Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shoopuf posted:

Don't forget to turn 3D on for the intro once you start up the demo. It's actually really well done!

Seriously, I anticipate this being the first game for which I never turn the 3D off at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ace Attorney 5's Pursuit theme is one of the best in the series. It's like, second or third.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some eShop-related news:

-Two Tribes has officially announced their "Two Tribes Classics" line of Wii U eShop games; they're bringing Toki Tori, RUSH and EDGE to the eShop at an introductory price of $1.99/€1.99/£1.79 each, starting with Toki Tori this month. Info sheet here.

-Spin The Bottle's first content update has been revealed (click) - they'll be adding six new minigames at some point before Christmas. Rather than releasing it as DLC, they plan to continue adding free content to the base game while slowly raising the price, as an incentive for early adopters.

-Renegade Kid put up a website/trailer for their upcoming 3DS eShop game, Treasurenauts (click) - from what I gather it's somewhat open-ended, and has some weird saving gimmick that's gonna piss a lot of people off. Two-player Download Play co-op is nice, at least. They're aiming for a December release.

-NOA has Picross e-3 listed as coming this week, $5.99.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some eShop-related news:

-Two Tribes has officially announced their "Two Tribes Classics" line of Wii U eShop games; they're bringing Toki Tori, RUSH and EDGE to the eShop at an introductory price of $1.99/€1.99/£1.79 each, starting with Toki Tori this month. Info sheet here.
When these come out everyone with a Wii U should get RUSH, it's such a great puzzle game and that price it's a steal.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pyrovile posted:

When these come out everyone with a Wii U should get RUSH, it's such a great puzzle game and that price it's a steal.

I was gonna say this, Toki Tori 1 is pretty drat great too. The eShop must be working for Two Tribes if they're porting a load of old stuff over.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
At $2 each I might just buy them all even tho I own them all on Steam and have played them a ton already. I really liked Edge.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah, I played Edge on Android and liked it enough that I just might pick it up again to play it with an actual control stick.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Jupiter has confirmed that Picross e-3 will be released in NA today, and in PAL-land on November 14.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Jupiter has confirmed that Picross e-3 will be released in NA today, and in PAL-land on November 14.
The gently caress is with the over a month wait? Is NOA trying to get back at us for our previous Picross-e supremacy?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Honestly I just now finished e2 so that's prefect for me. e2 also came out the day after I finished e1 and Mario picross.

So Nintendo is basing their calendar on me probably.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 3):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (October 4) - €59.99 / £49.99
    Just Dance 2014 (October 1) - €49.99 / £34.99
WII U eSHOP
    Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND (October 4) - free to download, free one-hour trial, microtransactions
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Final Fight (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Final Fight 2 (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Final Fight 3 (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £4.19 until October 3
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until October 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - €44.99 / £39.99
    Game Festival 1 (September 27) - €24.99 / £19.99
3DS eSHOP
    Witch & Hero (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until October 17
    Tangram Style (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until October 31

NA update (week of October 3):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Just Dance 2014 (October 8) - $59.99
WII U eSHOP
    TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition - $7.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Final Fight (SNES) - $7.99
    Final Fight 2 (SNES) - $7.99
    Final Fight 3 (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Final Fight 1, 2 or 3, get any version of Street Fighter 2 for 50% off!
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) - $29.99 until October 4
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until October 9
    BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U eShop) - 33% off until October 7

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - $19.99
3DS eSHOP
    Picross-e3 - $5.99
    Family Bowling 3D - $4.99
    Halloween Trick Or Treat 2 - $7.99
    Happy Circus - $?
    Witch & Hero (demo)
DSiWARE
    Jewel Quest 5: The Sleepless Star - 800 Points / $7.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - $19.99 until October 4
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $39.99 until October 14
    Bike Rider DX (3DS eShop) - $2.99 off until October 9
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Academy: First Semester (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until October 6
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until October 6
    Pilotwings (Wii VC) - 150 Coins, available until October 6
    Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Wii VC) - 150 Coins, available until October 6

Here's the full NA release update. Note the snap Monster Hunter sale - 50% on both platforms for one day!

