Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

All of this stuff was on sale for between 50% and 85% off with free shipping over 70€, just takes a bit of time poking around as the sizes are limited at this price.

http://www.impericon.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Hawkeye Vol 2, because I had a Barnes & Noble giftcard and I like to read comix.

New makeup bag, since mine was getting kind of grungy. They also had a matching tote bag that I loved, but I am holding out for a more heavy-duty purse.

Because I am almost finished with reading Helter Skelter and I don't feel like moving on to another subject yet. Also, the price of the ebook dropped to $6.49!

15 year old Infiniti Q30, because I am a classy lady who deserves a classy ride.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

tribbledirigible posted:

Plane tickets for my trip to here:

But with an 8 hour layover here:

With a new camera to take pictures of each place:

A new bag to carry my junk in:

And some new shoes to stroll around in:

Could you help us out who haven't travelled much on where you actually went?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

b0nes posted:

Looks like Paris with a layover in London

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Tineye says the second picture is Dublin.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I have a drinking problem.

Also gently caress it I'm going to buy it eventually why not now. I just realized the picture I used has a stupid shirt that doesn't come with it. So nobody buy it or don't buy it based on that dumb shirt.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

It's not very precise, but it's great for quick sketches and thumbnails.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Was bored after work and wandered into HMV, apparently this came out a day early, hell yeah.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

b0nes posted:

Haven't gone yet- I'm leaving tomorrow evening. I'm spending 5 days in Paris, but I've an 8 hour layover in Dublin.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Geektox posted:

Was bored after work and wandered into HMV, apparently this came out a day early, hell yeah.

Thanks for the head's up! Stopped by the record store and grabbed it because of your post. Literally just finished listening to the JGL intro and it is already amazing.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Double LP rerelease of Take to the Skies

The CD version of Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will because I want to listen to this in my car

Same goes for All Hail Bright Futures, this is great driving music

lets go swimming has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Oct 1, 2013

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I have a drinking problem.

I just started drinking Ardbeg a month or so ago, and it's my new favorite. Peat owns. I like your taste in whisky.

For content, this just arrived today. :neckbeard:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Troll Bridgington posted:

I just started drinking Ardbeg a month or so ago, and it's my new favorite. Peat owns. I like your taste in whisky.

For content, this just arrived today. :neckbeard:

Do you have a previous version of the (non-paperwhite) Kindle to compare it to?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's October, so horror movies(and Jurassic Park)!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vizio M401i-A3 40" LED 120hz 1080p Smart TV to replace the 3 year old 40" Dynex LCD I've got now that I'm giving my girlfriend for her new place whenever this comes in (ordered from Amazon).

And this, to hook it up to my receiver and get audio out of the speakers that are wired to it:

35ft RCA to RCA cable from Monoprice

This TV is razor thin and I can't wait to see it set up in my room. I've only owned LCDs before, so this will be my first LED. And I saw the 32" version of this in action at Best Buy and it looked so nice :D

It's also the first time I'll be able to watch Netflix and YouTube right from my TV, and even though I'll probably never use those apps and I'll probably just go to the sites on my computer and output it to the TV via HDMI because it's faster, it still seems like a badass and futuristic thing to have.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Wow, Vizio have really stepped up their design (their AIO PC looks great as well). Shame they're not really sold here.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Raikiri posted:

Wow, Vizio have really stepped up their design (their AIO PC looks great as well). Shame they're not really sold here.
Yeah, I never really considered Vizio when I bought my last TV because they didn't seem particularly extraordinary back then. But this one looks so sleek, it's only an inch and a half thick, and it doesn't even get warm to the touch whereas my current LCD heats up my entire room like a motherfucker every time I have it on.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

I recently bought a Panasonic 42" LED and it's excellent, wouldn't mind seeing some more good budget options though as the stuff we have available in the UK generally sucks unless it's from a big brand.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Raikiri posted:

How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

I recently bought a Panasonic 42" LED and it's excellent, wouldn't mind seeing some more good budget options though as the stuff we have available in the UK generally sucks unless it's from a big brand.
The TV was $499 and the cable was like $17, and I picked the free shipping on Amazon, so all in all it was like $516. Considering the 40" LCD I have currently also cost $499, but I bought it at a Best Buy so I had to pay tax on it and it came out to close to $550, I'd say I did pretty good with this one :)

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Oct 1, 2013

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Definitely, works out at about £370 inc. tax, I paid £499 for mine.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Christmas is over two months away, but I saw this and decided my niece (and my sister, her mom) would love it:

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Ah, lovely nostalgia.

And this beauty. 1960's Godzilla from the S.H. Monsterarts line. Fantastic articulation and amazing sculpt.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Oldstench posted:

Do you have a previous version of the (non-paperwhite) Kindle to compare it to?

I owned the one Kindle Keyboard a year or so ago. It ended up breaking and I never replaced it since I was able to just read on my tablet.

This is a pretty significant upgrade from the keyboard. It's very light and compact, it has an adjustable backlight, the processor is faster, and there are some pretty nifty extra features. The image quality is amazing.

The only downside I can see is it lacks a head phone jack and audio book support like the Keyboard had. It was never something I used, though.

Mmmm Pie
Jun 17, 2007
Me like pie
I bought this!

Now I get to buy a bunch of other crap to go in it, like these!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

I love that vinyl records often come with CD copies as well these days.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

I love that vinyl records often come with CD copies as well these days.

And if you buy them on amazon they almost all come with digital downloads.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Bought the fiance some new shoes for her birthday:

And some Kraken Rum for myself:

neither are my images

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

And if you buy them on amazon they almost all come with digital downloads.

Actually, I bought this one at my local record shop and it came with a digital download as well. Though I was mostly pleased at buying a vinyl album and being able to listen to it on the drive home with the CD.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Mmmm Pie posted:

I bought this!

Now I get to buy a bunch of other crap to go in it, like these!

Congrats, looks like a very sweet little house :)

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
An incredibly cool 31'' Darth Vader Figure :siren:because it's %50 off and almost sold out:siren:

Awesome garbage disposal, 250 USD off

Now that the wife and I are moving, Amazon deals have been a blessing.

Except for the Darth Vader thing... she will hate it.

Redrum and Coke has a new favorite as of 14:59 on Oct 3, 2013

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition is finally back in stock in the UK! I've been after this for a while and me and a few friends played a few games with just one of the included expansions and it was fantastic!

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I really hate having a pool...

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

I saw this linked somewhere a long time ago and bookmarked it and just stumbled across the bookmark while cleaning them up the other day.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Good choice. Take care of it and it will last forever.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

My old phone stopped charging, so I decided it was time for an upgrade.

Galaxy Note 3

And to help get some weight back on after a particularly bad virus:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

App13 posted:

My old phone stopped charging, so I decided it was time for an upgrade.

Galaxy Note 3

Oh my god that phone is enormous.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Is your phone behind that tablet?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

blackmanjew posted:

Oh my god that phone is enormous.

That's why they added a "one hand mode." Which makes complete sense...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

That's why they added a "one hand mode." Which makes complete sense...

One hand mode actually works pretty well.

The phone is BIG, but it is very light, and doesn't feel unwieldy at all.

• Locked thread