turned into a sweetass gossip/bitch channel and our tanks are all awesome.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Oh right, expansion day. Thank you email for reminding me I spent $40 on what has to be the least anticipated content launch I've ever seen. I had forgotten about it entirely.

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008

MrTheDevious posted:

Are you the new guy I (Kodaji) talked to the other night? If so, I have plat for you, just forgot after raids ended. I'll get you some before raids tonight if you'll post your char name.

Also, for whatever reason, the Test guild Wiji and I raid with picked up like 15 new people and we're back to destroying content (relative to the rest of Test) if anybody wants to hop in. Most of us are geared out the rear end by now because we've been farming poo poo for literally months straight, so raid gear is going for cheap as gently caress/free to alts and it's fast to get up to speed if you get in now instead of a couple weeks down the line when all the new people have piles of DKP to spend! We're lovely but it's strangely fun. Even moreso if you're a tank, cuz the tank chat channel I made turned into a sweetass gossip/bitch channel and our tanks are all awesome.

Ya I was talking to you on my character Mordekaiser. What level do you need to be for these raids? My box team is currently 90/77/72 atm.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'm only raiding if I get to join the tank channel because the best part of raids was secret cliques to bitch at other people. :colbert:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Less than 2 hours of raiding and expansion is done, under 8 hours from server up.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Who was your character on inny?

Iila, druid in LoD.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
That didn't take long. Was the loot as bad as I've heard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Stanos posted:

That didn't take long. Was the loot as bad as I've heard?

100 hp upgrades from the last tier from what I saw.