You can see details on the Final Fight deal here - not quite sure if you can get all the SF games for 50% off or just one, but it's not like you'd even want to own all of them, anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 4, 2013

Myrmeleo
Jan 27, 2010

If only I had Earth Power...
All that's missing on the US eShop update for today is that US also gets the three Final Fights for the SNES on the Wii U.

There's also a special deal: Buy any Final Fight, and you'll get 50% off your purchase of another fighting game, like Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting. This offer is good til 10/10/2013.

Edit: Oh! Also, Witch & Hero has a demo up on the 3DS eShop now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Myrmeleo posted:

All that's missing on the US eShop update for today is that US also gets the three Final Fights for the SNES on the Wii U.

There's also a special deal: Buy any Final Fight, and you'll get 50% off your purchase of another fighting game, like Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting. This offer is good til 10/10/2013.

Final Fight isn't a really a fighting game but that's a good deal.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Final Fight isn't a really a fighting game but that's a good deal.

50% off another game with "Fight" in its name. :v:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does that include Balloon Fight?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Myrmeleo posted:

Wouldn't mind doing that deal to get Final Fight 2 and 3 since I already have the excellent arcade version of the original on XBLA.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So are the Final Fight games any good? I know that they're beat-em-ups and the first one doesn't have multiplayer for some godforsaken reason, but I can't say much about them besides that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Rhythm Thief appears to be $20 on the NA eShop now.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Rhythm Thief appears to be $20 on the NA eShop now.

I'm away from my 3DS. Is this is a sale or a permanent price drop?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Fawf posted:

I'm away from my 3DS. Is this is a sale or a permanent price drop?

I didn't see anything indicating it was a sale, but I also didn't look that hard.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Artix posted:

So are the Final Fight games any good? I know that they're beat-em-ups and the first one doesn't have multiplayer for some godforsaken reason, but I can't say much about them besides that.

The first game, from what I can tell, was just Capcom trying to shove as much poo poo into the smallest/cheapest cartridge they could, what with it being the early days of the SNES and all. It's alright, but the other two are better. Final Fight 2 is arguably better than Final Fight 3. While Final Fight 3 has more features, it's also way too easy, even at the hardest difficulty setting. It's pretty much the opposite of Streets of Rage 2 versus Streets of Rage 3, where SoR3 had more going for it but was unnecessarily difficult.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mercury Crusader posted:

The first game, from what I can tell, was just Capcom trying to shove as much poo poo into the smallest/cheapest cartridge they could, what with it being the early days of the SNES and all. It's alright, but the other two are better. Final Fight 2 is arguably better than Final Fight 3. While Final Fight 3 has more features, it's also way too easy, even at the hardest difficulty setting. It's pretty much the opposite of Streets of Rage 2 versus Streets of Rage 3, where SoR3 had more going for it but was unnecessarily difficult.

Also if you got a PS3 or XBox 360, get the Final Fight Double Impact release for $10 then grab Final Fight 2 and 3. The Double Impact release has the arcade version with none of the changes the SNES version suffered from, like the removal of Guy, the changing of Poison to some generic guy, and the removal of Rolento's stage.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

If it's worth mentioning, Final Fight 2 and 3 were developed originally for the SNES and aren't a remake of any arcade version. SNES is the only console those 2 were on. (That said, I've never played them.)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't see it mentioned here but Monster Hunter is on sale for $19.99 until 9 am PST on 10/4. The demo didn't do much for me, but I rarely pass up 50% off deals on any videogame.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

lelandjs posted:

I didn't see it mentioned here but Monster Hunter is on sale for $19.99 until 9 am PST on 10/4. The demo didn't do much for me, but I rarely pass up 50% off deals on any videogame.

Is this for both versions again?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fancy Hat! posted:

Is this for both versions again?

