Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

general chaos posted:

Well, after about a week and one reset I finally got every achievement. I'm done with the game, right guys?

Right?

It's not like I really need to see what happens now if I start over again with 270 more heavenly chips or anything.

But your new cps will be sky-high! Well, even sky-higher than it is now.

I wonder if there are any limits on anything where the game just breaks down and "ends" like the error screen in Pac-Man

\/\/\/EDIT\/\/\/

Are we sure this "Orteil" character isn't a PhD psychology candidate doing his thesis on internet nerds?

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will Of The Wisp
Jan 27, 2009
This game has broken my mind. I'm basicly sleeping worse and seeing nightmares of not clicking that friggin' cookie. Funny thing is; I thought I got free. Wasn't playing for couple weeks and came here to post that... then i clicked the cookie just for fun and saw all the updates and here I go again.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
So, I was refreshing my main game window trying to see if I could get my save exported to the beta (I couldn't) but then this happened, and I'm not really sure how-

I don't even know what that number represents.

Cookiemonster says that if I reset I could get 12.172 Sp chips :psyduck:

e: also cookiemonster parses my total cookies as 427.000 Dc

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 3, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It looks like the game gave you a golden cookie chain of length 61 for some reason. If you don't have an exported save to revert to you'll probably have to cheat it back to something sane or you'll be stuck at meaninglessly huge numbers forever.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AndroidHub posted:

So, I was refreshing my main game window trying to see if I could get my save exported to the beta (I couldn't) but then this happened, and I'm not really sure how-

I don't even know what that number represents.

Cookiemonster says that if I reset I could get 12.172 Sp chips :psyduck:

e: also cookiemonster parses my total cookies as 427.000 Dc

Ha ha ha 7.4074..... x 10^61 cookies, jesus I think something snapped there.

EDIT: That is 74000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 cookies.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 3, 2013

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You might be able to afford 200 condensers.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I got 200, and my number didn't even change from 470.000 Dc. I think I am going to try soft resetting and seeing how stupid the chips make it, then I'm gonna go from there. I'm definitely gonna keep the save because I want to see what happens when you have a girlscout with 1000 factories once the dungeons are in the main game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just keep buying condensers and see how many you an afford before you reset.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

yeah, I'm gonna import the save from before the reset, but-

e:

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 3, 2013

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
There needs to be SOME kind of challenge or it's just no fun. I do love the one cursor giving sextillions of cps though.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Eldercain posted:

There needs to be SOME kind of challenge or it's just no fun. I do love the one cursor giving sextillions of cps though.
No one cares about challenge, the only thing anyone cares about is cookies, specifically getting more of them.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Feeble posted:

No one cares about challenge, the only thing anyone cares about is cookies, specifically getting more of them.

Before you know it you're doing... unspeakable things for that next hit of sweet sweet increased cps.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Monkey Fracas posted:

Before you know it you're doing... unspeakable things for that next hit of sweet sweet increased cps.

But everyone knows that cheated cookies taste awful, and that glitched cookies are probably completely devoid of flavor at best.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I just got 70+ QUADRILLION cookies from a cookie chain. I only had like 30 quadriollion banked

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Dude, I just started playing this like 25 minutes ago and I can already tell I won't be studying for the test I have tomorrow as much as I should be. Imma be cooking clickies like a motherfucker. I got 235.8 cookies per second and IT'S NOT ENOUGH! I NEED AT LEAST 1,000,000 cookies per second and nothing else will satisfy me! And when I get to 1,000,000 I know I'll then need to get 1,000,000,000 per second and so on and so on.

Edit: holy poo poo shipments give +100 CPS?! I need more of them, I need more of them NOW!

Edit 2:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Are we sure this "Orteil" character isn't a PhD psychology candidate doing his thesis on internet nerds?
I'm kind of afraid of what a study on this game would learn...

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 3, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Feeble posted:

Dude, I just started playing this like 25 minutes ago and I can already tell I won't be studying for the test I have tomorrow as much as I should be. Imma be cooking clickies like a motherfucker. I got 235.8 cookies per second and IT'S NOT ENOUGH! I NEED AT LEAST 1,000,000 cookies per second and nothing else will satisfy me! And when I get to 1,000,000 I know I'll then need to get 1,000,000,000 per second and so on and so on.

Edit: holy poo poo shipments give +100 CPS?! I need more of them, I need more of them NOW!

100 cps? Oh, so naive. :unsmigghh:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hey man, I'm a rookie clicker cut me some slack.

Also, finally bought enough cursors to completely outline the cookie. I realize that I could have spent those cookies on far more efficent things but having it completely surrounded just feels right.