Yes. Monster Hunter owns grab it y'all~

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

lelandjs posted:

Demo did a horribly bad job selling the game as a whole. Just take the tutorial slowly and read all the text you can. At least till your first real monster kill (giant noisy bird). If you get that far and are still not having a good time, drop it

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So just a heads up with regards to the Final Fight deal, you can't use it to get the other Final Fight games. I grabbed 2 for the hell of it, and 1 and 3 aren't discounted - only the Street Fighter 2 games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Artix posted:

So just a heads up with regards to the Final Fight deal, you can't use it to get the other Final Fight games. I grabbed 2 for the hell of it, and 1 and 3 aren't discounted - only the Street Fighter 2 games.

That sucks. That must be a glitch, since on the page it seems to indicate all six of those games can be discounted.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Edoraz posted:

Demo did a horribly bad job selling the game as a whole. Just take the tutorial slowly and read all the text you can. At least till your first real monster kill (giant noisy bird). If you get that far and are still not having a good time, drop it

Yeah, I've heard the demo was pretty crap, but I didn't feel like it was worth a $40 gamble. $20, though, I can deal with. I'll probably enjoy it enough to pass the time until Pokemon drops.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Mercury Crusader posted:

Final Fight is such a good game but the censorship and removal of Guy generates quite a few complaints. It was also a SNES launch title, or at least early release. If I recall correctly, it suffered from quite a bit of flicker and slowdown.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

RVWinkle posted:

Final Fight is such a good game but the censorship and removal of Guy generates quite a few complaints. It was also a SNES launch title, or at least early release. If I recall correctly, it suffered from quite a bit of flicker and slowdown.

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts had slowdown as well. Those early Capcom titles seemed to be a case of Capcom trying to do too much with too little.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

RVWinkle posted:

The biggest thing it suffered from was only one player and never more than three enemies on screen at once, making it extremely easy.

The only port of Final Fight worth playing ever is the Sega CD one, otherwise just get any of the releases of the arcade game, which is one the best beat'em ups ever made easily. I would avoid the SNES one completely when if you have any access at all to a release of the arcade version.

Final Fight 2 and 3 are both good and horrible in their own way. Final Fight 2 has pretty poor music and graphics compared to 1 and 3, though it does have coop. I like FF3 the most of the SNES games. The difficulty is low and they reuse this one particular song forty-five thousand times despite having a lot of really good songs in the game, but it moves a bit faster than SNES 1 and 2 and the four characters have a good variety of moves. They also ripped off Streets of Rage 2's grappling system so the coop is a lot of fun. :)

Basically get Final Fight 3, get the arcade version of Final Fight 1, FF2 I kind of sort of wouldn't bother with.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

RVWinkle posted:

Final Fight is such a good game but the censorship and removal of Guy generates quite a few complaints.

But that's why they had Final Fight Guy as a Rental-only release (Well, it brought Guy back but took Cody out, and the censorship was still there so...)

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw that up on the VC for shits and giggles, and charged full price for it of course.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 4, 2013

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

RMZXAnarchy posted:

But that's why they had Final Fight Guy as a Rental-only release (Well, it brought Guy back but took Cody out, and the censorship was still there so...)

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw that up on the VC for shits and giggles, and charged full price for it of course.

Japanese customers are very discerning about Final Fight. Their Virtual Console has Final Fight 1 and 3 but no 2. They didn't even get Final Fight Streetwise :)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, and it's ironic because it's Capcom Japan's fault that Streetwise was such a dud, from what I'm told.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I should've known better than to hope that Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND would be available in Australia. I know music licensing probably makes it a poo poo, but I wanted to dream :negative:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is it IP-locked?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Nah, just not on our store. I'd heard you couldn't just change regions on Wii U like on 3DS so I didn't try that, but realised after that it meant you need to make a Nintendo Network account for that region after switching the system settings so I'm trying now.

Fingers crossed.

e: Actually, can't see it on UK eShop either. It is on their New Releases listing though, unlike ours. Dated the 4th though, and the Miiverse community isn't up yet either, so I guess it's a late/special release, like Earthbound or a retail title.

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^Looks like it might actually be up now.