Like sperm surround an egg, signaling imminent birth of an obsession...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I just realized, the golden grandmas? Read the description. They don't bake cookies. They get turned into cookies. :stonk:

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.

Feeble posted:

Hey man, I'm a rookie clicker cut me some slack.

Also, finally bought enough cursors to completely outline the cookie. I realize that I could have spent those cookies on far more efficent things but having it completely surrounded just feels right.

Like sperm surround an egg, signaling imminent birth of an obsession...

Actually cursors are really effcient.

Cursors, Grandmas, Farms, and Portals are the most efficient buildings.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I can't export my save?! I'm on a public computer and it won't let me export my save! WHY THE gently caress WILL IT NOT LET ME EXPORT MY SAVE GOD drat YOU LIBRARY COMPUTERS!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
^^I think you need cookie monster. Go find the script real fast and paste it into your url.

AnonSpore posted:

I just realized, the golden grandmas? Read the description. They don't bake cookies. They get turned into cookies. :stonk:

It's pretty efficient, really. And you probably don't care what happens to them anyways. We know you sold them <:mad:>

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The new little tooltip descriptions of all of the grandma variants and everything else are kind of amusing and add some flavor to the game.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

Actually cursors are really effcient.

Cursors, Grandmas, Farms, and Portals are the most efficient buildings.

Farms? Farms are probably the single most worthless building. I have 150 of them for a grand total of 3k Cps. Cursors, Grandmas, and everything from portals on are what you need. Everything else is simple cursor support.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

ViggyNash posted:

Farms? Farms are probably the single most worthless building. I have 150 of them for a grand total of 3k Cps. Cursors, Grandmas, and everything from portals on are what you need. Everything else is simple cursor support.

And yet Orteil supposedly unnerfed them because people were bitching about how useless farms were.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ViggyNash posted:

Farms are good because they usually end up being the cheapest building (because they're worthless), and then you get the cursor upgrade that gives each cursor +100 CpS for each building you own, and suddenly they become amazing.

Of course, they still show as having low CpS, because that big increase shows up under cursors instead of farms.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
EDIT: pretty much beaten by everyone

Farms did indeed receive a buff with the latest update. Along with their shiny new upgrade and an increase in their base production, they now have a CpS of 80 instead of 20 (before multipliers). Of course their most useful role is still in being a (relatively) cheap way to boost all your cursors.

PS: Viggy you need to refresh to get the latest update if your farms are still 20 CpS on their own. You should be getting 12k CpS from them, not 3k.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 4, 2013

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.

ViggyNash posted:

Farms have a really amazing Cost to CPS ratio and are cheap as dirt to support cursors.

That are amazingly efficient even if they aren't super productive.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Farms are good because they usually end up being the cheapest building (because they're worthless), and then you get the cursor upgrade that gives each cursor +100 CpS for each building you own, and suddenly they become amazing.

Of course, they still show as having low CpS, because that big increase shows up under cursors instead of farms.

200 farms producing 16,000 cps, so 80 CPS each.

Now, factor in all of my cursor upgrades and my 200 farms are actually producing 4.5m CPS each.

So yeah that's p intense.

But then that means that all of my portals are producing 4.5m extra as well and it becomes kind of moot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
My farms are within 85% of my factories/mines/shipments/labs in output so I don't really see the problem.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

AnonSpore posted:

My farms are within 85% of my factories/mines/shipments/labs in output so I don't really see the problem.

People are going to bitch because they can about anything.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Just broke 1 Quintillion cookies all-time. Can't stop though, cookies might eat me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man you could just do a hard reset and this game would feel exactly the same, aside from a bit of endgame Golden Cookie stuff. As long as that cps keeps going up at a rate relative to your current cps it all feels good.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think it's also worth saying especially early farms are really really good at getting you off the ground, especially now. They're no longer outclassed by mines from the word go.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
Finally got Quintillion Fingers. Now I can go back to ignoring it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

M3wThr33 posted:

Finally got Quintillion Fingers. Now I can go back to ignoring it.

There's one more

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

Whatever. I got 'em all.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I wanted to reset and get an even 750 chips but I got a lucky cookie and it overshot it to 752 :saddowns:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

I wanted to reset and get an even 750 chips but I got a lucky cookie and it overshot it to 752 :saddowns:

I tried to do that for 3333 last night but found I'd already overshot it when I did the math. :downs:

(And then I missed trying to hit 3750.)

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
edit: Nevermind I'm an idiot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/30/4786780/the-cult-of-the-cookie-clicker-when-is-a-game-not-a-game

• Locked thread